Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Word, Logos, with God who is God. The Bible is the word of God. It is not the same word, and they are not different forms of the same thing. The Bible is not the Creator. As the word of God, it (not He) shows what we need to know, including how to live. Jesus the incarnate Logos, Word with God who is God, lived accordingly by it, and was obedient to the heavenly Father, God, through it.

I was not saying something excluding that. Some people I have heard in the past, Camping included, have said all the Bible is the gospel, all of it needs to be believed, for the gospel to be believed. Actually the gospel of Christ is the power of salvation, people believing the gospel of Christ are saved, though they do not then know what things are said in the Bible, which does still certainly include this gospel. So when any of us have heard the gospel of Christ for salvation, we have heard from the word of God, of course it is from the Bible. Those saved should learn from the Bible then, believing it. We all need that, it is really valuable to us and our growth. But none of us lose salvation without that, it is with Christ himself that we are saved.

Jesus is the Word of God *John 1:1-4; 14. The Word of God is the gospel and we are to live by every word of it *Matthew 4:4

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LoveGodsWord said:
Jesus is the Word of God *John 1:1-4; 14. The Word of God is the gospel and we are to live by every word of it *Matthew 4:4

Yes, Jesus Christ is the incarnate Logos, the Word with God who is God. The Bible is the word of God, but not God himself, in being the revelation from God. Ideally we who are believers (and are saved) are to live by every word of Christ and the gospel of him. But hardly anyone really does, consider that you might ask for God's will on earth as it is in Heaven. There is no harm, hurt, killing, death, or sorrow in Heaven, there is love and caring without limit. God's will on earth as it is in Heaven should start from us, if we want that. Is that showing from us? It would if we live by every word.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all wanted to update this one to show that faith in God's Word alone is the sole source of eternal life.

Those who seek to tear it down do so at their own peril. In it is the light of life and without it there is only darnkess. Those who do not come to the light (the Word) do not come lest their evil deeds are exposed. This is the reason many seek to put out the light. It is a lamp and a light to our path and without it we cannot find our way to JESUS.

Let's share the scriptures...

PSLAMS 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

PSLAMS 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life: in your light shall we see light.

PSLAMS 43:3 O send out your light and your truth: let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill, and to your tabernacles.

PSLAMS 119:105 YOUR WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET AND A LIGHT UNTO MY PATH.

PSALMS 119:130 THE ENTRANCE OF YOUR WORDS GIVES LIGHT; IT GIVES UNDERSTANDING TO THE SIMPLE

PROVERBS 6:23 FOR THE COMMANDMENT IS A LAMP AND THE LAW IS LIGHT; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

ISAIAH 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is NO LIGHT IN THEM

JOHN 1:1-4; 14 [1], In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD. [2], The same was in the beginning with God. [3], All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4], In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5], And THE LIGHT (Word) SHINES IN DARKNESS; and the darkness comprehended it not.

[14] AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMOUNG US and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JOHN 3:19-21 And this is the condemnation, that LIGHT (the Word) IS COME INTO THE WORLD, and men loved darkness rather than LIGHT (the Word), because their deeds were evil. FOR EVERYONE THAT DOES EVIL HATES THE LIGHT (the Word), neither comes to the LIGHT (the Word), lest his deeds should be reproved. BUT HE THAT DOES TRUTH COMES TO THE LIGHT (the Word), that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

JOHN 8:12 Then spoke Jesus again to them, saying, I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD (The Word see JOHN 1:1-4; 14): he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17 [16], ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD (God breathed) and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. [17], That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.

2 TIMOTHY 2:15 STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED TO GOD, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.

JOHN 14:26 [26], But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I HAVE SAID TO YOU.

JOHN 16:13 [13], However, WHEN HE THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IS COME HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

JOHN 17:17 SANCTIFY THEM THROUGH THE TRUTH THY WORD IS TRUTH

JOHN 8:31-32 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD THEN YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES INDEED AND YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

EPHESIANS 2:8 [8], FOR BY GRAECE ARE YOU SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (links to)

ROMANS 10:17 FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD

According to the scriptures God's salvation only comes by faith in God's WORD. If there is no Word there is no faith and if there is no faith there is no salvation to those who reject God's Words. There is no righteousness without faith as there is no faith without Gods' Word. BEWARE of those who seek to teach you contrary to the scriptures.

What are your thoughts?

ACTS 17:11 [11], These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

FRIENDLY DISCUSSION PLEASE (no flamming and goading)

God bless.

All of these passages with written among mostly illiterate people long before any Bible was created.
So you'll have to be even more specific about "the Word".

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All of these passages with written among mostly illiterate people long before any Bible was created.
No need as the scriptures posted are self explanatory. All scripture is given for our admonition upon whom the ends of the world have come according to Paul in 1 Corinthians 10:11 and all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness according to 2 Timothy 3:16. So we should be careful to follow the Words of Jesus when he says "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" *Matthew 4:4 from Deuteronomy 8:3. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *Romans 3:4; Matthew 15:3-9

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The word of God revealed in writing among generally illiterate people was still with all that being read to them together, so that all would still hear it, which is what matters. The passages of the Bible are all important, that in our spiritual walk they take priority over other things, while we should still consider those.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is it meaning that Jesus is the Light for us but to do as he said and was showing for us, that we would follow him who is Christ our Lord? He is the Way, then. We are not excused from his commandments, while he clearly said and showed what those meant.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sola Scripture makes no sense at all. None.

The Apostles preached via word of mouth mostly. By Sacred Tradition. Handed down from Jesus.

Today, we have Sacred Scripture AND Sacred Tradition. Handed down through the working of the Holy Spirit in the Church.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not according to God's Word- which is to be the light to our path Psa 110:105

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! (God's Word) If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

God's Word is the light to our path, not following man.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scriptures do not give or indicate authority of tradition, but all scriptures are profitable for what we as believers need. They do not exclude learning through science but real science would not contradict truth, which we have from God. So we have what the Bible clearly shows to pick first for what we accept, and then if it is possible there are other interpretations, check for other scriptures that would give indication for meaning otherwise not recognized. Believers too frequently disregard verses in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums