Nov 12, 2008
✟245,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Occam's Razor, mate. Given the complete absence of any evidence of the existence of aliens at all, which is more likely?
Thank you. I've been collecting examples of misuse of Occam's razor and this one is great example. Naturally I'll contact you for permission to use it if I intend to do so publicly.

Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟328,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Paper trails and videos, pictures and supposed ancient drawings can all be manufactured. The purpose ? An agenda, that's how governments work.

No denying there are lights in the sky though, could be anything. Thus unidentified. It also doesn't mean it's aliens from other planets. I trust government documents about as much as a cheating wife. They manufacture more printed paper than the old news paper companies did. Enough to fit an agenda but also in total confusion, the immense paper trail leading to nowhere.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Occam's Razor, mate. Given the complete absence of any evidence of the existence of aliens at all, which is more likely?
I don't know if there are aliens or not. My comment was not about their existence but on a obvious reason of why the reported the alien wreck, if there is one, would not be cleaned up by aliens.

BTW, how does Occam's Razor account for why
The U.S. government can't explain 143 of the 144 cases of unidentified flying objects reported by military planes, according to a highly anticipated intelligence report released Friday.​

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's good to keep in mind that cops, judges,
mayor's, governors, generals and presidents
all get caught lying.
Priests, doctors, lawyers, and the man behind the
tree.

LIES are a whole lot more likely than outer space
monsters and the end of the world.
It is foolishiness to believe they are lying when what is coming is the great deception/strong delusion spoken of in scripture of the end times

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You can stick your head in the sand all you want. There is military fire control imaging of them. They are demonic and will play a major role in the coming great delusion. I also suppose you think John Desouza is lying? For what purpose, retired FBI, no one from the FBI in ANY WAY disputes what he is saying. NO ONE...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Paper trails and videos, pictures and supposed ancient drawings can all be manufactured. The purpose ? An agenda, that's how governments work.

No denying there are lights in the sky though, could be anything. Thus unidentified. It also doesn't mean it's aliens from other planets. I trust government documents about as much as a cheating wife. They manufacture more printed paper than the old news paper companies did. Enough to fit an agenda but also in total confusion, the immense paper trail leading to nowhere.
They aren't "aliens". IT IS SPIRITUAL and DEMONIC

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,221.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is foolishiness to believe they are lying when what is coming is the great deception/strong delusion spoken of in scripture of the end times
Whatevs.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's always been good business predicting the end of the world. The "end" of the "world" is pretty badly defined by most supernatural predictions. The rapture, for instance, is really just the beginning of the end, and signals civilization being sent back to the Stone Age
Wikipedia
for a bit. During all this The Chosen are whisked up to heaven. Meanwhile, predictions of the end of the world in 2012 were wide-ranging, from a comet just tearing Earth in half (the rest of the universe spinning on as usual) to the complete and total end of everything ever. The latter is less scary because it's not like anything will be around afterwards to care.

In the case of some of the science-based predictions for how the universe will go on according to our knowledge of physics, there's no "end" as such. Matter and energy still exist, but in their lowest energy and most uniform state: the rub being that this state precludes the interactions needed to produce emergent structures. This includes stars, planets, and intelligent entities capable of experiencing the universe.

Here are some examples, with the predicted date of the end of all things.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,221.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's always been good business predicting the end of the world. The "end" of the "world" is pretty badly defined by most supernatural predictions. The rapture, for instance, is really just the beginning of the end, and signals civilization being sent back to the Stone Age
Wikipedia
for a bit. During all this The Chosen are whisked up to heaven. Meanwhile, predictions of the end of the world in 2012 were wide-ranging, from a comet just tearing Earth in half (the rest of the universe spinning on as usual) to the complete and total end of everything ever. The latter is less scary because it's not like anything will be around afterwards to care.

In the case of some of the science-based predictions for how the universe will go on according to our knowledge of physics, there's no "end" as such. Matter and energy still exist, but in their lowest energy and most uniform state: the rub being that this state precludes the interactions needed to produce emergent structures. This includes stars, planets, and intelligent entities capable of experiencing the universe.

Now now that's just "lame"

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wikipedia

There is NO RAPTURE as believed by the majority of the protestant church. Paul makes that clear in 1thesselonians, 1st Corinthians. Yeshua in Matt 24 lays out when his return occurs. The doctrine of a pre/mid-tribulation Rapture is pure rubbish!

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,221.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is NO RAPTURE as believed by the majority of the protestant church. Paul makes that clear in 1thesselonians, 1st Corinthians. Yeshua in Matt 24 lays out when his return occurs. The doctrine of a pre/mid-tribulation Rapture is pure rubbish!
"God inspired" reading is so contradictory
you will understand why I dont believe anyone who
says THEY are ones who got the real deal.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. I've been collecting examples of misuse of Occam's razor and this one is great example. Naturally I'll contact you for permission to use it if I intend to do so publicly.
So you're telling me that presented with unidentified flying things, the most parsimonious explanation if that they're interstellar spacecraft, right?

Looks like you ought to ply that dictionary your own self. <Laugh>

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟245,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
So you're telling me that presented with unidentified flying things, the most parsimonious explanation if that they're interstellar spacecraft, right?

Looks like you ought to ply that dictionary your own self. <Laugh>
As I said. You don't understand Occam's razor. Occam's razor does not eliminate candidate explanations, rather it focuses attention on the most parsimonious. You persist in equating that focus with the absolute elimination of the alternatives. It's messed up thinking on your part.

Aside: as I think I noted earlier the recently coined UAP is prefered to UFO since some of the observations are not of flying objects. (It would be stretching things to call Venus a flying object.)

Upvote 0