Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God created light on day one and there are YEC who say that was 6,000 years ago. For me I am YEC because Adam lived 6,000 years ago.

The question for YEC is what about the speed of light. The light you look at from stars and distant galaxy are 13 billion light years away. We can actually see the beginning of the universe because the light is just now getting here to us. If you can travel at the speed of light it would take 4.25 years to get to the nearest star. This is why I do not believe aliens have been to the earth. It would take 9 months for us to get to mars.

There actually is no time at the speed of light. I believe that the universe is 13 billion years old and the age or era we live in began 13,000 years ago with each day in genesis being 1,000 years. They call this dispensationalism.

I say I am YEC because Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. History and Science confirms this to be true. This was the beginning of civilization. It was also the beginning of the Hebrew people.

• New research, based on Y-chromosome analysis, reveals intriguing insights.
  • A study published in The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found a genetic link between Jews and Palestinians.
  • This link suggests that these two peoples, despite their long-standing conflict, indeed share a common ancestry dating back 4,000 years.
  • The study focused on the Y chromosome, which is passed from father to son.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But
God created light on day one and there are YEC who say that was 6,000 years ago. For me I am YEC because Adam lived 6,000 years ago.

The question for YEC is what about the speed of light. The light you look at from stars and distant galaxy are 13 billion light years away. We can actually see the beginning of the universe because the light is just now getting here to us. If you can travel at the speed of light it would take 4.25 years to get to the nearest star. This is why I do not believe aliens have been to the earth. It would take 9 months for us to get to mars.

There actually is no time at the speed of light. I believe that the universe is 13 billion years old and the age or era we live in began 13,000 years ago with each day in genesis being 1,000 years. They call this dispensationalism.

I say I am YEC because Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. History and Science confirms this to be true. This was the beginning of civilization. It was also the beginning of the Hebrew people.

• New research, based on Y-chromosome analysis, reveals intriguing insights.
  • A study published in The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found a genetic link between Jews and Palestinians.
  • This link suggests that these two peoples, despite their long-standing conflict, indeed share a common ancestry dating back 4,000 years.
  • The study focused on the Y chromosome, which is passed from father to son.
But, your profile says that you are also an OEC. So, can you please choose one? OEC or YEC? I am an OEC, cos I believe our universe is 13.8 billion years old. How can you be both at the same time?

1713449748918.png

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
But, your profile says that you are also an OEC
I already answered that question. Based on the book written 500 years ago by Bishop Ussher. ONLY chapter one talks about creation. All of Bishop Usshers book and all of the Bible talks about the last 6,000 years.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I already answered that question. Based on the book written 500 years ago by Bishop Ussher. ONLY chapter one talks about creation. All of Bishop Usshers book and all of the Bible talks about the last 6,000 years.
Ok. Have a good day.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, when dealing with the time of an astronomical event, there are two logical questions: ‘When did we see it happen?’ and ‘When did it really happen?
  • The James Webb Space Telescope (Webb), our celestial time machine, gazes back over 13.5 billion years.
  • The first 200 million years there was no light but they can study the microwaves.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • The James Webb Space Telescope (Webb), our celestial time machine, gazes back over 13.5 billion years.
  • The first 200 million years there was no light but they can study the microwaves.
The posted article is many pages long and this is your very short response?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The posted article is many pages long and this is your very short response?
Your article says: "The Bible states in the first chapter of Genesis that God made the stars on Day 4 of Creation Week." This is NOT TRUE. The Bible says; In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth". In the order of events God made the stars before He made the earth. God made the Heavens and the Earth on the first day. Not Day 4.

Why should I keep reading when everything that follows is based on a faulty premise that contradicts the Bible? If you do keep reading you just find more contradictions and errors. Although I think the appearance of age theory is interesting. But why would God try to trick us like that? My Bible says you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. So God is all about truth.

I have lots of books that are pretty much a waste of time because the author does not know what they are talking about. If they did understand their subject they could easily explain it in a magazine article. So I do not waste my time to get caught up in people confusion like that. I would rather spend my time on people that know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your article says: "The Bible states in the first chapter of Genesis that God made the stars on Day 4 of Creation Week." This is NOT TRUE. The Bible says; In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth". In the order of events God made the stars before He made the earth. God made the Heavens and the Earth on the first day. Not Day 4.

Why should I keep reading when everything that follows is based on a faulty premise that contradicts the Bible? If you do keep reading you just find more contradictions and errors. Although I think the appearance of age theory is interesting. But why would God try to trick us like that? My Bible says you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. So God is all about truth.

I have lots of books that are pretty much a waste of time because the author does not know what they are talking about. If they did understand their subject they could easily explain it in a magazine article. So I do not waste my time to get caught up in people confusion like that. I would rather spend my time on people that know what they are talking about.
Genesis 1:14-19

What do those verses say?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What do those verses say?
"14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens"

Genesis chapter 1, the awe-inspiring account of creation, contains 35 unique words that weave together the grand tapestry of the world’s inception. In this passage we are dealing with the word firmament. Do you need me to tell you what a firmament is?

Heavenly Vault:
I can not stress enough that we ONLY have 35 words and we need to be very careful to understand what their meaning is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, can you please choose one? OEC or YEC?
YEC talks about the last 6,000 years or the last 6,000 years and one week. So when I say I am YEC that means I believe most all of the Bible from chapter two of Genesis talks about the last 6,000 years. I do not try to explain seven 24 hour days, other people do that.

You want me to choose between the last 6,000 years and the last 13.8 billion years. They are not mutually exclusive. They both exist. A day is a literal 24 hour day, a day is also 1,000 years and the first day was 8 billion years. All three exist and you do not have to pick one or the other.

It did not take God a whole week the Beginning of Creation was one trillion of one trillion of one trillion of a second. Actually we consider the beginning as the smallest unit of time that the laws of Physics can account for. (Planck time)

Everything was there in the beginning. Even we are told the end is in the beginning. Nothing was added as far as we know. We started off with hydrogen helium and a little lithium. The laws must have been in effect in he beginning. But we do not understand the connection between cause and effect. We try to surmise law of Physics based on the effect. The force behind how helium and hydrogen are formed into the elements that make up life as we know it today. Along with God's desire to tabernacle with man or to become a part of His creation. Then when classic physics is no longer in effect quantum physics is used to explain what we observe.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YEC talks about the last 6,000 years or the last 6,000 years and one week. So when I say I am YEC that means I believe most all of the Bible from chapter two of Genesis talks about the last 6,000 years. I do not try to explain seven 24 hour days, other people do that.

You want me to choose between the last 6,000 years and the last 13.8 billion years. They are not mutually exclusive. They both exist. A day is a literal 24 hour day, a day is also 1,000 years and the first day was 8 billion years. All three exist and you do not have to pick one or the other.

It did not take God a whole week the Beginning of Creation was one trillion of one trillion of one trillion of a second. Actually we consider the beginning as the smallest unit of time that the laws of Physics can account for. (Planck time)

Everything was there in the beginning. Even we are told the end is in the beginning. Nothing was added as far as we know. We started off with hydrogen helium and a little lithium. The laws must have been in effect in he beginning. But we do not understand the connection between cause and effect. We try to surmise law of Physics based on the effect. The force behind how helium and hydrogen are formed into the elements that make up life as we know it today. Along with God's desire to tabernacle with man or to become a part of His creation. Then when classic physics is no longer in effect quantum physics is used to explain what we observe.
Whew, an old post of mine from nearly a month ago. Well, God is beyond time, so there is that.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Whew, an old post of mine from nearly a month ago. Well, God is beyond time, so there is that.
I was reading over the answer I gave at the time and I was not happy with it. I wanted to try to make my response more clear.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I explained about the light in this post:

Also, we now have the James Webb telescope showing us what some say are stars that are 28 billion light years away, which just doesn't compute with the standard 14 billion years ago of the universe! But then we have this!
"Employing a similar gravitational lensing technique, astronomers used the James Webb Space Telescope to precisely measure the distance to JADES-GS-z13-0, the most distant known galaxy. It is currently found over 33.6 billion light-years away and formed when our universe was a mere 400 million years old."
www.space.com

What is the most distant thing we can see?

To the unaided human eye, the night sky is resplendent with over 9,000 individual points of light, but that perspective covers only a bare fraction of the universe.
www.space.com
www.space.com

Well, ok - so which is it? And there is no end, which is almost beyond our comprehension, but not God's! And how is it we see what appear to be young stars and older stars and all bunched up supposedly giving us light that is supposedly 14 or 28 or 33 billion years old?

Job 38:19-20 explains "Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,
That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?"

Genesis 1:3, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Day one. Stars were made day 4. The paths of light were already there. The moment a star was created it could be seen from earth. If Adam had had the James Webb telescope he'd have seen what we see today. A crude and quite rudimentary analogy would be click your cursor from the bottom of the next message you type to the top. It don't move, it immediately shifts the information from one spot to another. That's just a man made device, a computer or a phone. Imagine how God operates!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums