Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can read about Paul's entering into new covenant salvation in Acts 9:1-30.
He recounts his experience twice more - Acts 22:6-11; Acts 26:12-18.

Like Paul I too called on the Lord Jesus and I was saved into Christ.
In a word the new covenant is the resurrected and available Christ Himself.
I have failed to see where the New Covenant is seen in Acts 22:6-11 and Paul is sent to the Gentiles . period .

Acts 26:12-18 12-17 is a repeat of Acts 9:5-6 !!

May I have your thoughts as to what Acts 9:5 means , It is hard for you to kick against iron goads , means ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have failed to see where the New Covenant is seen in Acts 22:6-11 and Paul is sent to the Gentiles . period .
As soon as he called Jesus Lord he was solidly in the new covenant salvation.

And I answered, Who are You, Lord? And He said to me, I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you persecute. (Acts 22:8)
And I said, What shall I do, Lord? (v. 10a)

In Romans the apostle teaches us how men can be saved.

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation. (Rom. 10:9,10)

May I have your thoughts as to what Acts 9:5 means , It is hard for you to kick against iron goads , means ??

dan p
I do not know for sure. At this time I think from the time Saul witnessed Stephen being stoned the Holy Spirit
began to convict his conscience. Possibly
"kick against the pricks" referred to Saul supressing the divine voice in his
conscience related to Stephen's murder and prayer for his executioners' forgiveness.

But Paul's destiny was in the hands of God who was sovereignly arranging everything for Paul's apostlesship.
Paul looking back over his life said it he was called by the grace of Christ from his mother's womb.
So he could have been kicking against the pricks his whole life up to the time of the Damascus conversion.

But when it pleased God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace,
To reveal His Son in me that I might announce Him as the gospel among the Gentiles, (Gal. 1:15,16a)

What do you think about it?
I think that I heard that the word picture is of a horse or donkey kicking against the attachments that
the beast is tied to. The rider in the cart or wagon is directing the stubborn beast do the rider's bidding.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As soon as he called Jesus Lord he was solidly in the new covenant salvation.

And I answered, Who are You, Lord? And He said to me, I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you persecute. (Acts 22:8)
And I said, What shall I do, Lord? (v. 10a)

In Romans the apostle teaches us how men can be saved.

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation. (Rom. 10:9,10)

I do not know for sure. At this time I think from the time Saul witnessed Stephen being stoned the Holy Spirit
began to convict his conscience. Possibly
"kick against the pricks" referred to Saul supressing the divine voice in his
conscience related to Stephen's murder and prayer for his executioners' forgiveness.

But Paul's destiny was in the hands of God who was sovereignly arranging everything for Paul's apostlesship.
Paul looking back over his life said it he was called by the grace of Christ from his mother's womb.
So he could have been kicking against the pricks his whole life up to the time of the Damascus conversion.

But when it pleased God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace,
To reveal His Son in me that I might announce Him as the gospel among the Gentiles, (Gal. 1:15,16a)

I think that I heard that the word picture is of a horse or donkey kicking against the attachments that
the beast is tied to. The rider in the cart or wagon is directing the stubborn beast do the rider's bidding.
I believe that in Acts 9:5 and in Acts 26:14-17 is a picture of men and women that tied to the mill and round and round they go and are kicking on the leather band that will always keep them tied to the mill of sin and can not see how to escape .

The NEW COVENANT is explained in EZE 36:23-38 .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Possibly "kick against the pricks" referred to Saul supressing the divine voice in his
conscience...

God’s wisdom is deep and his power is great—who has hardened himself against him, and succeeded? Job 9:4

__________________________________________________________________________________________
But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Cor 1:24

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God’s wisdom is deep and his power is great—who has hardened himself against him, and succeeded? Job 9:4

__________________________________________________________________________________________
But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Cor 1:24
In your reply in # 23 , you say that SAUL was solidly saved by the NEW COVENANT , and where is that verse saying that ??

