United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The word of God says:
Genesis 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Falsely so called science says:
The moon does not have light. The sun's light is reflected off the moon surface.

So which do creationists believe? Are you really going to "adapt" God's word to aethiest science unscientific explanations? No man has gone past the firmament (they tried to in Genesis and God confounded them).

• Winner
Reactions: d taylor

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Curse science and it's unscientific science! Grrrr!

I would love to hear how you think the moon generates its own light. At least we can agree no man has gone past the firmament -- I mean, technically, you're right about that one.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So which do creationists believe?
This gets down to incident ray (greater) vs. reflected ray (lesser).

I don't think a scientist is going to understand how a reflected ray can be proprietary to its reflector, do you?

The sun's [greater, incident] light hits the moon, and at that point it becomes the moon's [lesser, reflected] light.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The word of God says:
Genesis 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The moon is not always present in the night sky to 'rule' it. (Otherwise, solar eclipses such as the recent partial one could not occur.)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I don't think a scientist is going to understand how a reflected ray can be proprietary to its reflector, do you?

The sun's [greater, incident] light hits the moon, and at that point it becomes the moon's [lesser, reflected] light.

Are the planets also lesser lights? It occurs to me, other than the 'morning star', are planets ever mentioned in the Bible?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Genesis 1:5:
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

So before even the sun and the moon were created, we have light and darkness and there was an evening and a morning. We have the very first day....without a sun or a moon.

The creation of the 2 great lights came afterwards.

Therefore, we have morning and evenings WITHOUT the sun and the moon. The sun and the moon are just there to "rule" the day and night.

God created 2 lights, not reflectors.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The word of God says:

Falsely so called science says:
The moon does not have light. The sun's light is reflected off the moon surface.

So which do creationists believe?

If the moon does not show light, we will not see the moon.
The moon gives light to people on the earth. It does not matter how does the moon get its light.
The Scripture makes a 100% correct description. It was true then, and it is true now.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the moon does not show light, we will not see the moon.
The moon gives light to people on the earth. It does not matter how does the moon get its light.
The Scripture makes a 100% correct description. It was true then, and it is true now.

Ok, how about this then?

Genesis 1:3-5:
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

So, the very first day...the evening and morning were before the 2 great lights were even created. The very first day was before the sun or moon was created.

This proves heliocentricism is one gigantic fraud (the bigger the lie, the more people will believe)..

Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:5:

So before even the sun and the moon were created, we have light and darkness and there was an evening and a morning. We have the very first day....without a sun or a moon.

The creation of the 2 great lights came afterwards.

Therefore, we have morning and evenings WITHOUT the sun and the moon. The sun and the moon are just there to "rule" the day and night.

God created 2 lights, not reflectors.

That verse simply means: rotation. It is one of the rule which runs the universe right from the beginning. So the verse shows up in Day 1.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, how about this then?

So, the very first day...the evening and morning were before the 2 great lights were even created. The very first day was before the sun or moon was created.

This proves heliocentricism is one gigantic fraud (the bigger the lie, the more people will believe)..

Do you know the light spectrum? It is much much more than just the visible light. Of course it is absolutely true that there was light at the very beginning without a need of any star. In fact, it is the first thing to be created after time and space.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That verse simply means: rotation. It is one of the rule which runs the universe right from the beginning. So the verse shows up in Day 1.

No, that is just your opinion. The bible did not say it rotates....in fact the very opposite.

Don't try to conform God's word to "modern day" science.

Upvote 0

cerad

Zebra Fan
Dec 2, 2004
✟10,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Troll - and not even a very good one.

For heaven's sake, I hope you are a troll. I've just noticed that you have got yourself down as a Baptist.
You should show more respect. After all, John the (first) Baptist was born before your Christ.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You should show more respect. After all, John the (first) Baptist was born before your Christ.

You need to read the bible. Jesus was before John the Baptist.

John 1:15:
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 8:58:
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus is God, always existed.

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
You need to read the bible. Jesus was before John the Baptist.

John 1:15:
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 8:58:
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus is God, always existed.

Even if Jesus always existed, he was BORN at a specific date.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are the planets also lesser lights? It occurs to me, other than the 'morning star', are planets ever mentioned in the Bible?
How 'bout we stick with the moon until I see a lightbulb come on, eh?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know about any of you, but when I walk out into my yard at night and the moon is anywhere near to being full, my yard is lit up with light. Amazing.
Next they'll be telling us we should be thinking photosynthesis occurs during a full moon.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Therefore, we have morning and evenings WITHOUT the sun and the moon.
That is correct.

Just like we will have mornings and evenings on Earth 2, without the sun & moon.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Upvote 0