USA
✟496,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gods sabbath rest is a future event I believe is Christs millennial reign Christ said

‭John 5:17 ESV‬
[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So if the Father and Son are still working it means Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into
‭Hebrews 4:1 ESV‬
[1] Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.

It also means creation is ongoing God rested after he finished his creation man in his image which is Jesus Christ when he stands before the throne of God with the multitude of believers.

Love and Peace
Dave
Many people confuse the Sabbath rest with Christ rest, but they are not the same.

The Sabbath rest is always connected to the seventh day.

This is God personally writing and speaking here as there is no Greater Authority than He

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

Even in the NT. 56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

The Sabbath commandment is part of God's eternal law that He both personally wrote and personally spoke. The Sabbath commandment is the only commandment that reveals God as the Creator of Heaven and Earth and contains His seal. God said He would not alter His Words Psa 89:34 and Jesus said the same thing Mat 5:18

God cares about our needs and knows we need both physical rest from work and spiritual rest in Him which is what the Sabbath does.

Christ offers His rest which is free from sin and unrighteousness. In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him or His commandments including the 4th commandment.

Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then
your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

There is a deceptive doctrine going around that Jesus is the Sabbath, but Jesus in His own Words said He is Lord of the Sabbath i.e. the Creator, not the creation. The Sabbath is made for mankind and for everyone who wants to join themselves with Christ, to serve Him and love His name. It's something man does- Jesus did not give Himself a commandment. The devil flipped this as it is something Jesus does and we can profane His holy Sabbath day but its not what the scriptures teach. Jesus relates keeping His Sabbath as doing righteousness and His righteousness is everlasting Psa 119:142

Isa 56:1 Thus says the Lord:

“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

6 “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant

Psa 89:34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

Isa 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy
day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

The Sabbath is always connected to the seventh day. These are God's personally written and spoken Words that no one is above to alter and God said He would not alter. The Sabbath even in the NT is still according to the commandments Luke23:56.

Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God

So no Jesus didn't become the Sabbath and we can now profane it as so many confused people teach. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath Mark 2:28, Jesus never turned into a commandments or a day i.e. the creation. It is something man does according to Christ- we are to keep God's Sabbath day holy Exo 20:8-11 and in return He blesses and we join ourselves with Him and He sanctifies us Eze 20:12 because man can' sanctify themselves, we need God.

No wonder the devil has attacked God's Sabbath so much because this is what happens when we don't follow God's Word.

Eze 22:26 Her priests have [a]violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand the kingdom age or the 1,000 year reign of Christ. But I will not be alive then. How can I "enter in".

I have heard that Jesus comes for us in a pre trib rapture and returns with us in a post trib third coming. Not sure how all that works if the resurrection is not until the end of the 1,000 year reign.

Lately I have been leaning toward the Kingdom age as being symbolic and not a literal return of Jesus.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply there are 2v resurrection the first at the beginning of Christs millennial reign this is all believers the 2nd resurrection is at the end of the millenium it is the resurrection to judgment the resurrection of the unbelievers so everyone will be raised up so we must strive to be in the first resurrection.

‭1 Corinthians 15:51-52 ESV‬
[51] Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

We shall be changed into spiritual beings its the only way we can enter into Gods sabbath rest.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We shall be changed into spiritual beings its the only way we can enter into Gods sabbath rest.
There is a pretty strong condition there. This is for those who did not worship the "beast". They did not exalt themselves, they exalted God. But what does that mean NOT to worship the Beast?

So you believe we will return with Jesus and our body will be resurrected and we will rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years. Then there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

Revelation 20 4 I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete.

There was a resurrection when the veil was torn and many were raised from the dead. The Bible does not say anything about where they are or what happened to them.

If we have a new heaven and a new earth what does that do to the law of entropy?

• Entropy is a fundamental concept in thermodynamics. It represents the measure of disorder or randomness in a system.
  • The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of an isolated system tends to increase over time.
  • If we consider the new heaven and new earth as a physical reality, it would need to adhere to the laws of physics, including thermodynamics.
  • However, some interpretations suggest that God’s creative act could transcend natural laws, allowing for a state of perfect order without violating entropy principles.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply dose not matter if you are alive or dead if you are dead you will be raised up as a spiritual being if you are alive you will be changed into a spiritual being.
There are two resurrection the first at the beginning of the millenium this is the resurrection of all those who are in Christ the second resurrection is at the end of the millennium and is the resurrection to judgment for all unbelievers
The kingdom age or the millennium is a fact and will happen when Christ returns it is defernantly not symbolic it is the 7th day of this creation which began with Noah and will end with man in the image of God which is Jesus Christ.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Gods sabbath rest is a future event I believe is Christs millennial reign Christ said

‭John 5:17 ESV‬
[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So if the Father and Son are still working it means Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into
[1] Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.