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your reply in # 23 , you say that SAUL was solidly saved by the NEW COVENANT , and where is that verse saying that ??
#23 is your post. Also, you can use the reply option instead of attempting to pass off your eloquence in place of what was actually posted.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—1 Cor 1:30

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#23 is your post. Also, you can use the reply option instead of attempting to pass off your eloquence in place of what was actually posted.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—1 Cor 1:30
And 1 Cor 1:30 , I could not find any words of the NEW COVENANT and I will explain where it speaks of where it can be found and all aways do not want to speak , BALDERDASH .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And 1 Cor 1:30 , I could not find any words of the NEW COVENANT and I will explain where it speaks of where it can be found and all aways do not want to speak , BALDERDASH .
The word you're looking for is boldly. Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God...
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, to obtain help. Heb 4:14-16
For He indeed gives help to the seed of Abraham. Heb 2:16
For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” 2 Cor 6:2

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p
You are asking a different poster. I, oikonomia, wrote post #23.

You cannot see Saul of Tarsus being brought into the new covenant in his own words?
Don't you think he should know something about his own experience as he testifies what happened to him?

Why do you question his own testifying?
Do you think it would have been better for you to have been there to teach Paul about Ezekiel chapter 36 as he bore witness
to his countrymen. Do you imagine that maybe he didn't know about Ezekiel chapter 36?

dan p
You can find the name Christ Jesus in First Corinthians 1:30. That is the new covenant he was put into by God.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
That as it is written, “He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord.” (1 Cor. 1:30,31)

I don't see the need to be so eager to debate about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are asking a different poster. I, oikonomia, wrote post #23.

You cannot see Saul of Tarsus being brought into the new covenant in his own words?
Don't you think he should know something about his own experience as he testifies what happened to him?

Why do you question his own testifying?
Do you think it would have been better for you to have been there to teach Paul about Ezekiel chapter 36 as he bore witness
to his countrymen. Do you imagine that maybe he didn't know about Ezekiel chapter 36?

You can find the name Christ Jesus in First Corinthians 1:30. That is the new covenant he was put into by God.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
That as it is written, “He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord.” (1 Cor. 1:30,31)

I don't see the need to be so eager to debate about this.
I read 1 Cor 1:30 and the words NEW COVENANT disappears when I turned to that passage and Heb 8:8 says that the NEW COVENANT Belongs to Israel and to Judah , can you explain that to me ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read 1 Cor 1:30 and the words NEW COVENANT disappears when I turned to that passage and Heb 8:8 says that the NEW COVENANT Belongs to Israel and to Judah , can you explain that to me ??

dan p
In a nutshell the new covenant is Jesus Christ - all His Person and His work.

There is no new covenant whatsoever without the Lord Jesus Christ.
So when Paul says that it is of God that we are in Christ Jesus it certainly means God
put we believers in the Son of God into the new covenant.

Concerning our past He has been made our righteousness. We are justified.
Concerning our present He is our sanctification. We are being made holy.
Concerning out future He is our redemption (of the body). We will be transfigured .

So past, present and future this One is God's new covenant to us.
And all of this has become our divine wisdom from God.

Henceforth all out boasting should be in what the Lord Jesus is to us in everyway.
Now look again at this marvelous passage on the essence of the new covenant.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In a nutshell the new covenant is Jesus Christ - all His Person and His work.

There is no new covenant whatsoever without the Lord Jesus Christ.
So when Paul says that it is of God that we are in Christ Jesus it certainly means God
put we believers in the Son of God into the new covenant.

Concerning our past He has been made our righteousness. We are justified.
Concerning our present He is our sanctification. We are being made holy.
Concerning out future He is our redemption (of the body). We will be transfigured .

So past, present and future this One is God's new covenant to us.
And all of this has become our divine wisdom from God.

Henceforth all out boasting should be in what the Lord Jesus is to us in everyway.
Now look again at this marvelous passage on the essence of the new covenant.

