Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
this is all I've read so far

I'm sure you've heard that saying

Being middle of the road means getting run over?

Jesus was pretty black and white himself

He said such things as "If you deny Me before men, I will deny you before the Father"

That's not too gray, is it?

I can't compare my judgement to Christ. I'm sure He was much more clear than, quite frankly, any man or woman alive on this earth.

While before God everything is black and white, there is also the fact God gives mankind some liberty. I sometimes think God allows us far more liberty to make the mistakes and learn the lessons that either bring us to Christ or reap coals on our heads than man allows. However, man usually takes that liberty and abuses it which hurts others.

We are left always feeling like we are threading the needle when dealing with more secular political matters and we all have our own opinions.

I honestly can't pretend I can always get the needle right, and those who believe they always have God's answer often worry me.

To then say that there should be some kind of societal consensus over what is essentially just the opinions of a group of unsaved and potentially saved people who got together to make a living is, I think, expecting too much out of those who are unsaved in the main.

We want to make sure we are providing accurate facts to people, but if we are bringing people back home from far off, the journey back might be longer, I would imagine.

But if course, it's just my opinion. When someone else has dug in their heels, you have to learn how to bring peace and understanding to the situation, whether and how it might be possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟293,855.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, January 6 is a blatant example of Trump egging the crowd on, but the far-right disagrees with this fact. I have a friend here on this forum, great guy, who is a Republican, but he condemns Trump's actions. He prefers Nikki Haley.
Is Neocon Nikki really the better option?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I still haven't found what I'm looking for, as the song says

But one thing isfor certain: this everyday voter does NOT trust Dominion.

Then again, I don't trust anyone.. Why should I? The world is sold out to the devil
While before God everything is black and white, there is also the fact God gives mankind some liberty. I sometimes think God allows us far more liberty to make the mistakes and learn the lessons that either bring us to Christ or reap coals on our heads than man allows. However, man usually takes that liberty and abuses it which hurts others.
I'm not sure I totally understand all you say here but I got this.

I have had the same thought: that God allows us too much liberty (considering what we are capable of :eek:, but it wasn't too much, apparently, bc presumably, God knows what He is doing. LOL

I guess He had to have a way of testing us. It's easy to be committed to God in good times, not so much in bad... etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Please tell me what a "real" Republican is.
small government
wants to cut waste, fraud and abuse in same
wants to protect ALL humans even helpless babies in the womb
does not want lawlessness like what we see @ the border

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟286,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
small government
wants to cut waste, fraud and abuse in same
wants to protect ALL humans even helpless babies in the womb
does not want lawlessness like what we see @ the border
Even protect single parents and their children? Protect environment? Keep everyone equal under the law? Ensure peaceful transfer of power?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Even protect single parents and their children? Protect environment? Keep everyone equal under the law? Ensure peaceful transfer of power?
well, some of those term need to be defined (these days)

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟159,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, here is the cold hard reality: Fox is skewed to the right, while CNN is skewed to the left. If you want something in the center, Wall Street Journal or AP News are two of the best well known sources.

From Ad Fontes
View attachment 347026
I found those 2 also on non bias rating sites. Along with News Nation, Pew Research, Christion science monitor. It is easy to consider news outlets biased when we disagree with there spin. I would prefer, no opinion, no spin. Does such a newspaper exist? I think newspapers cater to their audience and investors of necessity. They often seem to focus on the parts of a story with greater shock value and omit those parts that don't support the desired narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found those 2 also on non bias rating sites. Along with News Nation, Pew Research, Christion science monitor. It is easy to consider news outlets biased when we disagree with there spin. I would prefer, no opinion, no spin. Does such a newspaper exist? I think newspapers cater to their audience and investors of necessity. They often seem to focus on the parts of a story with greater shock value and omit those parts that don't support the desired narrative.
Agreed. There is no such thing as a newspaper with no spin, though some are closer to minimal spin compared to others. Money drives papers.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟564,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been following news for decades now and I did not see anything wrong done by Trump. He specifically said to the crowd that they should PEACEFULLY go to the capitol and protest.

Even if you excuse his culpability in the Jan 6 insurrection, the entire Stop the Steal movement was a con. He and his cronies spent months straight up lying to people.

I wish people would look at their own sins and mind their own business about sins from someone else's past.

I seriously doubt that's what you actually wish people to do.
judge Eric Davis

He was appointed in 2012 by Delaware Governor Jack Markell and confirmed by the DE senate.

One interesting thing about the DE Superior Court is no political party can have more than a bare majority of justices:

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Even if you excuse his culpability in the Jan 6 insurrection, the entire Stop the Steal movement was a con. He and his cronies spent months straight up lying to people.
Well, gee, I guess all the info / facts I myself have accumulated to prove otherwise is just a bunch of lies because lying news media says so?!

NOT

I've done plenty of research and the election was FAKE. I have read just about every book on the topic which somehow I doubt ANY of the Steal-deniers have. Of course most of them will not CHOOSE to read this information. They just SOOOO don't want it to be true.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟564,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, gee, I guess all the info / facts I myself have accumulated to prove otherwise is just a bunch of lies because lying news media says so?!

If it were true, I would've thought at least one of his court cases would've been successful.

NOT

I've done plenty of research and the election was FAKE. I have read just about every book on the topic which somehow I doubt ANY of the Steal-deniers have.

Ah, well, in that case, color me convinced.

• Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0