Are God's Ten Commandments good or bad for Christians?

• Yes. (they are included in God's the Law of Love, and in the New Covenant of Jer 31:31-33)

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No they are not good

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Some of them are good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was already answered. God writing and Moses writing- two separate laws. Deut 5:22 makes clear there was nothing else added to the Ten Commandments. God's law was inside the ark, the law of Moses was placed outside. I provided all the scripture references in post 298.
NO mention of the book of the law being a covenant

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
NO mention of the book of the law being a covenant
The book of the law and book of the covenant are the same thing. It is what Moses wrote down in a book.

Exo 24:7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has said we will do, and be obedient.”

Deut 29:21 And the Lord would separate him from all the tribes of Israel for adversity, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this Book of the Law,

2 Kings 23:21 Then the king commanded all the people, saying, “Keep the Passover to the Lord your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant.”

In God's Covenant- it only included the Ten Commandments Exo 34:28 Deut 4:13 and no more was added Deut 5:22

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The book of the law and book of the covenant are the same thing. It is what Moses wrote down in a book.

Exo 24:7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has said we will do, and be obedient.”

Deut 29:21 And the Lord would separate him from all the tribes of Israel for adversity, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this Book of the Law,

2 Kings 23:21 Then the king commanded all the people, saying, “Keep the Passover to the Lord your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant.”

In God's Covenant- it only included the Ten Commandments Exo 34:28 Deut 4:13 and no more was added Deut 5:22
The Book of the covenant is not saying the book is a covenant or the covenant. It is saying the book is of the covenant. Does this understanding you have come from your church or is it from somewhere else. If from your church please post a link or something so I can see their full argument.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Book of the covenant is not saying the book is a covenant or the covenant. It is saying the book is of the covenant. Does this understanding you have come from your church or is it from somewhere else. If from your church please post a link or something so I can see their full argument.
God did not write in a book, He wrote on Stone and He only wrote the Ten Commandment . Exo 31:18 Exo32:16 Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22 This conclusion is mainly from my own bible study after more study on this subject.

There was only 1 book on the side of the ark, not two. Deuteronomy 31:26 Deut 29:21

So for example...2 Kings 23:21 Then the king commanded all the people, saying, “Keep the Passover to the Lord your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant.”

We know this is not referring to the Ten Commandments as only the Ten were written in God's covenant.

Can you elaborate why you think the Book of the Law and Book of the Covenant are different? I'm open to hearing you on this.

I'm not sure why you seem opposed to the word covenant for the law of Moses- it just means an agreement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This conclusion is mainly from my own bible study after more study on this subject.
Hey there SabbathBlessings, happy Sabbath!
What does your church state in relation to calling the book of the law a separate covenant?

Can you elaborate why you think the Book of the Law and Book of the Covenant are different? I'm open to hearing you on this.

I'm not sure why you seem opposed to the word covenant for the law of Moses- it just means an agreement.
Because it says the Book of the Law is OF the covenant not something separate.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey there SabbathBlessings, happy Sabbath!
What does your church state in relation to calling the book of the law a separate covenant?

Because it says the Book of the Law is OF the covenant not something separate.
Happy Sabbath.

Can you please clarify your disagreement. Are you only opposed to the word "covenant" for the law of Moses or are you saying the law of Moses is not the Book of the Covenant or Book of the Law. Or are you saying the book of the Covenant is the Ten Commandments and the law of Moses.

Regarding what my church states I haven't read any official statement in regard to this. I can look though. . .

