Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the different theological positions , who are you to believe ?

#1 Some believe strongly on Traditions .

#2 Many believe that BAPTISM is there strong suit !

#3 And many believe , their GOSPEL is the Only one to be taught .

#4 And some say that only their Church is INFALLIBLE and the list goes ON .

#5 But the battle seems to be also between the OLD COVENANT and the NEW COVENANT and DISPENASTIOALISM .

#6 Also between Peter and Paul .

In 1 Cor 11:1 reads BE // GINOMAI is in the PRESENT TENSE and means you should be as Paul writes in verse one .

BE what , YE FOLLOWERS // MINETES really means to be IMITATORS is in the NOMINATIVE CASE , is the subject , in the PLURAL means all be be IMITATORS of Paul .

OF ME // MOU is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN in the GENTIVE CASE in the SINGULAR

EVEN AS // KATHOS

AM OF // KAGO is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN in the nominative case , in the SINGULAR

OF CHRIST // CHRISTOS in the GENTIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR .

And in Cor 11:2 Because you have remembered me in all things , and HOLD FAST the INSTRUCTIONS // PARADOSIS , just I delivered them to you .

1 Cor 3:6 we have to PLANT what Paul PLANTED and as Apollos watered , we need to water what we have PLANTED when we witness to anyone .

dan p

Last edited:

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟606,960.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1702080874928.png

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither are infallible. However, they both preached the same truths.
Actually both were right as long as Peter PREACHED , THE CIRCUCMUMCISION !!

And that Paul did only preached the GOSPEL of THE UNCIRCUMCISION !!

And all should read what b Peter say about Paul , in 2 Peter 3:15-17 and KNOW that Paul NEVER preached what Peter preached and Gal 2:18 is the PROOF .

This means that following Paul is the right thing to DO , 1 Cor 11:1 !!

dan p

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 3:1,2 affirms that these men were fallible.
We need not waste too much time hunting for their failings.
What God preserved of their writings for the Bible is more than adaquate in divine inspiration.

Do not become many teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive greater judgment.
For in many things we all stumble.
If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.

The Son of God Jesus Christ, He is perfect and infallible.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 3:1,2 affirms that these men were fallible.
We need not waste too much time hunting for their failings.
What God preserved of their writings for the Bible is more than adaquate in divine inspiration.

Do not become many teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive greater judgment.
For in many things we all stumble.
If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.

The Son of God Jesus Christ, He is perfect and infallible.
Reading James 1:1 , we see that the context of James is the 12 tribes of scattered abroad and not written to the B O C .

And from Gal 1:12, 13, 14, 15 , 16, and 17 Paul Gospel did not received it not from MAN , nor was I taught it but by Revelation of Jesus Christ .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading James 1:1 , we see that the context of James is the 12 tribes of scattered abroad and not written to the B O C .
This is only I think a historical anomaly. The first disciples were Jews. James and elder in Jerusalem was writing
during this transition. And isn't it understandable that James was still thinking in terms of the twelve tribes?

They were of the Body which Paul didn't invent. Paul just clarified what Christ was doing.

As the church transitioned to mostly Gentiles the evidence of the gradual transition is seen.

For example John saying the workers who traveled from church to church recceived no support from the Gentiles.
For on behalf of the Name they went out, taking nothing from the Gentiles. (3 John 1:7)

For example Peter opening salutation to his first epistle.
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, (1 Pet. 1:1)

And from Gal 1:12, 13, 14, 15 , 16, and 17 Paul Gospel did not received it not from MAN , nor was I taught it but by Revelation of Jesus Christ .

dan p
How is this relevant ?
He received it from God. He was still somewhat influenced by some cultural things of his day if not dominated by them.

For example he talked about women by nature having long hair.
Some African women he may have never seen have short hair.
But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her long hair has been given to her for a covering. (1 Cor. 11:15)

For example, he said to greet one another with a holy kiss.
I suspect a secular kiss was customary. He reminded that our effection in the church should be
divinely inspired. Thus "a holy kiss."
Greet one another with a holy kiss. (2 Cor. 13:12)

My opinion is that you are more likely to see that among Christians of the Near East.

I can believe that Paul received revelation directly from God and had some
indication of cultural influences of his day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is only I think a historical anomaly. The first disciples were Jews. James and elder in Jerusalem was writing
during this transition. And isn't it understandable that James was still thinking in terms of the twelve tribes?

They were of the Body which Paul didn't invent. Paul just clarified what Christ was doing.

As the church transitioned to mostly Gentiles the evidence of the gradual transition is seen.

For example John saying the workers who traveled from church to church recceived no support from the Gentiles.
For on behalf of the Name they went out, taking nothing from the Gentiles. (3 John 1:7)

For example Peter opening salutation to his first epistle.
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, (1 Pet. 1:1)

How is this relevant ?
He received it from God. He was still somewhat influenced by some cultural things of his day if not dominated by them.

