Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, size can go down to 1.6×10⁻³⁵ meters, known as the Planck length, the distance light travels in a Planck time.
That’s interesting but the letters are too small and the words are too big for me to try to read all that this late at night.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're good with someone handing out weed to con people in to hearing something about Jesus? Really?
No. But you used the word "we" near the start of your sentence. I definitely would not do that, but if you are, I cannot stop you.

And paying them money as a con is not being worldly?
I give them $5.00 and then I give them an even bigger gift. I tell them the Gospel. What an awesome gift. What better gift is there? Is giving them the gift of the Gospel also worldly?

Perhaps you can study the Word of God and see examples in the New Testament
You seem to be very knowledgeable about how to share the Gospel. Please tell us your personal experiences when telling others the Good News. I can't read of your experiences in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s interesting but the letters are too small and the words are too big for me to try to read all that this late at night.
It basically explains the smallest possible size. I might start a blog here, documenting where the Bible has science in it, including the water cycle, and hot springs (from this source: 40 Major Bible Verses About Science And Technology (2023)).

Ocean hydrothermal vents (discovered 1977): Job 38:16 “Have you entered the springs of the sea, And walked in the depth of the ocean?”

Water cycle: Job 36:27-28 “He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind.”

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me I’m kind of timid when it comes to sharing the gospel. It’s not something I’m proud of. I have no problem expressing my faith but I do have a tendency to only talk about the gospel if someone shows interest. I have a buddy that will just try to save anyone anywhere like he has no problem at all. If you’re standing in a line at a grocery store or a McDonald’s and he’s in line with you, he’s gonna try to save you. No doubt.

Edit: it’s my timidness I’m not proud of not the gospel. Just to clarify.
Pray that God will give you a love for the lost. That love will overcome fear and will drive you to tell others the Gospel.
Also, write out the Gospel and the reason why Jesus had to die (our sin). Then memorise it. This way, when you do share, you can have something already inside of you that can come out. It becomes a part of you. Whatever you put in is what will come out.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, remember this verse, my friend: Psalm 111:2 "Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them." This verse expresses admiration for God's great creation and works. Scientists engage with these works through their research and discovery. Faith and science complement each other, as both can acknowledge God's presence and power in the natural world. Scientific inquiry can be driven by a belief in a deeper meaning to the universe and a recognition of God's involvement. The verse affirms that studying God's works deepens our appreciation for and connection to the LORD. :)

We as a society may never understand the full workings of God's creation, but strive to study His Creation to the best of our abilities.
I’m a young earth creationist. I believe the earth showed age the day it was created just like Adam did and the plants God provide for him and Eve to eat. I believe we can see the light from the stars even though some are 46 billion light years away because God put them there to be signs of the seasons. I believe the minerals in the earth already had decayed isotopes on day one of creation. And I believe ice layers aren’t formed annually they’re formed by melting and freezing temperatures.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It basically explains the smallest possible size. I might start a blog here, documenting where the Bible has science in it, including the water cycle, and hot springs (from this source: 40 Major Bible Verses About Science And Technology (2023)).

Ocean hydrothermal vents (discovered 1977): Job 38:16 “Have you entered the springs of the sea, And walked in the depth of the ocean?”

Water cycle: Job 36:27-28 “He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind.”
One of my favorites “God stretched out the heavens” which is why we can see stars that are 46 billion light years away.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m a young earth creationist. I believe the earth showed age the day it was created just like Adam did and the plants God provide for him and Eve to eat. I believe we can see the light from the stars even though some are 46 billion light years away because God put them there to be signs of the seasons. I believe the minerals in the earth already had decayed isotopes on day one of creation. And I believe ice layers aren’t formed annually they’re formed by melting and freezing temperatures.
I am an old-earth creationist, but we both believe that God made the universe, so we are both good. :) The age of Creation does not matter, as long as we follow John 3:16-17.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pray that God will give you a love for the lost. That love will overcome fear and will drive you to tell others the Gospel.
Also, write out the Gospel and the reason why Jesus had to die (our sin). Then memorise it. This way, when you do share, you can have something already inside of you that can come out. It becomes a part of you. Whatever you put in is what will come out.
I have love for the lost brother, it’s just sometimes people just don’t want to hear the gospel and I don’t want to be the type that is intrusive. “he who has ears to hear, let him hear”.

