Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When out in public and in our everyday lives, it's good to witness for the Lord to reach out to others with the gospel. To do so, sometimes we need an "icebreaker" to get the conversation started.

One of the best icebreaker I've heard of is to ask someone, "So, have you decided what to about Jesus yet"?

The way they answer lets you know whether they are a believer, or not a believers but are interested in knowing more, and sometimes they reply in a way to let you know they have no interesting and do not want to discuss anything about Jesus.

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about this to ask others if they have heard of any good icebreakers to use when getting a conversation started about Jesus in hopes of finding people that will be interested and will be open to lean more about the Lord so we can lead them to become believers.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When out in public and in our everyday lives, it's good to witness for the Lord to reach out to others with the gospel. To do so, sometimes we need an "icebreaker" to get the conversation started.

One of the best icebreaker I've heard of is to ask someone, "So, have you decided what to about Jesus yet"?

The way they answer lets you know whether they are a believer, or not a believers but are interested in knowing more, and sometimes they reply in a way to let you know they have no interesting and do not want to discuss anything about Jesus.

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about this to ask others if they have heard of any good icebreakers to use when getting a conversation started about Jesus in hopes of finding people that will be interested and will be open to lean more about the Lord so we can lead them to become believers.
I am not an evangelist or witness type of dude, but here it goes: "Notice how the moon is just the right size to cover up the sun during an eclipse, or how the Earth is in just the right spot in the universe to bear life? Doesn't it seem that an intelligence planned this out?"

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Notice how the moon is just the right size to cover up the sun during an eclipse, or how the Earth is in just the right spot in the universe to bear life? Doesn't it seem that an intelligence planned this out?"

I've heard that many of the scientists that believe in intelligent design believe aliens created the universe and mankind and there is not God.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard that many of the scientists that believe in intelligent design believe aliens created the universe and mankind and there is not God.
I have heard that also, but that aliens logic is absurd. It seems like a lot of folks do not like admitting that God created the universe.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For an icebreaker, I wouldn't think mentioning intelligent design would be a good idea since the devil is spreading the rumor that intelligent design is aliens
Thank you. For me, I think intelligent design is from God, not space aliens. How about Eucharistic miracles, where bread turns into blood? Would that be a good icebreaker?

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. For me, I think intelligent design is from God, not space aliens. How about Eucharistic miracles, where bread turns into blood? Would that be a good icebreaker?

Probably not. We have to remember when witnessing we are reaching out to people that know nothing of the things of God so it's more about getting them to open up and be receptive than anything we believe in or like.

Besides, the bread is still just bread as sending it to a lab would reveal.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably not. We have to remember when witnessing we are reaching out to people that know nothing of the things of God so it's more about getting them to open up and be receptive than anything we believe in or like.

Besides, the bread is still just bread as sending it to a lab would reveal.
Actually, the bread can sometimes turn into blood, AB type to be specific [PDF]: https://nacn-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/Zugibe-scanned-reports-26-3-05-and-15-3-05-RON-ack.pdf

But yeah, this is why I do not want to become a witnesser or evangelist. I'll let other people do the talking, and I will just try to follow Christ's teachings and show Jesus's mercy to others.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,939,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I remember an "icebreaker" (used by a street evangelist who spent most of his time on my college campus) who always said the same thing to everybody, even if he'd witnessed to you before. He would walk up, hand you a little copy of the Gospel of John and tell you that, "You're going to Hell"!

That's it :)

I don't know if anyone became a believer based upon his unique evangelistic approach, but it did make an impression that was (obviously) hard to forget (that was about 50 years ago in my case).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, the bread can sometimes turn into blood

Yeah, I don't believe in catholic teachings since they are no found in God's Word so I'd pass on all that stuff.

Who created the aliens

They aren't actually aliens but demons and/or nephilim

God created all being and these fallen ones are subject to the mighty Name of Jesus Christ which is why none of them will be manifesting around me!

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He would walk up, hand you a little copy of the Gospel of John and tell you that, "You're going to Hell"!

I could see using that with a quick follow up of something like, "but you don't have to... let me explain how"

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,939,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I could see using that with a quick follow up of something like, "but you don't have to... let me explain how"
Agreed, that would be good, but my "campus" evangelist never had a follow-up of any kind :oops: (maybe he would have said more if someone responded, but I don't remember anyone doing that)

I finally became a Christian (about 10 years later), but I'm not sure if the, "You're Going to Hell", evangelistic spiel had much, if anything, to do with it?

