Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟152,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Paul was a chosen vessel to bear Christ's name for both the Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 9:15
"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

In my experience, those who believe in Mid Acts Dispensationalism hold to the view that Paul preached the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter preached a different gospel to the Jews. The above verse demonstrates that Paul preached the gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. As I pointed out in Acts 13:42-49, Paul preached to the Jews and they rejected his gospel message, and so he went to the Gentiles. This proves there weren’t two gospels. There has always been one gospel. It was prophesied about in the Old Covenant until Jesus came. When Jesus arrived in Incarnate form, the gospel was preached, and Paul gave us the details of that gospel more clearly to people (Because people were looking at the gospel message with the gospel event had already happened). Why else would there be 4 gospel accounts? They all demonstrated one thing. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Well, that is if you believe the gospel accounts.
Exactly! Paul taught on all levels. But it was always the same gospel. I always like these verses-

I Corinthians 9:18 "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel."

I Corinthians 9:19 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more."

I Corinthians 9:20 "And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;"

I Corinthians 9:21 "To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

I Corinthians 9:23 "And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

Same gospel but taught on every level so he could reach everyone. From the Jew to the Gentile, to the weak and mature.

And yes Paul shows us certain mysteries for example -"all are changed" at the last trump, etc but that in no way means he's teaching a different gospel. It's still the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,472.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same gospel but taught on every level so he could reach everyone. From the Jew to the Gentile, to the weak and mature.

And yes Paul shows us certain mysteries for example -"all are changed" at the last trump, etc but that in no way means he's teaching a different gospel. It's still the same.

You share the same views as him about Acts 21:18-25, that James, the elders, and Paul made a mistake there?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,472.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Corinthians 9:18 "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel."

So by your previous reasoning,

If I preach a gospel about Christ
And another preach a gospel, also about Christ.

It must necessarily be true that we are both preaching the same gospel?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So by your previous reasoning,

If I preach a gospel about Christ
And another preach a gospel, also about Christ.

It must necessarily be true that we are both preaching the same gospel?
As we all know, simply preaching a sermon about someone named "Christ" is hardly the gospel. For example, the "Christ" of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons) is hardly the "Christ" of orthodox Christianity.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟219,472.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0