Why not print your verse for our proof as it will help and my proof is Heb 8:8 and the NEW COVENANT belongs to Israel and Judah and have yet to see the Greek word // ETHNOS ??

dan p
You can read about Paul's entering into new covenant salvation in Acts 9:1-30.
He recounts his experience twice more - Acts 22:6-11; Acts 26:12-18.

Like Paul I too called on the Lord Jesus and I was saved into Christ.
In a word the new covenant is the resurrected and available Christ Himself.
And by your writing , I have yet to see your explanation with a verse how Saul was saved and yet , when asked to explain Saul's // Paul's salvation and I have explained it many times on this forum

How then are anyone saved by GRACE if Paul is the PATTERN for today ?

Is Acts 9:5 and 6 the PATTERN for salvation for today ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not print your verse for our proof as it will help and my proof is Heb 8:8 and the NEW COVENANT belongs to Israel and Judah and have yet to see the Greek word // ETHNOS ??
There is no need to argue that a non-Jew, a Gentile can partake of the new covenant.
There is no need to debate that the new covenant is all of Jesus Christ, His Person and His work.
There is no need to debate that the specific phrase "new covenant" must appear in every single sentence dealing with Christ in the New Testament.

The new covenant is totally wrapped up in His life, death, and resurrection.
And similarly the cup after they had dined, saying, This cup is the new covenant established in My blood, which is being poured out for you. (Luke 22:20)

dan p

And by your writing , I have yet to see your explanation with a verse how Saul was saved and yet , when asked to explain Saul's // Paul's salvation and I have explained it many times on this forum

How then are anyone saved by GRACE if Paul is the PATTERN for today ?

Is Acts 9:5 and 6 the PATTERN for salvation for today ??

dan p
Paul was a pattern in that he was the most unlikely to become a follower of Christ. He had been a fanatical and obssessed opposer against Jesus Christ. Though he was a strict Pharisee before being put into the ministry of the new covenant, he was a blasphemer denying the Deity of Jesus Christ.

He was so ignorant, persecuting the church, insulting believers. In spite of his horrendous opposition to the new covenant
he was shown mercy by God. And Christ became superaboundingly rich to Paul. In every way he was displayed as a model
of what God's longsuffering could be to the unsaved. And in Paul the Triune God displayed a pattern that all ignorant unbelievers
might also know that Jesus Christ could accept them into new covenant salvation as well.

I give thanks to Him who empowers me, Christ Jesus our Lord, that He has counted me faithful, appointing me to the ministry,
Who formerly was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insulting person; but I was shown mercy because, being ignorant, I acted in unbelief.

And the grace of our Lord superabounded with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
Faithful is the word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost.

But because of this I was shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life. (1 Tim. 1:13-16)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no need to argue that a non-Jew, a Gentile can partake of the new covenant.
There is no need to debate that the new covenant is all of Jesus Christ, His Person and His work.
There is no need to debate that the specific phrase "new covenant" must appear in every single sentence dealing with Christ in the New Testament.

The new covenant is totally wrapped up in His life, death, and resurrection.
And similarly the cup after they had dined, saying, This cup is the new covenant established in My blood, which is being poured out for you. (Luke 22:20)

Paul was a pattern in that he was the most unlikely to become a follower of Christ. He had been a fanatical and obssessed opposer against Jesus Christ. Though he was a strict Pharisee before being put into the ministry of the new covenant, he was a blasphemer denying the Deity of Jesus Christ.

He was so ignorant, persecuting the church, insulting believers. In spite of his horrendous opposition to the new covenant
he was shown mercy by God. And Christ became superaboundingly rich to Paul. In every way he was displayed as a model
of what God's longsuffering could be to the unsaved. And in Paul the Triune God displayed a pattern that all ignorant unbelievers
might also know that Jesus Christ could accept them into new covenant salvation as well.

I give thanks to Him who empowers me, Christ Jesus our Lord, that He has counted me faithful, appointing me to the ministry,
Who formerly was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insulting person; but I was shown mercy because, being ignorant, I acted in unbelief.

