Do you eat pork?

• Yes

• No

• Why does it matter?

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

annier

The distinction between unclean and clean animals was already there before Gen 9, see: (Gen 7:2, 7:8, 8:20).
That is correct. BEFORE animals were to be eaten at all. Noah never associated clean and unclean with food. Rather animals were clean and unclean with regards to sacrifices. Noah knew what was and was not a "kosher" sacrifice unto God. Consider, that not all things kosher to eat, even under Levitical law, are NOT ALTAR KOSHER. So there goes your theory...The Israelites were given specific instructions regarding the qualifications for animals which were to be sacrificed to God.
So why would God tell him to eat unclean animals? So we must come to the conclusion that God meant every moving thing, as in "every moving thing THAT IS CLEAN."
Knowing that Noah did not eat animals when he knew clean and unclean animals. He knew Clean and unclean were not with regards to eating at that time. So, what you are really suggesting, without realizing it, is, that God restricted Noah diet to only those animals acceptable as a sacrifice unto God? No, Noah's diet was not even more restricted than the Israelites. Since you are speaking about what was altar kosher to Noah.
He was given all animals for food. Just as he had not forbidden any herb as unclean for food in the begining, so too he had given him all animals for food. By the way, Would you suggest eating any green herb, as none have been declared unclean by Leviticus? Not a good idea, since some are poisonous, and could kill a person. Your position is not reasonable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is basic sense here on this topic. If God said it was okay for Noah to eat unclean foods and Noah ate a pig and some shrimp when he got off the boat. WE WOULD HAVE NO PIGS OR SHRIMP TODAY!!!

you need 2 animal to reproduce, that is why God only put 2 pair of unclean animal on the boat vs 7 pairs of clean ones. They were needed to reproduce and that is all, they were not meant for food. Atleast at that time and point before refrigeration and artificial chemicals to prolong foods came out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is in response to another thread titled "Who eats chicken?"

Ok then, who here eats pork products?

I voted yes!

How does the rats, cats, dogs and bats dietary selection get included here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've eaten all kinds of critters, vermin and other various and sundry vittles. Almost any animal is edible and healthy if it is killed, cleaned and prepared correctly.

I wouldn't eat a skunk, though, unless I was starving, because of the smell. I also wouldn't eat a vulture because their bodies are swimming in salmonella.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by BobRyan
I've eaten all kinds of critters, vermin and other various and sundry vittles. Almost any animal is edible and healthy if it is killed, cleaned and prepared correctly.

I wouldn't eat a skunk, though, unless I was starving, because of the smell. I also wouldn't eat a vulture because their bodies are swimming in salmonella.
:)

I would venture to guess Rambo would eat skunk and vulture ;)

Rambo Stallone - On The Set Of First Blood : Part1 ( filming location video ) - YouTube

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/quotes

Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!
Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.
In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best...........

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't eat pork...but, I, also, don't eat buzzards. In G-d's Eyes, their functions are exactly the same...clean up crews. :p

Pigs eat vegetables as the rummage through the undergrowth and will eat insects and other things that they find. Their diet is nothing like the diet of buzzards. One ought to check sources to verify one's claims before making them.

Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals. In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves, grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. In confinement pigs are fed mostly corn and soybean meal with a mixture of vitamins and minerals added to the diet. Because pigs are omnivores they make excellent pasture raised animals. Traditionally they were raised on dairy farms and called "mortgage lifters" due to their ability to use the excess milk as well as whey from cheese and butter making combined with pasture.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig#cite_note-9 Older pigs will consume three to five gallons of water per day. (wikipedia)

The Common Buzzard breeds in woodlands, usually on the fringes, but favours hunting over open land. It eats mainly small mammals, and will come to carrion. A great opportunist, it adapts well to a varied diet of pheasant, rabbit, other small mammals to medium mammals, snakes and lizards, and can often be seen walking over recently ploughed fields looking for worms and insects. (wikipedia)

Upvote 0

mrs94

Follower of Yeshua
Sep 29, 2012
✟7,892.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Pigs eat vegetables as the rummage through the undergrowth and will eat insects and other things that they find. Their diet is nothing like the diet of buzzards. One ought to check sources to verify one's claims before making them.

Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals. In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves, grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. In confinement pigs are fed mostly corn and soybean meal with a mixture of vitamins and minerals added to the diet. Because pigs are omnivores they make excellent pasture raised animals. Traditionally they were raised on dairy farms and called "mortgage lifters" due to their ability to use the excess milk as well as whey from cheese and butter making combined with pasture. Older pigs will consume three to five gallons of water per day. (wikipedia)

The Common Buzzard breeds in woodlands, usually on the fringes, but favours hunting over open land. It eats mainly small mammals, and will come to carrion. A great opportunist, it adapts well to a varied diet of pheasant, rabbit, other small mammals to medium mammals, snakes and lizards, and can often be seen walking over recently ploughed fields looking for worms and insects. (wikipedia)

G-d bless you, coffee! :)

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice stretch. Bacteria in yogurt is the same kinds present in your gut that G-d designed to help our bodies function. :)

lol, good catch.
You busted pgp doing his mental yoga gymnastics.

...some of my best friends are bacteria...^_^

Upvote 0