Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life. 1 John 5:12
I do not know how and when the OP changed or was it by YOUR BATTOLOGY stumped me ?

Where has the OP gone ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We proclaim Christ with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Why not help us all out on Pro 19:1 , Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity , than he that HE that is PREVERSE in his LIPS , and is a FOOL .
What say you ??

danp

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not help us all out on Pro 19:1 , Better is n the poor that walketh in his n integrity , than he that HE that is PREVERSE in his LIPS , and is a FOOL . What say you ??
I will have no part in it in what faithless people do;
The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
The faithful will dwell with me; Ps 101:3-6

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will have no part in it in what faithless people do;
The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
The faithful will dwell with me; Ps 101:3-6
And just as Pro 27:15 says , A continual dropping in a very RAINY day and a CONTENTIOUS Woman are alike .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And just as Pro 27:15 says , A continual dropping in a very RAINY day and a CONTENTIOUS Woman are alike .
Whoever is wise will carefully consider the Lord’s faithfulness. Ps 107:43

But I have trusted in Your faithfulness; My heart rejoices in Your salvation. Ps 13:5

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoever is wise will carefully consider the Lord’s faithfulness. Ps 107:43

But I have trusted in Your faithfulness; My heart rejoices in Your salvation. Ps 13:5
I just love Pro 18:19 , A brother offended is harder to be WON than a strong CITY and their BARS of a CASTLE !!

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just love Pro 18:19, A brother offended is harder to be WON than a strong CITY and their BARS of a CASTLE !!
Sound judgment wins favor, But the way of the unfaithful is like hard barren, dry soil. Prov 13:15

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea of "leaving" these elementary doctrines does not mean forsaking them and, indeed, not rejecting them. The idea is they will graduate from them, like leaving elementary school and advancing to higher schools. Another author says we are to be "carried upon" the elementary teaching to higher levels. Still, another states the high teachings are going to be built upon or even built from the fundamental elements of the elementary teachings.
peace

The writer is speaking in the form of a lecture. To leave behind means "for the sake of discussion we are going to leave behind...". It's no different than a history teacher saying, "For now we are going to leave behind the Revolutionary War and go on to the War of 1812". Notice the writer also says, "if God permits". It's an expression. Just like some people say, "Good Lord willing I'm going to..."

Now, it in no way implies that anyone is to literally forget or forsake the idea of baptism or anything else.
And was WATER BAPTISM given to Gentiles ?

Or was it given to the Greeks ?

Or was WATER BAPTISM first given to GENTILES >

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism was given to everyone.
But John 1:31 says DIFFERTLY !!

It reads , John wrote , And I knew him NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE PRONOUN , means that he , John never knew Jesus , but that He should be MANIFEST to ISRAEL , therefore am I came BAPTIZING with WATER .

#1 And where are the GENTILES mentioned in John 1:31 ?

# 2 And in Eze 36 Christ is going to SPRINKLE Israel with clean WATER , is that water baptism ??

# 3 And in Rom 6:3 reads , Or are IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED INTO Christ were BAPTIZED into His DEATH ?

#4 So how are you BAPTIZED INTO His DEATH ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
But John 1:31 says DIFFRENT !!

It reads , John wrote , And I knew him NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE PRONOUN , means that he , John never knew Jesus , but that He should be MANIFEST to ISRAEL , therefore am I came BAPTIZING with WATER .

#1 And where are the GENTILES mentioned in John 1:31 ?

# 2 And in Eze 36 Christ is going to SPRINKLE Israel with clean WATER , is that water baptism ??

# 3 And in Rom 6:3 reads , Or are IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED INTO Christ were BAPTIZED into His DEATH ?

#4 So how are you BAPTIZED INTO His DEATH ?

dan p

Well, let's examine this. It is well accepted that Jesus was sent to Israel. He should have become their king messiah. Therefore he was manifested to Israel first. But Israel rejected and crucified him. The gospel was then preached to the gentiles who accepted it. The very first Christians were in fact Jews. But the Church spread further and further until it became nearly all gentile.

To sprinkle with water in the old testament is to make something ritually clean. Jesus would have made Israel clean but they rejected him. Then, to be immersed in water and brought back up is symbolic of Christ's death and resurrection, so we are baptized into his death.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, let's examine this. It is well accepted that Jesus was sent to Israel. He should have become their king messiah. Therefore he was manifested to Israel first. But Israel rejected and crucified him. The gospel was then preached to the gentiles who accepted it. The very first Christians were in fact Jews. But the Church spread further and further until it became nearly all gentile.

To sprinkle with water in the old testament is to make something ritually clean. Jesus would have made Israel clean but they rejected him. Then, to be immersed in water and brought back up is symbolic of Christ's death and resurrection, so we are baptized into his death.
# 1 Are you saying that being IMMERSED in water is just is SYMOBOLIC of Christ's death and resurrection ?

#2 How can anyone be BAPTIZED INTO Christ and be BAPTIZED into his DEATH , since you believe in WATER BAPTIZM ??

# 3 Is that why Christ was BAPTIZED , just SYMOBLIC ??

# 4 Just were have you seen the Greek word for IMMERSION , with a VERSE ??

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
# 1 Are you saying that being IMMERSED in water is just is SYMOBOLIC of Christ's death and resurrection ?

#2 How can anyone be BAPTIZED INTO Christ and be BAPTIZED into his DEATH , since you believe in WATER BAPTIZM ??

# 3 Is that why Christ was BAPTIZED , just SYMOBLIC ??

# 4 Just were have you seen the Greek word for IMMERSION , with a VERSE ??

dan p

Baptism in water is symbolic of Christ's death and resurrection. But it is through water baptism that we receive forgiveness of our previous sins. To be baptized is to be baptized into his death and resurrection, or put another way, to be baptized into him.

But to your question number 3, Jesus answered it when he said, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness", see Matt 3:15. John protested the idea of baptizing Jesus but Jesus replied, more or less, "It is a technicality, but let us do it anyway".

And whenever I have a question about a Greek word I speak with a Greek priest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
# 1 And who are the NATIONS // ETHNOS that they are to teach ?

# 2 And just when did the ELEVEN DISCIPLES go to all NATIONS // ETHNOS ??

# 3 They never did , BUT they went to Israel , the NATION // ETHNOS in Acts 2:36-39 !!

# 4 Look at John 11:48 , 50 and 51 and use the Greek NATION // ETHNOS

# 5 ETHNOS , does translated by , PEOPLE , HEATHEN !!

# 6 I say that the nation that the ELEVEN disciples are to reach the 12 TRIBES that are scattered abroad as JAMES 1:1

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
# 1 And who are the NATIONS // ETHNOS that they are to teach ?

# 2 And just when did the ELEVEN DISCIPLES go to all NATIONS // ETHNOS ??

# 3 They never did , BUT they went to Israel , the NATION // ETHNOS in Acts 2:36-39 !!

# 4 Look at John 11:48 , 50 and 51 and use the Greek NATION // ETHNOS

# 5 ETHNOS , does translated by , PEOPLE , HEATHEN !!

# 6 I say that the nation that the ELEVEN disciples are to reach the 12 TRIBES that are scattered abroad as JAMES 1:1

dan p
All nations. That's what ended up happening. They went out "into all the world" making disciples "of all nations". Peter and Paul ended up in Rome. Mark went to Egypt. Thomas went to India. None of tis is new. You have this habit of parsing words to make them say something they do not. There are no secrets in the new testament.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if our obsession with Greek is misplaced.
Did Jesus speak Greek in the sermon on the mount and in His daily teaching? I kind of doubt it. Most likely, it was Aramaic and Hebrew.

Upvote 0