And the grace of our Lord superabounded with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
Faithful is the word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost.

But because of this I was shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life. (1 Tim. 1:13-16)
And you keep talking about the NEW COVENANT and will you explain how a person is saved under the NEW COVENANT TODAY ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you keep talking about the NEW COVENANT and will you explain how a person is saved under the NEW COVENANT TODAY ??

dan p
I gave you a reliable concise passage how. I do hope you will read all these verses not just as dry "proof texts" (which they are) but as spiritual food and drink for nourishment of our innermost being.

They are put INTO Christ Jesus.
But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption, (1 Cor. 1:30)

Christ is both enterable and can also enter into man.
Here is a nice promise showing that Christ can be entered INTO as well as enter with His Father into believers.

In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. (John 14:20)

See Dan? We can be put into Jesus Christ the resurrected One and He can enter also into us.
"[T]hat day" is the day of His resurrection. Of course we must believe He rose and is Lord to enter into Him and Him into us.

This mutual coming into Christ and He into man is a mingling and joining of God and man.
This verse shows the new covenant is Christ as Lord being JOINED to our innermost spiritual being as
"one spirit " .

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor. 6:17)

See Dan? Our spirit and the Holy Spirit (which is the resurrected Jesus in His pneumatic form) can become one mingled, blended, joined together spirit. The two spirits - our human spirit and Himself deep within us become "one spirit".
This is the new covenant.

Here is another passage showing not only we enter into Christ and/or become joined as one to Christ in spirit.
Here we see we can be "firmly attach[ed]" to the Christ, the Anointed One.

But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God, (2 Cor. 1:21)

Isn't that marvelous? And the next verse says as a guarantee He has given us a pledge and seal of the Holy Spirit.

He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. (v.22)

And the Third of the Triune God, the Spirit, bears witness with our spirit that we
own God as our "Daddy"
- or "Abba Father". In other words we who are reborn and indwelt with the Holy Spirit
have a witnessing within that we have a life relationship with a begetting eternal Father.

For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again,
but you have received a spirit of sonship in which we cry, Abba, Father!
The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God. (Romans 8:15,16)

True to the OP I think we should get around to relatng all this to the reason for the writing of the book of Hebrews.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave you a reliable concise passage how. I do hope you will read all these verses not just as dry "proof texts" (which they are) but as spiritual food and drink for nourishment of our innermost being.

They are put INTO Christ Jesus.
But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption, (1 Cor. 1:30)

Christ is both enterable and can also enter into man.
Here is a nice promise showing that Christ can be entered INTO as well as enter with His Father into believers.

In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. (John 14:20)

See Dan? We can be put into Jesus Christ the resurrected One and He can enter also into us.
"[T]hat day" is the day of His resurrection. Of course we must believe He rose and is Lord to enter into Him and Him into us.

This mutual coming into Christ and He into man is a mingling and joining of God and man.
This verse shows the new covenant is Christ as Lord being JOINED to our innermost spiritual being as
"one spirit " .

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor. 6:17)

See Dan? Our spirit and the Holy Spirit (which is the resurrected Jesus in His pneumatic form) can become one mingled, blended, joined together spirit. The two spirits - our human spirit and Himself deep within us become "one spirit".
This is the new covenant.

Here is another passage showing not only we enter into Christ and/or become joined as one to Christ in spirit.
Here we see we can be "firmly attach[ed]" to the Christ, the Anointed One.

But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God, (2 Cor. 1:21)

Isn't that marvelous? And the next verse says as a guarantee He has given us a pledge and seal of the Holy Spirit.

He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. (v.22)

And the Third of the Triune God, the Spirit, bears witness with our spirit that we
own God as our "Daddy"
- or "Abba Father". In other words we who are reborn and indwelt with the Holy Spirit
have a witnessing within that we have a life relationship with a begetting eternal Father.

For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again,
but you have received a spirit of sonship in which we cry, Abba, Father!
The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God. (Romans 8:15,16)

True to the OP I think we should get around to relatng all this to the reason for the writing of the book of Hebrews.

