USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The new Covenant is based on Jesus Christ's Obedience, not ours. The Holy Spirit creates non ordinance based Love, Faith and Hope into our very being. Obedience is slavery, but we are declared sons and daughters. We don't "obey", but instead we are led into doing good works for God. Examples are given in James... Helping those in need, like widows, orphans and such.

Jesus is God. To simply not be HIM, places us in the category of sinning, as "to sin" means To Miss the Mark. To attempt to be LIKE JESUS, is to literally be saying that we are attempting to be GOOD LIKE GOD.

Having Faith in Jesus that saves means that we surrender to the Amazing truth that HE that was without sin, became sin for all of us, that We that are Sinners could be declared righteous.

I emphasize that it is most definitely well to do good on the Sabbath. But we don't do it to be saved. Jesus is our 100 percent complete salvation.
Hmmmm, Jesus said IF you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15, not Jesus obeyed the commandments so we can vain His hoy name, or break the least of these. Mat 5:19

No one said we keep the law to be saved, we are only saved by grace through faith. Those with faith hear His voice and obey Him, so keeping God’s law is how a saved person lives Rev 14:12 compared to the lost Rom 8:7-8

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But God made a new copy of it. There is no scripture that says “this” copy is the one in heaven. The last the Text says it was in King Soliman’s temple. It’s the last we heard of the earthy copy. The earthy temple was a replica of God’s heavenly Temple where it hold the original original Heb 8:1-5 Rev 11:19
The Copy of the Temple is to show us that Jesus is our HIGH PRIEST and ADVOCATE. Where as the Devil stood in heaven day and night accusing us to God, per the Law... (Rv 12:10).... Jesus is now our HIGH PRIEST.

Hebrews 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

And again...

Hebrews 7:25
25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost1 kthose who draw near to God lthrough him, since he always lives mto make intercession for them.

Read Full Chapter

1 John 2:1

Christ Our Advocate​

1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, ywe have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Read Full Chapter

Romans 8:27
27 And dhe who searches hearts knows what is ethe mind of the Spirit, because1 the Spirit fintercedes for the saints gaccording to the will of God.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The new Covenant is based on Jesus Christ's Obedience, not ours. The Holy Spirit creates non ordinance based Love, Faith and Hope into our very being. Obedience is slavery, but we are declared sons and daughters. We don't "obey", but instead we are led into doing good works for God. Examples are given in James... Helping those in need, like widows, orphans and such.

Jesus is God. To simply not be HIM, places us in the category of sinning, as "to sin" means To Miss the Mark. To attempt to be LIKE JESUS, is to literally be saying that we are attempting to be GOOD LIKE GOD.

Having Faith in Jesus that saves means that we surrender to the Amazing truth that HE that was without sin, became sin for all of us, that We that are Sinners could be declared righteous.

I emphasize that it is most definitely well to do good on the Sabbath. But we don't do it to be saved. Jesus is our 100 percent complete salvation.
Do you have kids? If so do you expect them to be your slaves, i.e. obey you?

How is obedience slavery? That is a purely legalistic, earthly view of obedience.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmmmm, Jesus said IF you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15, not Jesus obeyed the commandments so we can vain His hoy name, or break the least of these. Mat 5:19
He GAVE THEM WHILE HERE.

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

So you believe Jesus was His Father's slave?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you have kids? If so do you expect them to be your slaves, i.e. obey you?

How is obedience slavery? That is a purely legalistic, earthly view of obedience.
Allow me to be blunt... you believe that if you don't "Keep the Sabbath", that you will be rejected by God. Is that Forced obedience or Love?

Was Man made for the Sabbath or Sabbath made for man. Don't get me wrong... worship on Saturday (Shabbat)... and enjoy it. But it doesn't distinguish one Christian from another. That's biblically honest.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He GAVE THEM WHILE HERE.

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Love to God and to man is keeping His commandments 1 John 5:2-3.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Nope. When we trust God to change us we are not attempting to become like God.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you believe Jesus was His Father's slave?
Jesus Is God Almighty. He is the Son of God, God the Son. To see Him is to have seen the Father, yet... These 3 we baptize in the name of for True purpose... Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope. When we trust God to change us we are not attempting to become like God.
So then, are you saved by works of the flesh (Obedience) or THE Obedience of Jesus to His Father?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Copy of the Temple is to show us that Jesus is our HIGH PRIEST and ADVOCATE. Where as the Devil stood in heaven day and night accusing us to God, per the Law... (Rv 12:10).... Jesus is now our HIGH PRIEST.

Hebrews 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

And again...

Hebrews 7:25
25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost1 kthose who draw near to God lthrough him, since he always lives mto make intercession for them.

Read Full Chapter

1 John 2:1

Christ Our Advocate​

1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, ywe have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Read Full Chapter

Romans 8:27
27 And dhe who searches hearts knows what is ethe mind of the Spirit, because1 the Spirit fintercedes for the saints gaccording to the will of God.
Yes, Jesus is our High Priest and Advocate which does not delete God’s law He wrote in our hearts- His will Psa 40:8 for us to not sin and break His holy law. Yes, we have an Advocate in Jesus Christ who is our High Priest so instead of bringing an animal sacrifice to Him when we sin we can go directly to Him when we confess our sins 1 John 1:9 true repentance means a change of heart and a change of direction i.e. forsaking our sin Pro 28:13. When Jesus healed He said go and sin no more- not keep on sinning. Why anyone would argue against not keeping God’s holy and righteous law is beyond me, but we have free will.

Anyway, I’m not interested in continuing debating this further, so I will leave it as I wish you well. Take care. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Allow me to be blunt... you believe that if you don't "Keep the Sabbath", that you will be rejected by God. Is that Forced obedience or Love?

Was Man made for the Sabbath or Sabbath made for man. Don't get me wrong... worship on Saturday (Shabbat)... and enjoy it. But it doesn't distinguish one Christian from another. That's biblically honest.
You don't even understand the concept. God enables us to keep His commandments. That is not forced obedience but love for Him implanted in our hearts by Him.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So then, are you saved by works of the flesh (Obedience) or THE Obedience of Jesus to His Father?
Jesus makes His obedience by faith in His Father available to us. We become obedient in spite of our flesh.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, Jesus is our High Priest and Advocate which does not delete God’s law of will for us to not sin and break His holy law. Yes, we have an Advocate in Jesus Christ who is our High Priest so instead of bringing an animal to Him when we sin we can go directly to Him when we confess our sins 1 John 1:9 true repteance means a change of heart and a change of direction. When Jesus healed He said go and sin no more- not keep on sinning. Why anyone would argue against not keeping God’s holy and righteous law is beyond me, but we have free will.
So, God's Law is HIS VERY DIVINE PRECEPTS. It is well to learn from them and Love others. Of coarse we do not kill, or hate. But, we do hate and have to ask forgiveness. We don't stray to the Love we commit to, IE commit Adultery... but we do Lust... and we ask forgiveness.

However, Jesus pays our full debt of sin! Our salvation is assured by the apostles. Goodness brings a good life.

However, the miracle of Salvation is that we can rest assured in Jesus' work, not our own. We aren't saved by the works of our flesh. The works of our flesh are any "tower of babel" that we attempt to build, believing that it ensures that have Salvation. Jesus covered that part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus makes His obedience by faith in His Father available to us. We become obedient in spite of our flesh.
Following God's precepts is Good! Our actions do not make us more or less saved. If we transgress the Holy Spirits work, the Holy Spirit continues His work within us. We have the Rm 8:9 within us. We are able to rest in Jesus Christ's full work of salvation.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 2: 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
That's the same Paul that says: Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.

To DO the Law is to attempt to be Justified by the Law. The Law of Christ is naturally followed by allowing His indwelling Spirit to have full reign over sinful us. He really does all of the lifting. It's not that we look to be "obedient" by human effort, because that is to be "Hagar". It is to allow the Spirit to do His work.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So, God's Law is HIS VERY DIVINE PRECEPTS. It is well to learn from them and Love others. Of coarse we do not kill, or hate. But, we do hate and have to ask forgiveness. We don't stray to the Love we commit to, IE commit Adultery... but we do Lust... and we ask forgiveness.

However, Jesus pays our full debt of sin! Our salvation is assured by the apostles. Goodness brings a good life.

However, the miracle of Salvation is that we can rest assured in Jesus' work, not our own. We aren't saved by the works of our flesh. The works of our flesh are any "tower of babel" that we attempt to build, believing that it ensures that have Salvation. Jesus covered that part.
So you believe a creation, sin, by a created being, the devil, is too much for God to overcome. That means sin is infinite in power instead of God.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's the same Paul that says: Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.

To DO the Law is to attempt to be Justified by the Law. The Law of Christ is naturally followed by allowing His indwelling Spirit to have full reign over sinful us. He really does all of the lifting. It's not that we look to be "obedient" by human effort, because that is to be "Hagar". It is to allow the Spirit to do His work.
Since when does Paul say we can be justified by the law? You just demonstrated it is impossible yet Paul dpes say the doers of the law are justified.

Here is the context.

Romans 2: 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Upvote 0