Just a quick search on EGW

The Mosaic law is what Paul in Hebrews calls the First Covenant, which the Lord, made with the “Fathers when he took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt,” Hebrews 8:8, 9; Jeremiah 31:32; Kg. 8:9. This was not the covenant of promises made with Abraham, nor does it at all affect that. The covenant of promise made to Abraham and his seed, Christ, was confirmed 430 years before the Law was given, and “no man disannulleth or addeth thereto.” “And this I say, That the covenant that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the Law, which was 430 years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of God of none effect;” Galatians 3:17. The inheritance is not of the Law, but of promise; vs. 18. Hence righteousness comes not by the Law, but by faith in the promises. “Wherefore then serveth the law It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;” ver. 19. in the day that Abraham “believed the Lord, and he counted it to him for righteousness,” he made a covenant with him saying, “Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates;” Genesis 15. At the same time he assured him of the 400 years afflictions, at the end of which he delivered Israel from Egypt, and gave them the Law, which he called a covenant, in Horeb, near Sinai; see 2 Chronicles 5:10; Exodus 24:3-8; 34:27, 28; Deuteronomy 5:1-3. “The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with me, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.” This covenant was to continue only “till the seed (Christ) should come; then “a new covenant” was made; Isaiah 42:1, 6; 49:5-9. He confirmed the (margin a) covenant, the new one, (Daniel 9:27,) the Gospel; Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:23. “These are the two covenants,” and neither of them the Abrahamic, but both involved in that in its comprehensive sense. Paul contrasts these two covenants, calling the latter the “better covenant,” the “perfect;” whereas the former, “the Law, made nothing perfect;” but only had “a figure,” “patterns,” “a shadow of the good things to come,” “but the body,” the substances of those legal shadows, is of Christ.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Sabbath.

Can you please clarify your disagreement. Are you only opposed to the word "covenant" for the law of Moses or are you saying the law of Moses is not the Book of the Covenant or Book of the Law. Or are you saying the book of the Covenant is the Ten Commandments and the law of Moses.

If one says The Book of the Law is of the Covenant. It is of it. The fact that in Deut. 4 it states that the Ten were the covenant then saying the the Book of the Law is the Covenant, or a covenant can't be true. It is only of it.
Regarding what my church states I haven't read any official statement in regard to this. I can look though. . .

The Mosaic law is what Paul in Hebrews calls the First Covenant, which the Lord, made with the “Fathers when he took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt,” Hebrews 8:8, 9; Jeremiah 31:32; Kg. 8:9. This was not the covenant of promises made with Abraham, nor does it at all affect that. The covenant of promise made to Abraham and his seed, Christ, was confirmed 430 years before the Law was given, and “no man disannulleth or addeth thereto.” “And this I say, That the covenant that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the Law, which was 430 years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of God of none effect;” Galatians 3:17. The inheritance is not of the Law, but of promise; vs. 18. Hence righteousness comes not by the Law, but by faith in the promises. “Wherefore then serveth the law It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;” ver. 19. in the day that Abraham “believed the Lord, and he counted it to him for righteousness,” he made a covenant with him saying, “Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates;” Genesis 15. At the same time he assured him of the 400 years afflictions, at the end of which he delivered Israel from Egypt, and gave them the Law, which he called a covenant, in Horeb, near Sinai; see 2 Chronicles 5:10; Exodus 24:3-8; 34:27, 28; Deuteronomy 5:1-3. “The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with me, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.” This covenant was to continue only “till the seed (Christ) should come; then “a new covenant” was made; Isaiah 42:1, 6; 49:5-9. He confirmed the (margin a) covenant, the new one, (Daniel 9:27,) the Gospel; Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:23. “These are the two covenants,” and neither of them the Abrahamic, but both involved in that in its comprehensive sense. Paul contrasts these two covenants, calling the latter the “better covenant,” the “perfect;” whereas the former, “the Law, made nothing perfect;” but only had “a figure,” “patterns,” “a shadow of the good things to come,” “but the body,” the substances of those legal shadows, is of Christ.
The Mosaic Law would be the Book of the Law and the Decalogue according to the paragraph above in respect to the scriptural references. That makes one covenant. Is that from their commentary or EGW's writings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath.

The Mosaic law is what Paul in Hebrews calls the First Covenant, which the Lord, made with the “Fathers when he took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt,” Hebrews 8:8, 9; Jeremiah 31:32; Kg. 8:9.

Let me ask you a question SB, on this Holy of Days. Didn't Israel break this Covenant? Once the Covenant is broken, isn't it gone? I'm asking because you said you are relying mostly on your own study, so I just wanted to get your take regarding this issue. I would truly appreciate an answer to the question. Didn't Israel void this covenant God made with them with the Golden calf?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If one says The Book of the Law is of the Covenant. It is of it. The fact that in Deut. 4 it states that the Ten were the covenant then saying the the Book of the Law is the Covenant, or a covenant can't be true. It is only of it.

The Mosaic Law would be the Book of the Law and the Decalogue according to the paragraph above in respect to the scriptural references. That makes one covenant. Is that from their commentary or EGW's writings?
No. The law of Moses is not the same as God’s Ten Commandments or the same covenant. Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22

I need to run going to church and spending time w family after. Will respond later w the reference I forgot on EW.

Take care.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you a question SB, on this Holy of Days. Didn't Israel break this Covenant? Once the Covenant is broken, isn't it gone? I'm asking because you said you are relying mostly on your own study, so I just wanted to get your take regarding this issue. I would truly appreciate an answer to the question. Didn't Israel void this covenant God made with them with the Golden calf?
Yes, the Israelites broke the covenant right away.

We see them agreeing to God’s Covenant

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. 6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

7 So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him. 8 Then all the people answered together and said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do.” So Moses brought back the words of the people to the Lord.

And breaking it right away, less than 40 days as shown in Exodus 32

Exodus 32 :1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.”

2 And Aaron said to them, “Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” 3 So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron.

Once broken I believe it would be void. However God is long suffering and forgives 70x7 and re-wrote the Ten Commandments identical to the first tablet. In the New Covenant- it is no longer dependent on human power but through God’s power to write His law in our hearts and minds and now He is the one doing- we just need to cooperate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I’m not seeing EGW say the Book of the Law is the Decalogue.

The Ten Commandments is its own separate covenant. Deut 4:13, Exo 34:28 Deut 5:22. The book of the law - placed OUTSIDE the ark of the covenant contained curses and was added because of transgression. The Ten Commandments is what defines sin. Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 Without law there is no transgression. Rom 4:15 Therefore God’s Ten Commandments has always been, it wasn’t added in Mt Sinai it was just written on stone. They already knew the commandments just like Cain knew it was “sin” to commit murder. Therefore he had to know the commandment thou shalt not murder only found in the Ten Commandments.

By the way the reference for EGW is LOM Page 37:4

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Israelites broke the covenant right away.

We see them agreeing to God’s Covenant

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. 6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

7 So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him. 8 Then all the people answered together and said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do.” So Moses brought back the words of the people to the Lord.

And breaking it right away, less than 40 days as shown in Exodus 32

Exodus 32 :1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.”

2 And Aaron said to them, “Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” 3 So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron.

I agree. So the Covenant God said was changing, is not the Covenant HE made with Israel in Ex. 19. But the Covenant Moses secured as a result of going up to God again, to secure another Covenant.

30 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.

This second effort by Moses is where God "ADDED" the Law, "concerning Sacrifices or Burnt offerings" for sin. Yes?

Jer. 7: 22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: 23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

So then, the LAW that was 'ADDED" because of Transgression, was not the 10 commandments, or God's sabbath, or Passover, or Unleavened bread, rather, the Law that was "ADDED" was the sacrificial "Works of the Law" required by God, before the appointed Priest would provide for their forgiveness. And this LAW that was "ADDED" was to be in force until the Seed, the True High Priest of God should come. At which time this LAW concerning sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin would become old and vanish. But the Commanded to "walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you" would still be in effect, as they have always been God's instruction for man, and were not "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham.

My point is, "many" who come in Christ's Name" preach that the "ADDED" Law was the entire Law God gave Moses. But according to Scriptures it was the LAW "ADDED" after the Golden calf "Concerning sacrifices and burnt offering for sin, that became Old and was to pass away when the True Lamb of God should come.

I was wondering if your take was the same.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree. So the Covenant God said was changing, is not the Covenant HE made with Israel in Ex. 19. But the Covenant Moses secured as a result of going up to God again, to secure another Covenant.

30 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.

This second effort by Moses is where God "ADDED" the Law, "concerning Sacrifices or Burnt offerings" for sin. Yes?

Jer. 7: 22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: 23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

So then, the LAW that was 'ADDED" because of Transgression, was not the 10 commandments, or God's sabbath, or Passover, or Unleavened bread, rather, the Law that was "ADDED" was the sacrificial "Works of the Law" required by God, before the appointed Priest would provide for their forgiveness. And this LAW that was "ADDED" was to be in force until the Seed, the True High Priest of God should come. At which time this LAW concerning sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin would become old and vanish. But the Commanded to "walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you" would still be in effect, as they have always been God's instruction for man, and were not "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham.

My point is, "many" who come in Christ's Name" preach that the "ADDED" Law was the entire Law God gave Moses. But according to Scriptures it was the LAW "ADDED" after the Golden calf "Concerning sacrifices and burnt offering for sin, that became Old and was to pass away when the True Lamb of God should come.

I was wondering if your take was the same.
The law that was added because of sin could not be the same law that defines sin- the Ten Commandments so agree it wasn’t the entire law.

From my understanding the sacrificial system is all part of the law of Moses, which includes the Passover and the annual feast days. It includes everything that Moses wrote in a book except for the Ten Commandments that God wrote and spoke alone and was placed inside the ark of the Covenant.

I don’t believe all of the law of Moses ended- I believe the sacrificial system and the Levitical priesthood and other ceremonial ordinances did as they always were a placeholder pointing forward to Jesus and His Great Sacrifice.

I’m willing to research further to see if the feast days was separate from the sacrificial system. They seem part of it to me, but if you have scripture references I am happy to check out.

By the way- Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The law that was added because of sin could not be the same law that defines sin- the Ten Commandments so agree it wasn’t the entire law.

From my understanding the sacrificial system is all part of the law of Moses, which includes the Passover and the annual feast days. It includes everything that Moses wrote in a book except for the Ten Commandments that God wrote and spoke alone and was placed inside the ark of the Covenant.

I don’t believe all of the law of Moses ended- I believe the sacrificial system and the Levitical priesthood and other ceremonial ordinances did as they always were a placeholder pointing forward to Jesus and His Great Sacrifice.

I’m willing to research further to see if the feast days was separate from the sacrificial system. They seem part of it to me, but if you have scripture references I am happy to check out.

By the way- Happy Sabbath!

Yes, I understand that there are "many" who teach that God's Feasts and the Levitical Priesthood are connected in that if the Priesthood sacrifices becomes obsolete, so do the Feasts of the Lord. But a few things cause me to question this popular religious philosophy. First, Passover was given to Israel before any Priesthood Covenant with Levi (Aaron and his sons) was even established. And there were no "Priests" involved at all in its observance. Even in Christ's Time, the Passover meal was not eaten in the Synagogue, no Lamb was brought to the Levite Priest and killed before him.

Also, God's Weekly Sabbath in like manner, was created at creation. And His Same Sabbath was given to Israel even before the 10 Commandments were given. This would also be the same for Unleavened bread which was given to Israel even before God's Weekly Sabbath.

Ex. 13: 4 This day came ye out in the month Abib. 5 And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month. 6 Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD. 7 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.

10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.

So how can Pentecost exist, without Feast of Unleavened bread. And what good is Passover, without Unleavened bread. I think this is why Paul said to "Keep the Feast".

So at least 3 Three "Feasts of the Lord" have absolutely "NO" ties to the Levitical Priesthood, or the Sacrificial "Works of the Law" contained therein.

And so that really made me question the philosophers of this world "who come in Christ's Name".

But the other Holy Scripture that tied this together for me, is Leviticus 23 itself.

Lev. 23: 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.

6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

And God Continues. Here, God doesn't separate His Weekly Sabbath from His Passover or other Feast Days. The Holy Days of God are tied to His Weekly Sabbath here, not to the Levitical Priesthood. God places no difference between His Holy Sabbath, and His Holy Feast of Tabernacles.

And when a person thinks about it, What Good is God's Holy Sabbath without Passover? And what Good is Passover without Feast of Unleavened bread (Coming out of sin) And how could God's Spirit, who HE gives to those who obey Him, have been given to the members of Gods Church under the New Priesthood, had they not "Come out of Sin"?

And one last thing. The Jesus "of the Bible" walked in all of God's Holy Feasts and Sabbaths. But HE never participated in the Sacrificial "works" of the Priesthood Law, as HE forgave Sins having not sprinkled the blood of even one goat on the alter, as required by Law for the forgiveness of sin.

So when a person ties all these Biblical Truths together, at the very least it teaches that the Feasts of the Lord are not tied to the "ADDED" Priesthood Covenant "Concerning sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin, in my view.

I wanted to share the perspective, to see if others might consider what is written in seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness.

And Happy Sabbath to you as well, as it nears the setting of the sun.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I understand that there are "many" who teach that God's Feasts and the Levitical Priesthood are connected in that if the Priesthood sacrifices becomes obsolete, so do the Feasts of the Lord. But a few things cause me to question this popular religious philosophy. First, Passover was given to Israel before any Priesthood Covenant with Levi (Aaron and his sons) was even established. And there were no "Priests" involved at all in its observance. Even in Christ's Time, the Passover meal was not eaten in the Synagogue, no Lamb was brought to the Levite Priest and killed before him.

Also, God's Weekly Sabbath in like manner, was created at creation. And His Same Sabbath was given to Israel even before the 10 Commandments were given. This would also be the same for Unleavened bread which was given to Israel even before God's Weekly Sabbath.

Ex. 13: 4 This day came ye out in the month Abib. 5 And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month. 6 Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD. 7 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.

10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.

So how can Pentecost exist, without Feast of Unleavened bread. And what good is Passover, without Unleavened bread. I think this is why Paul said to "Keep the Feast".

So at least 3 Three "Feasts of the Lord" have absolutely "NO" ties to the Levitical Priesthood, or the Sacrificial "Works of the Law" contained therein.

And so that really made me question the philosophers of this world "who come in Christ's Name".

But the other Holy Scripture that tied this together for me, is Leviticus 23 itself.

Lev. 23: 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.

6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

And God Continues. Here, God doesn't separate His Weekly Sabbath from His Passover or other Feast Days. The Holy Days of God are tied to His Weekly Sabbath here, not to the Levitical Priesthood. God places no difference between His Holy Sabbath, and His Holy Feast of Tabernacles.

And when a person thinks about it, What Good is God's Holy Sabbath without Passover? And what Good is Passover without Feast of Unleavened bread (Coming out of sin) And how could God's Spirit, who HE gives to those who obey Him, have been given to the members of Gods Church under the New Priesthood, had they not "Come out of Sin"?

And one last thing. The Jesus "of the Bible" walked in all of God's Holy Feasts and Sabbaths. But HE never participated in the Sacrificial "works" of the Priesthood Law, as HE forgave Sins having not sprinkled the blood of even one goat on the alter, as required by Law for the forgiveness of sin.

So when a person ties all these Biblical Truths together, at the very least it teaches that the Feasts of the Lord are not tied to the "ADDED" Priesthood Covenant "Concerning sacrifices and burnt offerings for sin, in my view.

I wanted to share the perspective, to see if others might consider what is written in seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness.

And Happy Sabbath to you as well, as it nears the setting of the sun.
So what about the feasts that requires sacrifices- do you make a sacrificial Lamb at Passover today? Just curious how you celebrate it, if you keep it, but say sacrifices ended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what about the feasts that requires sacrifices- do you make a sacrificial Lamb at Passover today? Just curious how you celebrate it, if you keep it, but say sacrifices ended.

Well lets make sure you and I are on the same Page here. I am posting God's Word which seems to me, ties the Feasts of the Lord, with His Sabbath, not with the Levitical Priesthood, since several of them were established before God's Covenant with Levi. This seems relevant to me.

And to be clear, I don't believe sacrifices ended, because Jesus didn't teach that. Even God's Sabbath is a sacrifice offered to God. A man that isn't willing to sacrifice all that he has, all that is most precious to him, like his pride, his religion, his family, his very life is not worthy of the Christ, at least according to Him. I can quote Him if you like, but I think you know the Scriptures well enough that you know where to find it.

Of course I don't continue to kill the Passover Lamb, as it was symbolic of the Christ, whose blood "(Life)" was to be spread in our works, our walk, and in our mind. (Two door posts and Lintel) Jesus Himself said,

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Clearly Jesus understood the Commandment to keep this day Holy, and even showed those who are seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness how to do so, after HE became our Passover.

As for keeping them. For me, these are "Holy" days, like God's Sabbath. In my understanding they are kept, like God's Sabbath, from the heart. We found God's Instruction and have come to understand them. Passover is not a Sabbath, but the first day of unleavened bread is. If a person is seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness, from the heart, HE will direct that man as well. This is my belief now for over 30 years and by reason of use, I have come to know why God created these days which HE esteemed above other days.

I think the first step is acknowledging the Scriptures regarding this topic to see if the religions of this world have it right. Clearly the philosophy that God's Holy Feasts, including His Sabbaths are not tied to the Levitical Priesthood. From there, at least a person knows who NOT to listen to.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟494,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well lets make sure you and I are on the same Page here. I am posting God's Word which seems to me, ties the Feasts of the Lord, with His Sabbath, not with the Levitical Priesthood, since several of them were established before God's Covenant with Levi. This seems relevant to me.

And to be clear, I don't believe sacrifices ended, because Jesus didn't teach that. Even God's Sabbath is a sacrifice offered to God. A man that isn't willing to sacrifice all that he has, all that is most precious to him, like his pride, his religion, his family, his very life is not worthy of the Christ, at least according to Him. I can quote Him if you like, but I think you know the Scriptures well enough that you know where to find it.

Of course I don't continue to kill the Passover Lamb, as it was symbolic of the Christ, whose blood "(Life)" was to be spread in our works, our walk, and in our mind. (Two door posts and Lintel) Jesus Himself said,

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Clearly Jesus understood the Commandment to keep this day Holy, and even showed those who are seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness how to do so, after HE became our Passover.

As for keeping them. For me, these are "Holy" days, like God's Sabbath. In my understanding they are kept, like God's Sabbath, from the heart. We found God's Instruction and have come to understand them. Passover is not a Sabbath, but the first day of unleavened bread is. If a person is seeking the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness, from the heart, HE will direct that man as well. This is my belief now for over 30 years and by reason of use, I have come to know why God created these days which HE esteemed above other days.

I think the first step is acknowledging the Scriptures regarding this topic to see if the religions of this world have it right. Clearly the philosophy that God's Holy Feasts, including His Sabbaths are not tied to the Levitical Priesthood. From there, at least a person knows who NOT to listen to.
The context of my question was animal sacrifices. Of course we make sacrifices to God- we must die daily of self.

How do you keep the feast days? Just curious since you brought it up.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You said the following in answer to what was said above.

First thing is no one said she said the book of the law was the covenant.
I’m not seeing EGW say the Book of the Law is the Decalogue.

She said as noted in the quote below the Mosaic Law was. This would include the Book of the Law and the Decalogue.

But keep in mind that we agree that the Ten God gave are according to the word of God the Covenant.
Deut 4:13,14 state this plainly.

Deut 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deut 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

What you are not seeing is that the Book of the Law, which would be the Mosaic Law is of the Covenant. The Book of the covenant is not saying the book is a covenant or the covenant. It is saying the book of the Law is of the covenant. OF is not a or the.

The Mosaic law is what Paul in Hebrews calls the First Covenant, which the Lord, made with the “Fathers when he took them by the hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt,” Hebrews 8:8, 9; Jeremiah 31:32; Kg. 8:9.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey there my friend.

You are misunderstanding Paul.

Upvote 0