Quebec
✟13,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Arrogance is based on self confidence, whereas the gospel Paul preached is based on faith, redemption through Christ.
I told them how the Messiah would suffer and be the first to be raised from death, and bring light to his own people [Jews] and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:23
For God has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:31

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord [of all] 2 Cor 4:3-5
do not forget paul has no witnesses contrary to Jesus, witnesses are necessary to establish the truth as it is written;
(KJV)
Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jhn 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Jhn 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

Jhn 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

Jhn 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Jhn 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

Jhn 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Jhn 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jhn 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Jhn 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Jhn 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Jhn 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Jhn 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Jhn 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Jhn 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, evenMoses, in whom ye trust.

Jhn 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Jhn 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do not forget paul has no witnesses contrary to Jesus, witnesses are necessary to establish the truth as it is written;
The Jews if willing can testify that I was a religious realot. But now I stand and am judged on basis of the promise made by God to our fathers. ... Why should it be thought incredible by you that God raises the dead?

Indeed I used to think that I had to do many things contrary to Jesus of Nazareth and His followers...Acts 26:4-10

But when God, Who chose and set me apart by His grace revealed His Son; Galatians 1:14-16

[The one who practices sin [who is separated from God, in rebellion, sons of disobedience] is not of God.​
The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:7-9]​

I now send you to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:17-18

I was unknown to the churches of Christ. But now they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” Gal 1:22-23

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son; Rom 1:9
Be careful, paul preached lawlessness, this is contrary to what Jesus preached, do not be fooled.
Again, Paul preached that we are reconciled to God by faith in Christ.
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, Gal 2:16
the only one to follow is Jesus he is the way to eternal life.
Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and set us apart as His own people...Titus 2:14
Paul had his own gospel, he said so himself. I just point people to the truth.
You can consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God and it is expected that stewards are found faithful...
Therefore judge nothing before the time; 1 Corinthians 4:1-5

Don't hold grudges against fellow believers, so that you will not be judged. For the Judge is standing right at the door. James 5:9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(KJV)
Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jhn 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Jhn 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

Jhn 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

Jhn 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Jhn 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

Jhn 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Jhn 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jhn 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Jhn 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Jhn 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Jhn 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Jhn 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Jhn 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Jhn 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, evenMoses, in whom ye trust.

Jhn 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Jhn 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
I will say that Acts 9:5-7 is the same as Acts 26:16 and proves that Saul // Paul does have a TRUE WITNESS in Acts 26:16 !!

Rise up and stand up on your feet , for I appeared to you for this purpose to APPOINT you an ASSISTANT and a WITNESS both of what things you have heard and WHAT things I WILL APPEAR TO YOU .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will say that Acts 9:5-7 is the same as Acts 26:16 and proves that Saul // Paul does have a TRUE WITNESS in Acts 26:16 !!

Rise up and stand up on your feet , for I appeared to you for this purpose to APPOINT you an ASSISTANT and a WITNESS both of what things you have heard and WHAT things I WILL APPEAR TO YOU .
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—to teach the truth of God's plan of salvation to the Gentiles 1 Tim 2:3-7 So that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith; Rom 16:26 Sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—to teach the truth of God's plan of salvation to the Gentiles 1 Tim 2:3-7 So that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith; Rom 16:26 Sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16
Can you comment on Acts 26:16 ??

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you comment on Acts 26:16 ??
You know that he appeared to take away our sins. 1 John 3:5
For this reason the Son of God appeared to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8

So I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen—that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring light to his own people and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:22-23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know that he appeared to take away our sins. 1 John 3:5
For this reason the Son of God appeared to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8

So I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen—that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring light to his own people and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:22-23
I do not understand your reasoning , ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Always be prepared to give an answer. But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. (1 Peter 3:15)
Do all have to acknowledge as Lord to be saved ?

Do you have a verse that explains we have to call him Lord to be saved ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All are following some doctrine , like those who teach the OLD COVENANT

or teach the NEW COVENANT

OR who follow DISPENSATIONALISM some say is a lately to come on the scene , of course I say it has been around some 2000 years

Here is WHY I follow Paul .

#1 1 Cor 10:1 says this !!

#2 BE // GINNMAI is a verb in the PRESENT TENSE and this tense all believers saved by Grace should be doing and is in the IMPERATIVE MOOD

and that MOOD is a COMMAND to follow Paul and in the PLURAL , means that all to follow Paul .

# 3 YE FOLLWERS // MINETES means to be Imitators is in the Nominative Case is the subject , and is in the PLURAL all to follow Paul .

# 4 OF ME // MOU , is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN in the GENTIVE CASE and in the SIGNULAR , means everyone

#5 EVEN AS // KATHOS is a adverb

# 6 I ALSO // KAGO is a PERSONNAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , in the NO INARIVE CASE , in the SINGULR .