• Informative
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do love to discuss the word of God and studying it, is a passion of mine. I like learning about church history and the early church writings. But all that is a vast amount of information that takes time to learn and I probably haven’t even scratched the surface.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have love for the lost brother, it’s just sometimes people just don’t want to hear the gospel and I don’t want to be the type that is intrusive. “he who has ears to hear, let him hear”.
You will find that most people do not want to hear the Gospel. The reason they do not want to hear it is because they are prideful and so they think that they are good people. But if we show them that they have sinned against God, they will be offended and not like it. Jesus even said that the world hated Him because He told them of their evil deeds. If we do the same, then the world will not like us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do love to discuss the word of God and studying it, is a passion of mine. I like learning about church history and the early church writings. But all that is a vast amount of information that takes time to learn and I probably haven’t even scratched the surface.
In reality, we do not need to know all the church's history or the early church writings. These can be useful, but the most important thing is the Gospel. Learn how to share it. Here is a link that may help.
Davd Hunter should be able to give you more info on these if you would like to give it a go.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There was one time when I was in a situation and I should’ve shared the gospel and I didn’t and still to this day it really disappoints me. I was driving home from work one day driving on the freeway and all the sudden the 18 wheeler in front of me slammed on the brakes. I screeched to a stop and saw the driver of the vehicle get out and walk to the front of his truck. I got out and walked to the front of the truck because I thought I saw something fall from the overpass above and when I got to the front of the truck there was a man laying in the road. His head was bleeding and he wasn’t conscious but he was still breathing. The man jumped off the overpass onto the freeway right in front of the truck apparently trying to kill himself. A lot of other people came as I called 911 and after I got off the phone I wanted to tell him to accept Jesus as his Savior but I didn’t because I thought people might get mad at me for scaring him into thinking that he was going to die. So I didn’t say anything to him. I don’t know if he would’ve heard me. When the ambulance arrived they were on the wrong side of the freeway. We were in the far left lane and the ambulance arrived on the opposite direction and pulled onto the shoulder. They said they were going to turn around and come to our side. I said this guy is hurt bad he’s bleeding from his head he needs help now. They were like 50 feet from him. All they had to do was hop over a 3 foot tall concrete wall and he was right there. None of them got out to help him. They drove away and drove to the next exit then turned around and finally got back. By then they guy was dead. And to this day I still can’t help but to think that maybe he wasn’t saved and maybe I could’ve helped save him.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In reality, we do not need to know all the church's history or the early church writings. These can be useful, but the most important thing is the Gospel. Learn how to share it. Here is a link that may help.
Davd Hunter should be able to give you more info on these if you would like to give it a go.
I like to study the early church writings to help understand how the early church interpreted the scriptures. I believe they’re very important for understanding how the early church understood them.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also church history can help in understanding what happened in the church and what mistakes were made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m off for now guys my phone battery is about to die. Have a blessed evening or day depending on where you at. Been fun God bless
Thank you bro. God bless. I have to go rest, as it is after midnight here.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was one time when I was in a situation and I should’ve shared the gospel and I didn’t and still to this day it really disappoints me. I was driving home from work one day driving on the freeway and all the sudden the 18 wheeler in front of me slammed on the brakes. I screeched to a stop and saw the driver of the vehicle get out and walk to the front of his truck. I got out and walked to the front of the truck because I thought I saw something fall from the overpass above and when I got to the front of the truck there was a man laying in the road. His head was bleeding and he wasn’t conscious but he was still breathing. The man jumped off the overpass onto the freeway right in front of the truck apparently trying to kill himself. A lot of other people came as I called 911 and after I got off the phone I wanted to tell him to accept Jesus as his Savior but I didn’t because I thought people might get mad at me for scaring him into thinking that he was going to die. So I didn’t say anything to him. I don’t know if he would’ve heard me. When the ambulance arrived they were on the wrong side of the freeway. We were in the far left lane and the ambulance arrived on the opposite direction and pulled onto the shoulder. They said they were going to turn around and come to our side. I said this guy is hurt bad he’s bleeding from his head he needs help now. They were like 50 feet from him. All they had to do was hop over a 3 foot tall concrete wall and he was right there. None of them got out to help him. They drove away and drove to the next exit then turned around and finally got back. By then they guy was dead. And to this day I still can’t help but to think that maybe he wasn’t saved and maybe I could’ve helped save him.
I had a situation where I became friends with this person, and I felt strongly that I should share the Gospel with him on this particular day. But instead, I thought to myself that I could do it another time. The following day, he was dead. I hesitated.
So, I learned from this. I cannot procrastinate. People's lives are at stake. Their eternity is at stake. We only have so long in our lives as time is short. Don't waste it. History is interesting but it was for people's eternities that Jesus came.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had a situation where I became friends with this person, and I felt strongly that I should share the Gospel with him on this particular day. But instead, I thought to myself that I could do it another time. The following day, he was dead. I hesitated.
So, I learned from this. I cannot procrastinate. People's lives are at stake. Their eternity is at stake. We only have so long in our lives as time is short. Don't waste it. History is interesting but it was for people's eternities that Jesus came.
Well I think having a good solid foundation of what to actually preach to others begins with determining what the early Church actually taught. At the time when I was learning about church history I had only been a Christian for about 2 years and I was trying to find the apostolic Church of God because I believe what Jesus said in Matthew 16:18.

