All authority

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Context

1 Samuel 16 The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.”

2 But Samuel said, “How can I go? If Saul hears about it, he will kill me.”

The Lord said, “Take a heifer with you and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the Lord.’ 3 Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate.”

4 Samuel did what the Lord said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, “Do you come in peace?”

5 Samuel replied, “Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the Lord. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me.” Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.

6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed stands here before the Lord.”

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

8 Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel. But Samuel said, “The Lord has not chosen this one either.” 9 Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, “Nor has the Lord chosen this one.” 10 Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, “The Lord has not chosen these.” 11 So he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?”

“There is still the youngest,” Jesse answered. “He is tending the sheep.”

Samuel said, “Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives.”

12 So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features.

Then the Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; this is the one.”

13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.

David in Saul’s Service
14 Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil[a] spirit from the Lord tormented him.

15 Saul’s attendants said to him, “See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you. 16 Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the lyre. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes on you, and you will feel better.”

17 So Saul said to his attendants, “Find someone who plays well and bring him to me.”

18 One of the servants answered, “I have seen a son of Jesse of Bethlehem who knows how to play the lyre. He is a brave man and a warrior. He speaks well and is a fine-looking man. And the Lord is with him.”

19 Then Saul sent messengers to Jesse and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.” 20 So Jesse took a donkey loaded with bread, a skin of wine and a young goat and sent them with his son David to Saul.

21 David came to Saul and entered his service. Saul liked him very much, and David became one of his armor-bearers. 22 Then Saul sent word to Jesse, saying, “Allow David to remain in my service, for I am pleased with him.”

23 Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him.

This goes all the way back to Job, where Satan is still in authority, before Christ died on the Cross and crushed the serpent's head. Satan has Free Libertarian Volition. God was protecting Saul. When God withdrew from Saul, Demon's did what Demon's do.

You are insinuating the very same argument that the Pharisees employed here.... "Matthew 9:34 But the Pharisees said, “He drives out demons by the ruler of the demons!”

You perpetually want to pin the workings of Evil on God's Sovereignty, by denying that mankind and angel's have Libertarian Volition. Jesus revealed God. Jesus is LOVE. He made it clear that God had NO Thing to do with the workings of Demons. Why is this hill to die on that God can hate or God can will evil to be done?

Spotless Lamb, Who is without SIN (Evil). It's important.
Satan didn’t send the evil spirit. God did it as punishment.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And calling the twelve together, He gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases.
— Luke 9:1

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Satan didn’t send the evil spirit. God did it as punishment.
An enemy is at the gates. A guard is keeping the enemy at bay. The guard is removed, because the owner of the gates rejects the authority that is over the Guard. The Guard isn't responsible for the enemies proceeding actions. The enemy is the enemy and does enemy things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And calling the twelve together, He gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases.
— Luke 9:1
We don't cast out Demons with the power of demons. Do you not see the danger of the implied logic employed behind this quote? If it is understood by Jesus' revelation by His Incarnate personage, it is good. But, if it is lensed through complex theological systems that erase Jesus' revelations... it becomes bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
An enemy is at the gates. A guard is keeping the enemy at bay. The guard is removed, because the owner of the gates rejects the authority that is over the Guard. The Guard isn't responsible for the enemies proceeding actions. The enemy is the enemy and does enemy things.
I posted what God did.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We don't cast out Demons with the power of demons. Do you not see the danger of the implied logic employed behind this quote? If it is understood by Jesus' revelation by His Incarnate personage, it is good. But, if it is lensed through complex theological systems that erase Jesus' revelations... it becomes bad.
I didn’t imply anything. I posted what Jesus did.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I posted what God did.
It was loaded with preconceived intention drawn from thread History. Scripture is simple if Man's ideas are thrown out and Scripture alone defines intention.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn’t imply anything. I posted what Jesus did.
Thread history shows intent. I'm remembering your implied usage of the scripture, via your own words.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It was loaded with preconceived intention drawn from thread History. Scripture is simple if Man's ideas are thrown out and Scripture alone defines intention.
I posted what God did.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I posted what God did.
You posted how you interpret what God did. God withdrew his hedge from Saul. Saul was the reason. God was responding to Saul. The intention of the post was to insinuate something towards God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You posted how you interpret what God did. God withdrew his hedge from Saul. Saul was the reason. God was responding to Saul. The intention of the post was to insinuate something towards God.
No, I actually posted the text. I posted what God did.

Now the Spirit of Yahweh departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from Yahweh terrorized him.
— 1 Samuel 16:14

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I actually posted the text. I posted what God did.

Now the Spirit of Yahweh departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from Yahweh terrorized him.
— 1 Samuel 16:14

On our other discussion, you specifically said that I couldn't build Trinity doctrine from Scripture alone, then not only specified that you couldn't do it, but defined PAS as All people in all of creation, couldn't do it.

I proceeded to post a large volume of the most sacred TriUne God texts in scripture, organized them, gave all glory to God... Here is the Link

You replied this in reply to verses that are defended with a history that is very graphic and indicative of Holy Reverence which they should be read with.
A whole lot of random verses. No idea what they are there for.

Thread history shows the intention of your usage of this passage. That is simple logic.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
On our other discussion, you specifically said that I couldn't build Trinity doctrine from Scripture alone, then not only specified that you couldn't do it, but defined PAS as All people in all of creation, couldn't do it.

I proceeded to post a large volume of the most sacred TriUne God texts in scripture, organized them, gave all glory to God... Here is the Link

You replied this in reply to verses that are defended with a history that is very graphic and indicative of Holy Reverence which they should be read with.

Thread history shows the intention of your usage of this passage. That is simple logic.
Yes, I know my intent. These verses support my OP.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have no problem with commentary. You are the one who seems to reject it. If I posted what that verse means, it would be commentary.
They, when fed through your extra biblical lens of understanding, drawn from many volumes of extra biblical commentary, support your chosen opinion of what you are placing forward as your debate stance. This is true.

What I have quoted is opinion.

This is simply my human opinion on this matter, which I will be the first to admit is fallible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you give me the written verbal consent, to politely express what I believe your actual intent is with 100 percent of your posts and OP's?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Satan never was in charge of anything after his fall, but deception. Satan is a deceiver he goes around deceiving unbelievers and believers.

Satan was able to deceive away from man the rule of the kingdoms of the earth. Which satan offered Jesus in return for worship. The offer (of course) was declined by Jesus, but eventually there will be a man who will accept satan's offer in return for worship. Satan will give this man the rule of the earth, (all kingdoms) the one world government. But this rule will only last a short 3 and a half years. Then satan's man will be defeated and cast into the lake of fire along with the antichrist/false prophet. With satan being locked away for a 1000 years while Jesus rules the Kingdom of God on earth for the 1000 years.

Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Would you give me the written verbal consent, to politely express what I believe your actual intent is with 100 percent of your posts and OP's?
Sure.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought I would add them for consideration for the discussion. It's not aimed at anyone in particular. I think we get sidetracked with the wrong speech and judgment sometimes. For example, and this isnt aimed at you, people slander politicians but according to Romans 13 and Titus 3 this slander is wrong. In that example we got involved in the wrong speech.
Just like 99 percent or more of the internet and forums - "the wrong speech" ..... the only proper thing to do is to expose it with all of its evil..... even though those involved for the most part will never repent of it.

Upvote 0