The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I like quiche lorraine and that has bacon in it, and my husband loves those brown sugar bacon wrapped smokies, I will have some of those. I never really ate pork chops till I was in my mid 40s, but im not too crazy bout them. One recipe I like but even then its not my favorite. Bacon is flavorful though, that turkey bacon is awful, that just dont taste right to me.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I like quiche lorraine and that has bacon in it, and my husband loves those brown sugar bacon wrapped smokies, I will have some of those. I never really ate pork chops till I was in my mid 40s, but im not too crazy bout them. One recipe I like but even then its not my favorite. Bacon is flavorful though, that turkey bacon is awful, that just dont taste right to me.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy...wait, I'm not done yet ^_^...about pork chops either. They're kind of dry and I don't like dry food. Bacon rocks, however.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm not too crazy...wait, I'm not done yet ^_^...about pork chops either. They're kind of dry and I don't like dry food. Bacon rocks, however.

Thats exactly why I hated pork chops, because my mom made them so dry, and they dont have to be like that, theres real moist one thats good at all recipes, many folls commented on how moist they were? It depends on how they are cooked.

I know, you cook killer bacon, now if I can get you and my husband together one weekend morn, his eggs and your bacon will make for one heck of a breakfast im thinking.

give yas each a burner ^_^

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
bacon-meme-eggs-are-sides-for-bacon-excercise_thumb.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim. 4:4 "For EVERY CREATURE of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving."

God listed EVERY CREATURE he intended for us to eat as food in Lev 11.

And we are to giving thanksgiving to those foods when we eat them. God never intended for us to eat pig, even though bacon is great. I myself have switched to turkey bacon. Bu t what people eat is between them and God

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, unless it's the only option or so. It's unhealthy, and I also find NT scripture talking against eating it.

This is long proven false.

All meat is unsafe unless it is cooked properly; pork is no exception.

Furthermore, in a vision, God put supposedly "unclean" food in front of St. Peter and commanded him to eat, telling him essentially that such things were never unclean to begin with.

Cleanliness rules are of Judaism. Jews follow them; for Christians to follow them is an abandonment of the salvation won on the cross and is a grave, terrible sin.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is long proven false.

All meat is unsafe unless it is cooked properly; pork is no exception.

Furthermore, in a vision, God put supposedly "unclean" food in front of St. Peter and commanded him to eat, telling him essentially that such things were never unclean to begin with.

Cleanliness rules are of Judaism. Jews follow them; for Christians to follow them is an abandonment of the salvation won on the cross and is a grave, terrible sin.

I don't believe the vision of Peter is about us being allowed to eat unclean animals. I believe 1 Timothy 4:5 is very clear, that the word of God decides what is sanctified for us to eat, and the word of God in that case is OT, and we can see what is sanctified in Leviticus 11.

I have read stories of people getting sick, dying by eating pork, and I don't believe they cooked it improperly. I can give you a link in PM if you want.

I don't believe I've abandoned salvation, where does the Bible say that?

I don't try to abstain from pork because I believe this saves me, just like I don't try to abstain from sins like lying or trying to keep the sabbath etc, just because I think I get saved because I do that, but because I want to please God and love Him.

1 Tim. 4:4 "For EVERY CREATURE of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving."

Tapeworms? Are they good for us to eat? ? The next verse explains "For it is sanctified by the word of God . . ."

What is the word of God in this context?

Last edited:
Upvote 0