✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word of God says:
Genesis 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Falsely so called science says:
The moon does not have light. The sun's light is reflected off the moon surface.

So which do creationists believe? Are you really going to "adapt" God's word to aethiest science unscientific explanations? No man has gone past the firmament (they tried to in Genesis and God confounded them).

sadly folks adapt (or ignore)the presentation of facts in favor of their choice of believed theory all the time..

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The word of God says:
Genesis 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The moon does not have light. The sun's light is reflected off the moon surface.

It is a fact that the moon reflects the light of the sun. Our knowledge of the layout of our solar system explains EXACTLY what we see. And there are a great many problems that cannot be solved if we assume the moon produces its own light. In this case, the Bible is just wrong. The moon reflects light. It does not produce it.

So which do creationists believe? Are you really going to "adapt" God's word to aethiest science unscientific explanations? No man has gone past the firmament (they tried to in Genesis and God confounded them).

Yes, and thank goodness with all out space travel and all that, we still haven't got as high as those people back then with their primitive tower building techniques. The maximum height record for Humans is still held by people who lived thousands of years ago.

*facepalm*

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

madaz

dyslexic agnostic insomniac
Mar 14, 2012
Gold Coast Australia
✟16,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about any of you, but when I walk out into my yard at night and the moon is anywhere near to being full, my yard is lit up with light. Amazing.

Amazing alright, and get this, the only time we observe the moon being anywhere near full, is when Earth is between the sunlight and the moon.

images

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, that is just your opinion. The bible did not say it rotates....in fact the very opposite.

Don't try to conform God's word to "modern day" science.

Why not? Without rotation, how do you get alternating day and night?

The Bible says: love people. Then don't you need to figure out how to love people?

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,294.00
Faith
Atheist
The word of God says:

I think you're right, the people who wrote the bible didn't realize that the moon reflected sunlight.

Or if you believe the bible is the word of God, you would say God didn't realize the moon reflected sunlight.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,294.00
Faith
Atheist

The Bible says: love people. Then don't you need to figure out how to love people?

The earth is flat. The Sun goes under the earth at night. That's what they thought when the bible was written, hence the Genesis explanation.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God created light and divided the light from the darkness. He did not yet created the sun, the moon, or the earth. YET we know the very first day was before they were created.

Even if the earth rotated/revolved before creation the sun/moon/stars, what would be giving it the light? Nothing. It was God who was giving the light. Why you need "rotation/revolve" to get light when they did not exist in the first place....is absurd.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The earth is flat. The Sun goes under the earth at night. That's what they thought when the bible was written, hence the Genesis explanation.

The earth is flat. That's not "what they thought"....it is what God said. Moses, as he was moved by the holy ghost, put God's word into paper. He wrote what God told him to write. It's not what the "people thought".

Back then, what Moses said through God and what the people thought were drastically different, let me give an example:

Matthew 19:8:
He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

This proves once and for heliocentrism is a fraud, the word of God says it is so. I don't care if NASA says the moon gives its light by reflection, I don't believe it, I'll go with God's word when he said he created 2 actual lights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Romans 1:22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1 Corinthians 3:18: Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1 Corinthians 1:27:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Romans 3:16:
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The facts are clear. There was evening and morning and the very first day before the sun, moon, and stars were created. It is shocking at how many baptists "ignore this" or "add their own opinon using worldly science" to this statement. I for one will take root in the word of God and will not be swayed by the wind with every new "science doctrine".

Upvote 0

JayFern

Oct 14, 2014
✟791.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Romans 1:22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1 Corinthians 3:18: Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1 Corinthians 1:27:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Romans 3:16:
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The facts are clear. There was evening and morning and the very first day before the sun, moon, and stars were created. It is shocking at how many baptists "ignore this" or "add their own opinon using worldly science" to this statement. I for one will take root in the word of God and will not be swayed by the wind with every new "science doctrine".
28 and still believing fairy stories.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,349.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The moon is not always present in the night sky to 'rule' it. (Otherwise, solar eclipses such as the recent partial one could not occur.)

That's because of the fall throwing the moon out of whack, duh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why you need "rotation/revolve" to get light when they did not exist in the first place....is absurd.

Rotation does not give light. It gives day/night.
The light was there before the end of Day 1. It does not matter what kind of light (it could be x-ray or gamma ray).

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rotation does not give light. It gives day/night.
The light was there before the end of Day 1. It does not matter what kind of light (it could be x-ray or gamma ray).

Did you even read Genesis?!?!?!? I mean this is so basic.....

The earth had NO FORM and was VOID when God created the light. The very first day, the earth had NO FORM and was VOID. There was nothing that rotated!

Go and re-read Genesis:
Genesis 1:2-5:
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
The word of God said the very first day was without the sun, with out the moon, without the stars, and with the earth having form and being void. End of Discussion.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did you even read Genesis?!?!?!? I mean this is so basic.....

The earth had NO FORM and was VOID when God created the light. The very first day, the earth had NO FORM and was VOID. There was nothing that rotated!

Go and re-read Genesis:
The word of God said the very first day was without the sun, with out the moon, without the stars, and with the earth having form and being void. End of Discussion.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Where does God say "let the earth rotate"? I don't know what bible you are reading, but in my bible, it says God said "let there be light". It does not say anything about rotation. That must be your own opinion. I take God's word literally....especially something important as the forming of the foundations of the "universe".

I guess when the antichrist comes and the mark of the beast, you'll be excuses about that too.

Upvote 0