IS 2 COR 3:6 SPEAKING ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT ?

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And 2 Cor 4:3-4 is a good verse and 1 Cor 2:14 comes from a different angle !!

1 Cor 2:14 reads , But a soulish man receives NOT the things of the Spirit of God ,
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

IS 2 COR 3:6 SPEAKING ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT ?​

YES
And you did not have proof , that I could see ?

This is how I see that verse in 2 Cor 3:6 !!

# 1 And the NEW COVENANT is spoken in Heb 8:8 , and says that the NEW COVENANT will be only with the House of Israel and with the house of Judah . PERIOD .

#2 As to 2 Cor 3:6 OF THE NEW // KAINOS is in the GENTIVE CASE and in the Greek Singular and that means , that OF THE NEW will happen only one time as it is in the SINGULAR . G2537

# 3 The Greek word NEW is used 44 times , recently made , unworn , unheard of .

#4 Testament // DIATHEKE , G1242 in STRONG'S , is better translated , ARRANGEMENT , WHY ?

#5 Because it then says , NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE , neverrrrrrrrrrrrr of WRITINGGG , meaning the WRITING OF THE LAW of Moses , but the Spirit , meaning Holy Spirit makes alive .

# If anyone says we live under the New Covenant , THEN how will you say how anyone is SAVED under the NEW COVENANT TODAY ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sin is transgression of the law ... the law is eternal has always been and will always be.

Sin (transgression of the law) started in heaven with lucifer and the 1/3 angels.

Until the seed (Jesus) come ... yes .... through which salvation is possible ... of which was slain before the foundation of the world (plan of salvation in place before creation) God's foreknowledge ... He knew what would happen ... He knew what choice Adam and Eve would make and the rest of humanity as well.

God created all His intelligent beings as free agents ... the choice to live according to the principals of love ... love can not be forced ... it MUST be a choice else it's not love.

The law (the 10) are laws of love ... that is when kept perfectly the result is perfect love (only Jesus did this)

The 10 is the "short list" of what love looks like .... the first table God's divine love and what that relationship looks like .... the 2nd table is how all of mankind is to treat one another but is like (similar) to the first. Everything Jesus taught whether in speech or in action reflects the law in it's entirety and He did so willingly. His ministry on earth reflected the true image of God ... because He was and is God and that image is perfect Love. Through His ministry on earth He expounded on the 10 ... that is gave more detailed information of what true love looks like.

Isaiah 43:41
King James Bible
The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he (Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Nothing has changed because God does not change. The law shows us the divine and unchanging character of God.

Malachi 3:6 says, “I am the Lord, I change not.” Hebrews 13:8 says Jesus is the same “yesterday, today, and forever.”

There is nothing wrong with God's laws not one single thing ... and is stated as such by Jesus.

Matthew 5:17-18 King James Version (KJV)Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil (to make honorable). For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled (until His return). Why? Because He never changes.

Jesus did not mean for us to stop keeping the law once He “fulfilled” it. By fulfilling the law Jesus showed us how to keep the law fully ... while knowing and understanding how we struggle with doing that (overcoming sin - transgression of the law) not loving one another.

The first tablet helps us maintain a healthy relationship with God, and second tablet is our guide for our relationships with other humans. They are a way for humanity to express our devotion and obedience to God, and a way for God to express His will and character to us.
God gives us his law to help us live in harmony with his plan for our lives .... by choice ... not forced.

Laws that produce love my friends ... and we press forward in keeping them because we Love God and know He loved us first. Amen.

John 3:16​

New International Version​

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Amen. Thank you Jesus !!!!!

Keep the commandments out of Love and for no other reasons. It is not being legalistic as some claim ... it is being loving towards God and humanity and there certainly is no fault in that at all.
And where in the bible does anyone see in the bible calls us FREE AGENTS , and anyone have a verse on the subject ?

