Oct 2, 2020
✟616,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? They believe that their own genitals are just their business.

Don't you believe that your genitals aren't really another person's business?
Based on footage I've seen of PRIDE parades they enjoy publicly exposing themselves.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟616,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only solutions is to make sure we inspect everyone's genitals before we interact with them.

If our own hubris is SO great that referring to someone in the way WE want to with he/she, you best start demanding to se private parts.

I've seen too many antitrans folks who can't tell the difference and it's embarrassing for them because you seems its actually just a particular aesthetic that is eschewed.

That of a "low effort" or early transition.
What do private parts have to do with the large number of trans-people who identify as gender-neutral? Or non-binary? Or a-gender? Or bi-gender? Or pan-gender? Or gender-fluid? Or gender-flux? It's all and only based on whatever someone feels like identifying as that day, regardless of appearance including private parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What do private parts have to do with the large number of trans-people who identify as gender-neutral? Or non-binary? Or a-gender? Or bi-gender? Or pan-gender? Or gender-fluid? Or gender-flux? It's all and only based on whatever someone feels like identifying as that day, regardless of appearance including private parts.

I think it's useful to separate two psychological phenomena into different categories: 1) the person who strongly and persistently identifies as female, even though they have a male body (or vice versa); and 2) the person who's reasonably content with their body but feels like the labels "masculine" and "feminine" don't fit their personalities at all.

From the conversations I've had with people in both of these categories, these experiences seem to me to be quite different, even though they both fall under the broad umbrella of gender-nonconforming. Personally, I use the term "transgender" for (1) and not (2), although I realize some people use the term "transgender" for both (1) and (2).

The people who identify with the categories you've listed (nonbinary, agender, etc) are largely in category (2). The "large number" may be related to the large number of people who think gender roles are rubbish. I'll be interested to watch the conversation between these two groups over the next few decades.

But category (1), people who really are miserable because they persistently feel they're in the wrong body, is different, and rarer.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,886.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I don't think so because I think it's a state of mind. Biology has proven that we are male and female so if you "think" you're the opposite sex you're wrong.

Except male and female are designations with varied and complex exceptions.

The vast majority of humanity are one of two:
1) Man, small gametes, XY chromosomes
2) Woman, large gametes, XX chromosomes

However those are not actually exhaustive in descriptions of humanity.

Aside from transgender people there are a number of intersex variants where chromosomes or sexual development do not follow the standard models.

Gender dysphoria is a medical condition that doctors have a number of treatments they proscribe and consider effective. The majority of people diagnosed with the condition also consider the treatments effective.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,886.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Typical leftist argument, if you think this represents the acceptance rates of the LGBTQ?+-347 community over the last 100 years your completely blind. The reason you can’t find any actual statistics about LGBTQ?+-347 acceptance over the last 100 years is because there were no such statistics conducted.
I wasn't discussion the details of acceptance rates... but I did present an example of a physical trait that was previously strongly discouraged then not and the perceived number increased. As I said, it was an analogous example.

Why would you expect there to be 100 years of data of acceptance of homosexuality? It was literally illegal in most of the world for much of that time.

I don't think out respective political or economic beliefs are relevant to your assertion that it was somehow contagious and spreading.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟932,886.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Why is that any different then being a homosexual and why can't it be an environmental cause?
It's different to homosexuality because those terms apply to different things.

Someone's status as transgender doesn't define what gender they are sexually attracted to.

For example it's not uncommon for someone who was assigned male at birth, but identifies as a transgender woman but is still only attracted to women.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.