Boonsboro
✟43,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no scripture that says the "Old Testament" has been deleted i.e. fufilled meaning ended.
Right, it has not been deleted, it is as valid as the rest of scripture but the old way of salvation for the Israelites has been fulllled. The vail has been torn in half from top to bottom. Christ has fulfilled the law and will impute his perfection and righteousness to all who will receive him. We can stand before God as if we have never sinned.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no scripture that says the "Old Testament" has been deleted i.e. fufilled meaning ended. Jesus taught on the greatest commandments- to love God with all our heart Deut 6:5 and to love man Lev 19:18. Jesus taught and lived the Ten Commandments John 15:10 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:8-13 Mat 19:17-19 and quoted many of the OT teachings. There is no scripture that says because Christ died on the Cross we can now not love God or vain His name, worship other gods, break His holy Sabbath, covet or murder. Jesus said doing the least of these things we will be in fear of sin and judgement. Mat 5:17-30 If we love and have faith in Jesus why would we not want to live by His every Word. Mat 4:4
We will and that’s the point. We obey because He saved us and not to be saved.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you think obeying God's commandments would not reconcile us including the Sabbath which Christ in His own Words said those who keep join themselves to Him?
Because our obedience amounts to filthy rags. We are reconciled by faith in the blood of Christ. The sum of all of our obedience does not rise to the level of righteousness God requires.

Let us not be found in a righteousness of our own.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because our obedience amounts to filthy rags. We are reconciled by faith in the blood of Christ. The sum of all of our obedience does not rise to the level of righteousness God requires.

Romans 14

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

May I share with you what the scriptures actually say? It does not say our obedience amounts to filthy rags.

Isa 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

Our righteousness is like filthy rags. Thats why its so important not to depend on our righteousness, which is what we do when we reject God’s law because that is His standard of righteousness (right-doing) Psa 119:172 Psa 119:142 Rom 7:12. Jesus equates Sabbath keeping as doing what is righteous and justice Isa 56:1-6 His ways are above our ways and why we need to trust Him at His Word.

Our obedience leads to righteousness sin leads to death.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Why He pleas with us to hear His voice and not be in rebellion to Him Heb 3:7-8

Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then
your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Our obedience leads to righteousness which leads to reconciliation Rev 22:14

I hope you consider these scriptures in prayer instead of just going to the next argument on why we shouldn’t obey God’s commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We will and that’s the point. We obey because He saved us and not to be saved.
No one knows if we are saved until He comes as Judgement is in the last day John 12:48, but a saved person is not an enmity to God and His law. Rom 8:7-8 A saved person yields themselves servants of God and has faith in His every Word to do what He asks, because we love Him and have faith that what He asks is for our own good, even if it doesn’t always make sense to us. John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right, it has not been deleted, it is as valid as the rest of scripture but the old way of salvation for the Israelites has been fulllled. The vail has been torn in half from top to bottom. Christ has fulfilled the law and will impute his perfection and righteousness to all who will receive him. We can stand before God as if we have never sinned.
The only way anyone has been saved in scripture is through the blood of Christ. In the OT is was faith looking forward to the Cross and in NC it is faith looking back at the Cross. Christ does impute His righteousness, which means we are not clinging to sin, and if one isn’t clinging to sin, they wouldn’t be arguing against keeping God’s commandments- scripture tells us those who are hostile to God’s law are not in Him Rom 8:7-8, His faithful keep His commandments and the faith of Jesus Rev 14:12

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I share with you what the scriptures actually say? It does not say our obedience amounts to filthy rags.

Isa 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

Our righteousness is like filthy rags. Thats why its so important not to depend on our righteousness, which is what we do when we reject God’s law because that is His standard of righteousness (right-doing) Psa 119:172 Psa 119:142 Rom 7:12

Our obedience leads to righteousness sin leads to death.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Why He pleas with us to hear His voice and not be in rebellion to Him Heb 3:7-8

Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then
your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Our obedience leads to reconciliation Rev 22:14

I hope you consider these scriptures in prayer instead of just going to the next argument on why we shouldn’t obey God’s commandments.
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Romans 14:
Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died [b]and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [c]Christ. 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another [d]anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love​

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in [e]these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may [f]edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with [g]offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles [h]or is offended or is made weak. 22 [i]Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is [j]sin.

Reactions: Mercy Shown
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Romans 14:
Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died [b]and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [c]Christ. 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another [d]anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love​

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in [e]these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may [f]edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with [g]offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles [h]or is offended or is made weak. 22 [i]Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is [j]sin.
Please do not use Paul words as a weapon against the Word of God. Many people do and it’s why there is a warning about his writings. 2 Peter 3:16.

Paul does not have the authority to countermand God, nor would he as he was a servant of Christ Rom 1:1 and taught what Christ taught and lIves the example of Christ and why he kept every Sabbath decades after the cross. Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4. One needs to reconcile Pauls teachings with Christ's teachings, not the other way around. Paul said what matters is keeping God’s commandments 1 Cor 7:19 so he didn’t teach something different that would separate us from God.

Romans 14 is not about the Sabbath commandment. The Sabbath is not mentioned one time in that whole chapter. They are arguing about the annual feasts days - not about the Sabbath commandment of God Written and spoken by the Authority of God.

Only God can reverse His blessing, not man Num 23:20 so one would need a thus saith the Lord to reverse His Sabbath commandment that God personally wrote and made holy and sanctified. This is what happens when we do not keep God’s holy things Eze 22;26

God’s law of love is the Ten Commandments. How to love God and how to love our neighbor. 1 John 5:2-3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do not use Paul words as a weapon against the Word of God. Many people do and it’s why there is a warning about his writings. 2 Peter 3:16.

Paul does not have the authority to countermand God, nor would he as he was a servant of Christ and taught what Christ taught and lIves the example of Christ and why he kept every Sabbath decades after the cross. Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4

Romans 14 is not about the Sabbath commandment. The Sabbath is not mentioned one time in that whole chapter. They are arguing about the annual feasts days also called holy days - not about the Sabbath commandment of God Written and spoken by the Authority of God.

Only God can reverse His blessing, not man Num 23:20 so one would need a thus saith the Lord to reverse His Sabbath commandment ,not that God personally wrote and made holy and sanctified. This is what happens when we do not keep God’s holy things Eze 22;26

God’s law of love in the Ten Commandments. How to love God and how to love our neighbor. 1 John 5:2-3
My friend. I love God's word. I don't obey Moses Sabbath. I obey the Isaiah 58 Sabbath instead which teaches the same thing that Paul teaches in Romans chapters 13 and 14. It's about putting away divisive things like this and helping each other in love in the spirit.

Upvote 0

TheCabinetGuy

May 2, 2024
Lewiston
Visit site
✟1,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
As a Sabbath keeper, the dangers that I've noticed are as follows:
1. Thinking that going to church on Sunday (or any other day of the week) is a sin. The Bible doesn't condemn assembling on other days, but these other times of assembly do not replace the Sabbath. Keep your Sunday service, especially if people are getting saved, but do not neglect the Lord's appointed times.
2. Getting lost in the ritual and failing to remember the prophetic picture. A thousand years is like a day. When Christ returns around 6000AM (of which is only 52 years away according to the Dead Sea Scrolls) there will be a millennial Sabbath of peace on earth. Read Hebrews chapter 4.
3. Thinking that the those who do not share the same conviction are not even Christians, or worse- have sold their soul to the devil! Some are teaching that to rest on Sunday rather than the 7th day, makes one automatically a sun worshipper. It is a slippery slope fallacy.
4. Not having fun. Its not a day to sit in bed all day. It should be a time of rejoicing what God has done and is doing with friends and family. Get outside and spend sometime in nature- God's creation, and resist the temptation to spend the day hitting up yard sales (which are always on Saturdays- ugh...).

• Friendly
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Sabbath keeper, the dangers that I've noticed are as follows:
1. Thinking that going to church on Sunday (or any other day of the week) is a sin. The Bible doesn't condemn assembling on other days, but these other times of assembly do not replace the Sabbath. Keep your Sunday service, especially if people are getting saved, but do not neglect the Lord's appointed times.
2. Getting lost in the ritual and failing to remember the prophetic picture. A thousand years is like a day. When Christ returns around 6000AM (of which is only 52 years away according to the Dead Sea Scrolls) there will be a millennial Sabbath of peace on earth. Read Hebrews chapter 4.
3. Thinking that the those who do not share the same conviction are not even Christians, or worse- have sold their soul to the devil! Some are teaching that to rest on Sunday rather than the 7th day, makes one automatically a sun worshipper. It is a slippery slope fallacy.
4. Not having fun. Its not a day to sit in bed all day. It should be a time of rejoicing what God has done and is doing with friends and family. Get outside and spend sometime in nature- God's creation, and resist the temptation to spend the day hitting up yard sales (which are always on Saturdays- ugh...).
We must not judge or despise each other over holy days as Romans14 and Isaiah 58 teach us

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My friend. I love God's word. I don't obey Moses Sabbath. I obey the Isaiah 58 Sabbath instead which teaches the same thing that Paul teaches in Romans chapters 13 and 14. It's about putting away divisive things like this and helping each other in love in the spirit.
This is what God in His own Words calls the Sabbath, never is it called the Sabbath of Moses.

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

That God calls My holy day again in His own Words.

