Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul isn't talking to anyone - because the writer of Hebrews is not definitively Paul -

Its Paul.

See, Its Paul in Acts 28:28 who is shown turning away from those HEBREWs in Hebrews Chap 6 & 10, because they "willfully" rejected their Messiah.

So, Acts 28:28, is just the end result (the History).of what Paul did to those Christ Rejecting Hebrews in Heb. 6 &10.

How do you know that Paul is that Apostle?
Its because Paul is the Apostle who teaches as HIS Gospel... that we are saved by the Blood of Jesus.
That the Blood of Jesus is the NEW Covenant.
That is "Paul Speak"..... as he is the one who said we are "Purchased" with the BlOOD of Jesus.

You've heard the term "blood bought"?

Thats Pauline Theology..

So, when you read Hebrews 9-10, you see all this BLOOD Covenant, being Taught.

vs 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by HIS OWN BLOOD Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.""""

A.) Thats PAUL..

And Peter came online with it, after Acts 15, when Paul showed them all "the Gospel of the Grace of God" that Paul said is 'MY Gospel".. 3x in the NT.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not think you are rude, nor do you speak in older language - your posts seem to be disjointed and one sentence does not equate or reference the next one. So it is difficult to understand what you are trying to get across - when you throw in the Greek transliterations and partial definitions, it obfuscates the post further.

At one point I was wondering if you were using something like Google Translate, which has a difficult time with syntax.

Thhe large gapping between words is rather strange also

What is your first language if I can be bold enough to ask?
It is SPANISH or MEXICAN !!

dan p

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its Paul.

Paul isn't talking to anyone - because the writer of Hebrews is not definitively Paul - most likely is - but not definitively. Verse 5 is who the writer is talking to -
Why do you fight about every single thing.

Listen:

Some say it is - some say it is not - the Book is not what we are talking about

The references to repentance that I quoted and you continue to ignore is...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is SPANISH or MEXICAN !!

dan p
I have traveled in Mexico since 1987 - I have never heard of a Mexican language - they speak Spanish

But thank you for replying.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have traveled in Mexico since 1987 - I have never heard of a Mexican language - they speak Spanish

But thank you for replying.
Actually, there are a number of languages spoken in Mexico, even as there are many in the United States. Both countries, however, recognize only one language as being their national language. In both countries, there are large numbers of people who descend from folks who were living there centuries before Mr. Columbus came on the scene. These folks still speak, and read (thanks to groups such as Wycliffe Bible Translators), their historic languages.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, there are a number of languages spoken in Mexico, even as there are many in the United States. Both countries, however, recognize only one language as being their national language. In both countries, there are large numbers of people who descend from folks who were living there centuries before Mr. Columbus came on the scene. These folks still speak, and read (thanks to groups such as Wycliffe Bible Translators), their historic languages.
My point was that there is no such language as Mexican.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The references to repentance that I quoted and you continue to ignore is...

You can turn from sin and not turn to Christ.

that is "repenting from sin".

What God is looking for is FAITH in Christ.

What is that?
That is to turn from UNBELIEF......to repent (turn) from unbelief, TO.... Faith in Christ.

That is the repentance that God requires.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,932.00
Faith
Non-Denom

What is that?
That is to turn from UNBELIEF......to repent (turn) from unbelief, TO.... Faith in Christ.

Quite correct. The Greek word, metanoia, for repent simply means to change one's mind. As you have correctly stated, one can change one's mind about any number of things, including sin, and still have no change of mind regarding the person and work of Jesus Christ. Christian repentance is a call to change one's mind concerning Jesus Christ. When that happens, all else will fall into place.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What is that?

Every one of the scripture verses addressing repentance were written to Believers, those who were already turned to Christ

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Every one of the scripture verses addressing repentance were written to Believers, those who were already turned to Christ
Really???

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”

This is just one of numerous examples from the book of the Acts in which the gospel was preached with the commandment to repent. These folks were not believers prior to hearing Peter and the others on the day of Pentecost preaching the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every one of the scripture verses addressing repentance were written to Believers,

Its unbelievers who repent from Unbelief, so that They can become Christians.

Believers would not need to repent of sin to become a Christian, as they are already a Christian.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its unbelievers who repent from Unbelief, so that They can become Christians.

Believers would not need to repent of sin to become a Christian, as they are already a Christian.
Then why are there the calls in scripture for believers to repent?

Why are you still ignoring the scriptures?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Then why are there the calls in scripture for believers to repent?

Why are you still ignoring the scriptures?
Please provide some scriptural examples for us. I have shown you one major passage where Peter commands unbelievers to repent, thus disproving your theory that scripture never commands unbelievers to repent.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really???
yes Really!!!

Each of these verses are written to Christians:

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul also said this to believers -

2 Cor 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The Writer of Hebrews said:

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Upvote 0