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got born again in a small country Assembly of God church after hearing the preacher teach on hell saying those who are not born again will be tormented in the eternal fires of hell for ever and ever (a friend who had recently got saved invited me)

Yeah so that did not sound like anything I wanted to experience at all much less for eternity so when the preacher asked if anybody wanted to get saved my arm went up immediately!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,464.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some ways to have a conversation:

Icebreaker1
Excuse me. For $5.00, can you finish this verse? “I am the way the truth and the life…”

Icebreaker2
Do you think there's an afterlife?
Do you believe in God's existence?
Got a question for you. Where do you think conscience comes from?
Do you always obey your conscience?
Do you think that there is a possibility that God gave you a conscience?
Did you know the conscience can be dulled? It's like if you leave the smoke detector beeping, eventually, the batteries will go flat. It won’t alarm you if you do that. And some people dull their conscience, so it doesn't speak to them.
Is there an objective moral standard that you can go by in life?
Many people look to the 10 Commandments for a moral standard.
So how many commandments can you name?
Do you think you are a good person?
Okay. Can I ask you some questions to see if you are a good person?

Icebreaker 3
Do you think there's an afterlife? Not sure
Do you believe in God's existence? NO
You know I can show you that there is a God just by using logic. How?
You see that building over there, how do you know that there was a builder? - Because the building is there. You can see it. Someone had to have built it.
If I had a painting in my hand that is over 400 years old, how do you know that there was a painter? - Because you can see the painting. It exists. And even if the painter died hundreds of years ago, and you have never saw him, you still know that there was a painter.
Likewise, the proof of a creator is creation. The flowers and birds and trees, sun, moon, stars, seasons, male and female, and all the species, the miracle of the human eye, the marvel of childbirth. All these things show us there's a Creator. And just as you saw the order and design in the building and the painting, you see order and design in creation. Order and design are signs of intelligence.
So, the builder built the building, and the painter painted the painting, the creator created creation.
And you know God demands morality too. Because He’s given you a conscience. So, do you think you are a good person?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,876.00
Faith
Lutheran

Icebreaker1
Excuse me. For $5.00, can you finish this verse? “I am the way the truth and the life…”

Icebreaker2
Did you know the conscience can be dulled? It's like if you leave the smoke detector beeping, eventually, the batteries will go flat. It won’t alarm you if you do that. And some people dull their conscience, so it doesn't speak to them.

Icebreaker 3
You see that building over there, how do you know that there was a builder? - Because the building is there. You can see it. Someone had to have built it.
If I had a painting in my hand that is over 400 years old, how do you know that there was a painter? - Because you can see the painting. It exists. And even if the painter died hundreds of years ago, and you have never saw him, you still know that there was a painter.
Likewise, the proof of a creator is creation. The flowers and birds and trees, sun, moon, stars, seasons, male and female, and all the species, the miracle of the human eye, the marvel of childbirth. All these things show us there's a Creator. And just as you saw the order and design in the building and the painting, you see order and design in creation. Order and design are signs of intelligence.
So, the builder built the building, and the painter painted the painting, the creator created creation.
And you know God demands morality too. Because He’s given you a conscience. So, do you think you are a good person?
I like many of these, but forms of Icebreaker 1 have often worked with us. It's the same thing clever street performers and magicians do, draw the listener in. And you'd be surprised how many will engage when Biblical topics and verses are brought up.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I don't see any of the Apostles entertaining the people or teaching others to entertain them with performers and magic tricks.

Christians trying to being like the world is one of the problems that cause those in the world to reject the Gospel.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,464.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't see any of the Apostles entertaining the people or teaching others to entertain them with performers and magic tricks.

Christians trying to being like the world is one of the problems that cause those in the world to reject the Gospel.
To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak; I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. 1 Cor 9:22-23
By all means, save the lost.
How do you share the Gospel?

Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟341,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Icebreaker1

Icebreaker2

Icebreaker 3

These are all great!!! Icebreaker 1, I'll offer $10 to someone if they can name all 10 Commandments.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By all means, save the lost.

By... ALL means? Including being friendly with the world making ourselves enemies of God? (James 4:4)

The Joel Osteen model is tickling people's ears to give them what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.

How do you share the Gospel?

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God so somebody needs to speak God's Word to them including God's warnings of what happens to those that do not get saved as that is part of the message.

Upvote 0