And I can see that you are m just as PASSIONATE as I am concerning that the bible is God's word >

I use Eze 36 to prove what the NEW COVENANT really is and the apostle to the GENTILES e ate to be IMITATORS of Paul just I am of Christ , and never teaches that we are saved by the NEW COVENANT because we are saved by GRACE , Eph 2:8 .

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I can see that you are m just as PASSIONATE as I am concerning that the bible is God's word >

I use Eze 36 to prove what the NEW COVENANT really is and the apostle to the GENTILES e ate to be IMITATORS of Paul just I am of Christ , and never teaches that we are saved by the NEW COVENANT because we are saved by GRACE , Eph 2:8 .

dan p

Why is being imitators of Paul as he was of Christ some kind of proof that this imitation is not about the new covenant?

Paul grew in the divine life which he received. Imitating his pioneering ever growing enjoyment of grace is about being in the new covenant.

It doesn't make sense to pit these two matters against each other such that you erroneously assume -
being saved by grace and imitating Paul's progress are VERSES the promise of the new covenant.

This passage in Acts shows the equivalancy of the gospel of the grace of God with the proclamation of the kingdom of God.

How I did not withhold any of those things that are profitable by not declaring them to you and by not teaching you publicly and from house to house, Solemnly testifying both to Jews and to Greeks repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus. (Acts 20:20,21)

Paul preached, testified, and taught both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles) the same message - repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus.

And this preaching was simultaneously the proclamation of the kingdom of God.
And now, behold, I know that you all, among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom, will see my face no more. (v. 25)

And he preached this so that he could say he was free from the blood of all men. In other words, they heard what they needed to hear
in order to be SAVED.
Therefore I testify to you on this day that I am clean from the blood of all men, (v. 26)

Furthermore he said what he preached was a NOT partial message from God but all the counsel of God.
For I did not shrink from declaring to you all the counsel of God. (v. 27)

So Acts 20:20-27 proves:
1.) Paul held back nothing but taught those things that are profitable.
2.) Though he considered himself an apostle to the Gentiles he taught the same revelation "both to Jews and to Greeks."
3.) That same message was repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus.
4.)
This was the message by which all men might be saved from the judgment of God. I am clean from the blood of all men.
5.)
This also was a message about living in and unto the kingdom [of Christ and of God].
6.) This teaching was also
all the counsel of God.

You must have some kind of side agenda which makes it profitale to split the two matters apart from each other:
the new covenant gospel verses salvation by grace through faith.

Why do you desire to pit these two aspects of the same unsearchable riches of Christ at odds with each other ??
The gospel is the unfathomable and unsearchable riches of Jesus Christ of which Paul became a minister.

To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given to announce to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel . . . (Eph. 3:8)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is being imitators of Paul as he was of Christ some kind of proof that this imitation is not about the new covenant?

Paul grew in the divine life which he received. Imitating his pioneering ever growing enjoyment of grace is about being in the new covenant.

It doesn't make sense to pit these two matters against each other such that you erroneously assume -
being saved by grace and imitating Paul's progress are VERSES the promise of the new covenant.

This passage in Acts shows the equivalancy of the gospel of the grace of God with the proclamation of the kingdom of God.

How I did not withhold any of those things that are profitable by not declaring them to you and by not teaching you publicly and from house to house, Solemnly testifying both to Jews and to Greeks repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus. (Acts 20:20,21)

Paul preached, testified, and taught both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles) the same message - repentance unto God and faith in our Lord Jesus.

And now, behold, I know that you all, among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom, will see my face no more. (v. 25)

And he preached this so that he could say he was free from the blood of all men. In other words, they heard what they needed to hear
in order to be SAVED.
Therefore I testify to you on this day that I am clean from the blood of all men, (v. 26)

Furthermore he said what he preached was a NOT partial message from God but all the counsel of God.

