WHY DO MANY PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE THAT THE OLD COVENANT IS STILL IN EFFECT ?

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I did edit it.
You did not speak to the difference between Clare's view and your own as an example of your claims. It just seems semantics without it.
Right... still no question.
Questions usually come with a question mark.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟209,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But Jesus said the kingdom of God was here now, before his shed blood.

Shadows and examples (sacrifices, defilements, cleansings, feasts, etc.) are the physical representations of the spiritual.
The kingdom of God now spiritually within is not a physical representation of another (spiritual) kingdom to come.
That is the reverse of God's Biblical pattern, which is: the physical represents the spiritual, not the other way around.

The spiritual kingdom of God which Jesus brought at his first coming is the promised (spiritual) kingdom of God.
It is the only kingdom of God. There is no other.
A future earthly kingdom was the false misunderstanding of the OT Jews, and which caused them to reject their Messianic king and his spiritual kingdom.

Just as the promised everlasting possession (Ge 17:8, 48:4) of physical land was a promise of spiritual (heavenly) land (Heb 11:13-16,
so also the promised physical Messianic kingdom of God was a promise of the spiritual kingdom of God, brought in by the Messiah at his first coming, and which they rejected.
There is no other kingdom of God. They don't get a second bite at the apple.
All mankind is on the same footing, salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ.
The NT kingdom of God (within the people of God, the church) is the fulfillment of God's promised kingdom.

The Old Covenant promises were types of their fulfillment in the New Covenant.
The New Covenant kingdom is not celestial, it is the kingdom of God now (Mt 12:28, Lk 11:20), as well as for all eternity.
We disagree.

• Friendly
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I say that kingdom is eternal, not temporal. It will never end
Be glad to see and study any verse to study where the OLD COVERANT is Eternal and STAND on Heb 8:7-9 and verse 10-13 give some of what the NEW COVENANT entails .

danp

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟209,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Be glad to see and study any verse to study where the OLD COVERANT is Eternal and STAND on Heb 8:7-9 and verse 10-13 give some of what the NEW COVENANT entails .

danp
The Sinai covenant is not eternal, it remains temporal for the outward circumcision .

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sinai covenant is not eternal, it remains temporal for the outward circumcision .
God made 5 covenants with the Nation of Israel . Only 4 of them are related to the Millennial Kingdom .

The 5 th Covenant , the Mosaic Covenant , was NOT related to prophecy and was only a temporary Covenant until the New Covenant should come in ( Heb 8:13 ) ..

The death of Christ abolished the OLD COVENANT , another name for the Mosaic Covenant was to show the Hebrews how to live a life pleasing to Jehovah God .

I see only 3 COVENANTS yet to be fulfilled .

The Palestinian Covenant

Davidic Covenant

New Covenant

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟209,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God made 5 covenants with the Nation of Israel . Only 4 of them are related to the Millennial Kingdom .

The 5 th Covenant , the Mosaic Covenant , was NOT related to prophecy and was only a temporary Covenant until the New Covenant should come in ( Heb 8:13 ) ..

The death of Christ abolished the OLD COVENANT , another name for the Mosaic Covenant was to show the Hebrews how to live a life pleasing to Jehovah God .

I see only 3 COVENANTS yet to be fulfilled .

The Palestinian Covenant

Davidic Covenant

New Covenant

dan p
The gospel concerns the covenants made with Abraham. In Christ we are his seed of promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gospel concerns the covenants made with Abraham. In Christ we are his seed of promise.
Have you a verse where the Gospels that concerns the Covenant , and a verse that I may examine what it means ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟342,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen that many people still believe that the OLD COVENANT is still in EFFECT !

What I see is the difference between how GOD defines His New covenant, and how many of this world's religions define God's New covenant.

But 2 Cor 3:12 , 13 , 14 and also Isa 6:1-13 and other verses , show the same results that Israel has been set aside .

These Scriptures do not teach what you say.

Israel was broken off because they didn't believe God. Paul speaks to this.

Rom. 11: 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Remember the Words of the Jesus "of the bible", "Salvation is of the Jews".
But what about CIRCUMCISION in Acts 15:1 , that without CIRCUMCISION , you are not able to be saved ?

This is true. The children of the devil, the Pharisees, transgressed God's commandments by their own traditions. They promoted their own religious traditions regarding Circumcision, as Paul explains in Romans 2. As Moses teaches "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."

The Pharisees didn't promote the Circumcision of God. As Stephen points out for those who would believe him.

Acts 7: 51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

And in Gal 2:14 we see the apostle Peter trying to COMPEL Gentiles to adopt Jewish customs and RITES , which means that Peter was NOT a believer saved by Grace .

Peter got carried away with Jewish Traditions that transgressed God's Commandments. Paul, in Love of the brethren rebuked him.

The Jews were not promoting or living by God's Commandments. They were promoting for Doctrines, according to the Jesus of the Bible, the Commandments of men.

As Paul describes this same religion in Gal. 1.

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Here is what Jesus said about the Jews religion.

Mark 7: 6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Stephen, in the Scriptures I posted, confirm this Biblical Truth. Peter, by following Jewish Traditions, was Transgressing God's Commandments. Paul taught against such behavior.

1 Cor. 6: 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

It's important to consider what is written yourself, and not to just adopt the religious philosophies of this world's "Many" who come in Christ's Name that Jesus warned us about.

Matt. 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Read God's Word defining HIS Own New Covenant and see what HE PLANS to do with His Law, according to HIS Own Words.

Remember Paul's Words.

Rom. 2: 13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

And Again;

2 Tim. 2: 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (Law and Prophets were the only Scriptures available to Timothy in his youth.)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟367,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you a verse where the Gospels that concerns the Covenant , and a verse that I may examine what it means ?

dan pi take it all back. i was mixing covenant and commandments up. Carry on with out me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟367,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

dan p
I take it all back. I was mixing covenant up with commandments. Carry on without me

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes INSIDE YOU. We are it's citizenship. But here in this world, this life we are strangers and sojourners.

Not so with the earthly kingdom. But, those with earthly promise remain until this temporal world is no more. It has the purpose of God as well in it. I think Israel as a nation still carries God's judgement in this world and this life. Those of us in Christ have been judged already.
You said that those of us in Christ have been judged already and please sys where that verse is PLEASE ?

DAN P

Upvote 0