Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don’t see Him saying what you say He says, ie that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority.
God IS the Law. Theologically speaking. What does the incident with the Adulterous demonstrate?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you sure this is where you want to go with this argument? I’ll let you think about it for a minute.
The logic applies to, per your usage, only the people present at the cross. Are you certain you want to declare that as the interpretation? I'll let you think about that, for a minute.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s outside the scope of this thread.

Jesus said that "all authority is given to Me, both in Heaven and on earth".

So, what is left out of that "all"?

Certainly, we can believe that Jesus is the Only Way to the Father. John 14:6...., as He was Authorized by God the Father to die on The Cross = to become the Author of Salvation for the "world".

John 3:16

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟930,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So… no answer to why it never entered God’s mind or was “commanded” by God. Fair enough

Yes, I answered your statement twice and now three times. I said you're talking about an act that was committed by fallen man rather than Satan. God was talking about an act committed by fallen man. Like I said fallen man are not under God's complete sovereign control like the regenerated humans or Adam and Eve pre fall are. Satan on the other hand is completely under the control of God and you ignored my point three times now as well so this conversation is going nowhere. I should have just said you were mostly going off topic and refused to answer your question because I answered your question multiple times.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I answered your statement twice and now three times. I said you're talking about an act that was committed by fallen man rather than Satan. God was talking about an act committed by fallen man. Like I said fallen man are not under God's complete sovereign control like the regenerated humans or Adam and Eve pre fall are. Satan on the other hand is completely under the control of God and you ignored my point three times now as well so this conversation is going nowhere. I should have just said you were mostly going off topic and refused to answer your question because I answered your question multiple times.
If a petty human is not under His authority, by God's design, how much more does this not say that a Fallen Angel could be apart from His will?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God IS the Law. Theologically speaking. What does the incident with the Adulterous demonstrate?
You made a specific claim that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority. You are not supporting that claim.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The logic applies to, per your usage, only the people present at the cross. Are you certain you want to declare that as the interpretation? I'll let you think about that, for a minute.
My argument was that His statement pertained to the Romans, not the Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that "all authority is given to Me, both in Heaven and on earth".

So, what is left out of that "all"?

Certainly, we can believe that Jesus is the Only Way to the Father. John 14:6...., as He was Authorized by God the Father to die on The Cross = to become the Author of Salvation for the "world".

John 3:16
Works for me.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You made a specific claim that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority. You are not supporting that claim.
Jesus, God incarnate, the same God that etched stone tablets with His Divine Finger…. Stooped down and wrote a mystery within the very dust of the earth that He formed man with, with His miraculous Human God Finger… to SHOW MERCY to a woman pulled steaming hot from the arms of a man that she had cheated with….

Is the Bible a carnal document? Does the Holy Spirit not teach us Spiritual truths in scripture? Does not mankind have access to the still small voice?!?!?

Did not Jesus say that the proud and hard hearted could not hear?!?!?!?

Mercy, Love, Got Tipsy with Sinners, Ate lots of food with sinners, talked to Samaritans, Cast out demons from the hopeless….

Ripped the hard hearted and religious to verbal shreds.

None of this rings a bell?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My argument was that His statement pertained to the Romans, not the Jews.
Based on proximity to Jesus when He spoke. You’ve bound area of effect to Christs words on the cross.

That stinks. Guess our debts aren’t paid after all. I rejoice for those Romans, though.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What about them, and why do you ask ? Sometimes I read your posts/ topics and wonder what you are up to ?
When you isolate one statement outside of a whole discussion, I can see where it might be confusing.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, God incarnate, the same God that etched stone tablets with His Divine Finger…. Stooped down and wrote a mystery within the very dust of the earth that He formed man with, with His miraculous Human God Finger… to SHOW MERCY to a woman pulled steaming hot from the arms of a man that she had cheated with….

Is the Bible a carnal document? Does the Holy Spirit not teach us Spiritual truths in scripture? Does not mankind have access to the still small voice?!?!?

Did not Jesus say that the proud and hard hearted could not hear?!?!?!?

Mercy, Love, Got Tipsy with Sinners, Ate lots of food with sinners, talked to Samaritans, Cast out demons from the hopeless….

Ripped the hard hearted and religious to verbal shreds.

None of this rings a bell?
None of this supports your claim that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority. I agree that God is merciful. I’m looking for the support that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Based on proximity to Jesus when He spoke. You’ve bound area of effect to Christs words on the cross.

That stinks. Guess our debts aren’t paid after all. I rejoice for those Romans, though.
No, it’s based on context.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
None of this supports your claim that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority. I agree that God is merciful. I’m looking for the support that mercy is His highest self-proclaimed act of authority.
Hammster, when God straight becomes one with His creation, and with the same hand that etched the 10 and covered the crevice in the cliff with that massive fiery God hand, to show Moses His Glory stoops down before Satan's sons, a sweaty woman stinking of unfaithful sex... and stretches His finger to write the NEW LAW into the earth, does not the sheep hear?

This is why commentaries make a poor mediator between God and man. Love is a verb. Jesus' actions spoke louder than His words. It's what He didn't say, that is more loud than what He said.

Matthew 13:10 Jesus’ disciples came and said to him, “Why do you use parables when you speak to the crowds?” 11 Jesus replied, “Because they haven’t received the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but you have.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hammster, when God straight becomes one with His creation, and with the same hand that etched the 10 and covered the crevice in the cliff with that massive fiery God hand, to show Moses His Glory stoops down before Satan's sons, a sweaty woman stinking of unfaithful sex... and stretches His finger to write the NEW LAW into the earth, does not the sheep hear?

This is why commentaries make a poor mediator between God and man. Love is a verb. Jesus' actions spoke louder than His words. It's what He didn't say, that is more loud than what He said.

Matthew 13:10 Jesus’ disciples came and said to him, “Why do you use parables when you speak to the crowds?” 11 Jesus replied, “Because they haven’t received the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but you have.
Since you cannot, or will not, support your specific claim, I’m not going to continue this line of discussion.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you cannot, or will not, support your specific claim, I’m not going to continue this line of discussion.
The two greatest None Divine Theologians in the Bible are Moses and Paul. Both are referred to by name. It is common to read the Torah and say... In Moses, or to read the 13 epistles of Paul and say... when reading Paul. Both of these men are highly esteemed by YH-H. Of all the things they said, to say, what defining characteristic did they say that made them special in God's eyes, what did they say?

I would be cursed and cutoff from You God, if you would just Save these people. God says: "For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?”

I once knew a woman that esteemed her salvation above others. I feared for her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0