Witnessing Icebreakers

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟341,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God so somebody needs to speak God's Word to them including God's warnings of what happens to those that do not get saved as that is part of the message.

And how do you share this with people?

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By... ALL means? Including being friendly with the world making ourselves enemies of God? (James 4:4)
Offering someone $5 to finish a Bible verse does not make you an enemy of God. Neither does it make you a friend of the world.
Was Paul also a friend of the world when he used the unknown God in evangelism? Certainly not. Of course, he was not of the world. He simply used what was available to him so that he could share the Gospel. He is not a Joel Osteen

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God so somebody needs to speak God's Word to them including God's warnings of what happens to those that do not get saved as that is part of the message.
Exactly. We need to speak. But often believers need something to get a crowd to listen to them. And so, $5.00 does that. It is a low price for others to hear the Gospel.
Can you share with us your experiences in how you share the Gospel?

Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Offering someone $5 to finish a Bible verse does not make you an enemy of God.

But it does make one foolish.

Was Paul also a friend of the world when he used the unknown God in evangelism?

All he did was mention a false god in a sermon

We need to speak. But often believers need something to get a crowd to listen to them. And so, $5.00 does

What if we hand out weed? That will get them to pay attention. How bout hiring some strippers to dance nekkid? You can reach young men like that! Oh the possibilities if we follow the Joel Osteen model and keep it all positive!

Can you share with us your experiences in how you share the Gospel?

I already did, you must have missed it.

I'm certainly not trying to buy them off with money, they'll think I'm with the federal government or something.
funny.gif

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟83,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it does make one foolish.
If you class using tools to share the Gospel as foolish. Then, that is me. :)
I also use a flipchart that has the Gospel on it. I guess that that is also foolish. If so, then that is me. I am a fool for Christ. Who's fool are you?

What if we hand out weed? That will get them to pay attention. How bout hiring some strippers to dance nekkid? You can reach young men like that! Oh the possibilities if we follow the Joel Osteen model and keep it all positive!
If you wish you can do that. I prefer not to do things like that as that would be worldly.

I already did, you must have missed it.
Nope. You definitely did not say how you share the Gospel. I just went through your post and all you have done is denigrate those that do share the Gospel.
So, please tell us how you share the Gospel?

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you wish you can do that.

So you're good with someone handing out weed to con people in to hearing something about Jesus? Really?

I prefer not to do things like that as that would be worldly.

And paying them money as a con is not being worldly?

So, please tell us how you share the Gospel?

Google it.

Perhaps you can study the Word of God and see examples in the New Testament

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that many of the scientists that believe in intelligent design believe aliens created the universe and mankind and there is not God.
That’s kind of where I started out. Although I was an agnostic so I believed it was either God or aliens. After I came to Christ I remember telling my pastor that I was actually right since God is not from the earth technically that kind of makes Him an extraterrestrial being. To which he corrected me by saying true but aliens can’t speak entire universes into existence. Touché

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh. One other thing that you have missed. Joel Osteen tries to trick others into giving him money. I am trying to give money away. LOL
Awe man I don’t think that fair brother.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that also, but that aliens logic is absurd. It seems like a lot of folks do not like admitting that God created the universe.
I wouldn’t say it’s absurd because mathematically speaking if space is infinite and it contains an infinite number of planets what are the odds that there would be other planets with life on them? The answer is that there would be an infinite number of planets with life on them. That’s how I viewed it when I was an agnostic.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn’t say it’s absurd because mathematically speaking if space is infinite and it contains an infinite number of planets what are the odds that there would be other planets with life on them? The answer is that there would be an infinite number of planets with life on them. That’s how I viewed it when I was an agnostic.
True. But, but space is not infinite. It is finite, but just really big. If space is infinite, there would be duplicates of you and me on a planet that looks exactly as the Earth does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When out in public and in our everyday lives, it's good to witness for the Lord to reach out to others with the gospel. To do so, sometimes we need an "icebreaker" to get the conversation started.

One of the best icebreaker I've heard of is to ask someone, "So, have you decided what to about Jesus yet"?

The way they answer lets you know whether they are a believer, or not a believers but are interested in knowing more, and sometimes they reply in a way to let you know they have no interesting and do not want to discuss anything about Jesus.

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about this to ask others if they have heard of any good icebreakers to use when getting a conversation started about Jesus in hopes of finding people that will be interested and will be open to lean more about the Lord so we can lead them to become believers.
Ok here’s one. Man it’s a lovely day out today isn’t it? REPENT!! REPENT!! FOR THE END IS AT HAND!!

Ok that’s just silly

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When out in public and in our everyday lives, it's good to witness for the Lord to reach out to others with the gospel. To do so, sometimes we need an "icebreaker" to get the conversation started.

One of the best icebreaker I've heard of is to ask someone, "So, have you decided what to about Jesus yet"?

The way they answer lets you know whether they are a believer, or not a believers but are interested in knowing more, and sometimes they reply in a way to let you know they have no interesting and do not want to discuss anything about Jesus.

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about this to ask others if they have heard of any good icebreakers to use when getting a conversation started about Jesus in hopes of finding people that will be interested and will be open to lean more about the Lord so we can lead them to become believers.
Ok on a serious note. I think a good approach is if there’s a kid around you might say something like awe he’s so adorable they’re such a blessing aren’t they? Even atheists won’t deny that, most people will just say yeah they sure are.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True. But, but space is not infinite. It is finite, but just really big. If space is infinite, there would be duplicates of you and me on a planet that looks exactly as the Earth does.
Ok I’m not convinced of that. Is there like a barrier or something?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi RocK Guy,

I would be interested in knowing how you personally share the Gospel with others.
Me I’m kind of timid when it comes to sharing the gospel. It’s not something I’m proud of. I have no problem expressing my faith but I do have a tendency to only talk about the gospel if someone shows interest. I have a buddy that will just try to save anyone anywhere like he has no problem at all. If you’re standing in a line at a grocery store or a McDonald’s and he’s in line with you, he’s gonna try to save you. No doubt.

Edit: it’s my timidness I’m not proud of not the gospel. Just to clarify.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah and that’s not even getting into infinitely small and how huge that dimension can be. If that makes any sense.
Yeah, size can go down to 1.6×10⁻³⁵ meters, known as the Planck length, the distance light travels in a Planck time.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do I trust astronomers? Well they are scientists so I do have my doubts. Typically scientists are notorious for underestimating God’s ability and unfortunately His existence in most cases.
Hey, remember this verse, my friend: Psalm 111:2 "Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them." This verse expresses admiration for God's great creation and works. Scientists engage with these works through their research and discovery. Faith and science complement each other, as both can acknowledge God's presence and power in the natural world. Scientific inquiry can be driven by a belief in a deeper meaning to the universe and a recognition of God's involvement. The verse affirms that studying God's works deepens our appreciation for and connection to the LORD. :)

We as a society may never understand the full workings of God's creation, but strive to study His Creation to the best of our abilities.

Upvote 0