WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:21 REALLY SATING TO US ??

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Will you explain a verse that teaches that the NEW COVENANT is only for the redeemed ?
The New Covenant is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Heb 8:10-12), which is only in the born again (Jn 3:7-8).
Are the redeemed GENTI;ES ??
Are they Greeks ?
Are they GENTILES ?
It includes those of all mankind who savingly believe in Jesus Christ..

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Covenant is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Heb 8:10-12), which is only in the born again (Jn 3:7-8).

I say that if you believe that , WHY not read Isa 11:9-12 and write your thoughts as to when this will happen ?

And your thoughts as to WHEN , Jer 31:31-40 and it speaks to the NEW COVENANT !!

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And , just where in Rom 3:25 does one see the words NEW COVENANT , PLEASE ?
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 1 Tim 1;14

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 1 Tim 1;14
And you believe that Tim 1:14 explains the NEW COVENANT and How are people saved under the NEW COVENANT , IF you have a verse ?

AND What are the benefits we receive under the NEW COVENANT , with verses which , when asked , you never will comply ??

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you believe that Tim 1:14 explains the NEW COVENANT and How are people saved under the NEW COVENANT , IF you have a verse ?
I kept nothing back testifying to both Jews and Greeks, urging them to turn to God and to have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:20-21
AND What are the benefits we receive under the NEW COVENANT , with verses which , when asked , you never will comply ??
I now send you to the Jewish people, as well as the Gentiles, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:17-18

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Will you give a verse that Israel and Gentiles are in the New covenant ?

As I believed that the NEW COVENANT was all Jewish ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
A covenant simply means that if we do our part, God will do His part of the agreement. There is nothing more sure than that God watches over HIs word to do what He says He is going to do. Ezekiel 24:14

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

All who believe in Christ and his blood sacrifice for their sin are in the new covenant (Lk 22:20, 1 Co 11:25, Heb 8).

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the new covenant was only for the Jews then what was Paul's ministry to the Gentiles all about?

Acts 10 Cornelius asks for Peter to come to him. Peter is given a vision telling Peter...

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Peter goes to Cornelius' house as an angel told him to do.

27 While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. 28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean. 29 So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?”
34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

All of Acts 10 is relevant.

• Winner
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All who believe in Christ and his blood sacrifice for their sin are in the new covenant (Lk 22:20, 1 Co 11:25, Heb 8).
And my suggestion to anyone that looks at BLUE LETTER BIBLE will see that Greek word DIATHEKE can be translated , Will , Testament , a Compact , Arrangement , a Contract ,

Many of us translate 1 Cor 11:25 DIATHEKE as Arrangement because , the Lord's supper is a New ARRANGEMENT for the Body of Christ Only >

The Lord's Supper for the 12 apostles is found in Matt 26 : 26-29 and will do what is called the Lord's Supper in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And my suggestion to anyone that looks at BLUE LETTER BIBLE will see that Greek word DIATHEKE can be translated , Will , Testament , a Compact , Arrangement , a Contract ,

Many of us translate 1 Cor 11:25 DIATHEKE as Arrangement because , the Lord's supper is a New ARRANGEMENT for the Body of Christ Only >

The Lord's Supper for the 12 apostles is found in Matt 26 : 26-29 and will do what is called the Lord's Supper in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM
The "millennial" is figurative of the church age, where the first resurrection is from eternal death into eternal life in the new birth, and the saints are reigning now with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6, 1:3).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "millennial" is figurative of the church age, where the first resurrection is from eternal death into eternal life in the new birth, and the saints are reigning now with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6, 1:3).
And this what I see in the bible , that the Body of Christ has not been resurrected and that the 12 APOSTLES have not yet also been resurrected and the those who will be judged at the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT hav e not yet been resurrected ,
just who are you talking about ??

If the Millennial Kingdom is FIGURATIVE , that means that Christ will never sit on DAVID'S THRONE , EVER ??

dan p

Upvote 0