Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay... Then people who don't have the Sabbath commandment written on their hearts are not authentic Christians.

Now... Are you saying that something can be written on your heart, but you don't understand it? What is the value of writing it on your heart, then?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay... Then people who don't have the Sabbath commandment written on their hearts are not authentic Christians.

Now... Are you saying that something can be written on your heart, but you don't understand it? What is the value of writing it on your heart, then?
No. I'm not saying you can't understand it. I'm saying we don't understand things when we first come to Jesus. My case in point is the thief on the cross. He died hours after he accepted Christ as his savior so how much more could he have learned while hanging naked on his cross.

The value is in knowing Jesus for when He knows us He can do much more for us as in teaching us because our unbelief is then mixed with faith.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I'm not saying you can't understand it. I'm saying we don't understand things when we first come to Jesus. My case in point is the thief on the cross. He died hours after he accepted Christ as his savior so how much more could he have learned while hanging naked on his cross.

The value is in knowing Jesus for when He knows us He can do much more for us as in teaching us because our unbelief is then mixed with faith.
Well, not the idea of not understanding things in general, but specifically the law written on our hearts.

It seems to me we understand the things written on our hearts in an intuitive sense, kind of like an instinct.

That's why part of the New Covenant is that people don't need to teach each other what is written on their heart, that is, to know the Lord. But of course, people do need to be taught things that aren't written on their hearts, like how to do communion, or things like that.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe a related issue is whether the letters of the commandment about the weekly Sabbath are written on our hearts... Such that we need to keep the letter.

If you're thinking that what is written on our hearts is principles found in the law, then we agree :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe a related issue is whether the letters of the commandment about the weekly Sabbath are written on our hearts... Such that we need to keep the letter.

If you're thinking that what is written on our hearts is principles found in the law, then we agree :heart:
Not quite agreed yet. When the 4th commandment is written in, not on, our hearts it enables us to keep it. I know the scriptures say on but if something is on us it's different than being in us and when God's word is in us it changes us into His image, spiritually speaking.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not quite agreed yet. When the 4th commandment is written in, not on, our hearts it enables us to keep it. I know the scriptures say on but if something is on us it's different than being in us and when God's word is in us it changes us into His image, spiritually speaking.
Okay... When is God's law written in our heart?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay... When is God's law written in our heart?
Good question. I don't know if I have a good answer for you as I don't know everything.. To me it seems like it changes from person to person as it is written as we surrender our opinions and ideas to the sovereignty of God over our lives as that is when God did it in my life. I had been a
Christian for a long time before I allowed Him to do that for me.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good question. I don't know if I have a good answer for you as I don't know everything.. To me it seems like it changes from person to person as it is written as we surrender our opinions and ideas to the sovereignty of God over our lives as that is when God did it in my life. I had been a
Christian for a long time before I allowed Him to do that for me.
Okay... So all authentic Christians have God's law written on their heart, but not all have it written in their heart?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, and having God's laws put into our minds... Is that something true of all authentic Christians?

Yes.

I thought I'd answered this question already. Must have been someone else who asked it.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

I thought I'd answered this question already. Must have been someone else who asked it.
It may have been me, but we were talking about heart. This is "into the mind".

When something is put into our mind, do we understand it?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It may have been me, but we were talking about heart. This is "into the mind".

When something is put into our mind, do we understand it?
Yes. Through the wisdom and knowledge of the HS.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Through the wisdom and knowledge of the HS.
Okay, well then an interesting situation arises :) And we can relate this to the thread topic, too.

It looks to me like the vast majority of Christians don't have an awareness of "the weekly Sabbath (Saturday)" or that it is "Friday evening to Saturday evening". They may know about the idea, but don't seem aware they need to follow that commandment.

Maybe there aren't any authentic Christians outside of the 7th Day observing groups, and that's why they can be deceived.

The solution I prefer is that the commandment about the weekly Sabbath is not part of the God's laws that are written on their hearts, the hearts of authentic Christians who are not in Seventh-Day groups.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, well then an interesting situation arises :) And we can relate this to the thread topic, too.

It looks to me like the vast majority of Christians don't have an awareness of "the weekly Sabbath (Saturday)" or that it is "Friday evening to Saturday evening". They may know about the idea, but don't seem aware they need to follow that commandment.

Maybe there aren't any authentic Christians outside of the 7th Day observing groups, and that's why they can be deceived.

The solution I prefer is that the commandment about the weekly Sabbath is not part of the God's laws that are written on their hearts, the hearts of authentic Christians who are not in Seventh-Day groups.
The Bible tells us the minority of people have been God's servants. Look at Jesus' day. Only small number of the people and the priests dared to follow Him while He was alive. After the HS was poured out on Pentacost that changed somewhat but over 1 million Jews perished in the siege of Jerusalem because they were so hardened in sin that they never repented. It's that same way today because Jesus tells us the following.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

That tells me that it is only what the Bible calls a remnant that will be saved. Plus Jesus also said the following.

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

That tells me genuine faith will be very rare during the end times.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible tells us the minority of people have been God's servants. Look at Jesus' day. Only small number of the people and the priests dared to follow Him while He was alive. After the HS was poured out on Pentacost that changed somewhat but over 1 million Jews perished in the siege of Jerusalem because they were so hardened in sin that they never repented. It's that same way today because Jesus tells us the following.

That tells me that it is only what the Bible calls a remnant that will be saved. Plus Jesus also said the following.

That tells me genuine faith will be very rare during the end times.
I don't doubt that it's very rare, but is it only found in seventh day observing groups?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did that come from?
I think it's related to the OP. One idea there is that the Bible says that the weekly Sabbath is Saturday, but the Catholic Church - without God's approval - changed the primary day of rest and worship to Sunday. Later churches followed their lead.

But if all authentic Christians have the Sabbath commandment written into their minds, then where were they when the Catholic church was allegedly doing this?

True, there are reports throughout history of Seventh-Day groups. But we ought to see a common happening of people becoming authentic Christians, leaving Catholicism, and setting up seventh day groups.

Moving into modern times, a common saying among seventh day observers is that there are authentic Christians in all groups. In times of ignorance, God winks. But once a person learns the truth about the Sabbath, they have to make a choice: start observing the Sabbath or be willfully sinning.

But if all authentic Christians have the Sabbath commandment written into their minds, then that doesn't hold together. There is no time of ignorance about the seventh day, it's written into their minds. So there can't be authentic Christians in non-seventh day groups, following that reasoning.

Does that make sense? :heart:

Upvote 0