Marital Status
Single
I take advantage of Christian holidays to witness

i.e. on easter, i say

"Happy easter!"
"you too"
"you know what easter is for right, most people dont"
"uh no"

then i tell them about Jesus and about Good friday and then i can freely talk about God without it being uncomfrotable

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Is this a joke? a step by step guide on how to witness to someone? friends, you are not trying to convince people on seeing things how you do. You are supposed to witness when God urges you too, the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say. Dont turn christianity into another religious sect of do's and donts. Lean not on your own understanding. It is not your job to witness to people, it is His in you.

That's why some are given the gift of teaching and given the gift of evangelism. To equip the saints to reach the lost. The bible says we are to go out and preach the Gospel to all creation, not just sit on our behinds and wait until they come to us.

Upvote 0

TripleZ2

Jan 11, 2011
✟7,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Sharky,
Great post there and as far as I can tell very informative. I only know about the " feeling silly " part whenever I have tried. I have how ever tried it with some of those who one would never imagine being Christians, ( not being judgemental here ) as they are my style of people. A few drinks at the pub, at the football. Lots of distractions though, I shluld have thought of that..
Blessings

Upvote 0

Light2you

Mar 17, 2011
✟7,650.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the principle. That sometimes you don't have to say anything and plant a seed. That seed may be a tract. Sometimes people are in a hurry. Or they are to shy to talk to strangers. A tract. That they can read. I believe in the fact that it is who God wants. That being true. I have plenty of tracts to hand out.

Of course also. I do talk with them. It's also a good way to cover a lot of people. Like at a large gathering. Or if you don't feel like talking. Sometimes that is the case. When you have been rejected by someone. Happens. Make sure you have plenty. Get them in a few different languages. If you are going into neighborhoods where you don't speak the lingo!

Upvote 0

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not to bash their methods, as I saw one of their videos on TV and was pretty moved by it actually. But isn't there a difference between someone famous going around with cameras all around him and a microphone and witnessing, and say, you or me doing the same thing but without any of the publicity and protection around us? Especially going to gangsters and stuff? I'm not dissing you if you are called to go into danger like that for the Lord, but I guess I would ask you if it is a sincere calling, or if you are just trying to prove something to yourself by going into such situations, because that would be vanity.

Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to bash their methods, as I saw one of their videos on TV and was pretty moved by it actually. But isn't there a difference between someone famous going around with cameras all around him and a microphone and witnessing, and say, you or me doing the same thing but without any of the publicity and protection around us? Especially going to gangsters and stuff? I'm not dissing you if you are called to go into danger like that for the Lord, but I guess I would ask you if it is a sincere calling, or if you are just trying to prove something to yourself by going into such situations, because that would be vanity.

Not everyone will be called to go to the very dangerous areas but someone needs to do it. I'm reminded of how bold the apostles were in the Bible, it all comes from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CraigK

Sep 1, 2012
✟15,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My personal examination of the scriptures revealed that Jesus used a similar technique. He used the law to reveal a person's sin and then told them to "go and sin no more." (repent).

I have used this technique just once so far and I'm here to tell you it is effective. It shows the person their sin and their need for a "cure." The person I talked to never became defensive and genuinely listened. If you're not using this technique, I highly recommend it.

Emphasize to them they must repent and trust in Christ and Him alone for salvation.

Best wishes! Oh, and pray before you witness!

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's pretty good, depends who you talk to. In Western, Christian based society, they will often accept all the assumptions being made in that path to lead them to salvation.

But if you witness to a true Hindu, for example. They'll fall into a ditch of rejecting moral law altogether. They accept good exists, and evil exists... and they believe the solution is then to free ourselves through meditation to reject the moral law.

So rather than see the law as good and a solution to it being an atonement to Jesus, they ultimately identify the moral law as the problem... which is a moral law in itself which makes them hypocrites but they'll have trouble seeing that part of it usually.

And atheists, they'll have trouble with it to.

So basically, it's good for nudging "Christians" who never became Christians over the line into salvation, where the ground work had be laid by their forefathers in their upbringing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alot of christians are wondering 'Man, i wanna witness but i got no idea how!' Well, we're going to share with you a way to share your faith biblically and effectively and it's not some intellectual mumbo jumbo. It's a simple 4 step way to witness your faith. Remember this WDJD principle and you'll never get lost in a witnessing encounter. Alot of this has been based on biblical methods, Jesus' methods and teachings found from www.livingwaters.com. This method works for 1 on 1 with strangers, friends or even enemies ;). It can work with more than 1 person too but the priciple is the same.

The first step

is to know how to start a conversation. If you haven't been able to start a conversation with someone, just say 'Hi.' it could brighten up their day. Talk about the weather, talk about sports, talk about something that they can relate to.

"Hi there! How's it going?"
"Oh? Pretty good how are you?"

If they don't respond, don't worry too much about it. You'll just feel silly.

If they do respond, find the timing to swing into the spiritual. This is where it gets interesting.

W
"Would you consider yourself to be a good person?"
"Ah yeah pretty much."
"Can i ask you a few questions to see if that's true?"
"Sure! Go ahead."

D
Do you think you've kept the 10 commandments

"Have you ever told a lie?"
"Sure thing."
"If you tell lies what does that make you?"
"A liar?"
"Yep have you ever stolen anything?"
"Nope."
"Comon you just admitted to me you're a liar."
"Oh okay when i was young."
"If you steal things what does that make you?"
"A theif."
"Now Jesus said 'Whoever looks at a woman to lust after HAS already commited adultery in his heart.' ever done that?"
"Yep, plenty of times."

"Woah, what's your name?"
"Jordan."
"Ah Jordan, i'm Dave nice to meet you. Jordan by your own admission you're a lying, theiving adulterer at heart and you'll have to face God on judgement day."

J
Judgement

"If God judges you by the 10 commandments would you be innocent or guilty?"
"Guilty."

D
Destiny

"Would you be going to heaven or hell?"
"Heaven!"
"Why?"
"Because God is good!"
"Yep, you're right, He is good. Therefore He must punish sinners right? If i was a policeman, and my best friend went out and killed someone. Am i not, under the law, to go there and arrest him? But instead i said to myself 'Nah, he's my best friend, i'll let him go.' That will make me corrupt. Therefore if God is perfect and just, how can He just let us go. That would make Him corrupt right?"
"Oh i guess so."
"Again, where will you go? Heaven or hell?"
"Hell..."

THE GOSPEL (2 possible pathways)

1 PROUD HEART
"Now does that concern you?"
"Nope!"
"Are you sure that you're not concerned about it at all? Comon..."
"Nope, not concerned a bit."
"Okay, i'm sorry to hear that, have a nice day."

2 HUMBLE HEART
"Yes!"
"Do you know what God did for you so you wouldn't have to go to hell?"
"No."
"He died on the cross. Took the punishment for us. We broke His law, He paid our fine. God offers you forgiveness for all of your sins. Would you like to know how to get it?"
"Yes!"
"You need to repent, basically you turn from your sin. You repent, and believe in Him, not just know Him, but trust in Him and obey what He tells you. Ask Him to forgive you and help you repent. Just pray to Him, call upon His name and He will hear you. That way, when you die, your sins are forgiven, and you can come into heaven with Him. That's His love for you, instead of giving you justice, He desires mercy."

Quite easy to do and remember. Practice with a friend or yourself. Just get a feel for it. If you can remember these points, you'll never get lost in a conversation. Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS: any changes that need to be made, mistakes etc, PM me i'll check it out.

EDIT: obviously you should be gentle throughout this conversation. i've changed it so that you don't sound like a maniac shouting at someone. Although with text, you can see things in many different ways.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alot of christians are wondering 'Man, i wanna witness but i got no idea how!' Well, we're going to share with you a way to share your faith biblically and effectively and it's not some intellectual mumbo jumbo. It's a simple 4 step way to witness your faith. Remember this WDJD principle and you'll never get lost in a witnessing encounter. Alot of this has been based on biblical methods, Jesus' methods and teachings found from www.livingwaters.com. This method works for 1 on 1 with strangers, friends or even enemies ;). It can work with more than 1 person too but the priciple is the same.

The first step

is to know how to start a conversation. If you haven't been able to start a conversation with someone, just say 'Hi.' it could brighten up their day. Talk about the weather, talk about sports, talk about something that they can relate to.

"Hi there! How's it going?"
"Oh? Pretty good how are you?"

If they don't respond, don't worry too much about it. You'll just feel silly.

If they do respond, find the timing to swing into the spiritual. This is where it gets interesting.

W
"Would you consider yourself to be a good person?"
"Ah yeah pretty much."
"Can i ask you a few questions to see if that's true?"
"Sure! Go ahead."

D
Do you think you've kept the 10 commandments

"Have you ever told a lie?"
"Sure thing."
"If you tell lies what does that make you?"
"A liar?"
"Yep have you ever stolen anything?"
"Nope."
"Comon you just admitted to me you're a liar."
"Oh okay when i was young."
"If you steal things what does that make you?"
"A theif."
"Now Jesus said 'Whoever looks at a woman to lust after HAS already commited adultery in his heart.' ever done that?"
"Yep, plenty of times."

"Woah, what's your name?"
"Jordan."
"Ah Jordan, i'm Dave nice to meet you. Jordan by your own admission you're a lying, theiving adulterer at heart and you'll have to face God on judgement day."

J
Judgement

"If God judges you by the 10 commandments would you be innocent or guilty?"
"Guilty."

D
Destiny

"Would you be going to heaven or hell?"
"Heaven!"
"Why?"
"Because God is good!"
"Yep, you're right, He is good. Therefore He must punish sinners right? If i was a policeman, and my best friend went out and killed someone. Am i not, under the law, to go there and arrest him? But instead i said to myself 'Nah, he's my best friend, i'll let him go.' That will make me corrupt. Therefore if God is perfect and just, how can He just let us go. That would make Him corrupt right?"
"Oh i guess so."
"Again, where will you go? Heaven or hell?"
"Hell..."

THE GOSPEL (2 possible pathways)

1 PROUD HEART
"Nope!"
"Are you sure that you're not concerned about it at all? Comon..."
"Nope, not concerned a bit."
"Okay, i'm sorry to hear that, have a nice day."

2 HUMBLE HEART
"Yes!"
"Do you know what God did for you so you wouldn't have to go to hell?"
"No."
"He died on the cross. Took the punishment for us. We broke His law, He paid our fine. God offers you forgiveness for all of your sins. Would you like to know how to get it?"
"Yes!"
"You need to repent, basically you turn from your sin. You repent, and believe in Him, not just know Him, but trust in Him and obey what He tells you. Ask Him to forgive you and help you repent. Just pray to Him, call upon His name and He will hear you. That way, when you die, your sins are forgiven, and you can come into heaven with Him. That's His love for you, instead of giving you justice, He desires mercy."

Quite easy to do and remember. Practice with a friend or yourself. Just get a feel for it. If you can remember these points, you'll never get lost in a conversation. Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS: any changes that need to be made, mistakes etc, PM me i'll check it out.

EDIT: obviously you should be gentle throughout this conversation. i've changed it so that you don't sound like a maniac shouting at someone. Although with text, you can see things in many different ways.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is another way to witness using the same priciple that Jesus used but would make people feel more comfortable.

Simply by doing it by your own 'self testimony'. Like what Rocklife said.

"Hey guys. Can i share with you something? I just became a christian like 10 weeks ago. The reason being is this. I've broken God's ten commandments. I've told lies, hated people, looked with lust and used God's name in vain. I'm a lying, murdering, adulterer at heart and i have to be punished by God because of it. How about you? Have you told lies? etc?"

Something like that. It's a better way to do it in front of your family members or friends. It helps greatly reduce the 'in your face' levels and rather points to you for your guilt. that way, they will realise that the situation you are in is the same that they are in.

But on the sujbect of trying to make people feel comfortable. We live in a perverse world where people will sin willfully with no conviction. You cannot witness to them and not want to see some kind of conviction. People get uncomfortable because they get convicted. They get worried and you'll learn this as you go. That getting people worried about their salvation is a powerful way to drive them to Christ which will bring fourth joy in speakable. I'm not talking about condemning them because you can't condemn them, they are already condemned if they don't believe.

I guess in your position, you can use the tactic above 'self testimony'. You'll learn as you get older that you have to be direct. Better them feeling uncomfortable than to perish.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sharky:

IF man has a plan on how to witness to others, it would seem that the Holy Spirit has no purpose?
It is The Holy Spirit that witnesses to whom God desires, or is it man?
Men have their own ideas of witnessing. God has only One witness in this age, The Holy Spirit. This is how denominations get their start.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0