Moon light - the word of God vs falsely so called science

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,477.00
Faith
Seeker
Amazing alright, and get this, the only time we observe the moon being anywhere near full, is when Earth is between the sunlight and the moon.

images

Come to think of it, has Morse said what he thinks lunar eclipses are? If the Moon is giving off it's own light...

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

madaz

dyslexic agnostic insomniac
Mar 14, 2012
Gold Coast Australia
✟16,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where does God say "let the earth rotate"? I don't know what bible you are reading, but in my bible, it says God said "let there be light". It does not say anything about rotation. That must be your own opinion. I take God's word literally....especially something important as the forming of the foundations of the "universe".

I guess when the antichrist comes and the mark of the beast, you'll be excuses about that too.

People like Eternal Dragron and AV posit that Earth was rotating prior to the creation of stars and moon, so they can rationalize the existence of phenomena like "morning" and "evening" with an absent sun.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People like Eternal Dragron and AV posit that Earth was rotating prior to the creation of stars and moon, so they can rationalize the existence of phenomena like "morning" and "evening" with an absent sun.

God did not say anything about rotation, that is AV and ED opinion and they should stop changing God's word inorder to make it "scientifically correct".

In the very first day:
1) The earth had no form and was void
2) The sun and the moon and the stars did not exist

Regarding the lunar eclipses, that could be symbolic of the sun and the moon turning black during rapture. It could be for signs.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you're right, the people who wrote the bible didn't realize that the moon reflected sunlight.
So?

It was written in such a way that, either way it's true.

For those who know it is reflected sunlight, what's the problem?

Do you "roll" your car windows down?

If you had velcro shoes on, and I said "tie your shoes"; would you know what to do?

Can you "dial" someone's number on a push-button phone?

If I told you something is in the "ice box", would you know where to look?

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Did you observe it?

AV and myself are not positing it or making it up. It is recorded in the history of Israel through God's word who was there and created it himself.

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you observe it?

AV and myself are not positing it or making it up. It is recorded in the history of Israel through God's word who was there and created it himself.

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Where does the word of God say the evening and morning were by the rotation? Go ahead, tell us.

If it isn't in the bible, it's your opinion. Stop trying to change the word of God to be scientifically correct. If science supports taking the mark of the beast, are going to agree also?

Are you going to tell us you don't take Genesis literally? Or only some parts. This isn't a parable. Go and re-read Genesis and this time, don't add your opinion.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God did not say anything about rotation, that is AV and ED opinion and they should stop changing God's word inorder to make it "scientifically correct".
Science can take a hike.

Science doesn't have a monopoly on turning objects, just because someone called it "rotation."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV and myself are not positing it or making it up.
I think someone's jealous because the Bible wasn't written by white coats and isn't using terminology from this dispensation.

As the saying goes:

If Satan can't get you to step on the brakes; he will get you to hit the gas.*

* That's "accelerator" to you 21st century white coats.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Where does the word of God say the evening and morning were by the rotation? Go ahead, tell us.

If it isn't in the bible, it's your opinion. Stop trying to change the word of God to be scientifically correct. If science supports taking the mark of the beast, are going to agree also?

Are you going to tell us you don't take Genesis literally? Or only some parts. This isn't a parable. Go and re-read Genesis and this time, don't add your opinion.

Right here where the original Hebrew indicates a 24 hour day. How else would we get light and then dark?:

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Now if the earth was not rotating at that point, please indicate in scripture where it started to rotate. The second day? The third day? Why would God say "day" if it really wasn't a 24 hour, rotational earth day? And why mention light and dark periods of time on the face of the earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Science can take a hike.

Science doesn't have a monopoly on turning objects, just because someone called it "rotation."

Where does the bible say God "turned" the earth?!? I just want biblical documentation, not man's opinion nor philosophers.

In the very first day, God created the light and divided it from the darkness. That is all.

Later on, we see that God divided the day from the night by placing lights in the firmament.

Genesis 1:5:

Genesis 1:14:
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

This proves that in the very first day, God just created light because previously, the deep waters was filled with darkness. God could've created something else, the evening and the morning would STILL happen.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right here where the original Hebrew indicates a 24 hour day. How else would we get light and then dark?:

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Now if the earth was not rotating at that point, please indicate in scripture where it started to rotate. The second day? The third day? Why would God say "day" if it really wasn't a 24 hour, rotational earth day? And why mention light and dark periods of time on the face of the earth?

I don't care about "original hebrew"...I have the King James bible.

The deep waters was covered with darkness. God created light to divide light and the darkness.
God could've done something else in the first day, the evening and morning would've still happened.

Later on he created the lights in the firmament to divide the day and night.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Where does God say it is 24 hours? Show me in the King James Bible.

Your entire 24 hours and rotation is coming from fake bibles and man's wisdom. I trust the word of God instead, there isn't any rotation in there.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,477.00
Faith
Seeker
Regarding the lunar eclipses, that could be symbolic of the sun and the moon turning black during rapture. It could be for signs.

So, let me see if I understand you correctly.

God - just for kicks - turn the Moon black every now and then. And he doesn't making it just turn black like a light switch, no - he does it in such a way that it look suspiciously like something BIG and ROUND is blocking its light. And he doesn't just do this any old time, no - he does it during times that people can predict, with predictions that would only make sense if A) the Earth wasn't flat and B) the Moon wasn't generating its own light.

Oh, and he's been doing this as a sign of the Rapture...even though eclipses have been observed and written about by humans pretty much since they could write.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't care about "original hebrew"...I have the King James bible.

The deep waters was covered with darkness. God created light to divide light and the darkness.
God could've done something else in the first day, the evening and morning would've still happened.

Later on he created the lights in the firmament to divide the day and night.

Where does God say it is 24 hours? Show me in the King James Bible.

Your entire 24 hours and rotation is coming from fake bibles and man's wisdom. I trust the word of God instead, there isn't any rotation in there.

If the earth was not spinning, how do you get a morning and an evening?

A total rotation of the earth with a morning and an evening is 24 hours.
It is based on the size of the earth and the rotation speed.

Here is where God said it was 24 hours. unless you have a strange
definition of what a day is....:

Genesis 1:5 "....And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,477.00
Faith
Seeker
You can't tell he's just trolling?

If he is, he's putting an insane amount of effort into it. I thought he was, too, but he's crazy all the way back to the first post.

Besides, there ARE Christians who believe the Earth is flat and the Earth is the center of the universe. This light thing is a new thing for me, but I wouldn't be surprised to here there are some who believe that, too. Are they all trolling?

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the earth was not spinning, how do you get a morning and an evening?

A total rotation of the earth with a morning and an evening is 24 hours.
It is based on the size of the earth and the rotation speed.

Here is where God said it was 24 hours. unless you have a strange
definition of what a day is....:

Genesis 1:5 "....And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Nice try but wrong.

In Genesis 1:4, God created the light and divided it from the darkness
In Genesis 1:14, God places lights in the firmament and divided the day from the night.

So are you telling me god is dividing the light from the darkness twice? You should re-read Genesis 1 again. God is telling us he created the light and divided it from the darkness....the light could be anything and anywhere....it is a "construct". The first day was when this happened...God could've done something else.

Later on, God places lights to divide the day from the night.

I care more about what God says than what science says. God does not say the earth rotates, God does not say a day is 24 hours. That is just your opinion.

Proverbs 3:5:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Upvote 0