God said: Remember the Sabbath day (Ex 20:8) - but from which past event?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The plucking of corn is breaking the Sabbath. They were guiltless because of Jesus authority over the Sabbath.
Sad. This basically is how the Pharisees thought. Makes Jesus a hypocrite which He wasn't as He condemned the Pharisees for breaking the commandments of God, but bent the rules for His apostles. Its not a sin to eat on the Sabbath, they were plucking grain to eat, no different than eating a piece of fruit from ones garden on the Sabbath, but believe what you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sad. This basically is how the Pharisees thought. Makes Jesus a hypocrite which He wasn't as He condemned the Pharisees for breaking the commandments of God, but bent the rules for His apostles. Its not a sin to eat on the Sabbath, they were plucking grain to eat, no different than eating a piece of fruit from ones garden on the Sabbath, but believe what you want.
You appear as making stuff up rather than applying God's word to understanding. What is sad is you cannot grasp the fact that 11 of the 12 tribes kept sabbath and Levites and Priests always served on Sabbath (they worked).
You fail to accept the fact that Sabbath is ceremonial and not a moral commandment because not everyone rests on Sabbath.
It should be clear that Jesus had authority and instructions from God. Noone is accusing Him of sin or breaking God's instructions for Him to follow.

As usual SB, our dialogs never end well. You can accuse me of thinking like a Pharisee and then go complain to CF staff because we don't agree.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The plucking of corn is breaking the Sabbath. They were guiltless because of Jesus authority over the Sabbath.
What thee were actually doing was walking through a field of grain, plucking the heads of grain off the tops of the stalks and rubbing them between their hands to remove the kernels from the chaff. It;s just like the Bible calls sheep and goats cattle.

Ezekiel 14: 17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Do you eat raw corn on the cob? I don't know of anyone who does.

Besides it was lawful under Jewish law to satisfy your hunger when walking through a vineyard, field or orchard. It was their custom since the days of Moses to allow that. What you're doing is saying it's unlawful to satisfy your hunger on Sabbath, i. e. unlawful to eat on Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You appear as making stuff up rather than applying God's word to understanding. What is sad is you cannot grasp the fact that 11 of the 12 tribes kept sabbath and Levites and Priests always served on Sabbath (they worked).
You fail to accept the fact that Sabbath is ceremonial and not a moral commandment because not everyone rests on Sabbath.
It should be clear that Jesus had authority and instructions from God. Noone is accusing Him of sin or breaking God's instructions for Him to follow.

As usual SB, our dialogs never end well. You can accuse me of thinking like a Pharisee and then go complain to CF staff because we don't agree.
You can't have it both ways, the apostles breaking the Sabbath- Jesus bending the rules for His apostles but condemning the Pharisees for breaking the commandments of God Mat 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-14. Jesus could not be our Savior if He did this. There is no law in the Sabbath commandment that one cannot eat on the Sabbath why Jesus said they were guiltless, not because Jesus allows some sin for His apostles and not for others. They were not harvesting grain, they were hungry, walking with Jesus eating grain along the way- because the Sabbath is meant to be a blessing, not full of man-made rules the Pharisees were adding to the commandments. This is why Jesus corrected them, being Lord of the Sabbath i.e. the Creator would know how it is to be kept. Made for man to bless Isa 58:13-14 Isa 56:1-6 and sanctify Eze 20:12 and eating on the Sabbath is not a sin.

The priests were not doing secular work, which is why they were held blameless- they were doing God's work on the Sabbath Isa 58:13 just like pastors today who preach God's Word on the Sabbath similar to what Jesus did Luke 4:16-30 and the apostles Acts 18:4 Acts 13:42-44- not breaking the Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What thee were actually doing was walking through a field of grain, plucking the heads of grain off the tops of the stalks and rubbing them between their hands to remove the kernels from the chaff. It;s just like the Bible calls sheep and goats cattle.

Ezekiel 14: 17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Do you eat raw corn on the cob? I don't know of anyone who does.