It also means creation is ongoing God rested after he finished his creation man in his image which is Jesus Christ when he stands before the throne of God with the multitude of believers.

Love and Peace
Dave
You are taking Hebrews 4 out of context.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Him thank you for your reply if I have taken Hebrews 4 out of context please tell me what the context should be the way I see it Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into.

Love and Peace
Dave
Not much time presently. But for starters, do you know that chapter 3 and four in Hebrews is speaking of two rest, not one?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟340,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is said that in the future there will only exist Righteousness.

2 Pet. 3: 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Shall we then continue in disobedience to God's Judgments and Commandments because of a future heaven or future earth where there is no transgression?

Heb. 4: 1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Is there any evidence of this unbelief shown to us in the Law and Prophets?

Ez. 20: 12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. 13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Clearly, these examples written for our admonition (1 Cor. 10:6) didn't believe, AKA, "have Faith" in God. Doesn't Paul teach that this is written for us, so that we won't lust after the same things they lusted after?

You are taking Heb. 4 out of context by claiming that it was written to justify despising God's Judgments, or polluting God's Sabbaths.

I don't believe the scriptures support such a philosophy.

‭John 5:17 ESV‬ [17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

If a child doesn't work on God's Sabbaths, as per the commandment, does God condemn the parents for changing their diaper? Feeding them food? Or have you been convinced that God's intent in the Sabbath was to make children starve and live in their own feces, in order to comply with His commandment?

In the Holy Scriptures, didn't the Priests of God not "work" cleansing the people on God's Sabbaths, and are blameless? And wasn't Jesus the Prophesied Priest of God? Was Israel justified in their rejection or pollution of God's Commandment, because the Priest's "worked" as ministers in the Priest's office?

Seek God's Kingdom and His Righteousness, not justification for sin.

And why didn't those who fell in the wilderness reach it? Here is what the Jesus "of the Bible" says.

Mark 7: 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep "your own tradition".

And Hebrews confirms this.

Heb. 4: 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached "entered not in" because of unbelief:

Jesus said God's Sabbaths "were made for man". Israel didn't believe this. "Many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, clearly don't believe it either.

But Jesus did, Paul did, Zacharias did, Simeon did, Caleb did, Joshua did, and scores of others.

What if God knew what HE was doing when HE created His Sabbath for men?

Surely something worth considering.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
dose not matter if you are alive or dead
It matters to my wife and my son and my doctor. They seem to want to keep me alive. The issue is I think God keeps me alive so I can give a witness and testimony for Him. Of course Jesus teaches we can earn treasures in Heaven. Salvation is not works based so we can have rewards.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It matters to my wife and my son and my doctor. They seem to want to keep me alive. The issue is I think God keeps me alive so I can give a witness and testimony for Him. Of course Jesus teaches we can earn treasures in Heaven. Salvation is not works based so we can have rewards.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for you reply the point I was trying make was it makes no difference if we are alive or dead when Christ begins his millennial reign if we are dead we will be raised up if we are alive we will be changed.
Of course it matters to our loved ones if we live or die the same for us if our loved ones live or die but what ever happens we cannot change it as believer's we know we are going to a better place.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is said that in the future there will only exist Righteousness.

2 Pet. 3: 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Shall we then continue in disobedience to God's Judgments and Commandments because of a future heaven or future earth where there is no transgression?

Heb. 4: 1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Is there any evidence of this unbelief shown to us in the Law and Prophets?

Ez. 20: 12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. 13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Clearly, these examples written for our admonition (1 Cor. 10:6) didn't believe, AKA, "have Faith" in God. Doesn't Paul teach that this is written for us, so that we won't lust after the same things they lusted after?

You are taking Heb. 4 out of context by claiming that it was written to justify despising God's Judgments, or polluting God's Sabbaths.

I don't believe the scriptures support such a philosophy.

If a child doesn't work on God's Sabbaths, as per the commandment, does God condemn the parents for changing their diaper? Feeding them food? Or have you been convinced that God's intent in the Sabbath was to make children starve and live in their own feces, in order to comply with His commandment?