Isa 58:13
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

We are made in the image of God to follow Him Gen 1:26 not to do our own thing which is called rebellion to God. Why Jesus in clear easy Words said the Sabbath was made for man Mark 2:27 and for everyone Isa 56:6 your argument is which a much Higher Authority than I.

Jesus does warn us what happens when we don’t keep His Sabbath

Eze 22:26 Her priests have [a]violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what God in His own Words calls the Sabbath, never is it called the Sabbath of Moses.

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

That God calls My holy day again in His own Words.

Isa 58:13
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

We are made in the image of God to follow Him Gen 1:26 not to do our own thing which is called rebellion to God. Why Jesus is clear easy Words said the Sabbath was made for man Mark 2:27 and for everyone Isa 56:6 your argument is which a much Higher Authority than I.

Jesus does warn us what happens when we don’t keep His holy things

Eze 22:26 Her priests have [a]violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.
You know that God gave Moses law that was a shadow of Christ. We don't obey the law as he did. We don't sacrifice animals and stone people. Moses law was symbolic. Why is Isaiah 58 concerned with fighting on the Sabbath and not every day? It's because when you follow Christ every day is without fighting. But why is Sabbath mentioned here? I think that peace between us and not having any covetousness, greed and lust is our Sabbath rest every day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know God gave Moses law that was a shadow of Christ. We don't obey the law as he did. Moses law was symbolic. Why is Isaiah 58 concerned with fighting on the Sabbath and not every day? It's because when you follow Christ every day is without fighting. But why is Sabbath mentioned here? I think that peace between us and not having any covetousness, greed and lust is our Sabbath rest every day.
God alone wrote and spoke the Ten Commandments Exo 32:16 Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 and no more was added Deut 5:22, the Ten Commandments was inside the ark for its eternal nature as it is a copy of God’s heavenly Temple Heb 8:1-5 where the Ten Commandments sits under His mercy seat and what all man will be judged by breaking one commandment is like breaking them all James 2:10-12 and why Jesus taught not to break the least of these as one would be in fear of sin and Judgement Mat 5:19-30 but we have free will.

There is no scripture that says the Sabbath is everyday. God in easy to understand Words wrote when the Sabbath was Exo 20:10 and told us to Remember it to keep the Sabbath day holy Exo 20:8. Again, you will have to take it up to a much Higher Authority than I. I’m just an advocate to trust and believe His teachings and to live by them as Jesus told us to Mat 4:4 , we should believe even the warnings as its for our own good Mat 5:19

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God alone wrote and spoke the Ten Commandments Deut 4:13 Exo 34:28 and no more was added Deut 5:22, the Ten Commandments was inside the ark for its eternal nature as it is a copy of God’s heavenly Temple Heb 8:15 where the Ten Commandments sits under His mercy seat and what all man will be judged by breaking one commandment is like breaking them all James 2:10-12 and why Jesus taught not to break the least of these as one would be in fear of sin and Judgement Mat 5:19-30 but we have free will.
OK. I don't debate ny friend. It's a sin to me so I'll need to bow out. I don't disobey God that I know of but we will be judged. God judges me now I think and says I need to bow out. Let's have a blessed day in the Lord

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OK. I don't debate ny friend. It's a sin to me so I'll need to bow out. I don't disobey God that I know of but we will be judged. God judges me now I think and says I need to bow out. Let's have a blessed day in the Lord
Blessings friend. :)

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

TheCabinetGuy

May 2, 2024
Lewiston
Visit site
✟1,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We must not judge or despise each other over holy days as Romans14 and Isaiah 58 teach us
I do not judge or despise anyone. I expect the same from non-Sabbath keepers.

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

It goes both ways...

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do not judge or despise anyone. I expect the same from non-Sabbath keepers.

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

It goes both ways...
That’s actually not about the seventh day Sabbath commandment. Paul explains the context in Col 2:14KJV. There’s more than one Sabbath in scripture, Paul went out of his way to be sure we knew it was the shadow sabbath(s) ordinances that have to do with food and drink offerings, that were handwritten by Moses and were contrary and against.

The seventh day Sabbath commandment was written by the finger of God Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18, that was made holy and blessed by God that only He can reverse Nub 23:20. Blessed and holy is not the definition of contrary and against. Moses hand wrote the ordinances in a book Deut 31:24-26 which included the sabbath(s) Paul is referring to, the annual holy feast days that have to do with food and drink given after the fall of man and all pointed to Christ 1 Cor 5:7 Heb 10:1-22. The weekly Sabbath started at Creation Exo 20:11 so can’t be a shadow of anything as it was before the fall of man, nor does the weekly Sabbath end at the Cross Acts 18:4 Acts 13:42-44 Mat 24:20 Isa 66:22-23. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0