Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do know a bit about the context. It's not only about circumcision, though circumcision is related. He wrote the letter to address law-oriented Christian living (as opposed to Christ-centered Christian living). I could quote and rightly explain several sections of Galatians to prove that point.
Then do so. Please provide context or verses proving that the Laws of Christ are also included. I mean, surely is not 1 John 3:23 a part of that? If so, then your current belief will self implode.

You have already conceeded that the OT law that is anchored by the 10 Commandments is included in the NT law that Jesus commanded us to fulfill when you referred to the sermon on the mount where Jesus discussed murder, adultery, bearing false witness, and more. He didn't lighten the OT law, He said it not only applies to our physical actions, but the thoughts and intents of our hearts.
It appears you are not aware that the Old Law ended when Jesus died upon the cross. So those teachings by Jesus that are not exclusive to the Old Law alone (like the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, animal sacrifices, etcetera) have not carried over into the New Covenant teachings. The New Covenant and the laws of Christ officially began when Jesus’ physical body died upon the cross (Whereby the temple veil was torn from top to bottom letting us know that the Levitical system had ended). Jesus is not even of the Levitical priesthood, but another priesthood, as well. If you were to read Colossians 2, it says Jesus nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us. Why else would Paul said that he was afraid for the Galatians

No. If you seek to be justified by obedience to law, you have fallen from grace and are estranged from Christ. It doesn't matter what kind of law you construct that through obedience to it you become justified.
First, you have to prove with the Bible that Paul is not referring to our “Initial Salvation” when he talks about being saved by God’s grace through faith without works.

Second, you again have to prove with the Bible that Paul is referring to both the laws of Moses and the laws of Christ.

Any attempt to be justified by law reveals that you are creating distance between you and the salvific work of Christ on the cross (estrangement from Christ) and that you are not counting fully on Him and His unmerited favor (fallen from grace).
You are mixing the true words of Scripture with man made statements that run contrary to God’s Word.

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. (Ga 5:4)​
Verse 2. Circumcision. This was a part of the Old Law and the laws of Christ or New Covenant teachings. So verse 4 here is in reference to Old Law and not the new law.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,890.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I once oriented myself to God through obeying the law. I found that it was impossible to slim down the requirements of the law sufficiently to avoid condemnation for breaking it. It is impossible to reduce the law to a small enough number or to reduce its applicability to a small enough number of circumstances so that your obedience rises to the level that God accepts you on the basis of your obedience. Eventually, no matter how hard you try, you find yourself on your kneed at the feet of Jesus asking for forgiveness.

Why is this so? Because the Scripture does not say in vain that if you place yourself under the law you are obligated to perform all the law. As a result, any attempt to lighten the requirements of the law is met with God puting on you and letting you feel the entire weight of the law. Eventually, even the "strongest" Christian breaks down and admits he is a sinner in need of a savior and that his good works havn't saved him. The smart ones stay on their knees at the feet of Jesus and don't pick back up the law and attempt to please Him through their obedience.
Thank you. God graciously gave us the Law, not that we could be saved by obeying it, but to bring into sharp focus our own inability and need for God's grace and mercy through faith in Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. God graciously gave us the Law, not that we could be saved by obeying it, but to bring into sharp focus our own inability and need for God's grace and mercy through faith in Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

If what you say is true then Jesus should have rebuked the lawyer in Luke 10 instead of saying, "Thou hast answered right".

Luke 10:25-28
"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

If the OSAS crowd stepped in for Jesus, they would have said, “Wrong lawyer! Just believe in the finished work of the cross!”
But no such unbiblical statement was ever made by our Lord or even one of His followers in Scripture.

This is why I cannot take OSAS folk seriously.
They just speak things that are not even in Scripture and when confronted with verses that refute their belief, they don’t really don’t explain such verses.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,890.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If what you say is true then Jesus should have rebuked the lawyer in Luke 10 instead of saying, "Thou hast answered right".

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

If the OSAS crowd stepped in for Jesus, they would have said, “Wrong lawyer! Just believe in the finished work of the cross!”
But no such unbiblical statement was ever made by our Lord or even one of His followers in Scripture.

They just speak things that are not even in Scripture and when confronted with verses that refute their belief, they don’t really don’t explain such verses.
Galatians 3:1 You foolish Galatian, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

6 Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.” 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “The righteous man shall live by faith.” 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The gospel of the kingdom always required Faith + works to be saved.

No such thing as OSAS there, you are correct.

But you must accept that the bible has different instructions to different groups at different times.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Let's look at this a bit closer.

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”
27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

(Lk 10:25-28)​

The first hint is that this person was a "lawyer". This does not mean he was an attortney. It means he was an expert in OT law. Jesus knew he was an expert on the law, so He asked him the question. The lawyer gave the right answer, which Jesus affirmed.

But the story does not end there. It goes on...
29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”​

30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’

36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”​

37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”​

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

(Lk 10:25–37)​

Luke says the lawyer asked, "And who is my neighbor?" in hopes of limiting the requirements of the law sufficiently for him to fulfill the requirements of the law. But Jesus' story of the good Samaritan blew those hopes out of the water.

This is consistent with what I have experienced. People today know the law. And just like the lawyer in the story, they know that if strictly applied, they do not live up to the requirements of the law. So, like the lawyer they look for loopholes. But God does not allow it. He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart and will give eternal life only to those who fulfill the requirements of the law in its entirety. That is the "blessing" side of the law. But the "curse" side of the law is eternal damnation for those who fail to fulfill the requirements of the law in its entirety.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then do so. Please provide context or verses proving that the Laws of Christ are also included. I mean, surely is not 1 John 3:23 a part of that? If so, then your current belief will self implode.

It appears you are not aware that the Old Law ended when Jesus died upon the cross. So those teachings by Jesus that are not exclusive to the Old Law alone (like the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, animal sacrifices, etcetera) have not carried over into the New Covenant teachings. The New Covenant and the laws of Christ officially began when Jesus’ physical body died upon the cross (Whereby the temple veil was torn from top to bottom letting us know that the Levitical system had ended). Jesus is not even of the Levitical priesthood, but another priesthood, as well. If you were to read Colossians 2, it says Jesus nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us. Why else would Paul said that he was afraid for the Galatians

First, you have to prove with the Bible that Paul is not referring to our “Initial Salvation” when he talks about being saved by God’s grace through faith without works.

Second, you again have to prove with the Bible that Paul is referring to both the laws of Moses and the laws of Christ.

You are mixing the true words of Scripture with man made statements that run contrary to God’s Word.

Verse 2. Circumcision. This was a part of the Old Law and the laws of Christ or New Covenant teachings. So verse 4 here is in reference to Old Law and not the new law.
First of all, "We are not under law but under grace" (Ro 6:14; Ro 6:15). But if we were under law and not under grace, condemnation would be upon us due to our lack of obedience. Throwing out things "like the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, animal sacrifices, etcetera" wouldn't make being under law any easier. And now that we are not under law but under grace, stepping out from under grace and placing ourselves under law is certainly out of the question.

Please, if you care to reply, provide a definition of grace that does not exclude works.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3:1 You foolish Galatian, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

6 Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.” 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “The righteous man shall live by faith.” 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.
First, in the passage you quoted in Galatians: Paul is concerned about how to GET saved or Initial Salvation in attempting to fight against a heresy, of which I call “Circumcision Salvationism.” “Circumcision Salvationism” is the false belief that says you have to be circumcised to be initially saved instead of having faith in Jesus Christ and seeking forgiveness of your sins with Him (Romans 10:9-13) by believing the gospel message (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Circumcision was never a part of the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers but it was a part of the Abrahamic Covenant and the Laws of Moses. Circumcision was a part of the Old Law and it is not a part of the New Law. The heresy of “Circumcision Salvationism” is addressed at the Jerusalem counsel. Christians are not under the Old Law as a whole or package deal (Although, the moral laws that is instinctual to man to keep have carried over). Please read Acts 15:1-24.

Anyway, notice what Paul says in chapter 4:

”But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.” (Galatians 4:9-11).

Observing days, months, and years is a part of the 613 Laws of Moses and not the Laws given to us by Jesus Christ. Yes, Jesus at times quoted from the Old Law, but he did not always exactly follow it and He was making changes. During Jesus’ ministry, it was a transition of covenants. Jesus was primarily teaching us New Covenant and not Old Covenant (Although He did abide by Old Covenant laws). Think. According to the Old Law, Jesus should have stoned the woman caught in the act of adultery, but He didn’t. It’s because Jesus is God and He has authority to make changes (Although in reality Jesus was merely obeying the commands of His Father). Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. Just read through the Sermon on the Mount and you will see Jesus telling us the Old way, and then He says things like, “But I say unto you” (by giving us a New way).

When Christ died upon the cross, the Old Covenant officially ended and the 613 laws given to Israel as a part of that contract had ended. Yes, some laws have been repeated or carried over into the New Covenant, but we get these new laws from Jesus and His followers. Paul also tells us to love your neighbor is the fulfilling of the Law (i.e., the Old Law). It’s not that the Old Law is in effect, Paul is merely saying that you fulfill its requirements today under the New Covenant by loving your neighbor (See: Romans 13:8-10).

So like the other poster in this forum, you are confusing as to which Law Paul is talking about here. If you read the context, no mention of the Laws of Christ under the New Covenant are in view. The Law here mentioned by Paul is not generic but it is a reference to the Old Law. We are not under the Old Law as a whole or contract (even though certain laws have repeated or carried over). Christians do not have to keep the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, holy days, animal sacrifices, and stone others if they break certain laws, etcetera.

Galatians 5:2 says if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
Then we read in Galatians 5:4 about the condemnation of the Law. This would be the Old Law and not the Laws of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at this a bit closer.

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”​
26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”​
27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”​
28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”​
(Lk 10:25-28)​

The first hint is that this person was a "lawyer". This does not mean he was an attortney. It means he was an expert in OT law.
I never said he was an attorney. So your assumption that you would think that I would believe such a ridiculous thing is an argument from something I never stated.

Jesus knew he was an expert on the law, so He asked him the question. The lawyer gave the right answer, which Jesus affirmed.

But the story does not end there. It goes on...
29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”​

30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’​
36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”​

37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”​

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”​
(Lk 10:25–37)​

Luke says the lawyer asked, "And who is my neighbor?" in hopes of limiting the requirements of the law sufficiently for him to fulfill the requirements of the law. But Jesus' story of the good Samaritan blew those hopes out of the water.

This is consistent with what I have experienced. People today know the law. And just like the lawyer in the story, they know that if strictly applied, they do not live up to the requirements of the law. So, like the lawyer they look for loopholes. But God does not allow it. He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart and will give eternal life only to those who fulfill the requirements of the law in its entirety. That is the "blessing" side of the law. But the "curse" side of the law is eternal damnation for those who fail to fulfill the requirements of the law in its entirety.
You’re missing the point of the story. Jesus did not say, “Just believe on the finished work of the cross.” He said, “Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” Jesus’ point was not to point out that it was impossible to not love your neighbor. He simply instructed the lawyer to help the poor beat up person on the side of the road as a part of eternal life. We see a similar thing in Matthew 25:31-46, and Luke 16:19-31. Jesus was saying you have to help the poor in this life, and if not, you are not going to make it into His Kingdom. Paul teaches about loving others as a part of eternal life in that you have to provide for your own and if not, you are worse than an infidel (unbeliever) and have denied the faith (1 Timothy 5:8).

Now, I know the OSAS excuse. They will say that 1 TImothy 5:8 is in reference to the false believer. However, 1 Timothy 5:8 cannot be talking about a false believer who is really an unbeliever because only a believer can be worse than an unbeliever. Anyway, you are doing the OSAS dance around Luke 10:25-28. You are not dealing with the reality of the text, my friend. It is a passage you simply do not like and so you are trying to explain it away (or make it fit somehow with the belief in popular candy coated version of Christianity).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The gospel of the kingdom always required Faith + works to be saved.

No such thing as OSAS there, you are correct.

But you must accept that the bible has different instructions to different groups at different times.
Mid Acts Dispensationalism is clearly unbiblical. There is no respect of persons with God. There is only one gospel. Paul said if anyone preach another gospel, let him be accursed. The gospel of the kingdom is referred to as the Kingdom of God mentioned by the apostle Paul himself. Acts 20:25 makes it clear he preached the kingdom of God. Jesus also preached the Kingdom of God (Luke 4:43). Granted, the details of the gospel was probably not as clear as Paul made it in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, but the gospel was still preached nonetheless.

Paul also taught “Faith(belief) + “Works of Faith(sanctification) = Salvation.

Paul taught being saved by God’s grace by faith (belief) without works in our Initial Salvation in Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Romans 4:3-5, Romans 11:6.

However, Paul also taught works of faith as a part of salvation after we are saved by God’s grace through faith (See: Galatians 6:8-9, Titus 1:16, 1 Timothy 5:8, Romans 2:5-11, and Romans 6:22.

OSAS is evil because it turns God’s grace into a license for immorality (See: Jude 1:4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul says we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
Jesus never justified sin or thought He could do wrong and be in God’s good graces.
So do you have the mind of Christ, or do you have an OSAS mindset that seeks to serve God and sin?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This wicked documentary saying "OSAS false" (once saved always saved) teaching a lose your salvation, works salvation false gospel, is out there and listen it is wicked. Nobody in that entire video is saved, every single one is a false teacher who will split hell wide open and is a wicked devil going straight to hell busting hell wide open at lightning speed lowest hell and the saints will rejoice when they are thrown into Lake of fire. Jesus said I give them eternal life they shall never perish John 10:28

The people in this video are going straight to hell when they die, the lowest hell, don't follow them there!

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus died buried rose again shed his precious blood on the cross to pay for our sins. we simply Believe on him for the free gift of eternal life, by grace through faith.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All liars so if you tell one lie you're damned. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I've know I've lied before, we have all lied before and we have all done worse than lying let's face it.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Salvation is grace through faith whosoever believeth in Jesus hath eternal life. Jesus paid it all. Amen the good news of the gospel is that Jesus took our sins and died for them.

Will you call on the name of Jesus, ask him to be saved? Say this prayer dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I believe in you and ask for the free gift of salvation, your word says whosoever believeth, and well, I believeth in you, that you died buried rose again for my sins, I call on your name Lord Jesus and ask to be saved, will you save me? I am only trusting in you Jesus, thank you for saving me, amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, the bible says you are saved and have eternal life that can never be lost you can trust Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How to go to heaven simply explained, I hope to see you there!:

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved! amen
You always post these slap & run away threads where you never actually address any of the passages of scripture that prove your theology wrong. If your theology is sound doctrine you wouldn’t have to avoid the passages that prove you wrong. If your beliefs don’t line up with ALL SCRIPTURE then they’re false. If you want to actually teach what the truth about what the Bible teaches you’re going to have to stop ignoring the other half of it that proves you wrong. Pretending that these passages don’t exist doesn’t result in truth. If you can’t back up your argument with an actual discussion on the topic then why create a thread about it in the first place?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You always post these slap & run away threads where you never actually address any of the passages of scripture that prove your theology wrong. If your theology is sound doctrine you wouldn’t have to avoid the passages that prove you wrong. If your beliefs don’t line up with ALL SCRIPTURE then they’re false. If you want to actually teach what the truth about what the Bible teaches you’re going to have to stop ignoring the other half of it that proves you wrong. Pretending that these passages don’t exist doesn’t result in truth. If you can’t back up your argument with an actual discussion on the topic then why create a thread about it in the first place?
Well said. This is a common argument or fallacy by many today. Rarely do I get a back and forth discussion on the actual verse or passage in how it actually defends their belief. While I strongly disagree with Danthemailman, Dan the mailman has made the best effort so far, but he still does not see the contradiction in his belief system and he is not interpreting the Bible correctly on this topic. But he does get an A for effort in his trying to explain things (Although I disagree with him strongly on his belief in OSAS).

I suppose all we can do sometimes is pray for God to open their eyes if they truly want to seek the truth on this matter someday.
However, I am afraid many simply just do not want to see the truth (unfortunately).

Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, Paul also taught works of faith as a part of salvation after we are saved by God’s grace through faith (See: Galatians 6:8-9, Titus 1:16, 1 Timothy 5:8, Romans 2:5-11, and Romans 6:22.

There is no such thing as "works of faith" today, by Romans 4:5.

You are interpreting those passages incorrectly.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all, "We are not under law but under grace" (Ro 6:14; Ro 6:15). But if we were under law and not under grace, condemnation would be upon us due to our lack of obedience. Throwing out things "like the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, animal sacrifices, etcetera" wouldn't make being under law any easier. And now that we are not under law but under grace, stepping out from under grace and placing ourselves under law is certainly out of the question.

Please, if you care to reply, provide a definition of grace that does not exclude works.
Again, you are not reading the actual context of which “law” Paul is referring to here in Romans 6.

Romans 8:2-4 says,
”For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. “

So you are free from the Old Law of sin and death (the 613 laws of Moses) by keeping the New Covenant Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. We keep this New Covenant Law by walking not after the flesh (sin), but by walking after the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 9:21
”To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.”

Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Please slowly read again Romans 8:13, and Galatians 6:8-9. These two verses tie into this, as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as "works of faith" today, by Romans 4:5.

You are interpreting those passages incorrectly.
Uh, no. Paul talks about this work of faith.

”Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;” (1 Thessalonians 1:3).

“Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;” (2 Thessalonians 1:11).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I preach my wife has long hair

You preach your wife has long hair

Can one conclude that your wife is my wife?
You’re not making any sense. There is only one gospel message. If the gospel message was different during another time period, and or it included different things, then it would be another gospel.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,890.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You’re not making any sense. There is only one gospel message. If the gospel message was different during another time period, and or it included different things, then it would be another gospel.
Do you believe that there were people who were saved before Jesus Christ came to this earth? If so, would you include Noah in the list?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,672.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am using your same reasoning.

You cannot tell?

Upvote 0