Are God's Ten Commandments good or bad for Christians?

• Yes. (they are included in God's the Law of Love, and in the New Covenant of Jer 31:31-33)

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No they are not good

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Some of them are good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You said the following in answer to what was said above.

First thing is no one said she said the book of the law was the covenant.

She said as noted in the quote below the Mosaic Law was. This would include the Book of the Law and the Decalogue.

But keep in mind that we agree that the Ten God gave are according to the word of God the Covenant.
Deut 4:13,14 state this plainly.

Deut 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deut 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

What you are not seeing is that the Book of the Law, which would be the Mosaic Law is of the Covenant. The Book of the covenant is not saying the book is a covenant or the covenant. It is saying the book of the Law is of the covenant. OF is not a or the.
The word AND in Deut 4:14 means in addition to. Deut 5:22 says No more was added to the Ten Commanemnts. It is a standalone unit engraved by God personally.

Book “of” the covenant or Book “of” the law is referring to what Moses hand wrote in a book that was placed outside the ark of the covenant Deut 31:26 The Ten Commandments was placed inside the ark- its a standalone unit that came before the book of the law as it is what defines sin. Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30

Regardless if the book of the covenant is called a covenant or not, its not a salvation issue so not interested in pursing further so I guess we will have to agree to disagree friend. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
26 The Ten Commandments was placed inside the ark- its a standalone unit that came before the book of the law as it is what defines sin. Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30

Then according to your theology for the sake of the argument that you are putting forward it is not a sin to be a homosexual, lay with beasts, and not tell what we have witnessed in respect to a crime to name a few.

And while we are at it, Matthew 5's context continues well into chapter 7. So, what of all the Things mentioned that are not of the Ten but are from the Book of the Law? Apparently, Jesus' list of what sin is, is a bit larger then yours.
Regardless if the book of the covenant is called a covenant or not, its not a salvation issue so not interested in pursing further so I guess we will have to agree to disagree friend. :)
It is a salvation issue if we teach untruths. Your own church does not support what you teach. Nor does EGW. The Book of the Law is not a separate Covenant. It is OF the Covenant.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Someone is, that is for sure.
Can't be you or I huh? We are always right.

So how can Pentecost exist, without Feast of Unleavened bread. And what good is Passover, without Unleavened bread. I think this is why Paul said to "Keep the Feast".
1Cor 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Cor 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1Cor 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

The leavened mentioned in verse 6 is sin. In this instance it is the sin being mentioned in the previous text.

1Cor 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Verses 5, 6 and 7 call us to purge out the unrepented sinner, they whom are leaven from the congregation because a little sin, leaven can leaven the whole Church which is to be unleavened, sinless.

1Cor 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

We are to keep the feast constantly. It is in the present tense. For we are unleaven, sin free through Christ our passover. We have partook of the lamb. So As He is unleavened, so are we in this world.

1Cor 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Cor 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Cor 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then according to your theology for the sake of the argument that you are putting forward it is not a sin to be a homosexual, lay with beasts, and not tell what we have witnessed in respect to a crime to name a few.

And while we are at it, Matthew 5's context continues well into chapter 7. So, what of all the Things mentioned that are not of the Ten but are from the Book of the Law? Apparently, Jesus' list of what sin is, is a bit larger then yours.
Why would you make that conclusion. The Ten covers so much more than stated as shown by Jesus in Mat 5:19-30. Wouldn't that not be under lust? I never stated there weren't other laws aside from the Ten or all of the law of Moses ended- they are just separate covenants that serve different purposes. In God's Covenant He only wrote Ten Commandments Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 and added no more Deut 5:22, why only the Ten was placed inside the ark. I believe if one was keeping each of the Ten Commandments perfectly the way they were meant spiritually which is greater than the letter, not lessor everything God's asks would be kept. His perfect law of liberty.

I can't speak for all Adventist, but most SDA Pastors that I know teach and do not believe the law of Moses is part of the Ten Commandments. God named them TEN for a reason and added no more Deut 5:22 The Ten are eternal- they didn't start at Mt Sinai the law of Moses was added because of transgression- they can't be the same my friend. I personally know of no Adventist that teaches the Ten Commandments is the law of Moses or the same covenant.

A few EGW quotes an SDA friend gave me

If man had kept the law of God, as given to Adam after his fall, preserved in the ark by Noah, and observed by Abraham, there would have been no necessity for the ordinance of circumcision. And if the descendants of Abraham had kept the covenant, of which circumcision was a token or pledge, they would never have gone into idolatry, nor been suffered to go down into Egypt; and there would have been no necessity of God’s proclaiming his law from Sinai, and engraving it upon tables of stone, and guarding it by definite directions in the judgments and statutes given to Moses. { 1SP 264.2 }
Moses wrote these judgments and statutes from the mouth of God while he was with him in the mount. If the people of God had obeyed the principles of the ten commandments, there would have been no need of the specific directions given to Moses, which he wrote in a book, relative to their duty to God and to one another. The definite directions which the Lord gave to Moses in regard to the duty of his people to one another, and to the stranger, are the principles of the ten commandments simplified and given in a definite manner, that they need not err. { 1SP 265.1 }
The Lord instructed Moses definitely in regard to the ceremonial sacrifices, which were to cease at the death of Christ. The system of sacrifices foreshadowed the offering of Christ as a Lamb without blemish. { 1SP 266.3 }

It is a salvation issue if we teach untruths. Your own church does not support what you teach. Nor does EGW. The Book of the Law is not a separate Covenant. It is OF the Covenant.
In my opinion regardless if one "calls" it the law of Moses or calls the law of Moses a covenant I don't think God will keep us from heaven over what a "word" is called. I pray for you my friend to 100% never be mistaken on anything in God’s Word. Which would make you infallible. The book of the covenant is the book friend, placed outside the ark, what was written by Moses, not the Ten written by God alone. He said and wrote the Words of His covenant and added No More.

Take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The context of my question was animal sacrifices. Of course we make sacrifices to God- we must die daily of self.

How do you keep the feast days? Just curious since you brought it up.

It doesn't matter if "I", a nobody, a vapor, hear today gone tomorrow, esteems one day above another, or esteems every day the same. What matters, in my view, is what the God who inspired the Holy Scriptures teach and whether or not a person believes Him. You are preaching that God's Feast Days are tied to the Levitical Priesthood animal sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin. God's Word has shown us both that this is not true. That Passover was given to Abraham's Children, even before God's Weekly Sabbath or even the 10 commandments. That Feast of Unleavened Bread was given long before God instituted the Priesthood Covenant with Levi. And God has shown us both through HIS Word that HE doesn't make any difference between His Feast, the Sabbath and His Feast, Passover or Feast of Trumpets or any of God's Holy Feasts. He plkaces no separation between them.

This world's religions do, but not God.

What a person does with this knowledge, is what counts in my view. Do they ignore it and continue with the crowd in whatever of this world's religious businesses and Sects or social clubs they have adopted? Or do they become renewed in their mind and put on the New Man, which after God is created in righteousness and true Holiness, even if it costs them?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter if "I", a nobody, a vapor, hear today gone tomorrow, esteems one day above another, or esteems every day the same. What matters, in my view, is what the God who inspired the Holy Scriptures teach and whether or not a person believes Him. You are preaching that God's Feast Days are tied to the Levitical Priesthood animal sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin. God's Word has shown us both that this is not true. That Passover was given to Abraham's Children, even before God's Weekly Sabbath or even the 10 commandments. That Feast of Unleavened Bread was given long before God instituted the Priesthood Covenant with Levi. And God has shown us both through HIS Word that HE doesn't make any difference between His Feast, the Sabbath and His Feast, Passover or Feast of Trumpets or any of God's Holy Feasts. He plkaces no separation between them.

This world's religions do, but not God.

What a person does with this knowledge, is what counts in my view. Do they ignore it and continue with the crowd in whatever of this world's religious businesses and Sects or social clubs they have adopted? Or do they become renewed in their mind and put on the New Man, which after God is created in righteousness and true Holiness, even if it costs them?
We have a different view of the feast days, I do not believe the feast days started at Creation or equal to the seventh day Sabbath commandment, that was written by the finger of God, the annual feast days came after the fall of man and always pointed forward to Christ, who is our Passover Lamb 1 Cor 5:7. You even stated you don‘t “keep” Passover— you do not kill a Lamb but spiritualize it in remembrance of Him- which is what I do at communion. If you want to keep them, keep them unto the Lord. Only God is our righteous Judge, so let’s leave that to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟387,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
In addition to SB's post above.

Ten CommandmentsLaw of Moses
Law of the Lord (Isaiah 5:24)Law of Moses (Luke 2:22)
Royal law (James 2:8)Law contained in ordinances (Ephesians 2:15)
Written by God on stone (Exodus 31:18; 32:16)Written by Moses in a book (2 Chronicles 25:12)
Placed inside the ark (Exodus 40:20)Placed in the side (beside) the ark (Deuteronomy 31:26)
Will stand forever (Luke 16:17)Nailed to the cross (Ephesians 2:15)
Points out sin (Romans 7:7; 3:20)Added because of sin (Galatians 3:19)
Not burdensome (1 John 5:3)Contrary to us, against us (Deuteronomy 10:2; 31:26, Colossians 2:14)
Judges all people (James 2:10-12)Judges no one (Colossians 2:14-16)
Spiritual (Romans 7:14)Fleshly (Hebrews 7:16)
Perfect (Psalms 19:7)Made nothing perfect (Hebrews 7:19)

Two Laws: Moral and Ceremonial

Many try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished, but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and priesthood. This ritual law with its sacrifices and ordinances was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ “took ... out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14. { EP 255.3 }

But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, “Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.” Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law... . Verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches that the claims of God’s law should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain. { EP 255.4 }

Concerning the law proclaimed from Sinai, Nehemiah says, “Thou camest down also upon Mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments.” Nehemiah 9:13. And Paul, “the apostle to the Gentiles,” declares, “the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12. { EP 255.5 }

While the Saviour’s death brought to an end the law of types and shadows, it did not detract from the obligation of the moral law. The very fact that it was necessary for Christ to die in order to atone for the transgression of that law, proves it to be immutable. { EP 256.1 }

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can't be you or I huh? We are always right.

