Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
16 Do you not discern and understand that you [the whole church at Corinth] are God’s temple (His sanctuary), and that God’s Spirit has His permanent dwelling in you [to be at home in you, [c]collectively as a church and also individually]?

Yes. Paul also stated those words, and others like them. This is why I used the word "Perhaps."

One thing that you might learn about me is that I am not dogmatic. I am not a self-righteous Christian who says things like, "Thus sayeth the Lord" as if I were some know-it-all Prophet.

The facts are that Paul stated clearly that they were controlled by the corrupt sinful nature, and anything that is Spiritually corrupt cannot be considered Spiritually Pure. It is impossible. Therefore, if the Corinthians are to be considered Pure in the eyes of God, then it must also be explained how they can be Pure yet remain under the Spiritual Curse of the Lord. I can't do it, for if Spiritual Circumcision has not taken place, Purity is impossible and a person remains "dead," not having been "made alive."

1 Corinthians 2:9-15 is the "Heart" of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Therefore, if the Corinthians are to be considered Pure in the eyes of God, then it must also be explained how they can be Pure
See in your own words here, the answer.
God does explain / He Reveals also, how they are His people even with the problems you have noted.
The impurity you see in Corinthians chapters, is a million-fold on the internet worse,
yet you are participating yourself in such a place, right ? And still you are/ may be/ pure yourself , right ? Most people are never born again, never pure, as written in Scripture "all have gone astray" and they are not even seeking to do good. So with all who have gone astray, have you gone astray therefore ? God Forbid! Once yes, we all were gone astrary, but thanks be to Jesus Who Himself was once sacrificed for our sin, we may have fellowship one with another and IN Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior TODAY..... although it is with many difficulties and impure ones , even many anti-christs today... our only hope is in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
God does explain / He Reveals also, how they are His people even with the problems you have noted.
The impurity you see in Corinthians chapters, is a million-fold on the internet worse,
yet you are participating yourself in such a place, right? And still you are/ may be/ pure yourself , right ? Most people are never born again, never pure, as written in Scripture "all have gone astray" and they are not even seeking to do good. So with all who have gone astray, have you gone astray therefore? God Forbid! Once yes, we all were gone astray, but thanks be to Jesus Who Himself was once sacrificed for our sin, we may have fellowship one with another and IN Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior TODAY..... although it is with many difficulties and impure ones, even many antichrists today... our only hope is in Jesus.

Gotcha, or at least I THINK I understand what you're talking about. Romans chapter 3 deals with those who follow the Law of Moses in order to obtain Righteousness. Therefore, none under the Law can be considered Righteous because it was a temporary guarding to protect them until Christ came. Romans 3:22 talks about the transition from the Law to Christ, in that Righteousness comes by Faith in Christ alone. Hence, because of this Spiritual Righteousness, Blessed Jews and Gentiles can both obtain this Righteousness.

What I know is that Jesus the Purpose of Jesus is to Redeem His Elect from the Curse of the Lord, the Curse that the Law makes known in how that Curse causes people to disobey.

Galatians 3:13 NLT - "But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

As for me, I didn't "go astray," for I was always "astray" until I Powerfully received the Holy Spirit and Spiritual Circumcision in one remarkable moment while in the Arizona Desert. From that unbelievable day and forward, I have been Transformed Spiritually and continue to Transform to this day through Holy Sanctification. I received the same Promises and Blessings that Abraham, David, Joshua, Caleb, Rahab, and many others received.

Like Moses said, I wish that all people had the Holy Spirit as a Leader and Guide, for when this gift and Promise is given, it becomes undeniable that we are now held captive by God with the express Purpose to not only obey, but spread His unbelievable message. Just as we are compelled to obey, we are also compelled to learn the actual Gospel AND the Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. When a person is released from the Curse, when they are no longer under the "Power of sin," that person is emotionally and Spiritually free . . . they are not the same anymore. Yet, until a person experiences this, it cannot be understood. For, all "christians" say that they are Saved, yet who and how many of all "christians" can testify of a Transformation that renders them powerless to control the outcome of their lives?

Spiritual Circumcision is very much like waking up from a dream. We don't know that we're dreaming until we wake up. This is the problem with most "christians" of today . . . they do not realize that they are asleep anymore that did the Pharisees, Sadducees, and teachers of the Law during the Day of Christ.

Luke 11:35 NLT - "Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness."

Who is "making sure?" If we don't know the Story of God AND the Saving Plan of Christ, a person is incapable to making such a determination.

Have a Blessed day, Dan!

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hello Dan!

Say, what do you think about 2 Samuel 24, where God causes David to conduct a census? Why was this a problem? Furthermore, since it was God who caused David to do such a thing, what do you think it means that David would accept responsibility for it, only to be followed up by God's offering him THREE methods of punishment? Do you think that David is still being punished for committing adultery with Bathsheba and the killing of her husband, Urijah?

Aaron, you are also welcome to join. Well, this is Dan P's thread, so it is up to him to invite you into this multi-topic thread. :D

David

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yet you are participating yourself in such a place, right ? And still you are/ may be/ pure yourself , right ? Most people are never born again, never pure, as written in Scripture "all have gone astray" and they are not even seeking to do good. So with all who have gone astray, have you gone astray therefore ? God Forbid! Once yes, we all were gone astrary, but thanks be to Jesus Who Himself was once sacrificed for our sin, we may have fellowship one with another and IN Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior TODAY..... although it is with many difficulties and impure ones , even many anti-christs today... our only hope is in Jesus.
Just curious as to what verse you wrote , YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN and Never Pure ?

Are those under the OLD COVENANT , Born Again ?

Or , is anyone saved by GRACE , BORN AGAIN ?

Or , can anyone that believes in the NEW COVENANT , have to be BORN AGAIN ?

What are your thoughts ?

Does being BORN AGAIN , mean salvation?

dan p

Upvote 0