USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How well is one to “keep” the sabbath? If we are reconciled to God by our good works then why did Jesus have to die?
Jesus had to die because the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23 and all man has sinned and deserves the death penalty. Jesus loves us so much He took the death penalty for us, if He could have just removed the law, He would not had to sacrifice Himself, therefore God’s law did not end- why Jesus taught not to break the least of these commandments as it affects our status in heaven Mat 5:19. Jesus died for our sins but we too must die of sin and become a new creation in Christ Romans 6 when we accept Him as our personal Savior. If we have Christ in us, we have His righteousness - and someone with His righteousness does not sin, but keep God’s commandments because He changes us from the inside out and we love Him so much we want to do everything He asks through love and faith 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rom 3:31 Rev 22:14. We need the faith in Jesus and the faith of Jesus. Rev 22:14 How did Jesus live, what did He teach that we are to live by. Mat 4:4. If we stumble along the way we should confess our sins immediately 1 John 1:9 and ask Jesus to help us overcome but sin should not reign over us. All the Ten Commandments do is show us our sin Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 so we are not depending on our righteous standard of living but on God’s Psa 119:172

We are reconciled to God by faith Eph 2:8 but our good works demonstrates our faith. Keeping the Sabbath is not a “work” God wants us to “rest in Him” spending the day with God so He can bless and sanctify us Eze 20:12 Isa 56:1-6 Isa 58:13-14 this is complete dependency of Christ, nothing to do with our work, but when we reject His blessing we are depending on our own works and our own sanctification and our own righteousness instead of God’s

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have found that all of scripture is about Jesus. Hebrews 4 expands the concept of the sabbath. The sabbath was instituted as a day of rest because God ceased all of His work. We are called to to cease all of our working for salvation by being in Christ by faith.

We have been perfected forever by Christ’s one sacrifice so we can now rest in Him.
Hebrews 4 is referring to rebellion and disobedience to God Heb 4:6 and why many of the Israelites did not enter their rest in Canaan, which is a type of heaven. It mentions David because it is a direct quote of what David said in Psalms 95 so this is not anything new, nor changing the Sabbath. The passage is warning us not to also disobey God and be in rebellion to Him Heb 4:11 so we can enter our rest in Christ. In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him or His commandments Isa 48:18. This passage refers to the Israelites disobediences in the wilderness (which is where we are now) they rebelled against God, His commandments and in particular the Sabbath Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 and why we are told the Sabbath rest remains for God’s people Heb 4:9NIV, the Sabbath rest is according to the commandment Luke 23:56. Hebrews is a tough passage to understand because there are two rests mentioned not one- Christ rest and the Sabbath rest which is the seventh day Exo 20:10 Heb 4:4 Gen 2:1-3, Christ rest people twist into Jesus became the Sabbath i.e. creation when Jesus in His own Words says He is Lord OF the Sabbath. Mat 2:28 He also says not a jot or tittle can be edited from His law Mat 5:18 -30 because no one is above God. Only God can reverse His blessing Num 23:20 so one would need a thus saith the Lord to change the Word that proceed from the mouth of God- God said He won’t change them Psa 89:34 so the Jesus is the Sabbath doctrine is just another deceiving doctrine that sounds good to the itching ear, but is only leading one away from obeying God into rebellion the exact warning of this passage. Hebrews 4:11. The apostles kept every Sabbath as the day they preached God’s Word to Jews and Gentiles alike Acts 18:4 Acts 13:42, this is 30 some years after the cross, thats a lot of Sabbath day keeping, clearly Jesus did not turn into a day or commandment but it was meant for man Mark 2:27 for blessings and sanctification. Isa 58:13-14 Isa 56:1-6 Eze 20:12 and will be kept by His saints for eternity Isa 66:22-23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 4 is referring to rebellion and disobedience to God Heb 4:6 and why many of the Israelites did not enter their rest in Canaan, which is a type of heaven. It mentions David because it is a direct quote of what David said in Psalms 95 so this is not anything new, nor changing the Sabbath. The passage is warning us not to also disobey God and be in rebellion to Him Heb 4:11 so we can enter our rest in Christ. In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him or His commandments Isa 48:18. This passage refers to the Israelites disobediences in the wilderness (which is where we are now) they rebelled against God, His commandments and in particular the Sabbath Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21 and why we are told the Sabbath rest remains for God’s people Heb 4:9NIV, the Sabbath rest is according to the commandment Luke 23:56. Hebrews is a tough passage to understand because there are two rests mentioned not one- Christ rest and the Sabbath rest which is the seventh day Exo 20:10 Heb 4:4 Gen 2:1-3, Christ rest people twist into Jesus became the Sabbath i.e. creation when Jesus in His own Words says He is Lord OF the Sabbath. Mat 2:28 He also says not a jot or tittle can be edited from His law Mat 5:18 -30 because no one is above God. Only God can reverse His blessing Num 23:20 so one would need a thus saith the Lord to change the Word that proceed from the mouth of God- God said He won’t change them Psa 89:34 so the Jesus is the Sabbath doctrine is just another deceiving doctrine that sounds good to the itching ear, but is only leading one away from obeying God into rebellion the exact warning of this passage. Hebrews 4:11. The apostles kept every Sabbath as the day they preached God’s Word to Jews and Gentiles alike Acts 18:4 Acts 13:42, this is 30 some years after the cross, thats a lot of Sabbath day keeping, clearly Jesus did not turn into a day or commandment but it was meant for man Mark 2:27 for blessings and sanctification. Isa 58:13-14 Isa 56:1-6 Eze 20:12 and will be kept by His saints for eternity Isa 66:22-23
I think you’re mistaking me for arguing against the Sabbath. But that is not the case, I am Discussing the dangers of legalism. Hebrews four is pretty specific about what caused the people to lose their rest. It’s because they did not trust God to bring them into the promised land.

Other than Caleb and Joshua all the other said it was impossible. The Sabbath was being compared to entering the promised land in Hebrews four and thus the sabbath can also represent our entrance into eternal bliss with Jesus Christ our Lord.

The only way we can enter that bliss and that rest is by faith which is where the Israelites stumbled. They were afraid and did not trust God.

By focusing on the Sabbath rather than the gospel I feel that we lose out on the true meaning of the cross. Can we, attempting to keep a commandment, add to the perfection that Christ desires to impute upon us by faith?

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There has to be a connection. You can’t make up things as you go
Of course, Jesus said that the Scriptures were all about him. He said, “you search the Scriptures daily because in them you think you have salvation, but these are they which testify about me.”

In Hebrews four we find that the children of Israel were not able to enter into God’s rest which was the promised land because of their lack of faith. And God’s rest that remains for us today, the Sabbath rest, is to enter into eternal bliss with Jesus Christ and our father.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Other than Caleb and Joshua all the other said it was impossible. The Sabbath was being compared to entering the promised land in Hebrews four and thus the sabbath can also represent our entrance into eternal bliss with Jesus Christ our Lord.
Sorry friend, you're confusing Christ rest with the Sabbath rest. The Sabbath rest is always connected to the seventh day Exo 20:10 and the Sabbath rest is according the commandment Luke 23:56 The day to keep holy thus saith the Lord Exo 20:8-11
The only way we can enter that bliss and that rest is by faith which is where the Israelites stumbled. They were afraid and did not trust God.
They also defiled the Sabbath as the clear scripture shows Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21
By focusing on the Sabbath rather than the gospel I feel that we lose out on the true meaning of the cross. Can we, attempting to keep a commandment, add to the perfection that Christ desires to impute upon us by faith?
The Sabbath is part of the gospel. The good news that Jesus died for our sins and through Him we can keep His commandments and be free of the bondage of sin -which includes keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath reveals our God of Creation Exo 20:11 who is the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7 I can see why the devil attacks it so much.

Again, you are making the Sabbath commandment an Island, please apply your statement to any of the other commandments - how do you define faith in Jesus- is that trusting His teachings and doing them James 1:22, or falling into disbelief and doing our own thing like many of the Israelites. Heb 4:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry friend, you're confusing Christ rest with the Sabbath rest. The Sabbath rest is always connected to the seventh day Exo 20:10 and the Sabbath rest is according the commandment Luke 23:56 The day to keep holy thus saith the Lord Exo 20:8-11

They also defiled the Sabbath as the clear scripture shows Eze 20:13 Eze 20:21

The Sabbath is part of the gospel. The good news that Jesus died for our sins and through Him we can keep His commandments and be free of the bondage of sin -which includes keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath reveals our God of Creation Exo 20:11 who is the same God of Judgement Rev 14:7 I can see why the devil attacks it so much.

Again, you are making the Sabbath commandment an Island, please apply your statement to any of the other commandments - how do you define faith in Jesus- is that trusting His teachings and doing them James 1:22, or falling into disbelief and doing our own thing like many of the Israelites. Heb 4:11
I am glad to apply these sentiments to all of the law. Gal 2:16 Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”

Gal 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Do you feel that you are without sin because you keep the Ten Commandments perfectly enough?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am glad to apply these sentiments to all of the law. Gal 2:16 Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”
What law are they referring to? Not all laws are the same, there are many laws in the scripture that serve different purposes. Let’s let the context tell us the law It’s referring to so we are not adding what’s not there

Galatians 2: 3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.

If you read the whole chapter it is about Jews trying to make Gentile converts circumcised in order to hear the gospel. It’s not about the Ten Commandments. Paul makes very clear circumcision or no circumcision but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19. Paul never taught something different than Jesus. Many misunderstand Paul and misapply his teachings hence the warning we have about people twisting Paul writings 2 Peter 3:16

Gal 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”
The curse is disobeying God’s commandments which is sin and the wages of sin is death, that is the curse, not God’s law that is perfect for converting the soul Psalms 19:7 and holy and righteous Rom 7:12 Psa 119:172. The book of the law was outside the ark that had all the curses Deut 31:24-26 for breaking God’s holy law that was finger written personally by God. Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18 that was placed inside the ark. It still surprises me that people think God could personally write an imperfect law, even though its a popular doctrine sadly taught by most churches, just as predicted Rev 12:17
Do you feel that you are without sin because you keep the Ten Commandments perfectly enough?
It doesn’t matter what I “feel” as what I “feel” won’t save anyone, not even myself. We all have to stand before Jesus one day soon based on what we have done 2 Cor 5:10- the Ten Commandments is a guide to show us our sin Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 and so we are not depending on our standard of righteous living but God’s Psa 119:172 God wants us to live holy and righteous lives and how does one profess faith in Jesus, but not faith to believe and trust His teachings. John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Mat 5:17-30

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What law are they referring to? Not all laws are the same, there are many laws in the scripture that serve different purposes. Let’s let the context tell us the law It’s referring to so we are not adding what’s not there

Galatians 2: 3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.

If you read the whole chapter it is about Jews trying to make Gentile converts circumcised in order to hear the gospel. It’s not about the Ten Commandments. Paul makes very clear circumcision or no circumcision but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19. Paul never taught something different than Jesus. Many misunderstand Paul and misapply his teachings hence the warning we have about people twisting Paul writings 2 Peter 3:16
I disagree. Paul never parsed the law to fit his theology. When He referred to the law, it also contained the Ten Commandments. Romans 13-8 illustrates this very well. 8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Anyone trying to be justified by keeping the law has to do it perfectly, with no exceptions. (Romans 10:5) So, should one try to observe the Sabbath? Yes, if it is for the correct reasons, but if it has to do with earning merit for salvation, then it has become an idol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus. Many misunderstand Paul and misapply his teachings hence the warning we have about people twisting Paul writings 2 Peter 3:16
This is exactly what many sanitarians do when they claim that Paul parsed the meaning of the Law.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The curse is disobeying God’s commandments which is sin and the wages of sin is death, that is the curse, not God’s law that is perfect for converting the soul Psalms 19:7 and holy and righteous Rom 7:12 Psa 119:172. The book of the law was outside the ark that had all the curses Deut 31:24-26 for breaking God’s holy law that was finger written personally by God. Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18 that was placed inside the ark. It still surprises me that people think God could personally write an imperfect law, even though its a popular doctrine sadly taught by most churches, just as predicted Rev 12:17
You keep trying to defend the Sabbath, which misses this OP's point. When the Sabbath makes one feel spiritually superior, merits them in the eyes of God, or diminishes the sacrifice of Christ our righteousness, then it has become a stumbling block.

It is the why of the matter.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It doesn’t matter what I “feel” as what I “feel” won’t save anyone, not even myself. We all have to stand before Jesus one day soon based on what we have done 2 Cor 5:10- the Ten Commandments is a guide to show us our sin Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 and so we are not depending on our standard of righteous living but God’s Psa 119:172 God wants us to live holy and righteous lives and how does one profess faith in Jesus, but not faith to believe and trust His teachings. John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Mat 5:17-30
His teachings are to be perfect even as God is perfect (Matthew 5:48). His teachings are for us to be Holy (1 Peter 15-16). Until we have achieved these commands, we have no business teaching others to do what we are not doing.

The demands of the law should sober us, for how will we meet God in our current unholy and imperfect conditions? Will we show him our baptismal certificates and perfect attendance records for 52 Sabbaths a year?

Are you saved right now? If unsure, how can we instruct others on how to be saved?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. Paul never parsed the law to fit his theology. When He referred to the law, it also contained the Ten Commandments. Romans 13-8 illustrates this very well. 8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Anyone trying to be justified by keeping the law has to do it perfectly, with no exceptions. (Romans 10:5) So, should one try to observe the Sabbath? Yes, if it is for the correct reasons, but if it has to do with earning merit for salvation, then it has become an idol.
Ok so the whole passage is about circumcision, the context will explain Itself if we allow it to. Pro 3:5-6 Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
His teachings are to be perfect even as God is perfect (Matthew 5:48). His teachings are for us to be Holy (1 Peter 15-16). Until we have achieved these commands, we have no business teaching others to do what we are not doing.

The demands of the law should sober us, for how will we meet God in our current unholy and imperfect conditions? Will we show him our baptismal certificates and perfect attendance records for 52 Sabbaths a year?

Are you saved right now? If unsure, how can we instruct others on how to be saved?
So Paul was a sinner shall we ignore him? 1 Tim 1:15. Since you’re telling people how to interpret scripture does that mean you’re holy and perfect?

You take care with what you’re teaching. Mat 5:19 God said Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy Exo 20:8 He is the Creator of Heaven and Earth Exo 20:11 man says forget. Dan 7:25 I guess we will see how it all works out. Eze 22:26 Isa 56:1-7 Rev 22:14-15

I do wish you well. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You keep trying to defend the Sabbath, which misses this OP's point. When the Sabbath makes one feel spiritually superior, merits them in the eyes of God, or diminishes the sacrifice of Christ our righteousness, then it has become a stumbling block.

It is the why of the matter.
How do you know how others “feel”. Do you feel spiritually superior by only worshipping God? That is also a commandment, or loving Him with all our heart and soul-the greatest commandment. Why would obeying God in all that He asks be any different. Our obedience is not really about us, it is about love to God 1 John 5:3. He gave us everything and asks for so little in return. John 14:15 Exo 20:6

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know how others “feel”. Do you feel spiritually superior by only worshipping God? That is also a commandment, or loving Him with all our heart and soul-the greatest commandment. Why would obeying God in all that He asks be any different. Our obedience is not really about us, it is about love to God 1 John 5:3. He gave us everything and asks for so little in return. John 14:15 Exo 20:6
Now that is an excellent point. When one turns to God And begins to see their life as he sees it they are broken. They see the immensity of their sin and the impossibility of the true requirements of the law.

They are like the woman caught in adultery and can only lie on the ground before Jesus with their face in the Earth and wait for judgment and then they hear the sweet voice of our Savior say where are your accusers neither do I condemn you.

From that moment on such a person will attempt to obey Christ and Our Father the best they can every day but it will be a journey and healing and God will guide and empower that person as they make such a journey.

Love will be the motive for they will know that they have been perfected forever by Christ one sacrifice and anything that they do or accomplish does not add to that nor subtract from it.

But what is our task? Is it to pick some point of doctrine and become an advocate for just that or is it to be the ambassadors of God’s reconciliation.

• Winner
Reactions: KevinT
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟43,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Paul was a sinner shall we ignore him? 1 Tim 1:15. Since you’re telling people how to interpret scripture does that mean you’re holy and perfect?
Yes, it does. This is an important point. All the points of the law are perfectly fulfilled in us through the indwelling of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. Of course my perfection and righteousness is Christ and what used to be my imperfection and even my current imperfections are Christ’s. As the Bible says, “for he has perfected us forever by his one sacrifice while we are still being made holy.”
You take care with what you’re teaching. Mat 5:19 God said Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy Exo 20:8 He is the Creator of Heaven and Earth Exo 20:11 man says forget. Dan 7:25 I guess we will see how it all works out. Eze 22:26 Isa 56:1-7 Rev 22:14-15

I do wish you well. :)
Why should we pick and choose from the old testament that which we give credence to? The pathway to salvation as outlined for the Israelites in the Old Testament has been fulfilled by Christ on the cross. So it would seem to me it’s a bit unfair to pick pieces of it and try to resurrect them.

Let the good news of the gospel shine through us in brilliant light and people will be attracted to it.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it does. This is an important point. All the points of the law are perfectly fulfilled in us through the indwelling of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. Of course my perfection and righteousness is Christ and what used to be my imperfection and even my current imperfections are Christ’s. As the Bible says, “for he has perfected us forever by his one sacrifice while we are still being made holy.”

Why should we pick and choose from the old testament that which we give credence to? The pathway to salvation as outlined for the Israelites in the Old Testament has been fulfilled by Christ on the cross. So it would seem to me it’s a bit unfair to pick pieces of it and try to resurrect them.

Let the good news of the gospel shine through us in brilliant light and people will be attracted to it.
There is no scripture that says the "Old Testament" has been deleted i.e. fufilled meaning ended. Jesus taught on the greatest commandments- to love God with all our heart Deut 6:5 and to love man Lev 19:18. Jesus taught and lived the Ten Commandments John 15:10 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:8-13 Mat 19:17-19 and quoted many of the OT teachings. There is no scripture that says because Christ died on the Cross we can now not love God or vain His name, worship other gods, break His holy Sabbath, covet or murder. Jesus said doing the least of these things we will be in fear of sin and judgement. Mat 5:17-30 If we love and have faith in Jesus why would we not want to live by His every Word. Mat 4:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟491,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But what is our task? Is it to pick some point of doctrine and become an advocate for just that or is it to be the ambassadors of God’s reconciliation.
Why would you think obeying God's commandments would not reconcile us including the Sabbath which Christ in His own Words said those who keep join themselves to Him? and He brings them to His holy mountain which is heaven. Don't you see obeying Christ and living by His every Word is a fruit of our faith. Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12 It's the disobedient and those who rebel against God and His law is an enmity against God Rom 8:7-8

Jesus wants to reconcile us- which is why He showed us the Way by His example to follow 1 John 2:6 who kept all of God's commandments John 15:10 including the Sabbath Luke 4:16 even though He was tempted in every way just as we are Heb 4:15 but was without sin 1 Peter 21:22 and we too can overcome through His Spirit John 14:15-30 God's law is His guide so we can see our sin Rom 3:20 Rom 7:7 so we can depend not on our righteousness, but on Christ's Psa 119:172 and that is the choice we all must make Rom 6:16

I posted this before- lets be blessed and reconciled in Christ and trust His Words to live by just as He told us to Mat 4:4

Reconciliation

Isa 56:1 Thus says the Lord:

Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,

And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil

6,“Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants
Everyone
who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant

Psa 89:34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips

What did Jesus tell us to teach and not teach?

Matthew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
I don't think least means one will be there if we read the next verse Mat 5:20

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who [g]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Outside God's Kingdon- non reconcillation

Mat 7:21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who [g]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 [h]But outside (judgement) are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. Breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12

1 John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If we are in Christ God gives us a new heart and a new spirit so we can keep His commandments, so we can have the same righteousness as Christ and live how He lived and overcome just as He did and having the same faith of Jesus Rev 14:12 we can be reconciled back to Him. Rev 22:14 Isa 56:1-7

Last edited:
Upvote 0