Oct 22, 2013
✟277,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Russia should be given back their seats
in the Council of Europe.

Russia knows what it needs to do then. It needs to come back into full compliance with the statutes of the Council of Europe.

That would include (but not limited to):

Accept the principles of the rule of law (i.e. don't launch illegal invasions of your neighbours, and don't conduct sham elections).​
According full human rights and fundamental freedoms to all persons within its jurisdiction (i.e don't have state enforced discrimination against certain groups).​
Collaborate sincerely and effectively in the realisation of the aim of the Council (i.e. don't start a frenching land war in continental Europe).​
If Russia wants to be in a club, it needs to play by the rules of that club. Otherwise it gets excluded. It's RUSSIA'S fault it got kicked out.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Russia knows what it needs to do then. It needs to come back into full compliance with the statutes of the Council of Europe.

Accept the principles of the rule of law (i.e. don't launch illegal invasions of your neighbours, and don't conduct sham elections).​
According full human rights and fundamental freedoms to all persons within its jurisdiction (i.e don't have state enforced discrimination against certain groups).​
Collaborate sincerely and effectively in the realisation of the aim of the Council (i.e. don't start a frenching land war in continental Europe).​
If Russia wants to be in a club, it needs to play by the rules of that club. Otherwise it gets excluded. It's RUSSIA'S fault it got kicked out.
If you want the war to end,
we may need to talk to the Russians.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

As a future colony of China they will
have fewer options.

Nobody is about to step in to
save them.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟277,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you want the war to end,
we may need to talk to the Russians.

Russia knows everyone's positions. They were communicated, as nauseum, in 2021 and 2022.

The time for talk was BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine.

Now Russia needs to live with the consequences of it's illegal invasion. Russia needs more sanctions, and Ukraine needs more support from the West to defend itself against Russian aggression.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why on Earth would they do that? (And an Asian country is already at war with Ukraine -- Russia)
An endless war on the border between Europe and Asia,
could easily pull more countries into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟118,070.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
They escaped from an active war zone.
No, they were forcefully moved into Russia, taken from their families and put into literal education camps.
And lets put even that nonsense aside for a moment. You even admitted that "some of them have parents in Ukraine." And claimed that some of them have parents in Russia without any evidence of such. How do you morally square taken children forcefully from their parents, since you admit that some of those kids have parents in Ukraine?

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No, they were forcefully moved into Russia, taken from their families and put into literal education camps.
And lets put even that nonsense aside for a moment. You even admitted that "some of them have parents in Ukraine." And claimed that some of them have parents in Russia without any evidence of such. How do you morally square taken children forcefully from their parents, since you admit that some of those kids have parents in Ukraine?
When there is a peace treaty ending the war,
DNA tests can be done to prove who the parents are.

Many would be returned to Ukraine.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟305,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When there is a peace treaty ending the war,
DNA tests can be done to prove who the parents are.

Many would be returned to Ukraine.

That would defeat Russia's purpose in taking them in the first place. They believe (Putin and his propagandists) that Ukraine is not a real country and Ukrainians are just "confused Russians". The whole point of the kidnapping is to turn Ukrainian children into Russians. Russia is going to have to be *forced* to give them back. Russia's whole project for this invasion is to make Ukraine non-existent and reclaim all of its people, culture, land, and resources for Russia where Putin thinks it all belongs. This information has been available for a long time if you look carefully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,418.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Like just throwing money and weapons at a problem.

And ignoring any chance for peace talks.
I don't think there is any likelihood of peace talks. Neither side wants to negotiate. Negotiations inevitably bring about compromise and there is no compromise in sight.

Ukraine wants the Russian army out of Ukraine. Russian wants to control Ukraine.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think there is any likelihood of peace talks. Neither side wants to negotiate. Negotiations inevitably bring about compromise and there is no compromise in sight.

Ukraine wants the Russian army out of Ukraine. Russian wants to control Ukraine.
At some point Congress will be asking for an exit strategy.

Upvote 0