Besides it was lawful under Jewish law to satisfy your hunger when walking through a vineyard, field or orchard. It was their custom since the days of Moses to allow that. What you're doing is saying it's unlawful to satisfy your hunger on Sabbath, i. e. unlawful to eat on Sabbath.
If you understood how Sabbath is kept by Jews, you should know about the 39 types of work that is forbidden on the Sabbath.
  1. Sowing
  2. Plowing
  3. Reaping
  4. Binding sheaves
  5. Threshing
  6. Winnowing
  7. Selecting
  8. Grinding
  9. Sifting
  10. Kneading
  11. Baking
  12. Shearing wool
  13. Washing wool
  14. Beating wool
  15. Dyeing wool
  16. Spinning
  17. Weaving
  18. Making two loops
  19. Weaving two threads
  20. Separating two threads
  21. Tying
  22. Untying
  23. Sewing two stitches
  24. Tearing
  25. Trapping
  26. Slaughtering
  27. Flaying
  28. Salting meat
  29. Curing hide
  30. Scraping hide
  31. Cutting hide up
  32. Writing two letters
  33. Erasing two letters
  34. Building
  35. Tearing a building down
  36. Extinguishing a fire
  37. Kindling a fire
  38. Hitting with a hammer
  39. Taking an object from the private domain to the public, or transporting an object in the public domain.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The 4th commandment is completely explained in Ex 20 and Deut 5

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exo 20:11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Ex 20:8 is actually the commandment. It's addressing WHAT to keep (Sabbath) and WHO to keep it (Israel).
Ex20:9,10 explains HOW to keep it.
Ex20:11 explains WHY to keep it.

About 40yr after Ex 20, Moses remind Israel in Deut 5 that they were cowering in fear when God spoke from the burning bush.
Moses explains that he was the only one who could tell you what God said.

Deu 5:4The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5(I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,

Deu 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Deu 5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deu 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Deut 5:12 Moses is saying that God's commandment to you (Israel) is that you must keep the Sabbath day holy.
Deut 5:13, 14 explains with exact words as Ex 20 about HOW to keep the Sabbath.
Deut 5:15 gives a different reason WHY to keep the Sabbath.

The OP's objective is backdating Sabbath to creation, but the truth written both in Gen 2 and Ex 20 is that God rested and blessed the seventh day of creation.
God's rest was not accessible to man until God offered it. God did not keep Sabbath with man (No scripture says that), His rest has always been on His throne in heaven.
I'm not sure I understand the point you are making in Deut 5. This was 40 years after God gave them the commandments and Moses was repeating and reviewing them before they entered into Canaan for them to diligently keep. The Sabbath commandment is not plucked out of the Ten- they are a unit of 10 Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28, not nine or 1 breaking one we break them all James 2:10-12.

The Sabbath started at Creation. This is God personally writing these Words.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man Mark 2:27. Man was made on the sixth day in the image of God Gen 1:26 and when God rested on the Sabbath day at Creation I find it hard to believe that Adam and Eve rebelled against God right after they were created in His image and did not also rest with God, but did their own thing instead.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,064.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus wasn't a sinner.
He was not a sinner, because it was not a sin for him like it was not a sin for priests to work in the temple or for the king David to eat sacred breads.

He was not a sinner, because He was above the Sabbath and not bound by its limitations.

Read the whole text and the argumentation in it, not just the last sentence.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He was not a sinner, because it was not a sin for him like it was not a sin for priests to work in the temple or for the king David to eat sacred breads.

He was not a sinner, because He was above the Sabbath.
Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath - the Creator, you make it sound like the Sabbath was not something Jesus adhered to, even though He created it, He kept the Sabbath and all of the commandments to be our example. Heb 4:15 1 John 2:6

If He would have failed in one area, the whole plan of salvation would fail and we would all be lost. He did not sin because He did not break the Sabbath. He wasn't bending rules for some and condemning others for breaking the same rules. That makes Him a hypocrite and Jesus wasn't that either.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,064.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is the Creator of the Sabbath, you make it sound like the Sabbath was not something Jesus adhered to, even though He created it, He kept the Sabbath and all of the commandments to be our example. Heb 4:15 1 John 2:6

If He would have failed in one area, the whole plan of salvation would fail and we would all be lost. He did not sin because He did not break the Sabbath.
Just read the whole text. Not just the last sentence. Then you will see what the last sentence means.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just read the whole text. Not just the last sentence. Then you will see what the last sentence means.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree all gets sorted out soon enough. No one will be able to convince me Jesus broke the Sabbath and is a sinner or that He bended the rules for some and not others.

God is not partial. Romans 2:11 Colossians 3:25

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,064.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Guess we will have to agree to disagree all gets sorted out soon enough. No one will be able to convince me Jesus broke the Sabbath and is a sinner or that He bended the rules for some and not others.

God is not partial. Romans 2:11 Colossians 3:25
Jesus is not a sinner as priests are not sinners or as David did not sin eating the sacred bread. Read the whole story to understand this.

Jesus is above Sabbath. He is not bound by its limitations and regulations.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is not a sinner as priests are not sinners or as David did not sin eating the sacred bread.

Jesus is above Sabbath. He is not bound by its limitations and regulations.
Scripture please where it says Jesus is above the Sabbath as if He was not subject to His own rules. Jesus said He kept all of the commandments as He was not a sinner - my faith is in Him. John 15:10 1 Peter 2:21-22, Heb 4:15 John 8:46-47

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,064.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture please where it says Jesus is above the Sabbath as if He was not subject to His own rules.

Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Mk 2:28 (NIV)

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Mk 2:28 (NIV)
Lord of the Sabbath means He Created the Sabbath. It points us back to Him as the Creator Exo 20:11

The Sabbath of the Lord Exo 20:10 Lord of the Sabbath. Mat 2:28

Saying nothing about Him not being subject to His own commandments.

No point in debating further so take care. :)

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,064.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord of the Sabbath means He Created the Sabbath. It points us back to Him as the Creator Exo 20:11

The Sabbath of the Lord Exo 20:10 Lord of the Sabbath. Mat 2:28

Saying nothing about Him not being subject to His own commandments.

No point in debating further so take care. :)
Sabbath was not created, because its not a creation. It was a decree, rule.

Lord of the Sabbath means Jesus rules over it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We should obey God the way He asks and not was made popular by man. That what Jesus taught. Mat 5:19-14 Mark 7:7-13

Are you sure that you want to take that position Sabbathblessimgs? I do agree with your words here. We need to obey God the way He asks.

Are you familiar with Romans 14? I talks about some that wish to keep the Sabbath and those that treat every day alike? Does Paul condemn either group? No! He says who are you to judge another man’s servant?
The kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but justice and peace and joy of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Church worships everyday seven times per day. Do you really want to judge her because you worship on Saturday?
The Great commission was given to the Apostles. The word of God clearly says, I desire obedience rather than sacrifice, yet you think you can do better on your own? The Catholic Church recognizes you as Christian by baptism. If you contacted the Bishop in humility I am sure accommodations could be made for you and you do not have to cease honoring the Sabbath. Romans 14 tells the Church to do that, but if you persist in rebellion, what can be done for you?
The Church does not live to please all men and women, that would be an abject failure. We obey God and pray without ceasing honoring everyday alike for the Lord.

What has your rebellion cost you? Do you really keep all the commands of God?

Jesus says that any man look on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart? Do you believe that? If so, then why does SDA gloss over birth control and Paul tells us to flee from fornication? Contraception allows a man and woman to engage in lust and profane the marital act. God gave us sexual intercourse for the procreation of children. Pleasure is secondary.

When you remove the primary purpose of the marital act, over 90 years of experience shows us that you reap the consequences of shattered families by divorce, fornication and adultery. It turns the gift of God into a joke, alters the sexual roles ordained by God and has now even robbed us of knowing what a man or a woman even is, yet SDA does nothing by approving contraception.

The word of God says in Romans 1

32 Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them.

So you plan to appear before Christ and say yes, I knew what was going on, but at least I worshipped you on Saturday? What do you think He would say? You judged my servants without cause and you approved of those that flaunted my teaching on marriage. How can you say that you worshipped me but didn’t do anything that I said?

Nothing grieves me more than knowing that if you came to the Catholic Church, you could keep the Sabbath, and worship in peace, but persist in rebellion and disregard the other commands of God, I fear for you.

I cannot judge you as I don’t know what God will eventually do with you. I would pray that you see the truth and turn, and know God in greater ways than I ever have, but if you don’t repent, how is that going to happen?

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We've been discussing similar things on our other thread. Since when does the church have the right to tell its members to ignore what God plainly taught for millenia and say you can ignore what God has plainly said for thousands of years and do something different, i.e. substitute some other behavior in place of what God commanded?
Read Romans 14. The Sabbath is a shadow of things to come. Adam and Eve did not work in the Garden of Eden and no Sabbath was necessary. During the Old Covenant God gave the Sabbath to man to rest from His labors and to remember his God as Adam did prior to the fall. Like I said, now that Christ has died and resurrected, He said, It is finished. The Church no longer lives under a curse, but has been redeemed. She prays and worships every day, seven times per day. What more would continuing the Jewish Sabbath do for her?
Pretty much cannot get more than everyday.

We follow the Apostolic faith and as such we are part of the communion of saints. Christ is one body with many members. It is in obedience to her, the Apostolic Church, that we show our death of self, take up our cross, and follow our Lord

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure that you want to take that position Sabbathblessimgs? I do agree with your words here. We need to obey God the way He asks.