”I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.“
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16‬:‭18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

At this time in my life I was trying to find out what happened to the apostolic Church of God because we all have the same scriptures. What we all don’t have are the same interpretations. So we can read the scriptures for a thousand years and arrive at all sorts of different interpretations. I believed that God’s church must always remain and that it’s a matter of just searching for it and finding it in order to examine how they interpreted the scriptures. First I examined the Roman Catholic Church and it didn’t take long to realize that this was not the apostolic Church of God not only because of their theology but also because of their actions. So I began to look at the other apostolic churches and from what I found I came to the conclusion that the Eastern Orthodox Church seemed to have the apostolic roots, the correct theology, and their actions were congruent to the teachings of Christ and the New Testament authors. However, they do hold to some teachings that I either disagree with or believe there is insufficient information to support. They are trivial matters like the real body of Christ in the Eucharist, and the perpetual virginity of Mary. But as far as their theology on salvation I believe they have the most accurate interpretation that is supported by both the scriptures and the early church writings. I thought it was important to first figure out what I believe before I begin to teach others what I have learned and why I believe what I believe. Don’t get me wrong evangelizing is a very important part of our calling but what we evangelize is just as important.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will find that every church has issues. The reason for this is that the church is made up of people who do wrong. Even the church I go to has issues. What we need to do is to find the best church in your area and then go to it and see if you can contribute to building up the people. Teach them and encourage them. Then, if you do evangelise, you can recommend your own local church.
It may not be the perfect church, but it will have people who love God and honour Him.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You will find that every church has issues. The reason for this is that the church is made up of people who do wrong. Even the church I go to has issues. What we need to do is to find the best church in your area and then go to it and see if you can contribute to building up the people. Teach them and encourage them. Then, if you do evangelise, you can recommend your own local church.
It may not be the perfect church, but it will have people who love God and honour Him.
Yeah but the point was to search for the interpretation that the authors of the New Testament intended. Someone could take the advice you just gave and go down the street to the closest church and end up in a Calvinist church, a Universalist church, a Mormon church, or maybe a Jehovah’s Witness church which all teach an extremely different theology than the apostolic church taught. Interpretation is key because there’s only one truth. What’s the point of reading the Bible if you completely missed the message that it was intended to convey?

Upvote 0