Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believers like me, don't preach another gospel.
When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. Acts 11:23

And now I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified [by the Holy Spirit]. Acts 20:32

You're beginning to catch on...those justitified by faith in Christ are approved.

Spiritual Fullness in Christ
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him. Col 2:6

The ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other; Acts 4:11-12

It's clear that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ.
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” 1 Peter 2:4-6
I’ve never said that we aren’t saved by grace. The whole point of my conversation since the very beginning is that a believer can lose their salvation. I’ve never once argued against salvation by grace thru faith.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve never said that we aren’t saved by grace. The whole point of my conversation since the very beginning is that a believer can lose their salvation. I’ve never once argued against salvation by grace thru faith.
If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life. These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you,...and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:24-27

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, remain in Him, Col 2:6

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life. These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you,...and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:24-27

Yes these are both conditional passages.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes these are both conditional passages.
The condition was based on receiving the Spirit by faith in order to remain in the faith.
For if they had belonged to Christ, they would have remained in Christ.
Stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together for the faith of the Gospel,
Contending for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All are following some doctrine , like those who teach the OLD COVENANT

or teach the NEW COVENANT
No one seems to understand how the old covenant applies to us today. David tells us we do what is good and right for our own sake and for our own benifit. Because God loves us, He wants what is best for us.

Only Jesus adds to what Moses tells us. So we really only need to read Moses and the red letters of the NT. The rest of the Bible just helps us to understand the teaching of Moses and Jesus.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The condition was based on receiving the Spirit by faith in order to remain in the faith.
For if they had belonged to Christ, they would have remained in Christ.
Stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together for the faith of the Gospel,
Contending for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.
That’s not what John wrote in 1 John 2:19. You’re extrapolating the message into saying more than what it actually says. John wasn’t writing to the Galatians and he didn’t write that statement in the context pertaining to all who fall away. That statement was written about a specific group of people who were antichrists. The reason you don’t understand the verses I’ve been posting is because you’re allowing your doctrines to dictate what the Bible teaches. I’m sure you come across a lot of verses where you have to say to yourself, this can’t actually mean what it appears to be saying because that would mean that they could lose their salvation. I did the same thing until I began to read the early church writings from the first two centuries to see what they actually believed. Nobody taught eternal security until the 16th century. All of the apostolic churches since the very beginning taught that people can lose their salvation. If you really want to know what the authors of the New Testament taught and how they interpreted the scriptures you should read the writings of their followers. They have a lot more knowledge than people who weren’t even born for another 1500 years.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you say that a believer can lose salvation , and will you provide a verse , PLEASE and verse as to how Paul was saved ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And you say that a believer can lose salvation , and will you provide a verse , PLEASE and verse as to how Paul was saved ?

dan p
Paul was specifically chosen by God for a specific task, his experience is unlike anything anyone else has encountered. So we can’t apply his situation to everyone. Paul was an unbeliever who was arresting and killing Christians. It is likely that he participated in the death of Stephen according to Acts 7. A very strong argument can be made that Paul was actually forced to believe in Christ due to the nature of the events that led to his conversion. So I’m not sure why you think his conversion has anything to do with eternal security since he was not a believer in Christ before Damascus.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

dan p
Sure, you want a verse proving that salvation can be lost, how about James 5:19-20?

”My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.“
‭‭James‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, you want a verse proving that salvation can be lost, how about James 5:19-20?

”My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.“
‭‭James‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
And how do you CONVERT a person ?

How was Peter saved ??

CONTEXT is before CONCULSION >

James 1:1 says the the CONTEXT is TO all the 12 TRIBES SCATTERED ABROAD .
and no GENTILES here !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, you want a verse proving that salvation can be lost,...
Since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the wicked and fall away from solid ground; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18
Jesus commands my destiny No power of hell no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And how do you CONVERT a person ?

How was Peter saved ??

CONTEXT is before CONCULSION >

James 1:1 says the the CONTEXT is TO all the 12 TRIBES SCATTERED ABROAD .
and no GENTILES here !!

dan p
So what? Who cares if it was written to Jews or Gentiles, or the Loch Ness Monster? Both Jews and Gentiles are saved the exact same way. Do you think Jews are saved by practicing Judaism? Do you think they have different rules to follow? All of the apostles were Jews, do you think Gentiles are the only ones saved by grace?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the wicked and fall away from solid ground; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18
Jesus commands my destiny No power of hell no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand
If Jesus commands our destiny we wouldn't sin.

