WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I asked for a very specific example to be shown since the claim is made in your post that both administrations were doing the same thing.

I agree that one can find flaws in both - but that does not mean that they were limited to the exact same flaws.
Well, January 6 is a blatant example of Trump egging the crowd on, but the far-right disagrees with this fact. I have a friend here on this forum, great guy, who is a Republican, but he condemns Trump's actions. He prefers Nikki Haley.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟924,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, January 6 is a blatant example of Trump egging the crowd on
Jan 6 Trump explicitly called for peaceful demonstration.

There was no place where he told anyone to do violence to the capitol - and his administration even asked to bring in the national guard for security but the democratic leadership in the house rejected it and they were the ones charged with making the call.
, but the far-right disagrees with this fact.
And so do news reports.

So while we do see some of the crowd engaged in illegal break-in activity - a lot of them show up as peaceful in the news clips - as opposed to all the violence caught on camera in the mob-america campaigns that were happening all during the previous summer. I recall "most peaceful statements" from certain democratic politicians as cameras showed cars and building on fire during that summer.

Trump claimed that those involved in illegal violence were not his people ... and since the Trump admin was "the government in charge" at the time - it is easy to see how those engaged in violence against the government were in fact violently attacking Trump's own government rule.

=======================

But what I was explicitly asking about was - related to the boarder-wall building politics of Trump -- with much fewer illegal crossings, and the rule-of-law idea where no statements were telegraphed about certain thefts being not-prosecutable if they are less than a certain x-1000's of dollars per heist , and illegal boarder crossing were not being called for outright etc -- as compared to what we got during the next admin.

You seem to be saying we saw all that in both administrations.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fox interviews and has guests who are from all walks of life and all kinds of professions. They always have a lot of ATTORNEYs on

So yeh, are you
Fox haters saying those people all lie just for Fox?

I mean, get real
I think Fox News is as trustworthy as any other news...

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jan 6 Trump explicitly called for peaceful demonstration.

There was no place where he told anyone to do violence to the capitol - and his administration even asked to bring in the national guard for security but the democratic leadership in the house rejected it and they were the ones charged with making the call.

And so do news reports.

So while we do see some of the crowd engaged in illegal break-in activity - a lot of them show up as peaceful in the news clips - as opposed to all the violence caught on camera in the mob-america campaigns that were happening all during the previous summer. I recall "most peaceful statements" from certain democratic politicians as cameras showed cars and building on fire during that summer.

Trump claimed that those involved in illegal violence were not his people ... and since the Trump admin was "the government in charge" at the time - it is easy to see how those engaged in violence against the government were in fact violently attacking Trump's own government rule.
Well, why should we trust a billionaire who lies and judges others? The Bible says it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle compared to a rich man.

Luke 18:25: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, here is the cold hard reality: Fox is skewed to the right, while CNN is skewed to the left. If you want something in the center, Wall Street Journal or AP News are two of the best well known sources.
AP picks up stories from wire service subscribers / contributors. When they carried stories about Kirby Godsey and Mercer University, the source they picked was local to Mercer, but soft balled questions and spun issues. Another paper carried more factual information in one paragraph than the ones the AP picked. But the other paper wasn't an AP member.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AP picks up stories from wire service subscribers / contributors. When they carried stories about Kirby Godsey and Mercer University, the source they picked was local to Mercer, but soft balled questions and spun issues. Another paper carried more factual information in one paragraph than the ones the AP picked. But the other paper wasn't an AP member.
So, what about WSJ?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟703,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fox interviews and has guests who are from all walks of life and all kinds of professions. They always have a lot of ATTORNEYs on

So yeh, are you
Fox haters saying those people all lie just for Fox?

I mean, get real

You do have to go center, it's just that we lost much center these last years.

Fox is starting to have to pick up the center as well, which leaves an issue with agreeable sources.

I read an article recently about the thought back in the 50's or 60's if I remember right that someone had. He thought a problem in America was that in the main people didn't have strong ideological positions. He thought access to information and knowledge would improve this and thus improve American life.

Now that we are decades into the world of information at our fingertips we are finding his thinking was incorrect. All knowledge does is make you ideological and all being ideological does is divide.

I don't normally go hang out with the left or with the kid's (college age etc) I don't even discuss with kids under 18 because that's their parents job.

But lately because of the problems on campuses I decided to talk to some...

I saw a level of extremism into their ideological corner so much so that if what you said went off the narrative they have chosen to accept, they would shut you down immediately and stop talking to you...

That's it, conversation over, your done.

It's frightening.. Their sources aren't our sources and I don't even know how to reach them...

We are in trouble because we don't share the same information about the world going on around us anymore.

So generally speaking, if you can find it on a left wing site then do ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what about WSJ?
I seldom read the WSJ, so can't offer an opinion. I'm extremely cynical about news sources, and William Randolph Hearst's instruction to an illustrator in Cuba often comes to mind.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Fox is starting to have to pick up the center as well, which leaves an issue with agreeable sources.

I read an article recently about the thought back in the 50's or 60's if I remember right that someone had. He thought a problem in America was that in the main people didn't have strong ideological positions. He thought access to information and knowledge would improve this and thus improve American life.

Now that we are decades into the world of information at our fingertips we are finding his thinking was incorrect. All knowledge does is make you ideological and all being ideological does is divide.

I don't normally go hang out with the left or with the kid's (college age etc) I don't even discuss with kids under 18 because that's their parents job.

But lately because of the problems on campuses I decided to go talk to some...

I saw a level of extremism into their ideological corner so much so that if what you said went off the narrative they have chosen to accept, they would shut you down immediately and stop talking to you...

That's it, conversation over, your done.

It's frightening, really really frightening... Their sources aren't our sources and I don't even know how to reach them...

We are in trouble because we don't share the same information about the world going on around us anymore.
I agree. I am somewhat left (when it comes to environmentalism and housing), but I had a conversation with a guy born in 2003, and he sadly supports the trans movement even though he is a Christian. I told him there are two genders XX and XY (and a very tiny fraction people with XXY or XYY because of genetic defects), and that perverts could fake their gender to enter the women's bathroom. He didn't like what I had to say. Christian in Name Only, but I am not the judge.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I seldom read the WSJ, so can't offer an opinion. I'm extremely cynical about news sources, and William Randolph Hearst's instruction to an illustrator in Cuba often comes to mind.
Sometimes it is just best to avoid the news altogether and focus on God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟682,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only way to get a somewhat true picture of what is going on, is to watch multiple news channels, both right and left leaning. If one never watched Fox news, they would be missing many stories that aren't covered (or barely covered) by other news agencies. To totally disregard all information from Fox, is just turning a blind eye to what you don't agree with.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only way to get a somewhat true picture of what is going on, is to watch multiple news channels, both right and left leaning. If one never watched Fox news, they would be missing many stories that aren't covered (or barely covered) by other news agencies. To totally disregard all information from Fox, is just turning a blind eye to what you don't agree with.
Agreed. That is why I like Allsides: AllSides | Balanced news via media bias ratings for an unbiased news perspective

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,117,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
show me one case, proof of them lying.
Dominion focused on allegations made between November 2020 and January 2021 by hosts Maria Bartiromo, Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, and Jeanine Pirro. Guests who often appeared with these hosts included Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, both of whom have also been sued individually by Dominion in federal court.[a] During pre-trial discovery, Fox News' internal communications were released, indicating that prominent hosts and top executives were aware the network was reporting false statements but continued doing so to retain viewers for financial reasons.
In a summary judgment on March 31, 2023, Delaware Superior Court judge Eric M. Davis ruled that none of the disputed statements Fox News made about Dominion were true and ordered a trial to determine if the network had acted with actual malice.
On April 18, 2023, as opening statements were about to begin, the judge announced that the parties had reached a settlement. Fox News agreed to pay Dominion $787.5 million and acknowledged the court's earlier ruling that Fox had broadcast false statements about Dominion.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, January 6 is a blatant example of Trump egging the crowd on, but the far-right disagrees with this fact. I have a friend here on this forum, great guy, who is a Republican, but he condemns Trump's actions. He prefers Nikki Haley.
I have been following news for decades now and I did not see anything wrong done by Trump. He specifically said to the crowd that they should PEACEFULLY go to the capitol and protest.

I am sick of all the lies told about Trump. It is not only disgusting but very disturbing. Now we see all the fake court cases against him. And I suppose you have no problem with that because Trump is not Jesus Incarnate?

I wish people would look at their own sins and mind their own business about sins from someone else's past.

Catholics do not believe that a person can simply say "OOPS, Sorry, Jesus, I sinned. But you will forgive me and that's that."

No, when you sin, that sin damages your soul. The healing begins at sacramental confession, and the residue left by that sin (especially mortal sin like fornication, abortion, divorce-remarriage [aka adultery], etc) stays on the soul for quite some time. Only prayer and fasting and doing better in thefuture (Sin no more, Jesus said) gets the stain completely off your soul and so often, we die with much residue left to be burnt off, hence Purgatory.

Don't bother telling me you don't believe all that. Most people don't.. I've heard all the arguments against Purgatory and etc... but it is alluded to in Scripture (Mt 18:23 etc), the only thing Catholics and Protestants have in common (to speak of)

Last edited:
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Dominion focused on allegations made between November 2020 and January 2021 by hosts Maria Bartiromo, Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, and Jeanine Pirro. Guests who often appeared with these hosts included Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, both of whom have also been sued individually by Dominion in federal court.[a] During pre-trial discovery, Fox News' internal communications were released, indicating that prominent hosts and top executives were aware the network was reporting false statements but continued doing so to retain viewers for financial reasons.
In a summary judgment on March 31, 2023, Delaware Superior Court judge Eric M. Davis ruled that none of the disputed statements Fox News made about Dominion were true and ordered a trial to determine if the network had acted with actual malice.
On April 18, 2023, as opening statements were about to begin, the judge announced that the parties had reached a settlement. Fox News agreed to pay Dominion $787.5 million and acknowledged the court's earlier ruling that Fox had broadcast false statements about Dominion.

This is a lot of words that really do not tell us much at all

Fox should not have been held accountable for what their guests said. End of Sentence.

The fact that maybe they were held accountable just the same (again, I have not researched this with reliable sources) indicates that .. well, I am wondering who appointed that judge Eric Davis?

Everything's politics these days. So there's that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
exactly. I don't watch much cnn at all, but when Fox is on commercial break or whatever, I do and it's all I can do to finish watching some short segment or another... They obviously lie a lot of the time or distort the truth which can the same thing as lying, the exact same thing.

When they are presenting only facts, which seems like a rarity, I pay attention. When they speak on Trump, I don't.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree. I am somewhat left (when it comes to environmentalism and housing), but I had a conversation with a guy born in 2003, and he sadly supports the trans movement even though he is a Christian. I told him there are two genders XX and XY (and a very tiny fraction people with XXY or XYY because of genetic defects), and that perverts could fake their gender to enter the women's bathroom. He didn't like what I had to say. Christian in Name Only, but I am not the judge.

That's kind of comical... you say Christian in name only, then say you don't judge.

But I don't see that as a judgment like some here likely will. I see it as stating your truth and better, Truth, period.

How can you be an objective Christian when you think it's OK to do what you have said here, fake a gender change so you can enter women's bathrooms? Some girls in high school or maybe it was even a lower grade than HS have been assaulted and some raped by these fakers.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
this is all I've read so far

I'm sure you've heard that saying

Being middle of the road means getting run over?

Jesus was pretty black and white himself

He said such things as "If you deny Me before men, I will deny you before the Father"

That's not too gray, is it?

Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,117,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
But what I was explicitly asking about was - related to the boarder-wall building politics of Trump -- with much fewer illegal crossings, and the rule-of-law idea where no statements were telegraphed about certain thefts being not-prosecutable if they are less than a certain x-1000's of dollars per heist , and illegal boarder crossing were not being called for outright etc -- as compared to what we got during the next admin.

You seem to be saying we saw all that in both administrations.
yeh, what group is most hurt by taht "no prosecution if the theft is under $1000" thing?

the poor. It is poor people who have $1000 cars or what would be valued at $1000 if reported to the cops. If that is all a person can afford, and if unemployed can't afford even to maintain that kind.... etc... etc

So much for the left having compassion for the poor. I don't see them having compassion for anyone but themselves an their agenda of being in power (because, dontcha know, they are so superior to all us everyday folks and we need them to show us the way)

I almost feel like barfing

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0