Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For the umpteenth time, the Oxford dictionary reports how people use words. Do you think they make up definitions? Do you think there are dictionary laws? Maybe dictionary police?
And I've pointed out how the dictionary hasn't really separated gender from sex. Apparently you can't either. So that explains why the dictionary hasn't. They've added a few more words in there, but the words don't actually separate sex from gender.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,056.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes and the dictionary couldn't decouple gender from sex either.

No they haven't. They say they have, but they haven't been able to. I'm supposed to take your word for it?

Tell me how has gender been decoupled from sex? Give me an example.
Sex has to do with chromosomes. Gender does not. It’s simple really. A child can understand it. When my son was little he had no issue with the concepts.

And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you in similar threads where this exact thing is being discussed. I’m a bit worried about your memory, since I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been explained before. Or is it the case that you block out things you don’t want to hear?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Better we should keep 99.4% of children ignorant of the 0.6% of their peers who won’t know that there are other people who’ve ridden this “ride” before and the kids, when of proper age to decide, maybe they’d like to have all the information about their condition easily available (like @ school)?

Have you ever fleshed out this phrase?
Zero point-six of the population has some level of gender-fluidity, chances are they are going to eventually have to decide in what sorts of ways they agree on what is the best life that they can have, given the freedom and information to do so.
That’s only an “ideology” if “breathing“ is a staying-alive “ideology”.

Great let’s fund lotsa “research” so that we can move forward as a society and intentionally unmarginalize some people whose predecessors were largely ignored by older generations.
Unless we want them to stay marginalized?

This ship has sailed.
You don't get it. The ideology is that everyone is gender fluid. You've seen the John Wayne vs Paul Lynde examples of different genders. The ideology is gender is not based on anything of particular substance.

What children and young adults are being taught is they're whatever they choose to be based on whim. That male, female, gay, straight are false constructs. That supposedly in reality it's all fluid, regarding everyone.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,056.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And I've pointed out how the dictionary hasn't really separated gender from sex. Apparently you can't either. So that explains why the dictionary hasn't. They've added a few more words in there, but the words don't actually separate sex from gender.
You’ve pointed out something that isn’t true…

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Gender does not. It’s simple really. A child can understand it. When my son was little he had no issue with the concepts.
You know a kid will take whatever dad tells them as pretty much gospel when they are young. They don't know any better. Explain it to us adults.

What is gender and how does differ from sex?
And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you in similar threads where this exact thing is being discussed. I’m a bit worried about your memory, since I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been explained before. Or is it the case that you block out things you don’t want to hear?
Oh I have been. And so far everyone has done exactly what you have done. They have stood on the hill and said "Gender is not sex. Everyone knows that, even a child understands." But none of them have ever been able to define gender apart from sex. I am guessing you can't either that's why you are falling back the Ole "even my kid understands".

Tell us, how did you explain the difference to your little boy?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m an American. I cannot suddenly say I identify as Canadian because I feel like it.
Wow, no, you totally possess this “ability“; I think you’re only lacking the “desire”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm actually surprised that you would support anything bring taught to your kids that is based upon faith and belief rather than facts and science. Especially something that is biologically based. Are you now saying that faith should be a classroom education to all kids?

Educating kids that they might be trans is a faith based education. Because no teacher has any idea if a child is trans or not. And they have no idea how tell kids what it means to be trans because no one knows. It's taken by faith. It's based upon a "feeling" that no one can describe. There is no evidence for it.
Schools are the de facto “social-indoctrination-centers” for the children in our society; many ideologies are taught there.
Religion has its own sphere and locations to indoctrinate the willing to their brand of “faith”.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The thing is gender still.mrans that it has always meant for the most part. Male or female. Gender theory on the other hand is quite different. It was invented by some very sick sick twisted individuals who were never able to prove the validity of the theory.

Can you prove to us that gender or even the definition of gender is something beyond the male or female sex?
The language is in flux, yes.
This is tangential though.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't get it. The ideology is that everyone is gender fluid. You've seen the John Wayne vs Paul Lynde examples of different genders. The ideology is gender is not based on anything of particular substance.
Men produce either XX or XY sperm cells, women only produce ova that are XX.
Yet every single human being is made from the fusion of these cells, is it really so inconceivable that sometimes the brain (which is “wired” only after the genitals are formed), might express the genitalia of the opposite sex?

What children and young adults are being taught is they're whatever they choose to be based on whim. That male, female, gay, straight are false constructs. That supposedly in reality it's all fluid, regarding everyone.
Over 99.3% of people will be either cis-male or cis-female. They’re trying to teach the ~0.6% that it’s okay if they feel like they’re not part of the ~99.3%.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Men produce either XX or XY sperm cells, women only produce ova that are XX.
Yet every single human being is made from the fusion of these cells, is it really so inconceivable that sometimes the brain (which is “wired” only after the genitals are formed), might express the genitalia of the opposite sex?

Over 99.3% of people will be either cis-male or cis-female. They’re trying to teach the ~0.6% that it’s okay if they feel like they’re not part of the ~99.3%.
That's all old school construct. New wave transgender ideology puts that away. XX and XY comosomes are completely irrelevant to gender. Genitals are completely irrelevant to gender. Cisgender is only one of dozens of genders. And anyone can be any combination of any of the many genders. Also gender is selective and can change or fluctuate from one gender to another. There really aren't any rules to it actually.

If you're going to defend something, it's best to have a clear understanding of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, no, you totally possess this “ability“; I think you’re only lacking the “desire”.
You know what I meant. Where I’m at currently defines my nationality, not what I identify as ;)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You conveniently left out this definition from the same source:

Female
a person with the qualities traditionally associated with females

It makes sense that the definition for ‘gender’, which you’ve completely ignored by the way, is changing faster than the definition for ‘woman’. Give it time…
Whatever. I’ll be dead and hopefully part of the Church Triumphant by then.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.