LOL, well to be honest, you said I didn't understand Paul. Implying that I am not always right, but you are, which is debatable. I said "someone" doesn't understand Paul, which is undeniably true and not debatable.

LOL, so in this exchange between us, it's 1 to 0 in favor of me :p.

My point to SB, founded in Scripture, is that the first command given Abraham's children in Egypt, was Passover.

Ex. 12: 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: 4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

This was followed by the 2nd command, which was Feast of Unleavened bread. Passover without unleavened bread is incomplete. Unleavened bread without Passover is vanity. The entire purpose of Passover was to give Israel another chance to be unleavened.

SB was trying to tie God's Holy Days, to a Priesthood Covenant with Levi that was not "ADDED" until after Israel Transgressed. Promoting the popular religious philosophy that if the instruction to kill animals before sins would be forgiven has become obsolete, then Passover and Unleavened Bread has also become obsolete. If they are become obsolete, it isn't because they were tied to a Priesthood that was "ADDED" till the seed should come, because they clearly were not.

1Cor 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Cor 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1Cor 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

The leavened mentioned in verse 6 is sin. In this instance it is the sin being mentioned in the previous text.

Well, why start in verse 4?

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

So this church, who calls Jesus Lord, Lord, were practicing or accepting a tradition of "having his father's wife" which was against God's Commandment.

Lev. 18: 7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. 8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Personally I believe Paul is speaking to their father's religions, and religious traditions, "playing the harlot" and so on. But certainly could be talking about the practice of flirting or messing around with one of their father's wife's.

As you can see, both Jesus and Paul, and the God they both served, has already judged against such behavior or traditions, as they transgress the commandments of God. We could easily and truthfully say, "Beware of the Leaven of the Corinthian Christians" and be justified in the statement.

1Cor 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Verses 5, 6 and 7 call us to purge out the unrepented sinner, they whom are leaven from the congregation because a little sin, leaven can leaven the whole Church which is to be unleavened, sinless.

So you are right about the congregation being defiled by doctrines and traditions which are wrought in man and not God. But this would also be for the individual whose sin has come to his knowledge, that he should purge out the sin, or as it is said in another place, "be renewed in the spirit of your mind", and be unleavened, or as it is said in another place, " And that ye put on the new man, (Lump) which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. If a man continues in the doctrine or tradition that transgresses God's Commandments, it will not only leaven him, but spread to others, like Eve's Leaven did. Before you know it, you will have entire religions who call Jesus Lod, Lord, but reject God's Judgments, Commandments and Statutes.

1Cor 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

We are to keep the feast constantly. It is in the present tense. For we are unleaven, sin free through Christ our passover. We have partook of the lamb. So As He is unleavened, so are we in this world.

Yes, the 7 days symbolizes our whole life. That was the truth then, and it is still the truth today, for those who believe God. Do you really believe the Feast of Unleavened bread was instituted by God so Israel would only be "sin free" for 7 days? Or was the Feast to symbolize and remind them each year, like Passover, to strive against Sin in this life?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, the 7 days symbolizes our whole life. That was the truth then, and it is still the truth today, for those who believe God. Do you really believe the Feast of Unleavened bread was instituted by God so Israel would only be "sin free" for 7 days? Or was the Feast to symbolize and remind them each year, like Passover, to strive against Sin in this life?
The purging out of the known sin, leaven of others in the church is the context. He is speaking to a people that are or are to be unleavened, sinless. These whom are sinless, unleavened are so because they partook of the Passover lamb and thereby are one with Christ and also partook of His death and resurrection and are living a new life through Christ. We are unleavened as a church and are to remain so because Christ are Passover was sacrificed for us. That is the context. This unleavenedness is to be kept, solemnized forever, not the festival. Christ are Passover is not sacrificed over and over again. So as Christ instituted communion to be done OFTEN in remembrance of Him, our Passover lamb. So shall we constantly purge out the leaven from our house the church so as we remain a new lump in Him.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The purging out of the known sin, leaven of others in the church is the context. He is speaking to a people that are or are to be unleavened, sinless. These whom are sinless, unleavened are so because they partook of the Passover lamb and thereby are one with Christ and also partook of His death and resurrection and are living a new life through Christ. We are unleavened as a church and are to remain so because Christ are Passover was sacrificed for us. That is the context. This unleavenedness is to be kept, solemnized forever, not the festival. Christ are Passover is not sacrificed over and over again. So as Christ instituted communion to be done OFTEN in remembrance of Him, our Passover lamb. So shall we constantly purge out the leaven from our house the church so as we remain a new lump in Him.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the Catholic, SDA, JW, LDS, Baptist and other religious sect's philosophy, concerning God's Holy Feasts and Judgments, many of which were founded by the council of Niciah centuries ago.

But I'm not convinced by Scriptures that it is God's instruction for me to reject HIS Holy Feasts "days", but still expect to be learned of Him or "unleavened". In the Examples God had written for our admonition, the death angel only passed over Israel once, in the first Passover. And yet, God instructed them to keep His Feast from year to year. And when people ask about the Feast,

2Ex. 12:5 And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the LORD will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service. 26 And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service? 27 That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

So in my understanding, this Story was written for my admonition. (1 cor. 10) As well as the admonition of the first Church of God under God's New Priesthood "after the order of Melchizedek". And this first church of God after the death and resurrection of the Prophesied Christ, Kept the Feast of Unleavened bread, as shown by them counting the days correctly so as to be gathered together on God's Holy Feast of Weeks, AKA Pentecost. And according to Peter, this obedience was the very reason why God gave them His Holy Spirit, even as HE gave Zacharias, and Simeon, and Anna and Caleb, and all the Examples of obedient, AKA, Faithful men given us by God in Scriptures. And Paul was also careful to continue in obedience to God, even where His Feasts were concerned, long after Jesus ascended to His Father and my Father.

Acts 18: 19 And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews. 20 When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not; 21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

So the purpose of the Feast year to year, was not to keep killing the Passover Lamb, rather, as a memorial to keep us and those who would ask in remembrance of what God did to free me from being held captive as a slave to sin. And the Journey to sinlessness which follows.

Jesus knew that those who believed God would continue in the memorial, as they were instructed. The memorial still included consuming His Blood and flesh, (None of the meat shall be left until morning), but in a different service.

Luke 22: 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

By reason of use, I understand God's instruction differently than you, and can see why God would want me to trust HIM in them, even today, as Paul did in his time. I am always amazed at God's Choice of "Yeast" to represent "sin" in His Holy Feast. Try going 7 days without yeast in your life.

I learned so much about God, sin, and my flesh through this Feast over the last 30 years, and can see why God instructed His People to, not just hear His ways, but to "walk in" or be a "Doer of" His Ways, as did Jesus and the Faithful.

I appreciate your perspective having grew up in it myself. But I'm a different man today, because of God's instruction. And I'm not ashamed of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you a question SB, on this Holy of Days. Didn't Israel break this Covenant? Once the Covenant is broken, isn't it gone? I'm asking because you said you are relying mostly on your own study, so I just wanted to get your take regarding this issue. I would truly appreciate an answer to the question. Didn't Israel void this covenant God made with them with the Golden calf?
Jer 31:31-34 addresses both the OC and the NC and the breaking of the Old Covenant.

However God's covenant with Israel remained in effect as Dan 9 shows us - many centuries after the Sinai event.

Both covenants contain the moral law of God and the moral law of God includes the TEN as we see in Eph 6:2.
The moral law of God defines what sin is 1 John 3:4 and that "includes" the TEN but is not limited to the TEN as we see in places like Matt 22 and the "Two great commandments".

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the Catholic, SDA, JW, LDS, Baptist and other religious sect's philosophy, concerning God's Holy Feasts and Judgments, many of which were founded by the council of Niciah centuries ago.
Wonderful, what was written to you has nothing to do with what they say. IT did not come from any of them
But I'm not convinced by Scriptures that it is God's instruction for me to reject HIS Holy Feasts "days",
WE are unleavened is PRESENT tense. And it is stated indicatively. So it is a fact, for Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us. Living in a constant state of unleavenedness through Christ our Passover is not rejecting it is embracing the reality and thereby keeping always.

There is more in your post that needs addressed, but alas; we owe, we owe, so off to work we go.

May the Lord continue to bless us all in all His Way, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jer 31:31-34 addresses both the OC and the NC and the breaking of the Old Covenant.

However God's covenant with Israel remained in effect as Dan 9 shows us - many centuries after the Sinai event.

The covenant God made with Israel when they left Egypt was broken. God was going to wipe them all out and make a great nation from Moses. It wasn't until after Moses went up the second time, did God institute another covenant. This time, HE "ADDED" provisions requiring sacrificial "works" by the individual before the Priest would provide forgiveness. It was a corrupted version of these sacrificial "works of the Law" that the Pharisees were still promoting, for the remission of sins, which was necessary for a person to become righteous, "Till the Seed should come, or as it is written in another place "After those days".

The Jews promoted that it was the Sacrifices or "works of the Law" that cleansed them. Paul taught that Abraham was cleansed "apart" from this LAW that was "ADDED" 430 years after God blessed Isaac "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

Jeremiah confirms this.

Jer. 7: 22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: 23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

What happened?

24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

Hebrews also confirms this.

