Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If we as a society started calling canines “cats” and felines “dogs”, there would be some people on this forum that would climb on top of their houses and scream at the top of their lungs that its wrong and they’re not going to accept it. And then there’s the normal people who would say “oh, this is how we’re using those words now? I guess I’ll have to get used to it.”
Who is claiming to be a different species?
Human males and human females are mostly the same DNA but expressed differently. The “plumbing” gets coded first, then the brain is always, (but not quite “always”), be wired for the genitals its body has. The very tiny minority of children so born are at the mercy of the rest of us.
Why would we choose our comfort over the comfort of these poor unfortunates who cannot feel “at home” in their own bodies!? It’s not like they’re anything over 0.6% of the population.

If we’re unwilling to do that then maybe we should at least have sensible arguments in our back-and-forths!?

This whole “Gender HAS to mean the thing I want it to mean, even if other people aren’t using the word in the way I want them to!” is childish and idiotic.
Insisting that people with a condition, obey people who do not, cannot, understand the condition, about how best to “treat” their condition, seems “optimistic”, at best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,379.00
Faith
Pentecostal
There's lots of ways...

Ghrelin and leptin are the biological chemicals that signal "hunger" and "fullness".

These are detectable. That's why your example is garbage. No need to thank me for the lesson.

The idea that a man is a woman on the inside is something you take purely on faith....like such a person is your new priest.
I can't wait for the next one from him. Every time you shut down his idea he just pops up.with another one. That's why I gave up on the discussions. Everytime I proved him in error or showed him his contradictions he just came up with something else. I got tired of running in circles. I know you don't believe in God, but God bless you man for hanging in there with him.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,156.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The thing is gender still.mrans that it has always meant for the most part. Male or female. Gender theory on the other hand is quite different. It was invented by some very sick sick twisted individuals who were never able to prove the validity of the theory.

Can you prove to us that gender or even the definition of gender is something beyond the male or female sex?
The word ‘gender’ means exactly how people use the word ‘gender’.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,379.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The very tiny minority of children so born are at the mercy of the rest of us.
Where's the evidence if this?
Why would we choose our comfort over the comfort of these poor unfortunates who cannot feel “at home” in their own bodies!? It’s not like they’re anything over 0.6% of the population.
We do it all the time. There are many mentally ill people out there. Some VERY ill to the point where their own families cannot have them living there. Much less a stranger.

And the OP is just ONE example on why this is a problem. You have been given many others.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There’s a specific definition in the dictionary. I swear, it’s like none of you have ever actually opened one before…

When I use a dictionary, it doesn't seem to matter which one I pick...it's not something that the other person agrees with.

If you have a particular definition you use, dictionary or not, post it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who is claiming to be a different species?
Human males and human females are mostly the same DNA but expressed differently. The “plumbing” gets coded first, then the brain is always, (but not quite “always”), be wired for the genitals it’s body has. The very tiny minority of children so born are at the mercy of the rest of us.

Are you claiming that a transgender person has to experience dysphoria to be trans?

If so, you're what the trans activists call "transphobic truescum."

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,156.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Gender hasn't really been redefined. It still refers to sex. Places like the Oxford have tried to expand the definition to refer to identities, but those identities are still based upon sex. What the left has been unable to do, even though they are trying really hard is to separate gender from sex. And they can't. Why even the Oxford couldn't.
Dictionaries don’t ‘try’ to do anything other than document how language is being used. They’re descriptive, not prescriptive.

How many times am I going to have to repeat this ridiculously evident fact?

And people have already decoupled sex and gender. I realize this may be difficult for you to understand, but realize your difficulty isn’t everyone’s difficulty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In essence yes they are. Social media, the media, and education is doing exactly that.

I watched a RikTok of a guy in a flight-suit, he jumped off of a cliff and glided down through some part of the Alps, (or somewhere) and it was great to see someone do that, knowing all the while that it’ll never be me.

Other people get to live the lives that they find they have to live, we’re allowed to ignore them, or help them or make their lives even more difficult.

Some are trying to just live their life, but others are not. Others are working very hard to convince your children they might be trans and if the kid has some unsterotypical characteristics for their sex then they are working diligently to convince them they are trans.
I understand that this is your point of view, and it’s a valid point of view to hold: I think you’re in error.

And you are not a dumb person so you are well aware of all the other ways they are trying to force people to behave in certain ways, say certain things...
This is how societies work, though, this is normal.

@rjs330 said:
and allow harm to be done to women.
Well, it’s “on-topic” so, kudos for that, but “protect the woman-folk “ is almost hackneyed at this juncture.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,379.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Dictionaries don’t ‘try’ to do anything other than document how language is being used. They’re descriptive, not prescriptive.
Yes and the dictionary couldn't decouple gender from sex either.
And people have already decoupled sex and gender. I realize this may be difficult for you to understand, but realize your difficulty isn’t everyone’s difficulty
No they haven't. They say they have, but they haven't been able to. I'm supposed to take your word for it?

Tell me how has gender been decoupled from sex? Give me an example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,156.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When I use a dictionary, it doesn't seem to matter which one I pick...it's not something that the other person agrees with.

If you have a particular definition you use, dictionary or not, post it.
I don’t have a hang up about what the word means. I, like any well-adjusted person, goes along with the prevailing usage of words. I’m not the person standing on my lawn shaking my fist at clouds…

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,156.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I thought it meant what the Oxford dictionary said it meant.

Are you trying to use the Ole woman means woman circular argument?
For the umpteenth time, the Oxford dictionary reports how people use words. Do you think they make up definitions? Do you think there are dictionary laws? Maybe dictionary police?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,379.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why on earth would I try to define what a woman is? I’m not the one freaking out about words…
You think we are only talking about words? Words are language and language is used to describe things. People who claim a woman can be born a man has just used words to describe something in life that goes beyond something typed on a page. You made the claim. Now back it up. And use your words.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This paranoia about language is silly.
For some, language is a “reality-anchor” and it can cause significant cognitive-dissonance should they find out it’s more of a “reality-buoy”.

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.