USA
✟491,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The minute we accept Christ as our savior and rely on, trust in and adhere to Jesus Christ, we are saved from all of our sins (past, present and future) and we stand before God as if we had never sinned.
Can you share the scripture that says this? My bible says we must confess and forsake our sins. Pro 28:13 1 John 1:9 That we are saved from sin. Mat 1:21, not in sin. If we can continue sinning once knowing the truth, there remains no more sacrifice Heb 10:26-30, it goes against every teaching in scripture and basically makes Christ's Great Sacrifice in vain.. It shows that our devil has more power to keep us in sin than our God does to keep us from sin. It's not what I believe. Scripture shows God has a people who overcomes Rev 14:12
Well, what is it you want to do? For me it is clear, copy my Abba, just like I copied the human Father
Yet why argue against following His example 1 John 2:6 by obeying Hs Father and keeping all of the commandments. John 15:10 including the Sabbath Luke 4:16
So for me, that’s a yes and if you really would rather sin,
Please quote me ever saying this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I was not sure how to title this post since it is not anti-sabbath per se, which is why the quote marks are there.

When one claims to "keep the Sabbath," they make a truth-claim about themselves. There are as many ways to "keep the Sabbath" as there are Sabbatarians, especially when it comes to the more liberal Sabbatarians, so which way is the correct way, or is this subject to the modern definition of "truth?" They claim to be the ones who know how it should be kept, or else how could they claim to be keeping it?

In general, Sabbatarians all agree that the Sabbath is an important command to keep, but that is where it ends. If one tells me it is very important to keep the Sabbath, should they not explain how it is to be kept, especially in our modern day? But doesn't this all lead to a works-orientation?

I think that sometimes Sabbatarians develop a blindness to the forest because of the Sabbath trees. The issue is not the sabbath but obedience to our Father and Christ. Human nature is prone to idol worship, and once it assumes it has found a way to climb to heaven, it can easily slip into idol worship unless our desire to obey is divinely planted in us and our love for our Father and Our big Brother, Christ, is burning in us and motivating us, commandment-keeping, in general, is an empty pointless exercise in a vain attempt to scale the wall of the sheepfold.
In short, The danger or dangers of sabbath keeping can be
  1. Self-centered works
  2. Judgement of brother and sister Christians
  3. Pride
  4. Legalism
Of course, the true Sabbath is found in Christ, but a godly observance of God's law in humility and gratefulness for his salvation can allow us to experience a taste of the rest to come. God does not point the bony finger of indignation at His sheep, nor should I.
How did the Creator keep it.....

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, what you speak of is only the beginning of our faith and not how we grow in obedience to God. Forgiveness is not a substitute for obedience to the Fourth Commandment.
I stand before God with no sin on my account. Why? On Him God laid the inequity of us all. Sin is a disease that will kill ya and tge only cure is Jesus. What we define as obedience of itself has no power to save us. Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin? Can a leopard change his spots? We may identify as obedient but that does not compare to Christs robe of righteousness. One who thinks there isn’t works merit them something are refusing the kings wedding garments.
When you forgive, you give others another chance, and you don't expect others to continue disobeying, because they trust that your forgiveness gives them license to continue disobeying.
Is that what you want to do? If God wiped away all your sins and took your punishment promising you Heaven as a free gift, you would want to go and sin?

For me the beauty is that I desire to be like the one I love and since I have been perfected for ever by Jesus one perfect sacrifice, I don’t have to contend with fear of punishment because my salvation is already complete in Him. Now my motivation is love not fear of punishment.
Your forgiveness is supposed to give them the opportunity to overcome disobedience and not need more forgiveness than is necessary to grow in obedience to the Fourth Commandment.

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ (Matthew 7:21-23 NLT)​
You are using descriptive texts as prescriptions. You are implying punishment as a motive to obey. But if I have been perfected forever by Jesus one sacrifice, how can my feeble efforts add to His perfection which has been imputed to me.

There now exists a son-father relationship in which He is beside me helping me achieve the goal to be like Him because I love Him.

The text you provided above describes those who rely on their own works to merit Heaven rather than submit to God’s righteousness.
Jesus gives us as much daily forgiveness as we need to grow in obedience. We come out of sin through Jesus' daily forgiveness, like a child who learns to walk by getting up again and again until he no longer falls.
Jesus totally condemned the sin in our flesh. We are already forgiven for ever by His one sacrifice.

We do not ask forgiveness to avoid damnation. God is our daddy and we love Him as such and we are sorry when we mess up so we sincerely apologize but through it all we have remained untouched by sin because He has already born it for us.
Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. (Hebrews 7:23-26 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
Jesus saves us completely, eternally and freely.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟386,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you share the scripture that says this? My bible says we must confess and forsake our sins. Pro 28:13 1 John 1:9 That we are saved from sin. Mat 1:21, not in sin. If we can continue sinning once knowing the truth, there remains no more sacrifice Heb 10:26-30, it goes against every teaching in scripture and basically makes Christ's Great Sacrifice in vain.. It shows that our devil has more power to keep us in sin than our God does to keep us from sin. It's not what I believe. Scripture shows God has a people who overcomes Rev 14:12
Where shall I start? First with your assumption that one will continue practicing sin after salvation. The first thing to understand is that people who love sin more than righteousness are not seeking salvation. They are trying to avoid the results of sin. So, why would they not go on Sydney that’s what they desire but they aren’t saved and they really don’t want to be.

