Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was the topic of you not understanding the heavens are still being created.
If that’s the position your going to take then your saying that what God Himself said in Exodus 20:11 is incorrect.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟157,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that’s the position your going to take then your saying that what God Himself said in Exodus 20:11 is incorrect.
As is your position on 24 hours each day.

Could be a minute like a million years, 1,440,000 a day and more before that. There are tree colonies 10,000 years old. Everything in the universe only around 6,000 years old isn't even remotely logical imo.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As is your position on 24 hours each day.

Could be a minute like a million years, 1,440,000 a day and more before that. There are tree colonies 10,000 years old. Everything in the universe only around 6,000 years old isn't even remotely logical imo.
Is it illogical that Adam & Eve weren’t created as newborns? What was Adam & Eve and all the animals supposed to eat if all plants were created as sprouts? Did God place Adam & Eve and all the animals in a land of nothing but dirt with only two trees, one of which they weren’t allowed to eat from? Is it logical that Lot’s wife instantly turned into a pillar of salt just be she looked back at Sodom? Is it logical that a talking donkey could see things an angel that his owner couldn’t? Is it logical that Jesus walked on water or that He caused a plant to wither and die instantly just by speaking to it?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟157,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it illogical that Adam & Eve weren’t created as newborns? What was Adam & Eve and all the animals supposed to eat if all plants were created as sprouts? Did God place Adam & Eve and all the animals in a land of nothing but dirt with only two trees, one of which they weren’t allowed to eat from?
Adam was placed in the garden from the rest of the world. Too take care of what was all ready mature in the garden, so no your logic isn't logical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam was placed in the garden from the rest of the world. Too take care of what was all ready mature in the garden, so no your logic isn't logical.
I’m not the one saying that plants weren’t fully grown when the earth was created, that was your logic, not mine.

Upvote 0

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was light and darkness from the beginning,and the light was Jesus Christ. And it was a day,not billions of years.

‭‭Genesis 1:4-5
[4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. [5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You either make evolution your belief,or you put your faith in the word of God.
That's not true. You can believe the earth is quite old without believing in evolution.

Many believe that the earth "became void and without form" because in Isaiah he specifically states he did not create it that way. The word vain and void are the very same word in the Hebrew.

And many believe that day 1 is starting this present age, not starting from the beginning.

I for one do not believe God created a ruined ball of water. Again, as he states in Isaiah, he did not create it that way. He created it to be inhabited. He speaks and it happens. He would not have to start in a ruined state and go backwards.

I do not believe in evolution but I don't think the Bible disagrees with science on the age of the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not true. You can believe the earth is quite old without believing in evolution.

Many believe that the earth "became void and without form" because in Isaiah he specifically states he did not create it that way. The word vain and void are the very same word in the Hebrew.

And many believe that day 1 is starting this present age, not starting from the beginning.

I for one do not believe God created a ruined ball of water. Again, as he states in Isaiah, he did not create it that way. He created it to be inhabited. He speaks and it happens. He would not have to start in a ruined state and go backwards.

I do not believe in evolution but I don't think the Bible disagrees with science on the age of the earth.
So God let the earth be a dark void for 4,5 billions of years before he begun his creation? Nothing lived here on earth before his 7 literally days of creation. Everything else but literally days throw off the entire bible. You either believe Gods word,or just skip parts you disagree with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I do not believe in evolution but I don't think the Bible disagrees with science on the age of the earth.God created us,He didnt evolve us from bacteria to fish to ape and then human. We was created perfect from the beginning,but now we are disintergrating from sin.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God let the earth be a dark void for 4,5 billions of years before he begun his creation?
No, he himself touches upon that time in Genesis. He in fact takes us to that moment in time-

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

This verse takes us right to Genesis 2

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

All of the mountains trembled and the hills moved. We aren't at Noah's flood. This is before the present age -verse 2 of Genesis.

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

Jeremiah 4:27; "For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

And he didn't. He started again, he receded and separated the waters, etc.

It was once a fruitful place and it became a wilderness. The words wilderness and desolate can also be used to describe void and without form when taken back to the full Hebrew.

Again, he took us back to Genesis verse 1:2, not to Noah's flood.

Who populated the earth at that time-obviously animals, we have the fossils to prove it but also the angels who have mass and can eat as well. That's why there have been human like footprints but no bones from that time period.

Satan's downfall happened as well during this time frame. We get pieces of it throughout the Bible as well.

He shook the earth once and he'll shake it again in the future.

To me this makes the most sense from what we can gather from the scriptures. It's pretty apparent that the earth is quite old. 6 or 7 thousand years doesn't seem to cover it and when taken some words back to the Hebrew it starts to make sense.

Others believe differently and that's fine but my original post was to say- one doesn't have to believe in evolution to believe the earth is old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, he himself touches upon that time in Genesis. He in fact takes us to that moment in time-

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

All of the mountains trembled and the hills moved. We aren't at Noah's flood. This is before the present age

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

Jeremiah 4:27; "For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

It was once a fruitful place and it became a wilderness. The words wilderness and desolate can also be used to describe void and without form when taken back to the full Hebrew.

Who populated the earth at that time-obviously animals, we have the fossils to prove it but also the angels who have mass and can eat as well. That's why there have been human like footprints but no bones from that time period.

Satan's downfall happened as well during this time frame. We get pieces of it throughout the Bible as well.

What kind of theology have you messed up your understanding of the bible?

Upvote 0

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All of the mountains trembled and the hills moved. We aren't at Noah's flood. This is before the present age -verse 2 of Genesis.

To me this makes the most sense from what we can gather from the scriptures. It's pretty apparent that the earth is quite old. 6 or 7 thousand years doesn't seem to cover it and when taken some words back to the Hebrew it starts to make sense.

Others believe differently and that's fine but my original post was to say- one doesn't have to believe in evolution to believe the earth is old.
And once again you cant put evolution and millions of years into Gods creation. If you think with the holy spirit instead of your worldly thinking,then you realize how it works. Say amen to the word of God and dont try to make the bible fit your world view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jacke71

Mar 4, 2024
Oxelösund
✟330.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What kind of theology have you messed up your understanding of the bible?

Evolution and long periods of time goes hand in hand. God could have made everything in a nanosecond or in 14 billions of year. But He did his creation in seven days and rested for one day. He did so as an example for us. Or should a weekday last for a thousand year? And a sabbath also for a thousand years or billions of years?

Reactions: Rev20
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well if you take into consideration that the Bible says that God created the heavens, the earth, and man & woman in the beginning then that is contrary to an old earth belief and science since it puts man’s creation at the end of the timeline, not the beginning.

Reactions: Jacke71
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That portion of Jeremiah 4 was a vision that Jeremiah had received about what was to come in the future IF the Jews didn’t repent. It never actually happened.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That portion of Jeremiah 4 was a vision that Jeremiah had received about what was to come in the future IF the Jews didn’t repent.
He takes us to Genesis 1:2 for a reason in Jeremiah 4. It's the same exact description. That's not just some random comment. He's warning them about what happened before. That's my belief. I know others believe differently and that's fine with me. Again, I was stating one does not have to believe in evolution to believe the earth is old.

Upvote 0