Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your ton of evidence is a video presentation which itself is not saying anything conclusive, but it is put forth what seems to those speaking what is most likely earlier in a changing language in which there isn't anything further than what they can mention for support. That is not conclusive, and there was no mention of endings of names and the phrases such as Halleluyah, whether it is even poetic or not, which has nothing to do with it. I am calling this unbiblical insistence what it is, and it is cultic and not what the Bible leads to, at all, and you can get off your high horse, you are not showing you are more spiritual. Your pronunciation is just an arbitrary preference that you do not have better evidence for and just go on claiming you do, to insist others should pronounce the name just so and put down others who don't.
Again, that just shows the willful ignorance of your statements. If you think I am wrong and have no proof and you have even less to no proof, why say you know or teach others knowing you are likely incorrect? The Name was considered so Holy and Sacred that scribes would Mikvah before even writing it! YaH is a poetic abbreviation/contraction and is only used as a theophoric suffix in the Hebrew language. Please research what I have told you. Please read Josephus Antiquities (book 12 chapter 5 section 5) regarding the Samaritans. Please tell us how you get your pronunciation from "Hayah Hoveh YihYeh"?? I could tell you much more but sadly it would fall on deaf ears. Ears to hear but hear not and eyes to see but see not. These things I have told you are are not even debatable. You have shown you have no interest in finding truth. HaMevin Yavin!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What About The Endings? It is irrelevant that you say what the ending is from is poetic, with still no basis you show for that. There is basis directly for the pronunciation with 'Yah' and even for the pronunciation of the name 'Yahweh', and there is not direct basis that it was with the pronunciation 'Yeho'. If it is impossible for the first syllable of the name to be altered in Hebrew names of people, you are right then, it should be the Lord's name is Yahshua, I agree. But there is not indication that there was then the name Yahshua. But you do not say it is impossible for the first syllable of the name to be altered, you already recognized that it has been, in Hebrew names.

This revealed name is for remembering in every generation. Because that was said, it had to be.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If it is impossible for the first syllable of the name to be altered in Hebrew names of people, you are right then, it should be the Lord's name is Yahshua, I agree. But there is not indication that there was then the name Yahshua. But you do not say it is impossible for the first syllable of the name to be altered, you already recognized that it has been, in Hebrew names.
Well yes that was my point...YaH is not a theophoric prefix. The same with YeHo...using your explanation, it should be or could be YaHo or YeHu, but it never is...

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Some teach that the Creator’s name is pronounced Yehovah, but we show why that pronunciation cannot be correct."

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Some teach that the Creator’s name is pronounced Yehovah, but we show why that pronunciation cannot be correct."
Well I wasted my time reading that. All opinion, no actual meat. They are just one more gentile messianic "restoration" group among the hundreds out there. I found the same misinformation I have seen before. I had a chuckle about seeing that silly "hovah" swill repeated again. That just shows they have no idea what they are talking about. Self proclaimed "nasi" Norman Willis did not make any sort of convincing argument. Nice try...

lol Norman Willis - Nazarene Israel

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I wasted my time reading that. All opinion, no actual meat. They are just one more gentile messianic "restoration" group among the hundreds out there. I found the same misinformation I have seen before. I had a chuckle about seeing that silly "hovah" swill repeated again. That just shows they have no idea what they are talking about. Self proclaimed "nasi" Norman Willis did not make any sort of convincing argument. Nice try...

lol Norman Willis - Nazarene Israel

Well I saw it was showing argument against those thinking they had basis to show God's revealed name was originally Yehovah. But I had looked through posts you submitted, and I did not see you actually posted what you would claim is the original revealed name, which you should do while you criticize another spelling or pronunciation as being seriously wrong. Why were you not showing it? If the right spelling and pronunciation matters, with it said the name is to always be remembered, it should be said, and I have not hid how I spell it and pronounce it. But I only saw the insistence on how it starts from you and never all the spelling and pronunciation, which you say is so important, and there should be witness to it.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well I saw it was showing argument against those thinking they had basis to show God's revealed name was originally Yehovah. But I had looked through posts you submitted, and I did not see you actually posted what you would claim is the original revealed name, which you should do while you criticize another spelling or pronunciation as being seriously wrong. Why were you not showing it? If the right spelling and pronunciation matters, with it said the name is to always be remembered, it should be said, and I have not hid how I spell it and pronounce it. But I only saw the insistence on how it starts from you and never all the spelling and pronunciation, which you say is so important, and there should be witness to it.
YHVH.jpg

YHVH2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this explains that a pronunciation of a vowel at the beginning of a name is distinct from the pronunciation of it at the end of a name or word. But, that did not answer my question of whether you have the pronunciation of Yehveh or just Yehoveh, I had not seen you ever post that in written responses. A schwa is not necessarily only an e or just an a, it might be from either written, in English, and it is not right still to insist to others what it should be, though you make a case that can be considered for its pronunciation, which in fact is unstressed pronunciation, that would not define what the written letter for it is in English. And, my credible source informs me yet that the Hebrew pronunciation did not leave a hard v sound within a word or name, but had it pronounced as a vowel, or yet a w possible, in speech. So, from knowing it could start with Yeh- or Yah- being with an unstressed vowel in either case, which is all that can be accurately said, the name could be Yehooah, Yahooah, Yehwah, Yahwah, or Yehooeh or Yahooeh, I don't see more is thoroughly known.

I did notice the vowel points they referred to with showing the written form of the name in Hebrew correspond to the vowels in the spelling for Adonai.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums