✟30,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Ecclesiastes 11:7,
"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun"

The light indeed is sweet, and while it is pleasant to behold the sun, rather than gloom, it is much better to behold the SON: S - O - N. of God, Jesus Christ, who is the Light.

Isaiah 60:1-2,
"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."

Judges 7:16, 19 & 20, (Here we see the light hidden, but brought out of darkness, which involved the breaking of the pitchers, and we are the clay in the potters hands, and we must be 'broken' in order for the light of Christ to shine through us)
"And he divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put a trumpet in every man's hand, with empty pitchers, and lamps within the pitchers...
So Gideon, and the hundred men that were with him, came unto the outside of the camp in the beginning of the middle watch; and they had but newly set the watch: and they blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers that were in their hands.
And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the Lord, and of Gideon."

Psalm 119:105,
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Proverbs 6:23,
"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:"

Genesis 1:3-5,
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Now let's stop here for a sec - for those who think there's a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 that are millions or billions of years, and that's when they believe the dinosaurs lived, etc; They must have lived in total darkness and ate nothing; but we know from fossils there were plants, which were made on day 3 (Gen. 1:11-13), and the plants needed light made on day one, and the light giving orbs, the stars, were made on day 4 (Gen. 1:14-19), which gave motion to the light that was already set in the paths where light dwelleth (Job 38:19-20), for God commanded the light to shine out of darkness (2 Cor. 4:6). Amen!

And a time comes when the sun will not be needed, nor candles, for the Lord GOD, Adonai Yahweh giveth them light (Rev. 22:5, and go back to Revelation 21:23, "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof." (I'm just going where the Spirit's leading and in the second part of the message He's taken us all the way back to the first verses of Genesis 1, all the way forward to Revelation 22.)

I love the way God works in Exodus 14:20 - there is a cloud and darkness to the Egyptians, but it gave light by night to the Israelites. This was that awesome pillar of fire that went with Israel through the wilderness, and it is written Yahweh, the LORD looked through the pillar of fire (Exodus 14:24) Are not His eyes as a flame of fire? (Revelation 1:14)

I was looking at the meat offerings made by fire in Leviticus chapters 1, 2 & 3, specifically the meat offerings of corn with oil and frankincense, and how the meat was offered with salt, but that's a whole 'nother message: a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Remember, it was pure oil olive beaten for the light, and Numbers 18:32 says, "neither shall ye pollute the holy things of the children of Israel, lest ye die." Up till now this has been a very uplifting message, good for edification, but I've got to say there is a down side: while the light of God, His Spirit cannot go out, you can quench the Spirit , and you can grieve the Spirit (1 Thess 5:19, Eph. 4:30) David's men said in 2 Samuel 21:17, "Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel."

When you do this, your light becomes darkness, as Matthew 6:23 explains, "But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!" Job 18:5 says, "Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine."

How about 1 John 2:11? "But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes." That's a sure way to quench the Spirit, and if this is happening, best confess thy sins and repent, then you can say, " For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." (Psalm 18:28)

But woe to anyone who falls under the curse, when "The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee." (Deuteronomy 28:28-29) Ouch! I know, that stings, but the LORD still chastises today, and if you quench the light He's given you, "Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:29)

I can say this because I have experimental knowledge of it, and I know exactly how this goes, and how this ends. I have been in such a place, under the curse, quenching the light and quenching the Spirit. I was as those with a lamp without oil, as the foolish virgins in Matthew 25. If you're trying to have the light of God while you live in darkness as a child of God, God will not oblige you! "what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14) The answer of course is, None! there is no communion. Darkness will either flee at the Light, or, if you quench the light, darkness will immediately fill that place vacated by the light, and Jesus is clear, we can quench His light, and it's not a good place to be.

You will grope and stumble, and fall, so that you can see your desperate need for His light, and it will come flooding in in all His glory when you repent and resolve to step out of the darkness. Until then you'll be miserable in soul, and have no joy, and it's a sad and very oppressive place to be.

"Where no wood is, the fire goes out" (Proverbs 26:20) You gotta feed that fire: The Word of God, who is Jesus Christ, Yeshua: Yahweh is Salvation; the Vine, (John 15:1), The Branch, (Jer. 23:5, Zech. 3:8), and the Root (Isaiah 11:10, Rom. 11:17-18, & 15:12) That's all WOOD, and our God is a consuming fire! (Heb. 12:29) And note, in Romans 11 where it refers to Jesus as the Root, it is the Root of an olive tree, in fact, the Root and fatness of the olive tree. Right back to the first message on pure oil olive, beaten for the light.

Leviticus 24:2 repeats what is written in Exodus 27:20, "Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually."

Let this light then be our portion, for, "The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." (Romans 13:12)

Daniel 12:3, "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Keep in mind, the LORD still guides His people, and maybe not by a physical and visible pillar of fire, but by faith I see this, and by faith I know He is there and His light is as blazing as it was there in the desert wilderness!
Nehemiah 9:12 & 19,
"Moreover thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go. Yet thou in thy manifold mercies forsookest them not in the wilderness: the pillar of the cloud departed not from them by day, to lead them in the way; neither the pillar of fire by night, to shew them light, and the way wherein they should go."

Let this be our prayer:
Psalm 43:3,
"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles."

"Truly the Light is sweet..." yes, it is. Praise God for His Son Jesus who is the Light, Truly His light is sweet. Amen.

Last edited: