Akron
✟75,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
BECAUSE I have not received MY NEW BODY ?
John Wesley believed our old body was resurrected. Even the body is cremated and thrown in the ocean God will bring it back together again. Rev 20:13 "The sea gave up the dead people who were in it, and death and its kingdom also gave up their dead."

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And here is what Gal 5:4 means !!
#1...7 Christ // Christ , Is BECOME OF NO EFFECT UNTO YOU...
Like we actually needed any of this to understand the meaning of the passage. If Christ has become of no effect and they have fallen from grace then they do not have atonement for their sins.
That is the gist of it. As is the habit of some...Heb 10:25
The word did not profit them, since they were not united with those who believed. Heb 4:2

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Heb 1:3, Hebrews 10:12-17

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is the gist of it. As is the habit of some...Heb 10:25
The word did not profit them, since they were not united with those who believed. Heb 4:2

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Heb 1:3, Hebrews 10:12-17
They received the Holy Spirit. I don’t know how many times I have to stress this fact. Do unsaved people receive the Holy Spirit? Do unbelievers receive the Holy Spirit? Paul even wrote “you were running so well, who hindered you from obeying the truth?” You’re comparing the Galatians who were running so well and had received the Holy Spirit with Hebrews 4:2 which is about people who didn’t believe the gospel when they heard it. People who don’t believe the gospel don’t receive the Holy Spirit. I don’t understand how you can’t figure this out on your own. It’s like you just throw some verses out and don’t think about how they apply to the situation.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They received the Holy Spirit. I don’t know how many times I have to stress this fact. Do unsaved people receive the Holy Spirit? Do unbelievers receive the Holy Spirit? Paul even wrote “you were running so well, who hindered you from obeying the truth?”
The truth is that salvation is found in Christ. He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him. Heb 5:9
So neither foolish Galatians nor any other religious zealot hindered believers from obeying the truth.
You’re comparing the Galatians who were running so well and had received the Holy Spirit with Hebrews 4:2 which is about people who didn’t believe the gospel when they heard it.
Some might conclude that if Galatians had the testimony of the Spirit they would have believed that Jesus is the mediator of the NC
(The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this Heb 10:14-17) and not go back to a justification of their own through the works of the law.
People who don’t believe the gospel don’t receive the Holy Spirit.
Well said. Having believed in Christ you received the Holy Spirit. Eph 1:13
I don’t understand how you can’t figure this out on your own.
The Spirit Himself testifies, confirms that we believers are children of God. Rom 8:16
It’s like you just throw some verses out and don’t think about how they apply to the situation.
At some point you will realize that we're no longer in the same situation. What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 2 Cor 6:14-16 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Peter 2:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was specifically chosen by God for a specific task, his experience is unlike anything anyone else has encountered. So we can’t apply his situation to everyone. Paul was an unbeliever who was arresting and killing Christians. It is likely that he participated in the death of Stephen according to Acts 7. A very strong argument can be made that Paul was actually forced to believe in Christ due to the nature of the events that led to his conversion. So I’m not sure why you think his conversion has anything to do with eternal security since he was not a believer in Christ before Damascus.
Why then 1 Tim 1:1 the Holy Spirit wrote thru Paul

But for this reason was I given mercy in order that in ME First Christ Jesus might show forth all long suffering for A PATTERN of the ones coming to believe on Him unto EVERLASTING LIFE ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why then 1 Tim 1:1 the Holy Spirit wrote thru Paul

But for this reason was I given mercy in order that in ME First Christ Jesus might show forth all long suffering for A PATTERN of the ones coming to believe on Him unto EVERLASTING LIFE ?

dan p
Ok look we can settle all this distraction with three simple questions.

1 do unbelievers receive the Holy Spirit?

2 According to Galatians 3:1-2 did the Galatians receive the Holy Spirit

According to Galatians 5:4 are the Galatians still saved?

Ok another question which is off topic is Why is this stupid server not recondite verses I’m quoting?!!

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is the Spirit who gives life... But there are some of you who do not believe. John 6:62-65
After that time many turned back and were longer walking with Him. John 6:66

But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Heb 10:37-39

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is the Spirit who gives life... But there are some of you who do not believe. John 6:62-65
After that time many turned back and were longer walking with Him. John 6:66

But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Heb 10:37-39
Ok you refused to answer the questions. Why?

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok you refused to answer the questions. Why?
Yet for us, there is One God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;
and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
But some are completely ignorant of this. 1 Cor 8:6-7

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet for us, there is One God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;
and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
Well if your going to avoid the questions it just shown that your not willing to accept what the scriptures actually say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one seems to understand how the old covenant applies to us today. David tells us we do what is good and right for our own sake and for our own benifit. Because God loves us, He wants what is best for us.

Only Jesus adds to what Moses tells us. So we really only need to read Moses and the red letters of the NT. The rest of the Bible just helps us to understand the teaching of Moses and Jesus.
And this is what I believe and is the mission statement that HOLDS DISPENSATIONALIST together , Eph 3:9 To make all men see what is the Fellowship OF THE MYSTERY and Rom 16:25 and 26 .

That is what drives to be ENERGETIC !!

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, sought to establish a righteousness of their own, Rom 10:3-4

Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. 1 Cor 15:34
Well if your going to avoid the questions it just shown that your not willing to accept what the scriptures actually say.
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. John 6:47-48
He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him. Heb 5:9

What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 2 Cor 6:14-16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 According to Galatians 3:1-2 did the Galatians receive the Holy Spirit

According to Galatians 5:4 are the Galatians still saved?

Ok another question which is off topic is Why is this stupid server not recondite verses I’m quoting?!!
Why not reply to 1 Tim 1:16 and then BE glad to reply when you do ??

Read Gal 1:4 and check out the Greek word , DELIVER // EXAIREO and translated RECUSE // EXAIREO is talking about the SO-CALLED RAPTURE , but there is No Greek for RAPTURE .

DELIVER or RESCUE is in the SUBJUNCAIVE MOOD and that means that Christ can COME at anytime .

I am also having trouble with the letter W on my computer !!

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0