midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4:3-4
And a good quote by Paul , good reply as to what is happening today , by the Evil one !!
For not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and shield you from the evil one. 2 Thess 3:2-3

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
and never say how they were saved under that N C .
We are good under the law and there are clear benefits in that for us. Under Grace and the Blood of Jesus we are Just or Justified before God. We are to be Holy and set apart from the world.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are good under the law and there are clear benefits in that for us. Under Grace and the Blood of Jesus we are Just or Justified before God. We are to be Holy and set apart from the world.
And we are NOT talking about the LAW , but how is anyone SAVED under the NEW COVENANT , that is the question ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And we are NOT talking about the LAW , but how is anyone SAVED under the NEW COVENANT , that is the question ??
Under the New Covenant, salvation is offered as a free gift. Our responsibility is to exercise faith in Christ,

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were save by one word called AONEMENT < period !!
In mercy and truth Atonement is provided; Prov 16:6
As for our transgressions, You will provide atonement; Ps 65:3
Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people; For He will provide atonement for His land and His people. Deut 32:43

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you call your self a DISPENSATIONALIST ,then you agree that the OLD COVENANT has past away per 2 Cor 3:13-15 and what Luke 13:34 says , and Isa 1:18 has written ?

And that we are saved by Grace , as in Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9-10 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Just one more time , the OLD COVENANT has past AWAY /
I really do not know what the old or the new covenant is. Other than the "old" covenant was with Abraham and his seed and the "new" convent is with the Church. We are adopted into the family of God so we can inherit the blessing that God promised to Abraham. The only covenant I know of is all the promises of God require something from us. IF we do our part God will do His. Or as my wife says do our best and God will do the rest.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really do not know what the old or the new covenant is. Other than the "old" covenant was with Abraham and his seed and the "new" convent is with the Church. We are adopted into the family of God so we can inherit the blessing that God promised to Abraham. The only covenant I know of is all the promises of God require something from us. IF we do our part God will do His. Or as my wife says do our best and God will do the rest.
The OLD COVENANT was set aside , when they KILLED their Messiah in Acts 2:36-37 and in Acts 28:25-27 ARE just 2 verses and there are more !!

By the way you call your self a OIKINOMIA // DISPENSATIONALIST , and may I ask you , just what do you say what a biblical definition of a DISPENSATIONAL means ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
just what do you say what a biblical definition of a DISPENSATIONAL means ??
very very simple. A day is 1,000 years. So the age or era we live in began 13,000 years ago. Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. Then there is the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
  • Dispensationalists believe that God’s plan for humanity unfolds through various ages, each marked by specific governing relationships and responsibilities.
  • These dispensations include periods like Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, the Law, the Church, and the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟761,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The commandments of the Lord are our faithful commitment to salvation by grace through faith. We are to keep the same basic commandments of daily life from covenant to covenant but with a new understanding.

The 10 Commandments are still worthy but the precise basic commandments are illustrated in the encounter of the Lord with the rich young man ( Matthew 19:16-31). The Lord tells these commandments in verses 16 to 19 but at this point, the Lord had obviously not died for our sins.

St. Paul gives us the same basic commandments in Romans 13:8-10 but now we know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The rich young man, nor most anyone else, could not have known Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

I believe reading Colossians 1:10-23 alongside Ephesians 2:8-10 is a helpful shortcut in how we understand and live out our salvation by grace, through faith, lived out for good works.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
very very simple. A day is 1,000 years. So the age or era we live in began 13,000 years ago. Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. Then there is the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
  • Dispensationalists believe that God’s plan for humanity unfolds through various ages, each marked by specific governing relationships and responsibilities.
  • These dispensations include periods like Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, the Law, the Church, and the Millennium.
And this is what OIKONOMIA // DISPENASTION means :

OIKOS means HOUSE .

NOMOS means LAW .

What are the LAWS ?

Of the HOUSE ?/

# 1 OSAS in Gal 2:38

# 2 COMING back for the B O C , called PAROUSIA in 2 Thess 2:1

# 3 APOSTASIA // DEPARTURE in 2 Thess 2:3

# 4 Called , RESCUE // EXAIREO

# 5 We are in Christ Body

# 6 e will Judge Christ UNIVERSE and Judge ANGELS , Rom 6:2 and 3

Are just some of the BENIFITS .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
very very simple. A day is 1,000 years. ... the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
Behold My Servant My Elect One
I will make you to be a covenant for my people and a light for the Gentiles. Isaiah 42:5-6
From one man he made all the nations, and he marked out their appointed time...[He set the boundaries of the peoples,
according to the number of the heavenly assembly. Deut 32:8, Psalm 106:47]
For he has set a day when he will judge the world in righteousness by the man he has appointed.
He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead. Acts 17:24-31

I will also make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth. [Rev 1:5]
My mercy I will keep for him forever, And My covenant shall stand firm with him. Psalm 89:27-28

God predestined us to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren; Rom 8:29
Giving thanks to God who conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption; Col 1:12-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God predestined us
David tells us in Psalm 139 16 that God writes the book of our life at or before conception. The angles are given to help us become the person God is creating us to be. Revelations 20 12 talks about how the books are opened at the time of judgement.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. Rev

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. psalm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David tells us in Psalm 139 16 that God writes the book of our life at or before conception.
And was David referring to the natural birth or to the unregenerated when he wrote,
May they not come into Your righteousness. May they be blotted out of the book of life [and their lives come to an end]
And may they not be recorded with the righteous (those in right standing with God).
But may Your salvation, O God, set me securely on high. Psalm 69:27-29
The angles are given to help us become the person God is creating us to be.
For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet; Psalm 8:4-6, Psalm 110:1, Heb 1:13
Revelations 20 12 talks about how the books are opened at the time of judgement.
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life.
But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.” Heb 1:6
To the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; Heb 1:8
And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. Rev
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be. psalm
Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged; John 3:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And was David referring to the natural birth or to the unregenerated when he wrote,
May they not come into Your righteousness. May they be blotted out of the book of life [and their lives come to an end]
And may they not be recorded with the righteous (those in right standing with God).
But may Your salvation, O God, set me securely on high. Psalm 69:27-29
David is talking about the book of life. I believe every name is written in the book and people have their name blotted out. We read about this in Revelations3:5 also. "The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life." God asked Job in 38:4 "“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.".

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David is talking about the book of life. I believe every name is written in the book and people have their name blotted out. We read about this in Revelations3:5 also. "The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life."
So what you're saying diamond in the rough is that those who are more than conquerors in Christ will never be blotted out of the book of life.
God asked Job in 38:4 "“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.".
Who stretched a measuring line across it? Who laid its cornerstone— while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy? Job 38:4-7
They will wake up and shout for joy; Isaiah 26:19 For great is the Holy One of Israel among you. Isaiah 17:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So what you're saying diamond in the rough is that those who are more than conquerors in Christ will never be blotted out of the book of life.
I was talking about our garment which is the flesh. So yes we need to conquer ourselves and live for Christ. Live in the Spirit and not the flesh. The church is the bride so we need to remain faithful and true to Him. We can not give into debauchery. God can fight our battles for us if we pray, put it under the blood and give it to Him. When we have oil in our lamp then we have light.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy? Job 38:4-7
Some people believe the children of God are the morning stars because we were made in a star and we are the light of the world. Also this ties in with the flood of the children of God meaning the Godly Children of Adam and Eve. God was not happy when they began to inner marry. Some would say the descendants of Cain. Perhaps this is what Romeo and Juliet was about. Because of where Cain got his wife from.

Upvote 0