IS 2 COR 3:6 SPEAKING ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law did not get set aside. Jesus said: "I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished" Matthew 5:18

We can be good under the law and we benefit from being good. God loves us and God wants what is best for us. But to be RIGHT or righteous then you need faith in addition to being good. Paul quotes David in the book of Romans.

In the Bible we find allegory's, metaphors, Archtypes, Homileties, smybolism, paradigms, parables and so on. So we have to look at what the law represents to apply it to our lives.

Psalm 51 17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."

1 Samuel 15:22
But Samuel declared: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obedience to His voice? Behold, obedience is better than sacrifice, and attentiveness is better than the fat of rams.

I have recently been in the hospital three times for 8 days each time. I am glad you think we can get away with sin but I can assure you there is a time when you will pay a price for your sin and it simply is not worth it.

We are set free from sin. WE are not set free from the consequences of sin.
And Isa 6:9-11 and is also written in Acts 28;26-28 and also 2 Cor 3:2-15 as Moses was placing a COVERING open his face .

And verse 15 says that until this DAY , when Moses is being read , at the reading of the OLD COVENANT , the same covering REMAINS , not being UNCOVERED which is being ABOLISHED by Christ .

dan p

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All of Gods commandments are meant for our good. They are for our protection.
Yes, exactly, that is the point I was trying to make. I learned that from David in Psalms.

God's way is not the same as man's way.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Rev 13:8 happens WHEN ??
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5:19

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, exactly, that is the point I was trying to make. I learned that from David in Psalms.

God's way is not the same as man's way.
And you will not reply to POST # 81 ?

What do you not agree with Isa 6:9-11 ?

Or disagree with Acts 28:26-28 ?

Or disagree with 2 Cor 3:13-15 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you will not reply to POST # 81 ?
What do you not agree with Isa 6:9-11 ?
Or disagree with Acts 28:26-28 ?
Or disagree with 2 Cor 3:13-15 ?
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:3-4

Upvote 0