# 7 OF CHRIST // CHRISTOS , an noun in the GENITIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR .

#1 This why gospel is so important to GRACE believers , is Rewards , 1 Cor 3:14

#2 ONCE SAVED AWAYS SAVED , Gal 3:28

# 3 Saved by Grace and not by WORKS Eph 3:28

#4 And when we are taken and resurrected Grace believers will Govern Gods UNIVERE and GOVERN Gods Angels , 1 Cor 6:2 and 3

And believe it is just the beginning .

dan p
It was Paul who wrote Galatians 5:4.

”You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Apparently these people have lost their salvation, they are not currently saved at this point, they can become saved again if they repent and turn back to faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was Paul who wrote Galatians 5:4.

”You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Apparently these people have lost their salvation, they are not currently saved at this point, they can become saved again if they repent and turn back to faith in Christ.
And they have not lost their salvation because it reads Rom 5:4 begins with , You were RENDERED INACTIVE // KATARGEO and that also means also that person will lose REWARDS at the BEMA SEAT , which is the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST , reads 1 Cor 3:10-16 , and it is bad news to keep the La of Moses !!

OSAS as we are always in Christ , 1 Cor 12:13-27

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And they have not lost their salvation because it reads Rom 5:4 begins with , You were RENDERED INACTIVE // KATARGEO and that also means also that person will lose REWARDS at the BEMA SEAT , which is the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST , reads 1 Cor 3:10-16 , and it is bad news to keep the La of Moses !!

OSAS as we are always in Christ , 1 Cor 12:13-27

dan p

Severed
katargeō
G2673

1. to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
a. to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
b. to deprive of force, influence, power
2. to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
a. to cease, to pass away, be done away
b. to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one
c.
to terminate all intercourse with one

You say were saved by grace Paul said they have fallen from grace as well. So you can’t sit there and say they’re not severed from Christ because they’re saved by grace when Paul specifically said YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE! So your saved by grace excuse doesn’t work here. Yeah we are saved by grace but ONLY IF WE ABIDE IN CHRIST.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Severed katargeō G2673 1. to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
a. to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
b. to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one
You say were saved by grace Paul said they have fallen from grace as well. So you can’t sit there and say they’re not severed from Christ because they’re saved by grace when Paul specifically said YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE!
You got to know your audience. No one is suggesting that religious zealots seeking to establish their own righteousness, Rom 10:3-4
have not been separated from Christ.
So your saved by grace excuse doesn’t work here.
Again, do you think that we excuse ourselves to you? We are speaking as people who belong to Christ, who are reconciled to God through Christ. 2 Cor 12:19
Yeah we are saved by grace but ONLY IF WE ABIDE IN CHRIST.
Having been justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3:24

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The believers that are alive in Christ as opposed to the deceivers dead in trespasses.
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. 2 Cor 6:14-16
Another CONCULSION with NO CONTEXT !!
Having been justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3:24
We were transferred into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption...Col 1:12-15
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe,...2 Cor 4:3-4

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You got to know your audience. No one is suggesting that religious zealots seeking to establish their own righteousness, Rom 10:3-4
have not been separated from Christ.
Yes you do need to know your audience.

Throughout the entire letter Paul only refers to the believers as YOU. He refers to those who caused them to stumble as THEY or THEM.

”I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Right here Paul says that these believers YOU received the Holy Spirit.

”You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Here again YOU he is speaking to the fallen believers

”Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭2‬-‭8‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Now notice Paul references to the people who caused them to stumble as THOSE and THEMSELVES.

”I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

And again THOSE and THEY

”Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ. For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The letter is clear that Paul was writing to saved believers who had received the Holy Spirit who had lost their faith and their salvation.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you do need to know your audience.
Throughout the entire letter Paul only refers to the believers as YOU. He refers to those who caused them to stumble as THEY or THEM. ”I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; ...‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
Believers like me, don't preach another gospel.
When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. Acts 11:23
Right here Paul says that these believers YOU received the Holy Spirit.
And now I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified [by the Holy Spirit]. Acts 20:32
Here again YOU he is speaking to the fallen believers
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
You're beginning to catch on...those justitified by faith in Christ are approved.

Spiritual Fullness in Christ
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him. Col 2:6
Now notice Paul references to the people who caused them to stumble as THOSE and THEMSELVES.
”I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.“‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
And again THOSE and THEY
”Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ. For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves,...Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
The ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other; Acts 4:11-12
The letter is clear that Paul was writing to saved believers who had received the Holy Spirit who had lost their faith and their salvation.
It's clear that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ.
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” 1 Peter 2:4-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0