In the Holy Scriptures, didn't the Priests of God not "work" cleansing the people on God's Sabbaths, and are blameless? And wasn't Jesus the Prophesied Priest of God? Was Israel justified in their rejection or pollution of God's Commandment, because the Priest's "worked" as ministers in the Priest's office?

Seek God's Kingdom and His Righteousness, not justification for sin.

And why didn't those who fell in the wilderness reach it? Here is what the Jesus "of the Bible" says.

Mark 7: 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep "your own tradition".

And Hebrews confirms this.

Heb. 4: 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached "entered not in" because of unbelief:

Jesus said God's Sabbaths "were made for man". Israel didn't believe this. "Many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, clearly don't believe it either.

But Jesus did, Paul did, Zacharias did, Simeon did, Caleb did, Joshua did, and scores of others.

What if God knew what HE was doing when HE created His Sabbath for men?

Surely something worth considering.
Hi Studland thank you for your reply not sure what point your trying to make you said

You are taking Heb. 4 out of context by claiming that it was written to justify despising God's Judgments, or polluting God's Sabbaths

WHen did I ever claim these things the only thing I have said is Christs millennial reign is The Fathers sabbath rest he rests because he hands everything over to Christ to finish the creation of man ( mankind ) in the image of God so the millenium is the Fathers sabbath rest it is the last day of creation which began with Noah and would take 7 days 1000 years long.
As for Gods sabbath rest it is a future event the Father and son are still working.

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work

Which can only mean the Father has not yet rested so I say the millenium is the Fathers sabbath rest

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Him thank you for your reply if I have taken Hebrews 4 out of context please tell me what the context should be the way I see it Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into.

Love and Peace
Dave
Do you know that chapter 3 and four in Hebrews is speaking of two rest, not one?

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know that chapter 3 and four in Hebrews is speaking of two rest, not one?
Hi him thank you for your reply as far as I can see there is only one rest for God the Father and that can only be Christ's millennial reign the last day of creation the Father will resume work after the millennium when he will create a new heaven and earth.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟496,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi him thank you for your reply as far as I can see there is only one rest for God the Father and that can only be Christ's millennial reign the last day of creation the Father will resume work after the millennium when he will create a new heaven and earth.

Love and Peace
Dave
Could you please point out anywhere in scripture where the Sabbath rest is referring to the millennium.

God personally defined the Sabbath- He is the Creator - He reveals this in His Sabbath commanemnt- should we trust Him at His Word?

God personally both wrote and spoke these Words. There is no greater Authority than He.

Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Lets apply this to scripture because in the NT, the Sabbath rest never changes, it was always according to the commandment

Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

The apostles were faithful servants of God and obeyed God and His commandments ....

Please show me how these scriptures apply to the millennium which has not happened yet until Jesus returns.

Acts 13: 42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13: 44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.

The Sabbath is something God gave man to rest from their works and labors every seventh day so we can keep the Sabbath day holy to honor Him on His holy day. Isa 58:13 made for man Mark 2:27 and everyone who wants to join themselves to Christ, to love His name and serve Him and do righteousness. It's something man does Isa 56:1-7.

There is no "sabbath millennium" in all of scripture. This is really just another deceptive doctrine leading man away from obeying God's commandments the way God wrote and spoke them on His Authority. There will be a millennium, a 1000 years of peace when the saints will reign with God before He places Judgement on all sin and sinners, but it has never been called the Sabbath, nor does it replace our moral obligation to obey God's commandments. God's saints keep God's commandments Rev 14:12 the way God wrote and spoke them, not what was altered by man.

Christ wants to give His people rest from rebellion and sin, but it requires our cooperation in Christ obeying His commandments just as Jesus did who is our example to follow 1 John 2:6

Then your peace would have been like a river,

The Sabbath is a commandment of God and God gave us clear instructions on how to keep it. Profaning it is no different than committing murder or adultery James 2:10-12 its all sin 1 John 3:4 Mat 5:19-30. God wants to spend time with His people to bless and sanctify us Eze 20:12 because man can't sanctify themselves, we need God. Its sad most Christians reject this in lieu of their own version of sanctification, which is depending on their own works instead of God's Exo 32:16, their own righteousness instead of God's Isa 56:1-6 Psa 119:172. We need to seek God and His righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,302.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you please point out anywhere in scripture where the Sabbath rest is referring to the millennium.

God personally defined the Sabbath- He is the Creator - He reveals this in His Sabbath commanemnt- should we trust Him at His Word?

God personally both wrote and spoke these Words. There is no greater Authority than He.

Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Lets apply this to scripture because in the NT, the Sabbath rest never changes, it was always according to the commandment

Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

The apostles were faithful servants of God and obeyed God and His commandments ....

Please show me how these scriptures apply to the millennium which has not happened yet until Jesus returns.

Acts 13: 42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13: 44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.

The Sabbath is something God gave man to rest from their works and labors every seventh day so we can keep the Sabbath day holy to honor Him on His holy day. Isa 58:13 made for man Mark 2:27 and everyone who wants to join themselves to Christ, to love His name and serve Him and do righteousness. It's something man does Isa 56:1-7.

There is no "sabbath millennium" in all of scripture. This is really just another deceptive doctrine leading man away from obeying God's commandments the way God wrote and spoke them on His Authority. There will be a millennium, a 1000 years of peace when the saints will reign with God before He places Judgement on all sin and sinners, but it has never been called the Sabbath, nor does it replace our moral obligation to obey God's commandments. God's saints keep God's commandments Rev 14:12 the way God wrote and spoke them, not what was altered by man.

Christ wants to give His people rest from rebellion and sin, but it requires our cooperation in Christ obeying His commandments just as Jesus did who is our example to follow 1 John 2:6

Then your peace would have been like a river,

The Sabbath is a commandment of God and God gave us clear instructions on how to keep it. Profaning it is no different than committing murder or adultery James 2:10-12 its all sin 1 John 3:4 Mat 5:19-30. God wants to spend time with His people to bless and sanctify us Eze 20:12 because man can't sanctify themselves, we need God. Its sad most Christians reject this in lieu of their own version of sanctification, which is depending on their own works instead of God's Exo 32:16, their own righteousness instead of God's Isa 56:1-6 Psa 119:172. We need to seek God and His righteousness.
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply Gods sabbath rest is the seventh day of creation

eb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

As I have said many times before the creation of man in the image of God in Genesis should be applied starting with Noah would take 7 days 1000 years long the last day would be Christ's millennium and being Christ's millennium is the 7th day of this creation its also the Fathers sabbath rest.
So the 7th day of creation is the Farthers day of rest we also know from scripture that Gods sabath rest is a future event which we can enter into.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

So the 6th day is the last day of the creation of man in the image of God which is followed by God's sabbath rest the 7th day

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟340,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Studland Studyman, thank you for your reply not sure what point your trying to make you said

You are taking Heb. 4 out of context by claiming that it was written to justify despising God's Judgments, or polluting God's Sabbaths

WHen did I ever claim these things the only thing I have said is Christs millennial reign is The Fathers sabbath rest he rests because he hands everything over to Christ to finish the creation of man ( mankind ) in the image of God so the millenium is the Fathers sabbath rest it is the last day of creation which began with Noah and would take 7 days 1000 years long.
As for Gods sabbath rest it is a future event the Father and son are still working.

This is a philosophy adopted by you, promoted by "Many" who come in Christ's Name. It is done by talking basically one or two sentences from the entire Bible, separating them from the rest of the Bible, and then using them to support a religious tradition which results in the transgression of God's Commandments, in this case, His Sabbath Commandment. In other words, if a man adopts the popular religious philosophy you are promoting, it results in the rejection of God's Sabbath Commandment. I posted Jesus' own Words showing this was also practiced by those who "Professed to know God" in Jesus' Time., "Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."

I pointed out that the context of Hebrews 3 & 4 is not to promote disobedience to God or His Commandments, including any of the 10 Commandments. Rather, Heb. 3&4 points out the dangers of disobedience and it teaches that this rebellion against God is why God rejected the rebellious in Israel. And to be careful not to be persuaded by all the other voices in the garden God placed us in, to follow their rebellious ways, because if a man does, he, like them, will not be able to enter God's Sabbath Rest.

As it is written;

Heb. 3: 10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. 11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, "as in the provocation". 16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. 17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

These rebellious Jews had a Sabbath, just as you have a Sabbath and "many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, have a Sabbath. It just isn't God's Sabbath rest. And men who don't believe this God, cannot enter into HIS Sabbath rest.

Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work

Which can only mean the Father has not yet rested so I say the millenium is the Fathers sabbath rest

Again, the context of Jesus Words to the disobedient children of the devil, was not to promote further disobedience to God or God's Commandments. Obedient parents wouldn't work their regular job or seek their own pleasure on God's Holy Day. But they would take care of their child in the same way the Priests administered before God in the Priest's office. It was not a sin to help an ailing brother on God's Holy Sabbath. The Pharisees had injected their own imagination into the Sabbath Commandment and polluted it. I posted just a few of the Scriptures which confirm this understanding, but you didn't acknowledge them.

