✟350,140.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
CNN and MSNBC do that every day!
Is that supposed to be a gotcha? I don't use either of those as news sources. Also I'm not aware of either of them not only admitting in court, but using as a defense, that people shouldn't believe what their hosts are saying.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why should we trust many politicians who go into office of average means and leave multi-millionaires?

The verse in Luke doest not make it an impossibility but riches can be a huge distraction from God. The eye of the needle is a narrow gateway in Jerusalem difficult for a camel who is heavily loaded to pass through.
Agreed. Riches can be a huge distraction from God. I do not trust politicians either (of both parties).

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟111,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is that supposed to be a gotcha? I don't use either of those as news sources. Also I'm not aware of either of them not only admitting in court, but using as a defense, that people shouldn't believe what their hosts are saying.
No gotcha just a fact!

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Fox would have been OFF the air entirely a decade ago if even a fraction of what that station has been accused of were true..

amazing how many liars there are in the world.. people willing to lie and deceive just to gain worldly power or influence or money (some say if you want all that, and don't want your eternal soul anymore, join the D party)

But Jesus did tell us that the world and all that is in it is passing away

and that therefore, we should not be a part of it (with all own's soul). Some say just being involved in learning about said world and fighting against it's errors is bad or un-Christian. NOT. How is the world going to ever change if Christians and others who appreciate justice... do nothing?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,398.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For example, they speak of the right being extreme on abortion, yet they're the ones calling for abortion up to the 9th month.
This is almost certainly misleading. In context, you are saying that CNN is calling for abortion up to the 9th month. I am quite confident that the actual truth is that CNN talking heads have expressed support for abortion up to the 9th month in very special circumstances only.

Your statement gives the impression that CNN favours abortion on demand up to the 9th month - I very much doubt that.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,398.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
show me one case, proof of them lying.
Is the following "proof"? Let the reader judge. From the NY Times:

Newly disclosed messages and testimony from some of the biggest stars and most senior executives at Fox News revealed that they privately expressed disbelief about President Donald J. Trump’s false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, even though the network continued to promote many of those lies on the air.

And what about this - here we have Fox people directly conceding they made false claims:

Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis today announced a last-minute settlement of the defamation case pitting Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News, which repeatedly aired statements that falsely implicated the company in a criminal conspiracy that supposedly denied Donald Trump a second term. Dominion sued Fox in 2021, seeking $1.6 billion in damages, and the trial had been scheduled to begin this week. Justin Nelson, a lawyer for Dominion, said the settlement includes a $787.5 million payment from Fox.

"The truth matters," Nelson said outside the courthouse. "Lies have consequences. Over two years ago, a torrent of lies swept Dominion and election officials across America into an alternative universe of conspiracy theories, causing grievous harm to Dominion and the country."

Fox more or less agreed. "We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems," it said in a press release. "We acknowledge the Court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Fox more or less agreed. "We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems," it said in a press release. "We acknowledge the Court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.
Maybe you don't realize that all courts are not on the up and up?

not all judges either?

I know you can't be THAT naive. And I have searched for info on what that case was about and found ZERO details that explains what really happened. So you assuming that Fox lied and then admitted is just you

bloviating

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,398.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you don't realize that all courts are not on the up and up?

not all judges either?
Not the point and you know it - Fox concedes false statements. Again, a Fox statement reads thusly:

"We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems," it said in a press release. "We acknowledge the Court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false."

So you assuming that Fox lied and then admitted is just you
No. This is a direct quote from Fox on the public record - they admit to falsehoods. There is nowhere for you to go on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums