Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
You say potato…
Not reasonable. I think the accusation of it being likened to a contagion would require some form of evidence.

history of left handedness.png

An example of an analogous phenomenon.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟395,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you care to answer my questions in the OP?
Thr OP ALSO uses the word justified. Twice.

Science does not have the job of justifying anything. So the question in the OP is pretty moot.

Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not reasonable. I think the accusation of it being likened to a contagion would require some form of evidence.

View attachment 345901

An example of an analogous phenomenon.
Typical leftist argument, if you think this represents the acceptance rates of the LGBTQ?+-347 community over the last 100 years your completely blind. The reason you can’t find any actual statistics about LGBTQ?+-347 acceptance over the last 100 years is because there were no such statistics conducted.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟19,897.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Is transgenderism a product of cause-and-effect?

If so, I'd like to see how science justifies this sinful practice -- (assuming they do).

And if it hasn't been justified yet, what exactly are scientists looking into that would cause this to happen?

Can a person become a transgender against his will?

On the other hand, if not, then what does academia attribute this to?
Afaik, the only physical differences between a genuine trans person and?...normal person are elongated brain receptors and larger neurons in a certain part of the brain.

These don't explain the psychological genesis of dysmorphia but it's potentially a clue. The issue is, that it's only after death that it may be possible to say whether a person was genuinely trans or not. And what good is that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The only solutions is to make sure we inspect everyone's genitals before we interact with them.

If our own hubris is SO great that referring to someone in the way WE want to with he/she, you best start demanding to se private parts.

I've seen too many antitrans folks who can't tell the difference and it's embarrassing for them because you seems its actually just a particular aesthetic that is eschewed.

That of a "low effort" or early transition.

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Beats me.

I'll take a stab at it though and say:

Childe in the wombe.
So you are really clueless on that.
Yes.

I looked it up on the online etymology dictionary to get the century that "fetus" hit the airwaves.

fetus (n.)

late 14c., "the young while in the womb or egg" (tending to mean vaguely the embryo in the later stage of development), from Latin fetus (often, incorrectly, foetus) "the bearing or hatching of young, a bringing forth, pregnancy, childbearing, offspring," from suffixed form of PIE root

SOURCE: Online Etymology Dictionary
Which is when that word came into the evolving English language. But it was a word already available in the culture of England at the time, as many people knew Latin formally and many more knew it better than most of us know the Spanish that surrounds us today. They would have had a basic familiarity with Latin from the liturgy. As English grew and adapted it adsorbed many words from Latin. So much so that to say what I just said WITHOUT borrowed Latin words would be crazy difficult.
Solomon wrote ...

Ecclesiastes 11:5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
And just how does quoting Solomon make your case about something that happened in the 14th century?
14th century academia plutos it to "fetus."
What does 'plutos' mean?
It's called "fragmentation of conscience" by M. Scott Peck.
Granted fragmentation of conscience can happen, how DID it happen in the 14th century? I simply do not follow. Please make your case.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟175,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So you are really clueless on that.

Which is when that word came into the evolving English language. But it was a word already available in the culture of England at the time, as many people knew Latin formally and many more knew it better than most of us know the Spanish that surrounds us today. They would have had a basic familiarity with Latin from the liturgy. As English grew and adapted it adsorbed many words from Latin. So much so that to say what I just said WITHOUT borrowed Latin words would be crazy difficult.

And just how does quoting Solomon make your case about something that happened in the 14th century?

What does 'plutos' mean?

Granted fragmentation of conscience can happen, how DID it happen in the 14th century? I simply do not follow. Please make your case.
AV asserts that something really important changed about Pluto when it's designation was changed from "planet" to "dwarf planet" and that the change was made by a rigged vote of the astronomical committee which makes such designations. Hence, "to pluto" a verb describing a change in a definition for nefarious purposes.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟175,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Typical leftist argument, if you think this represents the acceptance rates of the LGBTQ?+-347 community over the last 100 years your completely blind. The reason you can’t find any actual statistics about LGBTQ?+-347 acceptance over the last 100 years is because there were no such statistics conducted.
Surely there is something, you could look at arrests for sodomy, for example. Gays run a pretty constant percentage of the population, so sodomy arrests would give some indication of how seriously the law was being enforced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Afaik, the only physical differences between a genuine trans person and?...normal person are elongated brain receptors and larger neurons in a certain part of the brain.

So it IS being looked into by scientists, I take it?

These don't explain the psychological genesis of dysmorphia but it's potentially a clue. The issue is, that it's only after death that it may be possible to say whether a person was genuinely trans or not. And what good is that?

Ya -- if I remember right, an autopsy showed that Charles Whitman had a brain tumor.

Some of this stuff can only be done post-mortem.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Please make your case.

He doesn't have one. It's been repeatedly said to him that fetus means child in the womb, even in the definition he himself gave, but he doesn't care.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.