Can you find even one place in the Holy scriptures where God's Law was against helping a brother in need on His Holy Sabbath?

But again, to justify the ancient tradition of polluting and/or rejecting God's Sabbaths, men select a few verses from the Bible, separate it from the rest of Scriptures, and then take it out of context to justify their own religious tradition.

Jesus kept God's Holy Sabbath Commandment, as any son of God would. If HE prayed to God on God's Holy Sabbath, God wouldn't put Him off until sundown, any more than Jesus would be forced by the Sabbath commandment to wait until sundown to heal the ailing brother. And yet that is the implication of many who come in Christ's Name, concerning the Christ's Words you quoted. As if the God and Father of the Lord's Christ was so unjust and unrighteous that Jesus had to break His Commandment to save an ailing brother. Next, you will probably try and convince me that God placed 613 laws on the Necks of men who trusted Him in the Exodus.

According to Hebrews, it is those folks who honored God in obedience to His Commandments, that enter into His Rest. Those who don't believe God made His commandments for men, as did those rebellious Jews and Pharisees, they will not enter His Rest.

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

We are to rest from our own works, on this Holy Day that God Himself esteemed as above the other 6 days of the week.

But if a man doesn't believe in this God, he cannot enter into His Rest.

With God's Love

Studyman

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟496,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sabbathblessing thank you for your reply
You're welcome and appreciate yours as well. :)
Gods sabbath rest is the seventh day of creation
Agree
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Yes agreed again, although this is a direct reference to the Ten Commandments- when God spoke and wrote His holy law.

20 And God spoke all these words, saying:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Because Hebrews 3 and 4 is bringing us back to obedience to God in order to receive His rest which is free from rebellion and sin. Isa 48:18
As I have said many times before the creation of man in the image of God in Genesis should be applied starting with Noah would take 7 days 1000 years long the last day would be Christ's millennium and being Christ's millennium is the 7th day of this creation its also the Fathers sabbath rest.
I understand this is what you say, but what does God say is what we need to go by. The Sabbath started at Creation, not in the days of Noah.

This is God writing and speaking:

Exo 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
So the 7th day of creation is the Farthers day of rest we also know from scripture that Gods sabath rest is a future event which we can enter into.
The Sabbath is made for man Mark 2:27 as the day to keep holy Exo 20:8 so we can honor God on His holy day Isa 58:13 and join ourselves with Christ, to serve Him, love His name and do what He deems is righteous Isa 56:1-6 and He blesses and sanctifies us Eze 20:12 because man can't sanctify ourselves we need God. Keeping the Sabbath shows we are one of God's people Eze 20:20 and we place our faith in Him to do what He asks and trust He knows what's best for us. The Sabbath is about both physical rest on the seventh day and spiritual rest. The day we can unplug from the world and focus on God. So this is not a future event according to God. It is a weekly event

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

So the 6th day is the last day of the creation of man in the image of God which is followed by God's sabbath rest the 7th day
There two different rests in this passage as a few people have been trying to tell you. The Sabbath rest is always connected to the seventh day according to God.

Exodus 20:10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath

To enter into Christ rest we also rest from our works, just as God did, on the seventh day. Two rests, not one.

Heb 4:10 For he who has entered His rest (Christ rest) has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (Sabbath rest)

When did God cease from His works?

In Christ rest there is no rebellion to Him and His commandments including the Sabbath commandment, there is just peace. Isa 48:18

This passage is a call to obedience to God, it starts in Hebrews 3 which is a direct reference to Psalms 95.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We have pointed out to you 100 times where Moses and Peter say that a day is 1,000 years. The fourth commandment is to observe the Sabbath. The Bible is filled with references to the Sabbath. Many, many times we read about the Sabbath. This is also referred to as the Day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟496,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We have pointed out to you 100 times where Moses and Peter say that a day is 1,000 years. The fourth commandment is to observe the Sabbath. The Bible is filled with references to the Sabbath. Many, many times we read about the Sabbath. This is also referred to as the Day of the Lord.
Only in its proper context. God did not take 1000 years to make creation. He spoke it into creation and it was so.

The Sabbath is never referred to as the Day of the Lord i.e. His Second Coming.

The Sabbath is on the seventh day Exo 20:10 and the weekly cycle started at Creation and has never changed.

We are not in heaven yet, so we have literal days.

Upvote 0