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing wrong with God's laws not one single thing ... and is stated as such by Jesus.
Matthew 5:17-18 King James Version (KJV)Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil (to make honorable). For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled (until His return). Why? Because He never changes.
Jesus did not mean for us to stop keeping the law once He “fulfilled” it. By fulfilling the law Jesus showed us how to keep the law fully
... while knowing and understanding how we struggle with doing that (overcoming sin - transgression of the law) not loving one another.
That's quite zealous, but lacking discernment; [Hosea 4:6] For the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Christ [Isaiah 33:5-6] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts, believes in Him. Rom 10:2-4
sin is transgression of the law ... the law is eternal has always been and will always be.
Who has come according to the power of an endless life. Heb 7:16
Until the seed (Jesus) come ... yes .... through which salvation is possible ... of which was slain before the foundation of the world (plan of salvation in place before creation) God's foreknowledge ... He knew what would happen ... He knew what choice Adam and Eve would make and the rest of humanity as well.
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,
“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” 1 Peter 2:4-6
Isaiah 43:41 King James Bible The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he (Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
Nothing has changed because God does not change. The law shows us the divine and unchanging character of God.
Malachi 3:6 says, “I am the Lord, I change not.” Hebrews 13:8 says Jesus is the same “yesterday, today, and forever.”
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; Psalm 45:6
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. Heb 1:8

You who are far away, hear what I have done; you who are near, acknowledge my power! Isaiah 33:13-14
For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:28-29

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Waiting for your explanation in context using 2 Corinthians 3.
What were the letters engraved in stone?

2Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death having been engraved in letters in stone was with glory, so as that the sons of Israel could not gaze into "the face of Moses" because of the glory of his face, which was to cease,

Exod 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deut 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deut 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟726,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And where in the bible does anyone see in the bible calls us FREE AGENTS , and anyone have a verse on the subject ?

dan p
Do you have a choice to sin or not?

Neither does the word trinity appear in the bible .... do you deny the use of the word?

God don't force himself on anyone, it's a choice.

Joshua 24:14-15
English Standard Version

Choose Whom You Will Serve​

14 “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a choice to sin or not?

Neither does the word trinity appear in the bible .... do you deny the use of the word?

God don't force himself on anyone, it's a choice.

Joshua 24:14-15​

English Standard Version​

Choose Whom You Will Serve​

14 “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Since you want to change the OP , I can for you ?

In 1 John 5::7 For these THREE that bear record in HEAVEN , the FATHER , the WORD , and the HOLY SPIRIT , and these

THREE are ONE .

One means SINGLE

TWO means TWO

And THREE means TRUINE or THREE !

Question for you , Is there a GREEK word for RAPTURE ?

Is there a Greek word for CHURCH ?

Is there s Greek word for PURGATORY ?

Just asking ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What were the letters engraved in stone?

2Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death having been engraved in letters in stone was with glory, so as that the sons of Israel could not gaze into "the face of Moses" because of the glory of his face, which was to cease,

Exod 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deut 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deut 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Is it impossible that one can be a minister of the new covenant, without actually being under it?

In your country, were all your ministers of education ever teachers?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it impossible that one can be a minister of the new covenant, without actually being under it?
Being not without law to God, but under the law of Christ, that I might gain them that are without law. 1 Cor 9:21
So that in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. (1 Peter 4:10)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance; Heb 9:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being not without law to God, but under the law of Christ, that I might gain them that are without law. 1 Cor 9:21
So that in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. (1 Peter 4:10)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance; Heb 9:15

So is your answer yes or no?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In your country, were all your ministers of education ever teachers?
What were the letters engraved in stone Guojing? BTW Is this a hero of yours, you or just a coincidence? Link

Since we have established that the letters engraved in stone are the Ten and are the Covenant. Then the covenant mentioned in verse 6 is the New covenant by the Spirit putting the laws in the hearts and minds since that is the context. A new heart and mind guided by and through the Spirit makes our religion that of faith and not of necessity. We do now because of who we are in Christ not because we have to.

We now are the ministers. Showing all through Christ by the Spirit the change in us. And thereby ministering the spirit to others. Us in Him,He in us that the world might believe.
2Cor 3:6 who also made us able ministers of a new covenant, not of letter, but of Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0