Is sinning something you want to continue doing? If you don’t why not? If it’s because you fear punishment that’s not acceptable to God. God wants a father son relationship with you not an “obedience” out of fear relationship.

We see God in the first place because he draws us to him and what are the chords he uses to draw us to him? He draws us with chords of love not cords of fear.

Hosea 11:4 NIV​

I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.

Heb 10.14 For by his one sacrifice he is perfected us forever while we are still being made holy.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5

He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Romans 10:9

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved

Are you worried about overcoming is Revalation commands us to? Then worry no more because Christ saidTake heart for I have overcome the world. Therefore, the only thing we have to overcome is our lack of faith in believing what he has done for us. That is what Jesus meant by “abiding in him.”

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where shall I start? First with your assumption that one will continue practicing sin after salvation. The first thing to understand is that people who love sin more than righteousness are not seeking salvation. They are trying to avoid the results of sin. So, why would they not go on Sydney that’s what they desire but they aren’t saved and they really don’t want to be.

Is sinning something you want to continue doing? If you don’t why not? If it’s because you fear punishment that’s not acceptable to God. God wants a father son relationship with you not an “obedience” out of fear relationship.

We see God in the first place because he draws us to him and what are the chords he uses to draw us to him? He draws us with chords of love not cords of fear.

Hosea 11:4 NIV​

I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.

Heb 10.14 For by his one sacrifice he is perfected us forever while we are still being made holy.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5

He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Acts 4:12

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Romans 10:9

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved

Are you worried about overcoming is Revalation commands us to? Then worry no more because Christ saidTake heart for I have overcome the world. Therefore, the only thing we have to overcome is our lack of faith in believing what he has done for us. That is what Jesus meant by “abiding in him.”
Please share the scripture that says Christ saved us from all future sins , that we don't have to confess and forsake our sins. I'm not seeing it in the verses you quoted. Thats the statement you made, where is the scripture for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God forbid that I have ever done such a thing.
Saying, not to focus on the law, when Christ told us to John 14:15 Mat 5:19 Heb 8:10 something He did and overcame John 15:10 1 Peter 2:21-22 Heb 4:15 is essentially saying just that. That we can be in Christ without following Him by keeping His law, which is not following His example 1 John 2:6 including Sabbath keeping Luke 4:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟386,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. The Holy Spirit convicts and convinces the world about sin. Not us.
It is God that works in us both to Will and do his good pleasure. His word is in our hearts, and in our mouths. His law in the heart and mind. Partakers of His Divine nature. Filled with the Spirit. Him being in us we in Him that the world might believe. So, if one shares with another in and through Christ, your word of conviction is distracting from the venue to which He might choose to use. For we very well maybe used as the Body of Christ to do that which you say we don’t. In Tandem so to speak

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟386,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going to sign out of this thread for now but Hapy happy Sabbath to you all and hope you have a blessed day! :twohearts:
Happy sabbath to you also my friend. May the Lord continue to keep us all in his way, Jesus Christ amen.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is God that works in us both to Will and do his good pleasure. His word is in our hearts, and in our mouths. His law in the heart and mind. Partakers of His Divine nature. Filled with the Spirit. Him being in us we in Him that the world might believe. So, if one shares with another in and through Christ, your word of conviction is distracting from the venue to which He might choose to use. For we very well maybe used as the Body of Christ to do that which you say we don’t. In Tandem so to speak
It maybe so but when you look at the gosple, the thrust is not one specific comandment. It is beliefe that leads to repentance which is turning the whole life around to be God-toward. This is a divine action and leads to adoption as sons and daughters of God. The only way it does not happen is if people do not want it to happen because they love darkness more than light. Since it is a divine action, let us concentrate on bringing people to Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If one does not have the eyes to see or the ears to hear they can never understand. You are only hearing what you imagined.

Now if you are saying that you are without sin, the Bible has something to say to you on that.
Big difference in being without sin and keeping the commandments because we are born again. Keeping the commandments does not wipe out our past sins so we still need the justification Jesus offers.

You're right back where you've been all along: The power of God in our lives is insufficient to change our hearts and minds. In other words sin is more powerful than God.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It maybe so but when you look at the gosple, the thrust is not one specific comandment. It is beliefe that leads to repentance which is turning the whole life around to be God-toward. This is a divine action and leads to adoption as sons and daughters of God. The only way it does not happen is if people do not want it to happen because they love darkness more than light. Since it is a divine action, let us concentrate on bringing people to Christ
So Sabbath keeping is the one commandment God cannot enable us to keep.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Sabbath keeping is the one commandment God cannot enable us to keep.
He must or else how how can you actually keep it? I could go into a myriad of details on this but suffice it to say, there are many differing opinions on how it should be kept. Especially in this modern era. If we are going to teach that Sabbath Keeping is a component of salvation we'd better be ready to explain how it is to be kept.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Big difference in being without sin and keeping the commandments because we are born again. Keeping the commandments does not wipe out our past sins so we still need the justification Jesus offers.

You're right back where you've been all along: The power of God in our lives is insufficient to change our hearts and minds. In other words sin is more powerful than God.
This is a statement from deafness to my posts. You are not hearing what I am saying. If you are without sin, speak up and don't be afraid to tell the world how you came to be in a sinless condition. If you sin then how can you tell others not to?

Upvote 0