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

SB was teaching that Passover and Unleavened Bread were part of this Priesthood Covenant God made with Levi after the Golden Calf. And that when the Sacrificial Law "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin became old and vanished, so did Passover and Unleavened bread. I was showing her that Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread were both given to Israel, before God instituted LAWS "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin. The Truth is that God gave them HIS Feast of Passover and HIS Feast of Unleavened bread even before He gave them His Feast, the weekly Sabbath. And all before the Golden calf. The point being that the Law which was ADDED, because of transgressions, was not Passover, Unleavened bread or God's Holy Sabbath. As it is written, it was the Priesthood that changed.

Both covenants contain the moral law of God and the moral law of God includes the TEN as we see in Eph 6:2.

Absolutely, it was not the 10 commandments that were "ADDED" because of Transgression till the Seed should come.

The moral law of God defines what sin is 1 John 3:4 and that "includes" the TEN but is not limited to the TEN as we see in places like Matt 22 and the "Two great commandments".

Absolutely. As God defined for us in His Own promise of a New covenant, there were only 2 things that were to change.

#1. The manner in which a man receives God's Laws. "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that "another priest" should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

#2. The manner in which forgiveness of sins are provided for. "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

As the Hebrews author also understand.

Heb. 10: 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Passover, Feast of Unleavened bread, God's Holy Sabbaths and His other Feasts have nothing to do with the Law that was "ADDED" because of Transgressions.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The covenant God made with Israel when they left Egypt was broken. God was going to wipe them all out and make a great nation from Moses. It wasn't until after Moses went up the second time, did God institute another covenant. This time, HE "ADDED" provisions requiring sacrificial "works" by the individual before the Priest would provide forgiveness. It was a corrupted version of these sacrificial "works of the Law" that the Pharisees were still promoting, for the remission of sins, which was necessary for a person to become righteous, "Till the Seed should come, or as it is written in another place "After those days".
Genesis 4 - God gave the sacrificial system to mankind at Eden - with the fall of Adam.
All of the Patriarchs observed it.
However long after Sinai we see Daniel going to God directly in prayer without priest or sacrifice - confessing his sins and the sins of his people.

That is because as Gal 1:6-9 points out - there is only one Gospel and that one and only Gospel "Was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8.
Animal blood never did forgive sins according to Heb 10:4 -- it was always the blood of Christ.
The Jews promoted that it was the Sacrifices or "works of the Law" that cleansed them.
true , they got all messed up in their traditions as Christ points out in Mark 7:7-13
Paul taught that Abraham was cleansed "apart" from this LAW that was "ADDED" 430 years after God blessed Isaac
The tablets of stone - the Ten Commandments given at Sinai were always in force and hence it was always a sin to "take God's name in vain or murder or dishonor parents" or choose not to love God with all your heart and soul.

Yet you cannot find "do not take God's name in vain" before Sinai or in the New Testament.

But all of the yearly annual sacrifice feasts and holy days were "added at Sinai" - you cannot find them before that nor does it appear that anyone kept them before Sinai. They were "added 430 years later" after the gospel was preached to Abraham.
Indeed - the moral law of God was there before Sinai. But Abraham was offering the same animal sacrifices that mankind started with in Genesis 4.
Well on the day when God brought them out - he gave no instruction about yearly animal sacrifices or the priesthood until Sinai. It is only after that rebellion at Sinai that we see the priesthood instituted.
SB was teaching that Passover and Unleavened Bread were part of this Priesthood Covenant God made with Levi after the Golden Calf. And that when the Sacrificial Law "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin became old and vanished, so did Passover and Unleavened bread.
Heb 10:4-8 says that at the cross Christ "took away the first to establish the second" in regard to animal sacrifice and offerings.
Without those sacrifices and offerings there is "no liturgy left" for observing Passover and Unleavened bread as I understand it.
I was showing her that Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread were both given to Israel, before God instituted LAWS "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin.
Ok so you are saying that while in Egypt they had the commands about Passover and Unleavened bread - but neither was a day of "Holy convocation" a "day of Sabbath rest" as we see it in Lev 23 because they were in Egypt preparing for a great Exodus.
The Truth is that God gave them HIS Feast of Passover and HIS Feast of Unleavened bread even before He gave them His Feast, the weekly Sabbath.
Ex 20:11 says God gave them the Sabbath in Gen 2:2-3 on the day when He sanctified it, made it holy , made it binding , obligatory for mankind.

Therefore in Mark 2:27 "Sabbath was made for mankind" (not Sabbath was made for Jews)
And then He adds "not mankind made for the Sabbath" -- which speaks of the making of both in Gen 1-2.
And all before the Golden calf. The point being that the Law which was ADDED, because of transgressions, was not Passover, Unleavened bread or God's Holy Sabbath. As it is written, it was the Priesthood that changed.
I agree with that. It was the priesthood that changed after rebellion
Passover, Feast of Unleavened bread, God's Holy Sabbaths and His other Feasts have nothing to do with the Law that was "ADDED" because of Transgressions.
ok I see your point on that one.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful, what was written to you has nothing to do with what they say. IT did not come from any of them.