For example he talked about women by nature having long hair.
Some African women he may have never seen have short hair.
But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her long hair has been given to her for a covering. (1 Cor. 11:15)

For example, he said to greet one another with a holy kiss.
I suspect a secular kiss was customary. He reminded that our effection in the church should be
divinely inspired. Thus "a holy kiss."
Greet one another with a holy kiss. (2 Cor. 13:12)

My opinion is that you are more likely to see that among Christians of the Near East.

I can believe that Paul received revelation directly from God and had some
indication of cultural influences of his day.
Will you clarify with a verse where the BODY OF CHRIST first appeared will help me understand you better as I feel that you lean Acts 28 , your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will you clarify with a verse where the BODY OF CHRIST first appeared will help me understand you better as I feel that you lean Acts 28 , your thoughts ??

dan p
When the life of Christ entered into the disciples, I believe the Body of Christ came into existence.
Focus on verse 22 below.

And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord.
Then Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.

And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. (v. 22)

Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you retain, they are retained. (John 20:20-23)

This instance following His resurrection would be my best answer.
What do you think?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the life of Christ entered into the disciples, I believe the Body of Christ came into existence.
Focus on verse 22 below.

And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord.
Then Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.

And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. (v. 22)

Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you retain, they are retained. (John 20:20-23)

What do you think?
And you have already said that the epistles you approve , are Eph ,Phil , Col , 1 and 2 Tim , Tit and PHIL and do those epistles say Who was first saved and how that person was inducted into the BODY OF CHRIST ?

Your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you have already said that the epistles you approve , are Eph ,Phil , Col , 1 and 2 Tim , Tit and PHIL and do those epistles say Who was first saved and how that person was inducted into the BODY OF CHRIST ?

Your thoughts ??

dan p
Now, I did pause and asked you what you thought.

Tell me if you think I should not consider that passage to be
the beginnings of Christ's Body. Do you think a better case is made in Ephesians, Philippians, or 1 and 2 Timothy, or Titus ?

It is difficult for me to say something on each of the five books laid out for my comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, I did pause and asked you what you thought.

Tell me if you think I should not consider that passage to be
the beginnings of Christ's Body. Do you think a better case is made in Ephesians, Philippians, or 1 and 2 Timothy, or Titus ?

It is difficult for me to say something on each of the five books laid out for my comment.
I would need a verse for each one for me to comment '

#1 Eph 3:3 is the first one where Paul says , That according to revelation He had made known the MYSTERY , just as I had WRITTEN BEFORE in brief , and have to go , but will explain it Friday as L have to go .

Show what BOOKS were they ??

First , none of the books you wrote .

You will find them in 1 Tim , 1 Cor , 1Tim 1:15 and 16 and first in Acts 9:5 and 6 .

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would need a verse for each one for me to comment '

#1 Eph 3:3 is the first one where Paul says , That according to revelation He had made known the MYSTERY , just as I had WRITTEN BEFORE in brief , and have to go , but will explain it Friday as L have to go .
Paul did not say that he started the Body or invented the Body. He just writes that the mystery of God's will was made known
to him. Just as Christ was the Son of God before the mystery of this was made known to Paul.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Focus on verse 22 below.

What do you think?
Your reply was for me to focus on John 20:22 and 23 , your thoughts on what verses 22 and 23 mean as verse they can and did REMIT SINS .

Your thoughts ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟69,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your reply was for me to focus on John 20:22 and 23 , your thoughts on what verses 22 and 23 mean as verse they can and did REMIT SINS .

Your thoughts ??

dan p
I do not take verse 23 to mean any man can do what only God can do for eternal redemption.
But the verse goes to establish, I think, that this was a meeting of the church.

The church in Corinth FORGAVE a brother who they had to put out of the fellowship for awhile.
In the first letter this sinning Christian brother was described as leaven which would corrupt the purity of the
church in Corinth. Paul told them to remove such a one.

It is actually reported that there is fornication among you, and such fornication that does not even occur among the Gentiles, that someone has his stepmother. And you are puffed up? And have you not rather mourned, that the one who has done this deed might be removed from your midst? (1 Cor. 5:1,2)

This was not cutting him off from eternal redemption, which can only be because God has forgiven our sins.
This was quaranting him that the germs of his sinning would not spread contagously.

Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? (v. 6b)
Purge out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, (v. 7a)

But in second letter we see that this backslidden brother repented. And the church FORGAVE him and
received him back into common communion with the congregation.
This is the forgiveness I believe the Lord was referring to.

And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit.
Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you retain, they are retained.

What are my alternatives? Does any Christian have the authority to pronounce
a sinner forgiven as to eternal redemption? If we could we wouldn't have to worry about gospel preaching.
Why we just grab people and pronounce that they are forgiven. You know we cannot do that,

So this authority to the disciples to forgive is like this in the Second Corinthian letter about the same brother.

Sufficient for such a one is this punishment by the majority,
So that on the contrary you should rather forgive and comfort him,

lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with excessive sorrow.
Therefore I exhort you to confirm your love toward him. (2 Cor, 2:6,7)

Upvote 0