2.) Though he considered himself an apostle to the Gentiles he taught the same revelation "both to Jews and to Greeks."
4.)
This was the message by which all men might be saved from the judgment of God. I am clean from the blood of all men.
5.)
This also was a message about living in and unto the kingdom [of Christ and of God].
all the counsel of God.

You must have some kind of side agenda which makes it profitale to split the two matters apart from each other:

Why do you desire to pit these two aspects of the same unsearchable riches of Christ at odds with each other ??
The gospel is the unfathomable and unsearchable riches of Jesus Christ of which Paul became a minister.

To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given to announce to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel . . . (Eph. 3:8)
And where in 1 Cor 11:1 do you the word NEW // KAINOS ?

Or see the word COVENANT // DIATHEKE in the verse 1 ??

And be glad for you to explain what the NEW COVENANT means .

And in Heb 8:8 says that the New Covenant is given to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah ?

Paul's message is found in Eph 3:9 to make all see what the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY , the one having been KEPT SECRET from the AGES in God .

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

4.)
5.)
all the counsel of God.

And in Heb 8:8 says that the New Covenant is given to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah ?
Paul's message is found in Eph 3:9 to make all see what the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY , the one having been KEPT SECRET from the AGES in God .
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance...Heb 9:15
In the same way, Christ was also offered once to take on himself the sins of many people. He appears a second time, not to take away sin but for salvation of those who trust in Him. Heb 9:28
This is how the love of God is revealed to us: God has sent His only Son into the world so that we can live through Him. 1 John 4:9
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Cor 13:13-14
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Who will not stand in awe of You, Lord? All nations will praise Your holy name and worship You, because Your righteous acts
have been revealed. Rev 15:4

Last edited:
Reactions: oikonomia
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟68,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And where in 1 Cor 11:1 do you the word NEW // KAINOS ?
The name Christ appears in First Corinthians 11:1. He Himself is the new covenant.
Be imitators of me, as I also am of Christ.

Or see the word COVENANT // DIATHEKE in the verse 1 ??
Christ Himself is the new covenant. And for any man to be in Christ there is a new creation.
So then if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new. (2 Cor. 5:17)
And be glad for you to explain what the NEW COVENANT means .
In a word, as I said before, the new covenant is Jesus Christ Himself.
Certainly to be put by God into Christ is to become a partaker in the new covenant.
I already explained that once before.

In your next post to me explain why Jesus Christ is not the new covenant.
It doesn't say it was not given to the Greeks. In fact Jesus said that because Israel did not produce the fruits God
desired that the kingdom (at least for a time) would be taken from them and given to another nation which would produce
the desired fruits unto God.

Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. (Matt. 21:43)

Individual Jews CAN be saved by the new covenant. But the national aspect of salvation was taken away from Israel
for a disciplinary season.

So during the church age following Christ's resurrection, individual Israelites can be saved by the new covenant.
But as a blessing to "the house of Israel and the house of Judah" they rejected when they nationally rejected the Son of God.

dan p
Paul's message is found in Ephesians 3:9 surely.
Paul's message in many, many places else besides.

And examining Ephesians chapter 3 how can you miss this about "Paul's message."

That by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I have written previously in brief,

By which, in reading it, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ,

Which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in spirit,

That in Christ Jesus the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the Body and fellow partakers of the promise through the gospel, (Eph. 3:3-6)

This is why Israel as a nation rejected not only their Messiah but His apostle Paul as well.
He was only announceing the revelation of the hidden mystery faithfully.
God's will was to bring into household the Jews and the nations in the church the kingdom of the heavens.

Can you imagine how it sounded to the rejecting Israel that Paul was preaching
that the Christ, the Messiah, was IN the Gentile believers as their hope of glory?

To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, (Col. 1:27)

The new covenant is Christ Himself indwelling man with all of His unsearchable riches that everyone who
receives Him would become "full grown in Christ."

Christ in you, the hope of glory, Whom we announce, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man full-grown in Christ;

For which also I labor, struggling according to His operation which operates in me in power. (Col. 1:27b-29)

Last edited:
Upvote 0