Florida
✟116,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which passage from Paul did you used to get that conclusion "Israel included gentiles, too"?
[sigh]
post #215 listed the verses, in context, with the critical portions underlined.
post #218 summarized the conclusions from each of those underlined portions in support of @joeLightening 's position that Israel (the True Israel) includes both Jews and Gentiles that met the criteria (children of the Abrahamic promise of faith to bless all nations, have the Law written on their hearts, receive the spiritual circumcision of the heart).

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,572.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[sigh]
post #215 listed the verses, in context, with the critical portions underlined.
post #218 summarized the conclusions from each of those underlined portions in support of @joeLightening 's position that Israel (the True Israel) includes both Jews and Gentiles that met the criteria (children of the Abrahamic promise of faith to bless all nations, have the Law written on their hearts, receive the spiritual circumcision of the heart).

There is nothing in those scripture passages that indicated.that we are also Israel.

If there is a logical argument in those posts, is it possible for you to state the premises and the conclusion clearly?

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟85,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All Israel Will Be Saved
Romans 11
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:“The Deliverer will come from Zion;He will remove godlessness from Jacob.
27 And this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins.
14 in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them.

Romans 9
6 It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
7 Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.”
8 So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring.

27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: Though the number of the Israelites is like the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved.
28 For the Lord will carry out His sentence on the earth thoroughly and decisively.”

I have always struggled in understanding what is being said here, would love to get the thoughts . In Romans 11 verse 26 it clearly says all of Israel will be saved. yet earlier in that same chapter is clearly shows Paul to be suggesting only some of them will we saved.

After going back in the book of Romans it seems, just because you are a Jew does not mean you belong to Israel ?? I get this from Romans 9 verse 6 and 7.

It seems to me in Verse 8 suggesting that just because you are Jewish does not make you part of God's Children. It also seems That Israel is considered God's children. It seems that in verse 8 all are God's Children are that which have received the promise form Abraham. So maybe just maybe all those in Christ, Jew or Greek are part of the spiritual Israel referred to as God Children?? This way it make sense when it says all of Israel will be saved in Romans 11 verse 26. Other wise it seems to be a conflict when it says all Israel will be saved, in Romans 11-26, and then in Romans 9-27 says only a remnant will be saved.

Galatians 2
26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
In your quote from Ro ch 11 you cite verses 25 26 27 and then drop back to verse 14.
13-14.
Now I am speaking to you Gentiles inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order to make my fellows Jews jealous and thus save some of them.
The Jews thus were not Paul's main focus but the Gentiles, others had the Jews as their main focus but Paul was not going to miss a chance of saving some of his own countrymen. The emphasis therefore is not that "some" of the Jews will be saved but that some of the Jews who heard Paul preaching to the Gentiles might be saved.
For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?

This is loaded
Paul is not speaking about the some who are saved but the many who rejected, it seems to say they will be accepted when? at the rapture "life from the dead"

and so all Israel will be saved as it is written
The deliverer will come from Zion He will banish ungodliness from Jacob 27. and this will be My covenant with them when I take away their sins.

That is at the Rapture "when they shall look upon Him whom they have pierced and mourn for Him as for a firstborn son" At that time God will pour out a Spirit of compassion and supplication upon the whole nation.

Israel will raised up in the first resurrection but not raptured ... they will reign with Christ. According to Daniel 12.

Daniel 12
At that time shall arise Michael the great prince who has charge over your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time but at that time your people will be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

So according to Daniel "all" does not mean every single Jew but what constitutes the whole nation at that time "the wise" This is the meaning of the parable of the 10 virgins. So it is more [by far] than a mere remnant.

It does not include the Jewish church who will be raptured.

Upvote 0