Its the exact same doctrine, "We keep the Sabbath Day Holy every day".
WE are unleavened is PRESENT tense. And it is stated indicatively. So it is a fact, for Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us. Living in a constant state of unleavenedness through Christ our Passover is not rejecting it is embracing the reality and thereby keeping always.

Yes, that is the reason for the "7 day" Feast, which is symbolic of the rest of our lives. In the same way the wine and unleavened bread is symbolic of the blood and flesh of the Passover Lamb, the Christ, that we are commanded to eat, to have Life. In the same way six days of the week is given us to prepare for the 7th day, is symbolic of removing the Leaven from our house in preparation for the Promised Land. (Kingdom)

This is embracing the reality of God and trusting in HIS Ways and believing His Purpose, in my view. It is a Biblical fact that God, the God of the Bible, "Esteemed one day above another". And also a fact that Jesus said to "Be perfect even as this same God is perfect". Not my view of perfection, or one of the many religions of this world's view of perfection, But as God is perfect. So HE gave His People HIS Holy Days. Who am I to question Him, or reject the Days HE esteemed above others as if I don't need them. Jesus didn't, and neither did Paul.

Does it matter? Maybe not. But the Biblical Truth is, these Days God Esteemed as Holy, are not religious traditions of man, but God's instruction in righteousness. So how does a man who has "Yielded himself" a servant to obey God, honor Him in Days HE set apart as Holy? I know what Jesus did.

Anyway, these are good discussions for men, who are Seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness, to have, in my view.

Don't work to hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 4 - God gave the sacrificial system to mankind at Eden - with the fall of Adam.
All of the Patriarchs observed it.

I know this is what you have been convinced of. But Abraham was not instructed to bring a goat to the Levite Priest and kill it for his sins. And Jeremiah was Inspired by God. I agree that Passover was known of and observed from the very beginning, since the Christ was slain from the foundation of the world. But Abraham was not under the Priesthood "After the Order of Aaron". This is simply undeniable Biblical Fact.

However long after Sinai we see Daniel going to God directly in prayer without priest or sacrifice - confessing his sins and the sins of his people.

Where is it written that a man cannot pray to God without a Priest present?

That is because as Gal 1:6-9 points out - there is only one Gospel and that one and only Gospel "Was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8.
Animal blood never did forgive sins according to Heb 10:4 -- it was always the blood of Christ.

This is true, Nevertheless, after the Golden Calf God instituted sacrificial works required by the individual before the Priest would provide for forgiveness of his sin. Abraham was forgiven/justified, but not by these "Works of the Law" because they were not ADDED until 430 years after God blessed Isaac "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws"

It wasn't the "LAWS" that blessed Isaac, it was God, in the same way it wasn't animal blood that cleansed the man, it was God. Abraham wasn't under the Priesthood "After the order of Aaron", rather, he was under the Priesthood "After the Order of Melchizedek". This is simply undeniable biblical Truth.
true , they got all messed up in their traditions as Christ points out in Mark 7:7-13

The tablets of stone - the Ten Commandments given at Sinai were always in force and hence it was always a sin to "take God's name in vain or murder or dishonor parents" or choose not to love God with all your heart and soul.

Yet you cannot find "do not take God's name in vain" before Sinai or in the New Testament.

The Tables of Stone were not "ADDED" because of transgressions. They define sin. They were verbal before they were engraved in stone. The "LAW" the Pharisees were promoting for remission of sins, was not the 10 commandments. It was Laws "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices for sin that Abraham didn't have.

But all of the yearly annual sacrifice feasts and holy days were "added at Sinai" - you cannot find them before that nor does it appear that anyone kept them before Sinai. They were "added 430 years later" after the gospel was preached to Abraham.

Now wait a minute here Bob, you just got though preaching that "God gave the sacrificial system to mankind at Eden - with the fall of Adam. All of the Patriarchs observed it."

Now you are preaching that Passover wasn't given until 430 years after Abraham. How can you preach to others that Abraham wasn't given Passover, then preach that Abraham was given the Gospel of Christ? The Jesus "of the Bible" tells me that "Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." What day would that be, if not Passover?

Indeed - the moral law of God was there before Sinai. But Abraham was offering the same animal sacrifices that mankind started with in Genesis 4.

You may believe this and preach this to others. But the Biblical Fact is that Abraham was not under the Levitical Priesthood. He was given the Gospel of Christ though.

The Gospel of Christ without Passover and unleavened bread doesn't exist. Even Abraham understood this.

Gen. 22: 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

You and SB are trying to tie Passover and God's Feasts, to the Priesthood "After the Order of Aaron". I'm not arguing to keep the Feasts or not to keep the Feasts. I'm simply showing you, from your own Bible, that Passover and Unleavened bread are not tied to the Levitical Priesthood.

Well on the day when God brought them out - he gave no instruction about yearly animal sacrifices or the priesthood until Sinai. It is only after that rebellion at Sinai that we see the priesthood instituted.

Bob, what you and SB are preaching about God here is simply not true, according to the Scriptures. God gave Israel His Feast of Passover, and 7 Day Feast of Unleavened even before they left Egypt. Even before He gave them HIS Holy Sabbath or 10 commandments. There was NO Levitical Priesthood, no Priest was even mentioned in this service. This world's religions try to tie God's Holy Feasts and Sabbaths to the Levitical Priesthood to justify their religious tradition of rejecting them. But they are not tied to the Levitical Priesthood, according to Scriptures as you can clearly see. The Priesthood LAW "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices" for sin was instituted after the rebellion, but not Passover, Unleavened bread, or God's Holy Sabbath, all of which are "Feasts of the Lord" given to Israel before God made His Priesthood Covenant with Levi. (See Exodus 12)

Heb 10:4-8 says that at the cross Christ "took away the first to establish the second" in regard to animal sacrifice and offerings.
Without those sacrifices and offerings there is "no liturgy left" for observing Passover and Unleavened bread as I understand it.

According to Hebrews, it is the Priesthood that changed. God took away the Priesthood "After the Order of Aaron" to establish His Prophesied Priesthood "After the order of Melchizedek". The Life of Jesus confirms this, as HE forgave Sins without having sprinkled even a drop of goat's blood on the alter, according to the Priesthood Law, but continued observing God's Holy Feasts and Sabbaths. This is because God's Feasts and Sabbaths are not tied to the Levitical Priesthood.

Ok so you are saying that while in Egypt they had the commands about Passover and Unleavened bread - but neither was a day of "Holy convocation" a "day of Sabbath rest" as we see it in Lev 23 because they were in Egypt preparing for a great Exodus.

Let's unravel one questionable doctrine at a time Bob. Passover and Unleavened bread were not tied to the Levitical Priesthood. This is undeniable.

Now for your preaching that God didn't instruct Israel about the Sabbath Rest on the first and last day of Feast of Unleavened bread until after the Golden calf.

Ex. 12: 14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. 15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.

16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.

17 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever.

In my understanding, God's Holy Sabbaths are created for man for the very purpose of the great Exodus from sin that once held us captive. It starts with Passover, then Feast of Unleavened bread which results in Pentecost. This world's religions have established their own righteousness, their own Judgments, their own sabbaths, some of them even create huge religious businesses in Christ's Name.

What I advocate for is that men "Seek the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness", which is revealed in the Law and Prophets that Paul called "The Gospel of Christ".

There is a lot of false teaching and deception in this world's religions. It's easy to adopt them as our own. As you can clearly see from your own Bible, the 2 Sabbaths of Feast of Unleavened Bread were given to Israel as a "Holy Convocation" before they even left Egypt. I don't know who instructed you or convinced you that they weren't. But if I were you, I would stop getting your teaching from them.

Ex 20:11 says God gave them the Sabbath in Gen 2:2-3 on the day when He sanctified it, made it holy , made it binding , obligatory for mankind.

Yes, God's Sabbaths were created for man from the foundation of the world.

Therefore in Mark 2:27 "Sabbath was made for mankind" (not Sabbath was made for Jews)
And then He adds "not mankind made for the Sabbath" -- which speaks of the making of both in Gen 1-2.

Yes, I believe this as well. God made man first, then created His Sabbath for them.

I agree with that. It was the priesthood that changed after rebellion

God "ADDED" the "Levitical Priesthood" LAW "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices" for sin after the rebellion. It was Prophesied to change "After those days" or as Paul teaches, "when the Seed came".

I'm not arguing for or against obedience to God in these Feasts and Sabbaths. Only pointing out the Biblical Truth concerning them. What a person does with this knowledge is up to them.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its the exact same doctrine, "We keep the Sabbath Day Holy every day".

No not at all. Because nowhere does it state that Christ is our Sabbath. But it does state that Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us.
Yes, that is the reason for the "7 day" Feast, which is symbolic of the rest of our lives. In the same way the wine and unleavened bread is symbolic of the blood and flesh of the Passover Lamb, the Christ, that we are commanded to eat, to have Life. In the same way six days of the week is given us to prepare for the 7th day, is symbolic of removing the Leaven from our house in preparation for the Promised Land. (Kingdom)
Do this OFTEN in remembrance of me is constant not once a year. So, it is now in respect to removing the leaven of sin from our church and presence to keep the Church unleavened. That is the context of 1 Corinthians 5 for a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Promised land? Promised Rest? When is that? Hebrews 4-10 says, For we who have believed DO enter into rest through the veil that is to say His flesh. For the way into the holiest of all has been manifested through the blood of Jesus. For if the ashes of a heifer and the blood of bulls and goats sanctify to the purifying of the flesh; how much more shall the blood of Jesus cleanse our conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. But with one offering He have perfected forever us whom are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost testifies, for God has said I WILL PUT my Laws in their hearts and in their minds write them. So let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast this profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; ) AMEN

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Anyway, these are good discussions for men, who are Seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness, to have, in my view.
Yes always a pleasure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No not at all. Because nowhere does it state that Christ is our Sabbath. But it does state that Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us.

Yes, it is true that Christ is the Passover Lamb, and not the 7th day of the week.

Do this OFTEN in remembrance of me is constant not once a year.

Yes, The Christ was Calab's Passover as well, and Joshua's. Yet God instructed them in a service that was to take place once a year as a Memorial of this important, Holy Event. The preaching that Jesus taught against God's Holy "Days" is a popular one in this world's religions, but there is nothing in Scriptures to support such a religious philosophy.

So, it is now in respect to removing the leaven of sin from our church and presence to keep the Church unleavened. That is the context of 1 Corinthians 5 for a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

But Him, it was "ALWAYS" in respect to removing the Leaven, defined as "Deception" and sin, from our own home first. To preach that this Feast wasn't about that from the very beginning is simply untrue. The Purpose of the Passover has never changed. The manner in which we honor the Christ in the Passover, is what changed.
Promised land? Promised Rest? When is that?

Well it's not a piece of dirt, or a Nap my friend. And men won't find it by following the religious traditions of men, in my view.

Hebrews 4 says, For we who have believed DO enter into rest through the veil that is to say His flesh.

But if a man "Professes to know God" but rejects or pollutes His Sabbaths, how is this considered "Belief"?

For the way into the holiest of all has been manifested through the blood of Jesus. For if the ashes of a heifer and the blood of bulls and goats sanctify to the purifying of the flesh; how much more shall the blood of Jesus cleanse our conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. But with one offering He have perfected forever us whom are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost testifies, for God has said I WILL PUT my Laws in their hearts and in their minds write them. So let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast this profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; ) AMEN

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Yes, Caleb, Joshua, Gideon, Elisha, and others also, by the Same Offering, being Sanctified were perfected. But "Many" Fell in the wilderness. Paul said these this were written for our examples, for our admonition. Clearly they didn't believe in the "Feasts".

Peter and the Faithful didn't ignore Pentecost, or the counting necessary to be gathered together on God's Holy Day, by reasoning among themselves, "We receive the Spirit of God every day", therefore, WE conclude God's Holy days are no longer needed by the Men HE created them for."

Hebrews 10 is about the Levitical Priesthood sacrifices and offering for sin. Passover is not tied in any way to the Levitical Priesthood. It was given while Israel was still in Egypt. It was given before God made His Priesthood covenant with Levi. Even Abraham knew of Passover. The Catholic and Protestant religions justify their rejection of the Holy Days God Esteemed above other days, by falsely tying them to the Levitical Priesthood. It appears you are doing the same thing, unless I am misunderstanding the reason for your posting the scripture above.

In my study God's Holy Days/Feasts, which also include His Weekly Sabbath, was in effect long before God's Priesthood covenant with Levi, and God's People still walked in them long after Jesus had set down at the right Hand of God.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Again, it seems you are trying to tie Passover and Unleavened Bread to the Levitical Priesthood. Bob and SB have also been influenced to believe the same thing. Hebrews 7 - 10 is speaking to the Covenant God made with Israel, after the Golden calf, not instruction given to Israel before they even left Egypt. According to Peter, they were given the Holy Spirit, not because they brought a goat to the Levite Priest according to the Priesthood Law that was Prophesied to end, but because they Obeyed God and were gathered, having counted the days and weeks correctly, on Feast of Weeks, "AFTER" the Seed had come.

Again, I'm not arguing to keep the Feast, or not keep the Feast. Only pointing out some undeniable Biblical Facts. What a man does with this knowledge, is up to them.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith (Belief) in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

You will find no argument from me that most of Israel rejected God's way, including the Passover Lamb which gave them a new slate.

Duet. 32: 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee. 19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters. 20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Again, you are trying to tie the Memorial of Passover and God's Feasts of Unleavened Bread, in which there are No animal Sacrifices involved at all, to the Levitical Priesthood LAW "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: for sin.

We differ in our understanding because I don't do this, neither did Hebrews, Jesus, Paul or any of the Scriptures.

When Jesus Speaks of Leaven, this is what HE is talking about. Lots of Lies about God exist in this world HE placed us in. But they have no power over us unless we "Believe" the Lie. The teaching, "The Holy Feasts of the Lord are part of the Levitical Priesthood" is a widely believed leaven. A little Leaven leavens the whole lump". "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, you are trying to tie the Memorial of Passover and God's Feasts of Unleavened Bread, in which there are No animal Sacrifices involved at all, to the Levitical Priesthood LAW "concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: for sin.
No not at all. All that was mentioned except on 1Cor 5 was in respect to your mentioning the promised land. Funny how you did not note that. Take care.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟334,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No not at all. All that was mentioned except on 1Cor 5 was in respect to your mentioning the promised land. Funny how you did not note that. Take care.

LOL, "All that was mentioned"? LOL

Talk to you later!

Upvote 0