”And He began telling this parable: “A man had a fig tree which had been planted in his vineyard; and he came looking for fruit on it and did not find any. And he said to the vineyard-keeper, ‘Behold, for three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree without finding any. Cut it down! Why does it even use up the ground?’ And he answered and said to him, ‘Let it alone, sir, for this year too, until I dig around it and put in fertilizer; and if it bears fruit next year, fine; but if not, cut it down.’ ”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13‬:‭6‬-‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Notice that despite Jesus’ efforts to save the tree the outcome is still uncertain. Jesus does not command our destiny, He urges us to comply. And your reference to John 10:29 only refers to a third party not being able to snatch us from The Father’s hand. It doesn’t mean that we can’t flee from His hand or that He won’t cast us away. John 15:2 specifically tells us that The Father cuts off every branch in Christ that doesn’t bear fruit.

”“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.“
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, how does this idea fit with Galatians 5:4? Does it contradict Galatians 5:4 or does it actually coincide with Galatians 5:4?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, how does this idea fit with Galatians 5:4? Does it contradict Galatians 5:4 or does it actually coincide with Galatians 5:4?
And here is what Gal 5:4 means !!

# 1 Christ // Christ , is in the Genitive Case and in the Singular .

#2 Is BECOME OF NO EFFECT UNTO YOU // KATAGEO , is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , in the PASSIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD in the SIGULAR

# 3 WHO SO EVER OF YOU // OSTIS , is a RELATIVE PRONOUN , in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

# 4 ARE JUSTIFIED // DIKAIOO , in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means you better believe it , in the PLURAL .

# 5 BY THE LAW // NOMOS , in the DATIVE CASE , in the SIGNULAR , in other words , one at a time .

#6 YE ARE // FALLEN FROM // EKPIPTO , in the AORIST TENSE , in the ACTIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD , in the PLURAL .

# 7 GRACE // CHARIS , in the GENITIVE CASE , in the SLINGULAR .

No one can be LOST if that person is SAVED by Grace , because , if saved by Grace you become PART OF Christ

and become His EYES , FEET , SENSE OF SMELL , HIS BODY , EAR , in 1 Cor 12:15-17 !!

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does not command our destiny, ...
You might have a grand delusion of being the master of your own domain, but outside of Christ, you will die in the domain of sin. (John 8:24)
And your reference to John 10:29... doesn’t mean that we can’t flee from His hand or that He won’t cast us away. John 15:2 specifically tells us that The Father cuts off every branch in Christ that doesn’t bear fruit.
To each his own, but fleeing from Him is counterproductive to bearing fruit in His kingdom.
If Jesus commands our destiny we wouldn't sin.
Whoever abides in Him does not sin, but anyone who persists in sin [in rebellion] has not seen and does not know Him. 1 John 3:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And here is what Gal 5:4 means !!

# 1 Christ // Christ , is in the Genitive Case and in the Singular .

#2 Is BECOME OF NO EFFECT UNTO YOU // KATAGEO , is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , in the PASSIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD in the SIGULAR

# 3 WHO SO EVER OF YOU // OSTIS , is a RELATIVE PRONOUN , in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL

# 4 ARE JUSTIFIED // DIKAIOO , in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means you better believe it , in the PLURAL .

# 5 BY THE LAW // NOMOS , in the DATIVE CASE , in the SIGNULAR , in other words , one at a time .

#6 YE ARE // FALLEN FROM // EKPIPTO , in the AORIST TENSE , in the ACTIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD , in the PLURAL .

# 7 GRACE // CHARIS , in the GENITIVE CASE , in the SLINGULAR .

No one can be LOST if that person is SAVED by Grace , because , if saved by Grace you become PART OF Christ

and become His EYES , FEET , SENSE OF SMELL , HIS BODY , EAR , in 1 Cor 12:15-17 !!

dan p

dan p
Like we actually needed any of this to understand the meaning of the passage. If Christ has become of no effect and they have fallen from grace then they do not have atonement for their sins.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I follow God..
I was seeking to find God for a long time. He lead me to Jesus, Jesus lead me to the Holy Sprit. The Holy Spirit showed me Jesus and Jesus shows us God the Father. It is sort of a package deal, three in one. Jesus is the door or the gate we enter in through Him.

Since the 16th century, fulfilling Ezekiel's prophecy, the eastern gate of Jerusalem has stayed closed and will remain shut until the Messianic Prince's prophesied Second Coming.

1713965747321.png

Upvote 0