Are you familiar with Romans 14? I talks about some that wish to keep the Sabbath and those that treat every day alike? Does Paul condemn either group? No! He says who are you to judge another man’s servant?
The kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but justice and peace and joy of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Church worships everyday seven times per day. Do you really want to judge her because you worship on Saturday?
The Great commission was given to the Apostles. The word of God clearly says, I desire obedience rather than sacrifice, yet you think you can do better on your own? The Catholic Church recognizes you as Christian by baptism. If you contacted the Bishop in humility I am sure accommodations could be made for you and you do not have to cease honoring the Sabbath. Romans 14 tells the Church to do that, but if you persist in rebellion, what can be done for you?
Please quote where it says the Sabbath in all of Romans 14. I would not add what is not there. Especially when one is trying to alter one of God's commandments where He clearly says not to. Deut 4:2 Mat 5:18
What has your rebellion cost you? Do you really keep all the commands of God?

Jesus says that any man look on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart? Do you believe that? If so, then why does SDA gloss over birth control and Paul tells us to flee from fornication? Contraception allows a man and woman to engage in lust and profane the marital act. God gave us sexual intercourse for the procreation of children. Pleasure is secondary.
So married people shouldn't live responsibly if they can't afford children, no scripture says intercourse for married people is only to make children.. I'm not sure I would want to go down that road concerning the safety of children and considering all the things the Catholic church has done that is against God's law. Going as far as saying they are above the Bible- God's Word that is to be our path Psa 119:105.

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'
—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

If Protestants would follow the Bible, they would worship God on the Sabbath Day. In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church.
—Albert Smith, Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the Cardinal, in a letter dated February 10, 1920.

Sounds like the warning in Dan 7:25

Jesus told us to keep God's commandments, not the commandments of man. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8

The word of God says in Romans 1

32 Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them.

So you plan to appear before Christ and say yes, I knew what was going on, but at least I worshipped you on Saturday? What do you think He would say? You judged my servants without cause and you approved of those that flaunted my teaching on marriage. How can you say that you worshipped me but didn’t do anything that I said?

Nothing grieves me more than knowing that if you came to the Catholic Church, you could keep the Sabbath, and worship in peace, but persist in rebellion and disregard the other commands of God, I fear for you.

I cannot judge you as I don’t know what God will eventually do with you. I would pray that you see the truth and turn, and know God in greater ways than I ever have, but if you don’t repent, how is that going to happen?
No one ever said we are only judged by keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath commandment is part of a unit of Ten written by the finger of God-Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 no greater Authority than He and what man is judged by- breaking one we break them all. James 2:10-12. Keeping the Sabbath shows we are worshipping the one True God Eze 20:20 the God of Creation Exo 2:11 the only God that has the power to sanctify us as we can't sanctify ourselves Eze 20:12 and the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Please quote where it says the Sabbath in all of Romans 14. I would not add what is not there. Especially when one is trying to alter one of God's commandments where He clearly says not to. Deut 4:2 Mat 5:18

So married people shouldn't live responsibly if they can't afford children, no scripture says intercourse for married people is only to make children.. I'm not sure I would want to go down that road concerning the safety of children and considering all the things the Catholic church has done that is against God's law. Going as far as saying they are above the Bible- God's Word that is to be our path Psa 119:105.

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'
—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

If Protestants would follow the Bible, they would worship God on the Sabbath Day. In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church.
—Albert Smith, Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the Cardinal, in a letter dated February 10, 1920.

Sounds like the warning in Dan 7:25

Jesus told us to keep God's commandments, not the commandments of man. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8

No one ever said we are only judged by keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath commandment is part of a unit of Ten written by the finger of God-Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 no greater Authority than He and what man is judged by- breaking one we break them all. James 2:10-12. Keeping the Sabbath shows we are worshipping the one True God Eze 20:20 the God of Creation Exo 2:11 the only God that has the power to sanctify us as we can't sanctify ourselves Eze 20:12 and the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7
Romans 14 says one man puts one day above another another man views everyday alike. I have shown you that it is a perfect example of a Catholic and an SDA.
Who are you to judge another man’ servant? What gives you the right?

The Apostles were given that right by God. Jesus Himself said that I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven whatever you bind on Earth is bound in heaven. Whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Also He said to the Apostles to go into the world and preach the Gospel to all nations teaching them to obey all I have commanded you, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit. He gave the authority to them. Who gave it to you?
Catholics do not judge SDA and recognizes you as Christian yet you judge us? Who then obeys the Bible?

You wish to use the Sabbath to judge God’s servants and get them to bow down to you. It does not honor God, it honors you. Further evidence of your error is your misunderstanding of marriage. You want men to be subject to women. Contraception gives them that power.
The Bible says wives be subject to your husbands not the other way around. I do not advocate irresponsible marriage. A man cannot have a responsible marriage unless he is able to control his libido and mortify his flesh. A man behaves with duty and honor.

A woman offering contraceptive sex to a man is no different from a harlot or prostitute that offers her body for rent to pleasure the man. A woman that refuses her body to her husband is no different than a deceiver or thief once she has taken the marriage vow. She promised to become one flesh and be subject to her husband yet she refuses, rather she says treat me as a harlot, I don’t want to be a wife today. That is contraception.

A man confronted with a woman like that is a fool if he subjects himself to her, neither will a righteous man use force to subject his wife to himself. A righteous man would merely pity the woman treating him this way. He tells her I fear not your threats of desertion, I worship the most high God and obey His commands, I cannot do what you ask, and I will give myself to fasting and prayer. A just man rules himself and will not allow himself to be ruled by his wife. How do I know? Because my wife left me for a time, she was very angry, but I treated her justly and she said that she was amazed that I meant what I said when I told her I obey God. She came back and we love each other more than if I had caved to her and obeyed her demands. A woman loves a man, not a simp she can boss around.
God’s commands set us free. The SDA does not understand this when they teach contraception. They are as the blind leading the blind, and it is a sad state.

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14 says one man puts one day above another another man views everyday alike. I have shown you that it is a perfect example of a Catholic and an SDA.
Who are you to judge another man’ servant? What gives you the right?

The Apostles were given that right by God. Jesus Himself said that I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven whatever you bind on Earth is bound in heaven. Whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Also He said to the Apostles to go into the world and preach the Gospel to all nations teaching them to obey all I have commanded you, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit. He gave the authority to them. Who gave it to you?
Catholics do not judge SDA and recognizes you as Christian yet you judge us? Who then obeys the Bible?

You wish to use the Sabbath to judge God’s servants and get them to bow down to you. It does not honor God, it honors you. Further evidence of your error is your misunderstanding of marriage. You want men to be subject to women. Contraception gives them that power.
The Bible says wives be subject to your husbands not the other way around. I do not advocate irresponsible marriage. A man cannot have a responsible marriage unless he is able to control his libido and mortify his flesh. A man behaves with duty and honor.

A woman offering contraceptive sex to a man is no different from a harlot or prostitute that offers her body for rent to pleasure the man. A woman that refuses her body to her husband is no different than a deceiver or thief once she has taken the marriage vow. She promised to become one flesh and be subject to her husband yet she refuses, rather she says treat me as a harlot, I don’t want to be a wife today. That is contraception.

A man confronted with a woman like that is a fool if he subjects himself to her, neither will a righteous man use force to subject his wife to himself. A righteous man would merely pity the woman treating him this way. He tells her I fear not your threats of desertion, I worship the most high God and obey His commands, I cannot do what you ask, and I will give myself to fasting and prayer. A just man rules himself and will not allow himself to be ruled by his wife. How do I know? Because my wife left me for a time, she was very angry, but I treated her justly and she said that she was amazed that I meant what I said when I told her I obey God. She came back and we love each other more than if I had caved to her and obeyed her demands. A woman loves a man, not a simp she can boss around.
God’s commands set us free. The SDA does not understand this when they teach contraception. They are as the blind leading the blind, and it is a sad state.

Rom 14:15 is referring to opinions of man, not what day God esteems over all others- the Sabbath is My holy day, the seventh day is the Sabbath Exo 20:10 Isa 58:13 which is why Romans 14 never once mentions the Sabbath. Man adds it there because that's their will, not God's. God said Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy- man says forget. My faith is in Him.

There is no scripture about preventing births in a responsible way. There is about murder.

This what Jesus said is the blind leading the blind and that is when we keep our rules over the commandments of God and quoted directly from the Ten Commandments. Jesus also said not one dot of an i or cross of a t could be changed from His law. Mat 5:18 My faith again is in Him and His every Word.

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father [a]or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. All gets sorted out soon enough, but we are warned to come out of Babylon and our false teachings Acts 18:4 Jesus said keeping our rules over the commandments of God is false worship and true worship is keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12 Jesus kept all of the commandments including the Sabbath and He is the Way and our example to follow. 1 John 2:6

Upvote 0